Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I feel really ashamed and bitchmade bc every single chud is just this really actualized confident individual whose every terrible plan gets them like at worst a 200k GoFundMe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

What is a bat detector?

An ultrasonic microphone, you can even tell bat species apart by their call frequency and structure

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

whoa

someone didn't get the message there are no limits anymore

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1258129282028560384

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Feldegast42 posted:

He did a lot of bad poo poo in South America to set up anti-communist banana republics like all presidents since the Spanish-American War

Its honestly hard to track because that poo poo has been nonstop for two centuries

Anyways looks like Chicago persevered and reduced the proportional outbreak in black communities by finding out that the Hispanic communities have a ton of cases (one hospital with 50% positive rate on tests) . Success!

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Eisenhower was a good President????

i once made the mistake of saying this to a friend who is from guatemala

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1258063687233003520

If the mortality rate is 1%, and 100% of Americans catch it, then that means 3 million deaths in the U.S.. For every million deaths, if we look at surveys for "how much should we spend to save a life" by looking at things like highway speed limits, it usually comes out to $10 million, and we very often fail to meet even that standard for things like air pollution. That comes out to $10 trillion per million deaths. That's almost half of the entire U.S. GDP per million deaths prevented. They can attack the strawman that this is about locking down as long as it "saves one life" as much as they want, but it's never been the case, because the potential loss of life at stake is so momentous. They could be focusing their energy on attacking Congress for not doing something like instituting a UBI and putting a national moratorium on evictions, but they can't resist an opportunity to punch down instead of up.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

I feel really ashamed and bitchmade bc every single chud is just this really actualized confident individual whose every terrible plan gets them like at worst a 200k GoFundMe

You should post this in the mental health thread and stop reading this thread entirely.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

shovelbum posted:

nah

they’re all deeply insecure. and you only read about the terrible plans that work out.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Ages posted:

we can always move five miles down the road and start a second america

https://youtu.be/t0sTNLdNhuE

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

galenanorth posted:

If the mortality rate is 1%, and 100% of Americans catch it, then that means 3 million deaths in the U.S.. For every million deaths, if we look at surveys for "how much should we spend to save a life" by looking at things like highway speed limits, it usually comes out to $10 million, and we very often fail to meet even that standard for things like air pollution. That comes out to $10 trillion per million deaths. That's almost half of the entire U.S. GDP per million deaths prevented. They can attack the strawman that this is about locking down as long as it "saves one life" as much as they want, but it's never been the case, because the potential loss of life at stake is so momentous. They could be focusing their energy on attacking Congress for not doing something like instituting a UBI and putting a national moratorium on evictions, but they can't resist an opportunity to punch down instead of up.

Didn't wharton say a life is worth 70k not 10m

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bar Ran Dun posted:

nah

they’re all deeply insecure. and you only read about the terrible plans that work out.

Yeah this is true can I publicly search bankruptcy and petty crimes records by party

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It won't even get to slaughter, the executive branch will be full of Trump loyalists who will say, "he's not leaving," and then nothing happens. Everyone shrugs and carries on.

This is not an abstract politics thing. The white house becomes a castle. Trump made himself a Traitor. And that is where I am asking the question, how much of the military are Trump supporters? Because then anti-trumpers break off and go on a mission to infiltrate and kill the traitor (Maybe for values or to gain their own power).

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe you will.

And this is where the public comes into play. Trump supporters parade the streets with their red hat supporting the traitor in every major city. It's open season. A normal rear end hand gun cost 300 dollars.

Also it is possible to choke off supplies to certain geographic areas.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

nah

So you're saying that I just need to come up with a really, really terrible plan and I'll make bank?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I liked that video where Shapiro went on a BBC talk show and got summarily executed because he's not used to 'debating' without being in control of the venue.

he hilariously melts down when his debate club "speak really fast and drop a half dozen weak talking points before anyone can respond" schtick isn't explicitly supported by the venue and he's challenged to actually defend any of them

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nothus posted:

I can't wait to see the goalpost moving, gaslighting, and delusion that happens when the lockdowns end and workers are thrown to the virus, yet the economy continues to circle the drain.

