Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
They seem, unsurprisingly, very confused. (Sorry, turned into a :razz: tldr F.U. home-owning abusive breeder)

quote:

remember what it's costing OTHER people for you to sit in your house watching TV, swallowing the panic narrative, and hoarding toilet paper. 
I'm stuck in my house, which has been invaded without any legal agreement from my employer. My panic is that my mental health and work life balance are shot. My health is deteriorating rapidly, the lack of mental distance between my job and my life has netted me dozens of hours of lost sleep and a general loss of motivation. Work is "right there", so I only want to hide in my bed. Let me not even detail ergonomics, heating and cooling, water consumption, lack of janitorial services.

I can't go outside because I'm a member of a civilized society and an following the advice of multiple agencies. The health agencies that I have paid for with my tax dollars are experts in their field, even being referenced by the CDC in some of their reports. Meanwhile, I am actively engaged in monitoring the numbers to stay informed. Our county is growing cases at a fixed rate, so people are running around spreading. How many times does your child not listen to instructions repeatedly before you're comfortable giving them a gun?

We're doing so much hiring to fill the needs of consumers that I'm going to get fired for lack of productivity. My project work is behind 30% (or more). My team never sees me, I can't give them positive feedback and engage with them despite this being an area I was to focus on in 2020. How many more people should be getting fired because you can't adhere to suggestions that are good for your neighbors? How many jobs do you want to see replaced by minimum wage jobs during this event? Every time you walk out that door you kill someone, impact someone; how many neighbors and family are you sacrificing?

Let's ask a few important questions:

How many loving times do you need to be in the grocery store each week? Seriously what are you doing outside?

How many loving cups of grand sugarbomb double whip buttertroll mochas do you have to drink each day?

How many miles each week do you have to drive? Why do I hear so many cars on the road?

ps You're part of a family in a house. You have social support. I'm single in an apartment. They're talking about recommending "close groups of ten" going forward. Uh, single people go places; that's how they know their friends. Not for the next six months I guess. Once again marriage rights trump all, even getting laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

wake up sheeple posted:

WAKE UP, America!
Let’s wake up together..
refuse to be controlled by fear 💛✌🏻✊🏻🇺🇸

“During the Holocaust, they convinced people to put their families on trains (for their own good/safety) so they could be taken to a "safe place". We all know the result of that. Have you ever heard of history repeating itself?

I watched in horror as the police in China hauled a woman by both arms and both legs, shoved her in a van, and took her to a "camp" for COVID victims. We'll never know what happened to those people. And with what's taking place right here in our own country, don't think for one second that it couldn't happen here.

We the people have proven just how quickly the government can take over all aspects of our lives. We complied based on fear tactics..........some of which are very untrue, and magnified/sensationalized to get you on that "train". Please read. It's for the good of our country.

Mark Levin is a very smart lawyer who worked in government during the Reagan administration. He knows his law.

- MARK LEVIN: "To be clear. President Trump hasn't shut a single business. The Governors did."

"We are seeing the most draconian measures ENFORCED at some STATE & LOCAL LEVELS of government that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, and yet, rather than being alarmed by the things going on, so many of you applaud.

President Trump's guidelines are VOLUNTARY & TEMPORARY but some Democrat states & cities are taking it one step further, extending the lockdown and CRIMINALIZING behavior. Bill Gates wants to keep America locked down for 10 months! THAT'S WHAT LIVING UNDER A COMMUNIST REGIME LOOKS LIKE, AND YOU APPLAUD.

People are being arrested in some states for spending too much time outside, and you applaud.

Pastors are being arrested in some states for daring to hold church services, and you applaud.

A child's birthday party is raided by police, and you applaud.

A young woman is ticketed for going on a leisurely drive alone because it's deemed "non-essential travel", and you applaud.

A father is handcuffed & arrested in an empty park for playing softball with his 6-year-old daughter & refusing to turn over his ID, and you applaud.

A lone paddleboarder in the ocean on a beach without any other people around is arrested because he's violating quarantine orders, and you applaud.

Businesses are being forcibly closed and padlocked and owners arrested for refusing to shut down, and you applaud.

Dairy farmers are being incentivized to stop dairy farming and to sell their herds, and you don't seem to understand the implications.
You're being told to use hotlines and online forms provided by your local governments to report your neighbors who don't obey, and you comply.

You scold people day after day for not obeying government edicts, and if any of us dare to question what's happening, you lecture about how we're a danger to society and we just don't care about people dying.
You've somehow managed to convince yourselves that the people whose lives are affected by a virus are MUCH more important than the people whose lives are being destroyed (and in many cases, leading to death) by the effects of a worldwide economic shutdown and impending worldwide depression the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

At what point will you start QUESTIONING what's going on?

At what point will you ask how the virus got here from China?

At what point will you question why the fake news keeps defending the Communists?

How far do you have to be pushed before you're jolted awake from your slumber? How far are you willing to go with this?

If they told you to load your families onto train cars so that you could be taken to Virus Protection Facilities for your own safety, would you do it?

YES. Yes, you would.

That much has become painfully obvious to me. And the whole time, you'd be shaking your finger and yelling at those of us who refused, accusing us of being "a danger to society" and "not caring if people die."But they don't have to load you onto train cars and take you to Virus Protection Facilities, or force you to comply, because you do that voluntarily.

The fake news controls your mind. They control you through fear. They control you by convincing you that the world is a scary dangerous place, but they're here to protect you, care for you, and keep you safe, just as long as you OBEY.

They know that as long as you're locked inside your comfortable home with Netflix, Hulu, CNN, NBC, ABC, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a cell phone, you'll comply. No force is necessary for the majority of the herd.
Bill Gates even wants to mandate antibody tests. ONLY those who are immune from VIRUSES will be allowed to leave their homes & work. YOU ARE IMPRISONED, willingly, and you're too blind to see it."

I will not be blinded!

I will not be controlled by the government!

Amendment 1
- Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

"just asking questions posted:

These are the important questions folks need to be asking themselves:

1. Why can you go to Walmart but not Kohl's?

2. Why the Dollar store and not a mom-and-pop shop?

3. Why can't you have an elective surgery, but you can have an abortion which is elective?

4. Why should you stay inside but yet heat and sunlight kill the virus?

5. Why can't kids (who are not at risk) play on an outdoor playground, where sun kills this virus?

6. Why don't people know that these are "recommendations" not laws because they have not gone through due process?

7. Why is it okay for government officials to get a haircut, but not common citizens?

8. Why the fear, when this virus has a less than 1% death rate?

Why have coroners questioned death certificates listed as CV-19?

9. Why are areas like Chicago and NY gearing up for mass va*cc*ination?

10. What makes one person essential and another not?

11. Doesn't shelter at home; mean there is a whole population of people, not staying home so we can?

12. Why are they dividing us?

13. How do people not know that we are a Republic, not a democracy?

14. Where has the flu gone?

15. Why do the honeless consistently demonstrate the lowest infection rates?

16. Why are they telling us to mask up after 2 months of lockdown?

17. Why is the CDC saying kids need to be masked when they return to school or attend church, when they know cloth masks restrict oxygen?

18. What is this oppression and loss of liberty doing to the mental health of our kids...to us?

19. Why have most other death rates dropped since the virus?

20. Why did world leaders meet in China in October 2019?

21. Why are the common people being controlled by the government and no one is controlling the government?

22. Why are hospitals paid more for Covid 19 deaths?

23. Why are some doctors speaking out and then getting silenced?

24. Why did Obama give the Wuhan lab $334 million dollars?

25. What does a computer geek have to do with a pandemic and why does he want 7 billion corona virus v*ccines?

26. Why ID 2020, Agenda 21 and 2030?

27. Why did the CDC have a job posting for pandemic relief workers in November 2019?

28. Why did Dr. Fauci say in 2017 that the Trump administration would be faced with a " SUPRISE PANDEMIC " and then runs the pandemic team?

29. Why are they infringing on Christians religious freedoms?

30. Why can 500 people shop at Menards or Home Depot, but we are not allowed to go into a church building?

I don't care if your Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or vote for unicorns, if you're not asking these questions you should be.

Share or copy and paste if you agree.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
I've been seeing people on facebook post links to a short documentary called PlanDemic
https://vimeo.com/414289492

Does anybody know anything about this? I distrust any video that's spread around claiming to expose A Horrible Truth so I haven't watched more than five minutes of it, is it more conspiracy theory bullshit?

I trust goons more than I do a Google search

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It has blown up on my feed too. It apparently started getting spammed on reddit too.

I just respond by calling it a propaganda film and posting this thread which calls out the bullshit.

One person who shared it got upset that I called it a propaganda film and that I disregarded its opinion when we should hear all the sides of the information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CovIdiots/comments/geobvr/plandemic_movie/

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It has blown up on my feed too. It apparently started getting spammed on reddit too.

I just respond by calling it a propaganda film and posting this thread which calls out the bullshit.

One person who shared it got upset that I called it a propaganda film and that I disregarded its opinion when we should hear all the sides of the information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CovIdiots/comments/geobvr/plandemic_movie/

I saw some dumb gently caress post that on my Facebook feed and just reported it as fake news.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrNutt posted:

I saw some dumb gently caress post that on my Facebook feed and just reported it as fake news.

Yeah sadly my family is all over that video. "YouTube has taken it down 3 times so you KNOW it's the truth!"

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Medullah posted:

Yeah sadly my family is all over that video. "YouTube has taken it down 3 times so you KNOW it's the truth!"

Exactly! It is Facebook censoring the truth because they do not want you to know.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
I saw this absolute gift of a meme on Facebook today.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

right to bear karma posted:

I saw this absolute gift of a meme on Facebook today.

Amazing how quickly they change their tune when they think that they're the ones who will be receiving policing instead of minorities.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jagged Jim posted:

Amazing how quickly they change their tune when they think that they're the ones who will be receiving policing instead of minorities.

"I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!"

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
I was generally aware of that, but I've been surprised at how quick that turnaround has been for some people. Maybe because most of the chuds I know are old and/or diabetic and therefore vulnerable, so they're still on board with seeing the cops come down on people for not quarantining.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Eh! Frank posted:

I've been seeing people on facebook post links to a short documentary called PlanDemic
https://vimeo.com/414289492

Does anybody know anything about this? I distrust any video that's spread around claiming to expose A Horrible Truth so I haven't watched more than five minutes of it, is it more conspiracy theory bullshit?

I trust goons more than I do a Google search

Only thing I saw is that the Judy Musko-something was a researcher who was utterly discredited after publishing a paper on a novel virus causing Chronic Fatigue and was called out on false data, the results of which were not reproducible by any other lab, including her own lab, and was basically ran out of town on the rails.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
There's already a Loose Change for the virus that will be floating around forever? Very cool. Very good.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
My aunt shared this:

quote:

Short poem you won't forget

Do you recall President Obama referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road?"
Recently, I heard an ex-Navy SEAL being interviewed on Fox News regarding a book he has written about how to handle crisis situations in our lives.
At the end of the interview he asked if he could make a comment on Benghazi and, of course, the anchor said "yes." He then thanked Fox News for keeping the Benghazi story in the news, since other news organizations are not.
He said the SEALs who died deserve the public knowing the truth about the whole affair.

The poem was written by an anonymous Marine Corps officer:

"THE BATTLING BOYS OF BENGHAZI"
We're the battling boys of Benghazi, No fame, no glory, no paparazzi.
Just a fiery death in a blazing hell, defending our country we loved so well.
It wasn't our job, but we answered the call, Fought to the Consulate and scaled the wall.
We pulled twenty countrymen from the jaws of fate, led them to safety and stood at the gate.
Just the two of us and foes by the score, but we stood fast to bar the door.
Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied, so we fought and we fought and we fought 'til we died.
We gave our all for our Uncle Sam, but Barack and Hillary didn't give a drat.
Just two dead SEALs who carried the load, No thanks to us...we were just "Bumps in the Road".

So, will this reach every American with a computer?

Or do we act like the press and give a pass to the people who literally sat there in the White House and watched the SEALs' execution on live streaming video and did absolutely nothing?

"What difference does it make?"

And she wanted to be the next President!

1. This is babbling and practically incoherent
2. Why do you give a poo poo about Benghazi and Hillary Clinton wanting to be president in 2020 oh my god get over it
3. This "Fox News interview" didn't happen, dipshit
4. This poem loving sucks.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 7, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I started trying to read that as a poem after the "a poem you won't forget" part and was extremely confused by the meter.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

V-Men posted:

Only thing I saw is that the Judy Musko-something was a researcher who was utterly discredited after publishing a paper on a novel virus causing Chronic Fatigue and was called out on false data, the results of which were not reproducible by any other lab, including her own lab, and was basically ran out of town on the rails.

She was apparently fired for stealing from her lab, not because her research was lovely (it was also lovely and she probably knew she was being let go and decided to cash out)

Anyway I've seen a lot of pushback very fast on this, so hopefully it gets shut down hard

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

They seem, unsurprisingly, very confused. (Sorry, turned into a :razz: tldr F.U. home-owning abusive breeder)

I'm stuck in my house, which has been invaded without any legal agreement from my employer. My panic is that my mental health and work life balance are shot. My health is deteriorating rapidly, the lack of mental distance between my job and my life has netted me dozens of hours of lost sleep and a general loss of motivation. Work is "right there", so I only want to hide in my bed. Let me not even detail ergonomics, heating and cooling, water consumption, lack of janitorial services.

I can't go outside because I'm a member of a civilized society and an following the advice of multiple agencies. The health agencies that I have paid for with my tax dollars are experts in their field, even being referenced by the CDC in some of their reports. Meanwhile, I am actively engaged in monitoring the numbers to stay informed. Our county is growing cases at a fixed rate, so people are running around spreading. How many times does your child not listen to instructions repeatedly before you're comfortable giving them a gun?

We're doing so much hiring to fill the needs of consumers that I'm going to get fired for lack of productivity. My project work is behind 30% (or more). My team never sees me, I can't give them positive feedback and engage with them despite this being an area I was to focus on in 2020. How many more people should be getting fired because you can't adhere to suggestions that are good for your neighbors? How many jobs do you want to see replaced by minimum wage jobs during this event? Every time you walk out that door you kill someone, impact someone; how many neighbors and family are you sacrificing?

Let's ask a few important questions:

How many loving times do you need to be in the grocery store each week? Seriously what are you doing outside?

How many loving cups of grand sugarbomb double whip buttertroll mochas do you have to drink each day?

How many miles each week do you have to drive? Why do I hear so many cars on the road?

ps You're part of a family in a house. You have social support. I'm single in an apartment. They're talking about recommending "close groups of ten" going forward. Uh, single people go places; that's how they know their friends. Not for the next six months I guess. Once again marriage rights trump all, even getting laid.

source your quotes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Brawnfire posted:

I started trying to read that as a poem after the "a poem you won't forget" part and was extremely confused by the meter.

People who make their poems rhyme are enemies of freedom

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

The poem was written by an anonymous Marine Corps officer:

This must have been written by that same MARINE CORPS OFFICER SEAL TEAM SIX ARMY GREEN BERET VETERAN AR-15 TOTIN' GOD-FEARING PATRIOT REAL AMERICAN that punched that liberal atheist college professor that one time. Bless his heart.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I mean it's good theyre anonymous because man that poem sucks rear end.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I really have to know how loving stupid you must be to not see the difference between keeping open stores that sell groceries/essentials and allowing people to do completely non-essential things like getting your hair or makeup done by someone else.

Like I've seen some lovely conservative arguments in my life but my god they just keep getting more and more stupid. Or at the very least their method of intentionally missing the point is getting more obnoxious.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

tek79 posted:

This must have been written by that same MARINE CORPS OFFICER SEAL TEAM SIX ARMY GREEN BERET VETERAN AR-15 TOTIN' GOD-FEARING PATRIOT REAL AMERICAN that punched that liberal atheist college professor that one time. Bless his heart.

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.
Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.
At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.
The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

TinTower posted:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.
Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.
At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.
The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

This is my favorite one of these and I don't even think it was originally ours :allears:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

CuddleCryptid posted:

People who make their poems rhyme are enemies of freedom

You got it backwards. Only hippy frou-frou latte-drinking communists write non-rhyming poems. True patriots write poems that don't scan.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Hot Air Balloon (joke)

quote:

This is a joke that I found funny. After reading some threads as to how the virus is all Trump's fault. (summarizing here) This joke came to mind. Don't know the author name.

A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost. She lowers her

altitude and spots a man fishing from a boat below. She shouts to him,

"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an

hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot

air balloon, about 40 feet above a ground elevation of 2,400 feet

above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude

and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a Republican!"

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is

technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your

information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am, replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where

you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of

hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now

you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same

position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I preserved all the line breaks which were obviously themselves preserved from some creaking email client, because I think the formatting is crucial to the experience.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That'd work much better for technocrats and populists than any team politics.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That's a management joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrskHYRfC0c

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea I feel like I read that joke 20 years ago, just with an Engineer/Manager as the punchline.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ashcans posted:

Yea I feel like I read that joke 20 years ago, just with an Engineer/Manager as the punchline.

Yeah except the engineer is supposed to answer "where am I ?" with "you're in an air balloon", so the joke is it's technically correct information that is also completely useless

They changed it to be not funny, and just masturbatory, instead of the manager and engineer mocking each other's flaws you have a democrat fawning over how smart Republicans are

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Boomer biker lifestylists have got to be the most fragile demographic ever.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that harley's haven't really been competitive globally for roughly the last 20 years and have sold more on name brand recognition than anything else, no, it's totally the millennial snowflakes fault

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

it totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that harley's haven't really been competitive globally for roughly the last 20 years and have sold more on name brand recognition than anything else, no, it's totally the millennial snowflakes fault

Haven't you heard? Everybody born after (insert year that you were already alive here) and everyone who doesn't like what you like is a limp-wristed sissy pansy who never had to get their hands dirty doing real manly work like a real adult.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yeah, not like you see a number of them riding on motorcycles that aren't Harley "we continued to market to obnoxious Boomers for decades" Davidsons

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I wouldn't be surprised if South Park single-handedly killed the appeal of Harleys to millennials.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I think it's just that Millennials aren't yet at the age where obesity and impotence have destroyed enough sense of self worth to the point where they're looking to drop $20K on a lovely motorcycle in some lame attempt to look like a tough guy 'Murican. Give it time. And the ones who do ride bought a Japanese bike, because who wants to ride a flaming piece of poo poo American made Harley?

tek79 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 9, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Great

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

They make really expensive motorcycles and going to a HD gathering is hanging out with your parents and other old people.

Young people can't afford them and don't want to hang out with their parents and their parents' friends.

I mean, poo poo, I have a good job, but between the mortgage, paying for a new furnace, and childcare who has money for a motorcycle I can only ride 4 months a year that would cost more than my car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Viruses and bacteria saturate the inside of the mask too, the ones that would be floating around the grocery store otherwise

Augh