Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zeriel posted:

Just bought 15 pounds of rice and beans each. I'll either suffocate from the roni or my own farts.

From where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

His name was Einstein and everyone stood and applauded

we gotta vote them out!

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Walmart. Looks like they're both still in stock online.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

shovelbum posted:

So why don't chuds and the rich actually loving get this disease

Turns out not being forced to work in slave like conditions really helps with the whole not being trapped around people who are forced to be around you while sick so they don't end up homeless is a big factor in avoiding the first wave. It's the true working class that are forced to go out in to places where they're likely to infected. Everyone else is somewhat sheltered.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll bet this is the same sort of lunatic who was freaking out about death panels

Ran a search on her account, these are the 3 hits for 'death panel':

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

shatters the "break in case of emergency" glass. pulls out a red brick with "high RWA" written in sharpie on the face. proceeds to smash head in until i love trump.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Description of a chud covid movie Plandemic

Garrand posted:

Humanity is imprisoned by a killer pandemic. People are being arrested for surfing in the ocean and meditating in nature. Nations are collapsing. Hungry citizens are rioting for food. The media has generated so much confusion and fear that people are begging for salvation in a syringe. Billionaire patent owners are pushing for globally mandated vaccines. Anyone who refuses to be injected with experimental poisons will be prohibited from travel, education and work. No, this is not a synopsis for a new horror movie. This is our current reality.

Let’s back up to address how we got here...

In the early 1900s, America’s first Billionaire, John D. Rockefeller bought a German pharmaceutical company that would later assist Hitler to implement his eugenics-based vision by manufacturing chemicals and poisons for war. Rockefeller wanted to eliminate the competitors of Western medicine, so he submitted a report to Congress declaring that there were too many doctors and medical schools in America, and that all natural healing modalities were unscientific quackery. Rockefeller called for the standardization of medical education, whereby only his organization be allowed to grant medical school licenses in the US. And so began the practice of immune suppressive, synthetic and toxic drugs. Once people had become dependent on this new system and the addictive drugs it provided, the system switched to a paid program, creating lifelong customers for the Rockefellers. Currently, medical error is the third leading cause of death in the US. Rockefeller’s secret weapon to success was the strategy known as, “problem-reaction-solution.” Create a problem, escalate fear, then offer a pre-planned solution. Sound familiar?

Flash forward to 2020...

They named it COVID19. Our leaders of world health predicted millions would die. The National Guard was deployed. Makeshift hospitals were erected to care for a massive overflow of patients. Mass graves were dug. Terrifying news reports had people everywhere seeking shelter to avoid contact. The plan was unfolding with diabolical precision, but the masters of the Pandemic underestimated one thing... the people. Medical professionals and every-day citizens are sharing critical information online. The overlords of big tech have ordered all dissenting voices to be silenced and banned, but they are too late. The slumbering masses are awake and aware that something is not right. Quarantine has provided the missing element: time. Suddenly, our overworked citizenry has ample time to research and investigate for themselves. Once you see, you can’t unsee.

The window of opportunity is open like never before. For the first time in human history, we have the world’s attention. Plandemic will expose the scientific and political elite who run the scam that is our global health system, while laying out a new plan; a plan that allows all of humanity to reconnect with healing forces of nature. 2020 is the code for perfect vision. It is also the year that will go down in history as the moment we finally opened our eyes.

lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't normally eat meat but have a little since this lockdown crap for some reason and I got a ridiculous good price for meat from Omaha steaks so figured, why not, they were delivered today. So ends my meat buying

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1258041139497664512?s=19

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/SonHuge/status/1258150447954759682

Can we pause for a moment and take in the turbo nerd equivalent of jr's elaborate gun?

Read another gun

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mike pompeo has a haunted toilet for a brain

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if youve got a cash and carry or smart foodservice near you theyre mostly back in stock on bulk except yeast and red lentils

also try and find a chinese restaurant supply (not grocery) thats open to the public near you- most of them are independent and you can get the absolute best prices on tons of stuff

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheNTNews/status/1257966531981369344

:rip::australia:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

After seeing how great the AeroGarden I bought was at growing a bunch of stuff that wouldn't normally grow in my local climate, I got a second one delivered today and am waiting on some cannabis seeds arriving.

