Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

god bless stan kelly

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thoguh posted:

I had to stop in to the office today to sign something (the place is empty and they are mandating masks for anyone who does come in) and found a mummified clementine on my desk. Woops.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Lol at CNN’s second top story being Adele’s instagram post, this country has decided thousands dying every day is boring

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

so i heard the “covid deaths are inflated bc hospitals get more money from covid patients” conspiracy poo poo from a friend the other day and given im a big dumb idiot didnt really know what to say other than “gently caress if i know.” how do i explain this is bullshit?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Kind of confused on why the cow is crying, would it rather be dead and in the freezer? :confused:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Gio posted:

so i heard the “covid deaths are inflated bc hospitals get more money from covid patients” conspiracy poo poo from a friend the other day and given im a big dumb idiot didnt really know what to say other than “gently caress if i know.” how do i explain this is bullshit?

by what mechanism would they get more from a dead person

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/caitlin0lowell/status/1257898044063977473?s=20

Dancer
May 23, 2011

fosborb posted:

decided to learn more tableau and update this thing

Important warning, before you see a number and get too excited: are you making sure to round down the 9/11 per day stat? You wouldn't want it to say 1.0 when it's actually 0.98...

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gio posted:

hospitals make their money off elective procedures and even in hard-hit areas are laying doctors and nurses off left and right right up until they're at the freaking out NYC peak beds in lobby phase

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Lol at CNN’s second top story being Adele’s instagram post, this country has decided thousands dying every day is boring

I was thinking about this, there's not gonna be a memorial to the dead, is there? We're just gonna try to act like the actual deaths didn't matter

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Gio posted:

Covid-19 reimbursement has nothing to do with the number of patients that died. It's tied to time billed on Covid-19 related projects and efforts, we recharge this time (individual or unit) to a different cost center.

No one wants this to be over with more than hospitals, we have every incentive for this to end ASAP so we can go back to where the real money comes from: elective surgeries.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

when this pandemic is represented in movies or books or TV shows or whatever, it's going to be way more instances of people stuck inside compared to people dying or losing a loved one. Like, five to one at least

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We will erase the dead from our collective memory.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I was thinking about this, there's not gonna be a memorial to the dead, is there? We're just gonna try to act like the actual deaths didn't matter

people aren't being allowed to see or collect the bodies for obvious reasons which is making the whole thing more detached than normal

its all hosed up and weird

hypernormalization

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

people aren't being allowed to see or collect the bodies for obvious reasons which is making even more detached

its all hosed up and weird

There need to be leaked pictures everywhere but there aren't bc doctors and poo poo are A) busy and B) decorumites

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
everyone knows "UFOs" are just travelers from Agartha, the inside of the hollow earth

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Brian Flynn STFU and cash the check you fuckin narc

Siljmonster posted:

Wow it took nearly 200 years to pay back.
People keep posting this sentiment and FYI charity isn’t a debt. ffs let people do some kind poo poo now and again

UFOTacoMan posted:

“(Los Toltecos) was packed. Half weren’t wearing masks and you couldn’t talk to any employees to see what was up,” said Lindsay Pualoa. Her family gave up trying to get their order and ended up making pizza after even Taco Bell had a long line.
“But I was sure ours was the only family of geniuses who thought of getting Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo! I can’t believe this pandemic is forcing us to make our own pizzas!”

Zberan Madowinty posted:

This is indeed the way to do it. I have a friend in Des Moines (not even rural) who just buys - I forget exactly what it is - a quarter of a side of beef from a local farm that's grass-fed once a quarter, and he plops it in a chest freezer. The same local farm delivers a variety of vegetables to him once every two weeks. It's way cheaper than HyVee altogether.
I think some locals specifically avoid farm CSAs because you’re limited to whatever that farm grows and is ready for harvest and most people are used to getting whatever they want at a grocery store. We love having the CSA but there are some weeks where it’s like I hope you loving love squash because that’s half the box for the next month.

Gripweed posted:

when this pandemic is represented in movies or books or TV shows or whatever, it's going to be way more instances of people stuck inside compared to people dying or losing a loved one. Like, five to one at least

The “we finally went outside and there never was a pandemic after all!” trope

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Of course not, the country’s ability to collaborate on a project of collective mourning that doesn’t involve xenophobia disappeared with its attention span.

(So there’s maybe a chance of a memorial if we go to war with China at least)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol why did the bird die?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

703 posted:

Cinco de LOL

https://twitter.com/theburn_VA/status/1257822876335513601?s=19

By early evening Tuesday, Parrando’s Tex Mex Grill in Ashburn had a reported 100-200 people waiting outside its doors. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirms they got a call about overcrowding in the parking lot there and sent a deputy. The deputy advised Parrando’s managers about the current rules for restaurants and the people gathered were asked to return to their cars to wait for their food.

the mexican restaurant that i used to work at right by my house was packed all day, when I walked by nobody was wearing a mask. not one customer out of dozens.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the money for the deceased person just goes into their estate what is the big deal

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

no meat for it to eat

:(

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1258082127788347393

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

shovelbum posted:

There need to be leaked pictures everywhere but there aren't bc doctors and poo poo are A) busy and B) decorumites

turns out have your entire medical field be staffed by people who went into it for money is a bad thing lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

its a bald eagle

gregday
May 23, 2003

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s asking people to be suicide kamikaze for capital

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gahahah

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

my daily dilemma, luckily one with a tried and true solution :justpost:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gripweed posted:

oh, god, no. the us has done a pretty good job of obfuscating the tragedy of mass graves by covering up with whataboutism about stonks and freedom and the future of WFH so well that people can't even conceptualise that amount of dead people, except, of course, the people who are chillingly obsessed with how close that matches up to other, mostly preventable diseases like heart failure or diabetes because ANY admission that the us is a failed state would require attending to that

quite literally, about a week before this all popped off, a neighbour of mine snarkily remarked that a lot of people die of heart attacks and we don't do anything about that and i was like, "???? we do???" but she's a loving braindead leech so

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gripweed posted:

lol why would you think there would be one

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

just did the math and lunch was the 150th consecutive meal at home. 100% home cooked, with the loosest definition of "home cooked" is "made a sandwich". No take out/delivery/etc.

I've been getting Taco Bell from the drive thru

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

I've been getting Taco Bell from the drive thru

On Saturday I went on a 50 mile bike ride and rewarded myself with a Crunchwrap Supreme

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol @ disrupting a parade during a pandemic

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
The Mercedes-Benz Superdome, often referred to simply as the Superdome, is a domed sports and exhibition stadium located in the Central Business District of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. The actual capacity is 73,208 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

On Saturday I went on a 50 mile bike ride and rewarded myself with a Crunchwrap Supreme

That's abad reward, you're guaranteed to get one corner that's all lettuce and tomato while the meat and cheese settles in the other end