Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

hey nbc news, check this out, i got an incredible scoop for you: most people hospitalized for covid 19 have a home that they spend a lot of time in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
i largely didn't have mass orgies and still got covid, how could this happen

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

We've seen both but in ways that are easily identifiable, and the long term infection risk seems to be kind of not as much a thing as we thought, but a permanent ban means there's something about this that NO ONE is talking about lmao

they banned gay people from the military up to 10 years ago dude

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

“Life is uncertain – Death is certain” - The Buddha

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The military can't even fill it's quota without Covid lolololol. Half of America is obese.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

over 2,500 dead today lmbo

What the hell, is this the record for Wednesdays? Did new York have a backlog ?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

over 2,500 dead today lmbo

Ouch

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1258185855371444232?s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mastershakeman posted:

What the hell, is this the record for Wednesdays? Did new York have a backlog ?

I think it's because we are failing to contain this pandemic, actually

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zotix posted:

The military can't even fill it's quota without Covid lolololol. Half of America is obese.

I'm sure they'd be happy to make exceptions so long as you can program/fly drones

What does infantry even do anymore? Crowd control? Policing?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I passed by a pile of free stuff on someone's lawn yesterday. Nothing I needed but there was a lot of dry pinto beans, like maybe 20 lbs worth. I'm already stocked up and I think someone else who needs it more should have it but I'm not gonna lie, I am still thinkin bout thos beans.

I did however buy 8 lbs of short dated bacon for $1.94 total. I had to make room in my freezer so I moved my collection of saved frozen broccoli stalks to thaw in the refrigerator to make soup out of later. Livin that roni life to the max.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Wow NY in with an extra 500 deaths at the finish line today to get the number up to 752 there.

We are ready to OPEN IT UP

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

the boston bomber posted:

hey nbc news, check this out, i got an incredible scoop for you: most people hospitalized for covid 19 have a home that they spend a lot of time in

bunch of outlets running the same story

https://twitter.com/karol/status/1258126379230662660?s=20

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1258069570025328640?s=20

here is a clip of the cuomo quote to which the article was referring:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1258079673206136839?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/carolinetwyman/status/1257844809097719813?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zotix posted:

American kids are so fuckin wrecked that when they join the military and have to do physical stuff their hips frequently break lol

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19090388

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smart gentrification right there, real low key

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

My grandfather grew pole beans in his garden from seeds originally brought over from Italy, and I'm fairly certain my mom still has some seeds from before he passed.

Need to get those beans.

dude get them beans

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
open er up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
only 0.7 9/11s today. disappointing

https://public.tableau.com/views/RealGoodCovidTracker/CovidDashboard?:display_count=y&publish=yes&:origin=viz_share_link

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dudes rock.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

seeds originally brought over from Italy

eyyyyyy tony da fuckin legumes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Homeless Friend posted:

Smart gentrification right there, real low key

Looks like one of Trump's sycophants realized that the military isn't as white as they need it to be

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh hey, we hit double Korean War awhile back

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

out of date, we made it to 0.85

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1258063687233003520

If the mortality rate is 1%, and 100% of Americans catch it, then that means 3 million deaths in the U.S.. For every million deaths, if we look at surveys for "how much should we spend to save a life" by looking at things like highway speed limits, it usually comes out to $10 million, and we very often fail to meet even that standard for things like air pollution. That comes out to $10 trillion per million deaths. That's almost half of the entire U.S. GDP per million deaths prevented. They can attack the strawman that this is about locking down as long as it "saves one life" as much as they want, but it's never been the case, because the potential loss of life at stake is so momentous. They could be focusing their energy on attacking Congress for not doing something like instituting a UBI and putting a national moratorium on evictions, but they can't resist an opportunity to punch down instead of up.

https://twitter.com/jp_1u/status/1258180390499553283?s=21

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Ugh, Cuomo is such a worthless goddamned idiot.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I'd assume that these headlines were gross incompetence but it's probably actual malice to frame it like lockdown don't matter.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

out of date, we made it to 0.85

I wish covidtracking.com updated past 430pm
est, but I can't find another data source that is as clean :suicide:

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey did you pay for this? These beans are copyrighted
I'm calling monsanto

Snitches will be first against the wall!!

Dustcat posted:

nice bean. commendable

Thank you comrade. Beans for the bean throne!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Thoguh posted:

I'd assume that these headlines were gross incompetence but it's probably actual malice to frame it like lockdown don't matter.

bingo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if youve got a cash and carry or smart foodservice near you theyre mostly back in stock on bulk except yeast and red lentils

also try and find a chinese restaurant supply (not grocery) thats open to the public near you- most of them are independent and you can get the absolute best prices on tons of stuff

There was a really nice grocer nearby but I question their current corona technique due to their mega packed parking lot. I'd rather buy online than go into a store tbqh, I have an isolation system when I grab the non-perishable goods. And I really love that place :(

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Thoguh posted:

Its definitely the latter, the donor class is sick of this poo poo and want to force the serfs back into the office no matter how many of them drown in the own fluids in the halls

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Thoguh posted:

this is manufacturing consent in real time, but i'm not sure its going to work because its already infected and killed so many people that nearly everyone now knows someone who has gotten it.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-cuomo-coronavirus-stats-20200506-eyqui4b5lfdn7g6cqswkf6otly-story.html

66% of new hospitalizations in NY are people who stayed home

Who knows what “stayed at home” actually means. Maybe they got it at the grocery?

Isn't this like completely expected, though?

New York is locked down so most people who get sick now are going to be people who "stayed home." They still had to be exposed to it somewhere because it's not like it's hunting you through walls or whatever the gently caress.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
When this is all over and the US economy is in shambles as the rest of the world recovers (because they were willing to take some straightforward public health measures), we'll always be able to hold onto the memory of those few sweet weeks when the Ghana pallbearer meme started taking off, but hadn't gotten overplayed.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

New York is locked down so most people who get sick now are going to be people who "stayed home." They still had to be exposed to it somewhere because it's not like it's hunting you through walls or whatever the gently caress.
Yeah, this. The danger is concluding that having people staying home isn't working because if there wasn't a lockdown there would be a ton more sick people.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Paradoxish posted:

manhattan's chinatown is mostly infection free because the inhabitants are observing a wuhan style lockdown voluntarily, for most non-asian people they are still going outside to get groceries with no mask or other poo poo that puts them at risk

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

No, it's literally just people who didn't leave thier home and either end up living in a group setting or becoming homeless. Your response is exactly what the headline is trying to force on people by being entirely misleading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Paradoxish posted:

right, because we never followed up with contact tracing + isolation. should have been boarding the sick in trump towers and kept it out of the rest of the family