They'll blame the lockdown having ever occurred, democrats, immigrants, etc...

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

I liked that video where Shapiro went on a BBC talk show and got summarily executed because he's not used to 'debating' without being in control of the venue.

this was the first and only time i ever heard him speak and his voice made me laugh really hard

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I talked to some family in Oklahoma

they’re not dumb people

but there is clearly such a lack of education and information about masks

the difference between a cloth mask, a surgical mask, and an n95 mask took forever to explain. eventually had to have them send pictures of things to tell them what was what

they have tons of n95 masks (lots of construction people), but didn’t understand they were better than ...whatever else. there’s just been a ton of news about homemade masks so they though that’s what they should use

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

So you're saying that I just need to come up with a really, really terrible plan and I'll make bank?

Nah, you'll need a terrible plan that just so happens to work. A lot of chud success stories interrupt the narrative right after a payoff, and not when they're sued by their sick workers for the money they now have via a GoFundMe.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
A flowbee with a fpr 9 air filter i buy at home depot strapped to it with a bungee cord. Boom!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I think mentalities like they contribute to some of the disbelieve about supply shortages.

‘a mask??? well you can make one!! I have tons!!’

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Nah, you'll need a terrible plan that just so happens to work. A lot of chud success stories interrupt the narrative right after a payoff, and not when they're sued by their sick workers for the money they now have via a GoFundMe.

poo poo, back to the drawing board

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Mummy Xzibit posted:

They're starting to bring additional testing capacity online and testing all staff and residents in nursing homes in some of the biggest municipalities.

yep prepare to see jumps as testing comes online. abbott, roche, others are scaling up with very specific tests that filter out cross reactive junk and are very sensitive

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

brugroffil posted:

shut the gently caress up about succccccccccccc you idiots

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

ko ro nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MfYvJtHRE

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I am not ready for the death count denialism to kick into hyperspeed when we hit 100k deaths.

I prefer the holy now; now is when the death count is generally regarded as true; now is fleeting.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

good lord

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's not accelerationism if he was actually the best candidate. His 'real' competition was Cruz and kinda sorta Kasich. President Trump is better than President Cruz, and Kasich was low-key absolutely insane and would've started WW3 within the first 6 weeks of his presidency by moving NATO bases within spitting distance of Russia.

Even the also-rans were worse than Trump. Ben Carson was bonkers and doped up, Jeb! was a corrupt idiot who loved turtles, Christie was just a less funny and more corrupt Trump.

Lol Jeb would have been a right-wing attempt at a technocrat and it would not have pissed people off nearly as much as Trump, indeed were it not for Trump's blatant unmasking of the political establishment we would never have uhhhhhh watched Bernie lose another primaryFUCK

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this may be the single best ever cartoon edit

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

smarxist posted:

get ready to read the phrase "largest one day jump" dozens of times over the next couple weeks

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I wish it were as sophisticated as a cult of individualist values, it's literally just screaming "gently caress you I can do what I want you aren't my dad"

Yeah individualism is just a romanisation for the worst most selfish unredeemable pig fucks this planet ever bared

I hope USA gets glassed

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Sounds like my mustard greens.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

looking forward to chuds weekend at berniesing their grandparents around to unskew the death count

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mmmmmmmm yes

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1258140005253500928

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahaha holy mother of god

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1258139726097367040

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Let me turn to the page on testing.

Let me turn to the page on Fauci.

Let me turn to the page on Elderly

Let me turn to the page on schools

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

galenanorth posted:

The implicit notion at play here, and across the entire response narrative as well as that of the policy framework put in play by the Trump GOP, is that human life is absolutely worthless unless it can be leveraged to enact violence for the purposes of serving the oligarchy. Sorry.

Fasdar has issued a correction as of 22:11 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

She is right. :hmmyes: