Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm sure the Trump administration will send some nice blankets soon Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sent 2500 nice "blankets" to the Native American Hospital. Where Pocahontas fails, Trump succeeds! We

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What was the name of that sci-fi show the guest mentioned watching instead of “fash” Star Trek in the Greypill episode? I couldn’t make it out as the title was very mumbled.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hope it was Babylon 5, the most anti-fa media franchise of the 90s

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I want to say The Expanse? I wasn't really paying attention

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake%27s_7

i had never heard of it tbqh

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You're all thinking of LEXX

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What was the name of that sci-fi show the guest mentioned watching instead of “fash” Star Trek in the Greypill episode? I couldn’t make it out as the title was very mumbled.

Blake's 7. don't bother, it's British. Watch Lexx.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Blake's 7. It's like if original series star trek was made by British people with a budget of five dollars. Avoid like the plague

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Didn't they say the plot is about people who are wrongly accused of being pedophiles. Extremely suspect premise for a 70s bbc show.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
post ur rare Christmans

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Why are all the best leftists sloppy drunks?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bernie Sanders posted:

A Native American health center asked for medical supplies and got body bags instead.

Is this what America is about?
Well duh

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gripweed posted:

Blake's 7. don't bother, it's British. Watch Lexx.

Lexx loving owns

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Kart Barfunkel posted:

you need to be chill and smooth to come to the conclusion that people are worth protecting :unsmith:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't appreciate Amber calling me a psychopath for not being driven mad by quarantine!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

I don't appreciate Amber calling me a psychopath for not being driven mad by quarantine!

Are you sure that's how you feel or is it just you acting out how you think you should feel

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

net work error posted:

You're only a psychopath if you actually enjoy it which, if not for the impact on people around me, I would be

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

net work error posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1258059630649004033

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Just be severely depressed and your days won't change when quarantine happens, wfm

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

T-man posted:

Just be severely depressed and your days won't change when quarantine happens, wfm

:thumbsup:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I’m apparently the best leftist.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

into year 2 of quarantine, thanks mental health breakdown!

Ron Jeremy posted:

I’m apparently the best leftist.

MLs are drunks, anarchists are stoners. the 2 genders revealed

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm already pretty indoorsy, with depression and anxiety to boot, and my quarantine buddies are my two cats and my wife, who is my best friend, so I could honestly do this forever. Part of this may be due to growing up in a fundamentalist cult and having drastically limited social interaction outside of my house as a kid, though.

I'm finally working through my book pile, catching up on shows, swapping the controller with my wife on a mutual playthrough of FF7 Remake, smoking weed, goofing off with D&D planning, cooking. Gonna grill and hang out in our hammock tomorrow! Quarantine forever!! All you extroverted FOMO having fools must finally learn to sit with yourself for more than ten seconds and face the hollow core of your ego wherein the Shadow dwells, as I have done!! T-man knows cause she also has scumbrain! Wade into the black waters of Choronzon and let its ontological acid melt away the flesh of the self, leaving only the gleaming adamantine bones of your pluripotent astral core!! Learn to bake!!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If I had a quarantine boo or wife or whatever I think it would be a lot easier, but I'm also the introverted type so this hasn't hit me too bad, although I'm going a bit stir crazy because my neighborhood has become so painfully noisy. I want to just sit on the porch and listen to the birds but everyone is playing music as loud as possible at all hours.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Yo, Matt's streams shamed me into reading some literature instead of playing video games for a bit, so I started reading Blood Meridian. The main antagonist appears to be a jacked 7-foot tall hairless albino cowboy named the Judge like a Metal Gear Solid villain. Are books anime?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Yo, Matt's streams shamed me into reading some literature instead of playing video games for a bit, so I started reading Blood Meridian. The main antagonist appears to be a jacked 7-foot tall hairless albino cowboy named the Judge like a Metal Gear Solid villain. Are books anime?

Yes, now that you've made that realization you can join the official snob thread

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It turns out being in a crisis without anything one can do about it directly is more or less the same emotional tone as being on deployment, so shelter in place is roughly analogous for me to deliberately reopening a decade-old scar and then just staring at it while also trying to homeschool two children.

In conclusion don’t sign up to fight other people’s wars, it isn’t remotely worth the price which others have to pay. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I guess I am lucky enough to be quarantined with MAI WAIIFE so it's not as bad. But also I have posting which is the purest form of person to person communication.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

net work error posted:

I guess I am lucky enough to be quarantined with MAI WAIIFE so it's not as bad. But also I have posting which is the purest form of person to person communication.
Same to both

Also three cats

Plus I never like to go out much anyway, autism will do that

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Why read literature? That's time you could spend reading theory. If you're going to read fiction it should be fun. Don't read anything more literary than the Book of the New Sun IMO.

T-man posted:

MLs are drunks, anarchists are stoners. the 2 genders revealed
Well I'm definitely not agender anymore

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the funniest joke here is asad's bio

https://twitter.com/tiny_spice/status/1258017576409534464

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1258420987156000769

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Protagonist is debatable...

Also congrats on being able to understand the incredible amount of blood meridian references in Chapo

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

that entire Article can be summed up:

*in Woody Allen voice*:"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish children"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Race Realists posted:

I dunno man, this guy's spitin straight facts

EDIT:This guy is literally tearing a new rear end in a top hat into Incel culture without even knowing :stare:
"Guys who call women whores online are creepy losers" is not some bold progressive stance, it's like the bare minimum you should expect from someone who isn't a creep himself. You're giving way too much credit to Steve Harvey Jr. here

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Race Realists posted:

that entire Article can be summed up:

*in Woody Allen voice*:"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish children"

I saw someone doing a "fact check" tweet thread of the op-ed and it was how Pipes was being too wishy washy. Saying poo poo like who cares if you anger Palestinians and that the settlements are already part of Israeli so it's not annexation. When I saw Pipes was getting ratio'd I thought I'd see some good owns but it just made me depressed because it was hard right Jews and Israelis saying that kind of poo poo.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1258487504975663104?s=21

Lol Matt is diving into general semantics

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Really drifting into the "read too many books and broke his brain" style of leftism.

Those friends who you know are some sort of anarchist but when you go "too bad about Bernie, huh?" they go "Look, what you gotta understand about Syndicalism is ..."

That never-leave-your-home-or-have-a-job leftism

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Really drifting into the "read too many books and broke his brain" style of leftism.

Those friends who you know are some sort of anarchist but when you go "too bad about Bernie, huh?" they go "Look, what you gotta understand about Syndicalism is ..."

That never-leave-your-home-or-have-a-job leftism

Good thing our man's well paying job is staying at home and doing insane oracular oratory about cosmic leftism into the void

Truly he is a unique beast suited perfectly for his exact position in the universe