I've high hopes of having my own little crop starting to sprout early to mid-June.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ran a search on her account, these are the 3 hits for 'death panel':

who the gently caress is this tonta and why am I seeing her tweets

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BMX Ninja posted:

After seeing how great the AeroGarden I bought was at growing a bunch of stuff that wouldn't normally grow in my local climate, I got a second one delivered today and am waiting on some cannabis seeds arriving.

I've high hopes of having my own little crop starting to sprout early to mid-June.

:dadjoke:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im not going to grow my four legal plants this year i dont want to gently caress with it

last year was so wet i lost 90% to mold it broke my spirit

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

BMX Ninja posted:

....link

Edit.

Neat
https://uponics.com/aerogarden-marijuana-growing/

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 00:43 on May 7, 2020

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

this pandemic is turning more of the world's population into Huge loving Assholes than the election of donald trump

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't normally eat meat but have a little since this lockdown crap for some reason and I got a ridiculous good price for meat from Omaha steaks so figured, why not, they were delivered today. So ends my meat buying

how'd you get a 'good price'

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what is a 'good price'

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

:a2m:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

snoo posted:

Ya no kidding. I just checked them out and its 50 fukin bucks for a pot roast with potatoes.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

COVID-420 posted:

this pandemic is turning more of the world's population into Huge loving Assholes than the election of donald trump

I think it's just giving the same people a fresh excuse to be the same assholes they've been the whole time but in an even more assholish and directly offensive way.

If they could have literally killed random strangers by voting for donald trump then they'd have gone out of their way to do whatever caused it to happen

e: like, I mean BESIDES voting for donald trump, which does in fact cause the death of random strangers. i mean, like, faster i guess

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

That was completely unintended, you cheeky but somewhat hot dad.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

buying trump steaks in these rough times

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if I pay 50 pounds for a roast it better be about 8 pounds of meat, fully cooked and ready to serve and also at an actual restaurant.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

if I pay 50 pounds for a roast it better be about 8 pounds of meat, fully cooked and ready to serve and also at an actual restaurant.

I got a 7 pound ham for like $5 after easter
it was rad

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Skypie posted:

Many of us are advocating that high risk people - mainly the elderly and those with serious health problems, who account for almost all coronavirus deaths - should continue to take very strong precautions, but that businesses should be allowed to reopen and people should have the right to resume their jobs.

One of the main points of the shut downs was to prevent a situation such as in Italy, in which the hospitals couldn’t accommodate the number of people with the disease.

By now, all reasonable projections are that we are not in danger of that happening. But during these last two months, while it’s possible that the shut downs have saved some lives, it’s also possible that they could end up killing others. We’ve had many people not get cancer screenings, many children not getting vaccines, dental offices being completely shut down in some states, more people not getting enough food, and increases in depression and suicide.

There is no such thing as absolute surety of health and safety. What we must do is weigh the pros and cons and make sensible decisions from there.

When two sides are taking absolutist positions, most of the time the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and that’s the case here. We’re not out of the woods yet, but it does appear that the worst is behind us, and it’s time to attend to the important things that people have been prohibited or strongly discouraged from doing for the last two months.

This sounds reasonable until you remember that one of the two sides is comprised of useless loving morons dumb enough to make Donald loving Trump president of the united states.

Alot of people are going to die and thankfully a LOT of them will be chuds.

gently caress yes. Bring me chud death.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Der Meister posted:

who the gently caress is this tonta and why am I seeing her tweets

:shrug: People are insisting on making this thread into a chat thread instead of about COVID-19 so I guess go with it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tate reeves is trying to kill us but the mayor of my town, who I actually voted for over the incumbent democrat, who was incredibly corrupt, is actually trying to do things right.

https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com...UxD5LarF1_bjPLE

quote:

A day before Gov. Tate Reeves' order allowing restaurants to reopen their dining rooms with certain limitations, Hattiesburg's eateries will remain closed to diners, Mayor Toby Barker said.

