Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I assume a relatively modest death count for may as increasingly heavy political pressure causes number to go down so that nUmBEr can go up. I assume actual deaths and not reported deaths are going to be horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM:

Need this with a chart of the days of the month so we can really feel the noose tightening

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Son of Man posted:

I didn't read the whole paper but this appears to be a study of British infantry trainees. The author found femoral fractures were most prevalent in the paratrooper division (no poo poo lol)

Kinda loving my joke up here

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

there's never been a vaccine for any coronavirus, has there? my understanding is that them claiming they'll be able to make one is mostly wishful thinking and hoping against hope more than it is based on past precedent

there hasn't been much impetus for a coronavirus vaccine, up until sars, and that burned itself out faster than a vaccine. there's so much money and dick waving about having a vaccine it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when it will be affordable for the 99%

there's nothing fancy about roni or its siblings, its just been more profitable to sell cold medicine than it was to try to create a vaccine. now there are billions being poured into it by anyone wanting to fill the power vacuum caused by the american president being the dumbest person alive

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I assume a relatively modest death count for may as increasingly heavy political pressure causes number to go down so that nUmBEr can go up. I assume actual deaths and not reported deaths are going to be horrifying.

One of my wife's coworkers took a bereavement day last week because her uncle and aunt both died within a few days of each other from the 'roni.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

One of my wife's coworkers took a bereavement day last week because her uncle and aunt both died within a few days of each other from the 'roni.

"WITH not OF" I gargle out of my lungs slowly filling WITH fluid, not OF fluid

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Florida isn't giving out numbers to medical people anymore so we can assume that there's probably several thousand not showing up on the chart at any given time

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

lmao how the year is not even to the halfway point and the official US CV death toll has already exceeded the yearly flu death of 60k/70k.

Note that 60k/70k year is the high from a particularly bad year. I usually hear numbers like 40k for typical years. Additionally, if I recall correctly, they got that 60/70k number by doing some creative projections as to what counts as a flu death and using the "what's listed on the death certificate" bar that most people are using for CV, the number is like 10k to 20k.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

is it dangerous to eat bat if it's cooked properly? asking for a friend

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

really impressive the lengths some people will go to to damage president trump's election chances

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://twitter.com/courtney_KFOR/status/1258187823779401728?s=20

DUMBEST
COUNTRY
IN
THE
WORLD

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

NEED

THOSE

NUGGETS

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

NEED

THOSE

NUGGETS

lol they could have ordered anything they wanted and then ate in their car. people are really loving stupid

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

great, the karens are arming themselves.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

overmind2000 posted:

Florida isn't giving out numbers to medical people anymore so we can assume that there's probably several thousand not showing up on the chart at any given time

So I'm a bit skeptical of this, at least how much they could really cover up in the long run. Considering the CDC still reports total deaths from all causes, they'd have to be destroying death certificates to avoid the numbers being obvious. Even if some chud in Florida was stamping 90% of all CV deaths as something else, it would still show up as a weird spike in deaths. The CDC even made a handy dashboard for tracking excess deaths per state and there is a noticeable spike in areas undergoing significant amounts of deaths. At best, they could delay reporting death certificates for months or something in the hopes of spreading them out, but they'd have to really be crossing their fingers that summer stops the spread.

Also, it would be essentially impossible to hide if any city got anywhere near NYC levels as they'd have to do SOMETHING with the bodies. Refrigerated trucks, mass graves, big burning pits, etc would be hard to hide in large scale if Miami, Orlando, Tampa, or somewhere else in FL goes off the deep end.

Edit: they are likely fudging numbers, as their restriction is very loving shady. I'm just thinking it's more benign "Oh, heart attack and covid. DOESN'T COUNT"

wilderthanmild has issued a correction as of 03:10 on May 7, 2020

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

461k raised

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i was actually expecting a hospital shooting before a mcdonald's shooting

way to surprise me

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

WE👏NEED👏MORE👏WOMEN👏MURDERERS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol they could have ordered anything they wanted and then ate in their car. people are really loving stupid

but they didnt want to eat in the car they wanted to shoot someone

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

i was actually expecting a hospital shooting before a mcdonald's shooting

way to surprise me

there will be a hospital shooting before the end of the month since everything is dumb as hell

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I really just cannot comprehend how someone could get this upset about mcdonalds dining room not being open

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

A Bakers Cousin posted:

NEED

THOSE

NUGGETS

I'm sure they weren't nuggets, probably handguns

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Ne Cede Malis posted:

there will be a hospital shooting before the end of the month since everything is dumb as hell

can't count them as a covid death if you ventilate them first

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doc Fission posted:

WE👏NEED👏MORE👏WOMEN👏MURDERERS

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pooky posted:

461k raised

feels like it’d be easy to report/remove a gofundme for someone doing something illegal and possibly getting someone killed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
yeah biotech is going ham on all things coronavirus right now and there's lots of early promising stuff in vaccine development

mind you take nothing seriously until we're out of animal models

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Schnorkles posted:

yeah biotech is going ham on all things coronavirus right now and there's lots of early promising stuff in vaccine development

mind you take nothing seriously until we're out of animal models

p sure they've already started people trials in several of them

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

empty whippet box posted:

I really just cannot comprehend how someone could get this upset about mcdonalds dining room not being open

Americans are fat, and stupid

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Americans are fat, and stupid

Don't forget irrational

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I'm lovin it (getting shot at McDonalds that is)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

yeah, the only reported results are out of animal models, but things are moving on a lot of different fronts

still 16-18 months away from mass distribution of anything though if one of the first generation vaccine candidates pans out

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
my gf sent me this asking me if it was legit and i want to loving scream lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOLnfe6U_fM

i said no

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Real glad I moved out of Oklahoma City thirteen years ago and never went back.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Kushner and Miller are gonna give the go ahead to use concentration camp prisoners for WWII Japanese in Manchuria type medical experiments soon, if they haven't already.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lady Militant posted:

i said no

i met this couple once that had just moved to asheville to open their chiro clinic and friended them on fb

they keep posting this video and telling people to watch it BEFORE THEY TAKE IT DOWN

the couple also refers to themselves as doctors which pisses me off but so does everything else

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lady Militant posted:

i said no

Does the misspelling of covid mean anything or is it just an idiotic typo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Lady Militant posted:

i said no

drat that really opened my eyes, thanks.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

i met this couple once that had just moved to asheville to open their chiro clinic and friended them on fb

they keep posting this video and telling people to watch it BEFORE THEY TAKE IT DOWN

the couple also refers to themselves as doctors which pisses me off but so does everything else

Chiropractic is so outrageously dumb and it's absolutely insane that it somehow became so accepted in the US.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

wilderthanmild posted:

Chiropractic is so outrageously dumb and it's absolutely insane that it somehow became so accepted in the US.

it's traditional western medicine (TWM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Yup, I’ve never seen something go from lead to human dose so fast.