"I want restaurants open," he said in a news release. "The owners and establishments they have built are more than eateries. They are economic drivers. They are institutions in our community, and many of them have taken massive losses to investments and livelihoods since this pandemic began.

"That isn’t lost on me, and quite frankly – it keeps me up at night. However, I can’t ignore the surge we are seeing in our own community.

The Hattiesburg American is providing this story for free to ensure all readers have access to important information. Please support our journalism by subscribing today.

Barker said the area's numbers are showing the city is not ready to throw its doors wide open.

Forrest County's five-date average of new positive coronavirus cases is at an all-time high, despite an earlier belief it had peaked in mid-April.
This week, the Hattiesburg area has more COVID-19 patients than ever before.
In addition, Barker said, eight of Forrest County's 18 reported deaths from the coronavirus have occurred in the last eight days.

"For these reasons, we will delay the opening of dining rooms and outdoor eating spaces in restaurants," he said.
Hattiesburg Mayor Toby Barker reported the city's hospitals have more COVID-19 patients in ICU than ever before and eight of the 18 COVID-related deaths in Forrest County happened in the last eight days.

Hattiesburg Mayor Toby Barker reported the city's hospitals have more COVID-19 patients in ICU than ever before and eight of the 18 COVID-related deaths in Forrest County happened in the last eight days. (Photo: Courtesy of city of Hattiesburg)

Reeves’ most recent order will allow restaurants to open dining areas at 50% capacity beginning Thursday. Servers and other restaurant employees who come in contact with the public are required to wear masks.

In addition, employees must be screened at the beginning of their shifts for fevers and asked about potential exposure to people who may have contracted COVID-19.

While the order allows for restaurant reopening, the governor also said municipalities and county governments have the ability to use local data to provide for more stringent regulations if necessary.

I expect tate will put out an order forcing hattiesburg restaurants to open their dining rooms anyway. I had no idea that my county has had 18 deaths. I haven't heard of ANY OF THEM. It hasn't made the news on WDAM before this AT ALL. It hasn't been reported on AT ALL. I am sure it's WAY more than that, too. How would we know? Who would tell us? Our republican-owned, "private" state media outlets? Our state health agency, which is laughably inept and lovely, and probably hasn't counted a single death in nursing homes? There could be 1000 deaths in my county and we wouldn't know about it. lmao

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I got a 7 pound ham for like $5 after easter
it was rad

I traded a mechanic friend of mine a couple tabs of acid for a voucher he had for a free ham up to $40 value at the grocery store after christmas, it owned. If ucking love ham

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/MilitaryTimes/status/1258120739619831810?s=19

Banning covid survivors from military service

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just... a... cold?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

shovelbum posted:

So why don't chuds and the rich actually loving get this disease

Trixie Hardcore posted:

We're gonna find out that racism in your heart blocks the roni from replicating in your lungs.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I hear you guys like beans? Just a month ago this mighty pinto pod was all dried up in my pantry.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Yes, yes!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

TehSaurus posted:

I hear you guys like beans? Just a month ago this mighty pinto pod was all dried up in my pantry.

Hey did you pay for this? These beans are copyrighted
I'm calling monsanto

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Here in the UK, BoJo is prepping to announce a limited re-opening of some businesses next week.

The local governments in Scotland and NI are just :chloe: at this proposition, and likely to break from England/Wales. NI has been around R0.7 for a few weeks now and Scotland is something similar, while England/Wales are still R1+.

Scotland/NI were already hugely divided from the rest of the UK regarding Brexit. But this has really emphasized that we're not a United Kingdom. Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has been widely praised for her no-nonsense daily updates. NI has been more of a mixed bag, with the pro-UK DUP party leader tending to tow the Westminster line. Her Sinn Fein deputy has been more in favour of an all-island approach that would see Northern Ireland take steps more in line with Ireland, which responded to the pandemic far better than the UK. Right now there's a lot of Unionist people in NI looking at how Ireland handled it and beginning to question whether they're actually on the winning side.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1258147287018156036?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh0xYqjdhRk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Finally America is demilitarizing.