Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mistle posted:

Banksy is good

is he though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1258214513112838144

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Lmao

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

he's a really good partner and wants me to go camping because he knows how badly I want to go (and I really, really do) but I'm scared of the covid even though it's miles in the woods off trail and I'm cleared by the dr. We're both dumb AF and go out of our way for the other without thinking that the other person might not actually want to do "the thing" sometimes. He doesn't realize that I want time away from him because I've failed to communicate it to him because I'm afraid to hurt his feelings so it's it a bit on me right now. When we go camping it's a 50/50 thing so for me to not go puts an undue burden on him but it's not like he can't do it. Until all of this I spent 90% of my day alone when he was working so it's been a transition period for everyone. He worked 4 days on 3 days off so for 4 days a week I was basically alone and being around someone 24/7 has been rough. He's still asleep so I'm not sure what's going on, I might bring him a cat into the bedroom and see what's up

Just be honest with him, but reassure him you still love him. It'll be fine :)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Gripweed posted:

is he though?

definitely not except for the bearded O Cristo Redentor with the bullet wound

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

she is literally the best

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1247349357319311360

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MoaM posted:

The eternal crevice of the FTSE

and they're still gonna do brexit or some poo poo, i mean why else is bojo there?

lmfao.

Negotiations were supposed to have started in March, and even before covid showed up nobody believe that it was enough time for a meaningful deal. Bojo has always seemed intent on just crashing out without a deal and now they don't even have to pretend to try.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganamram/status/1237440523327045632

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao every business I’ve encountered has language saying “we will open according to cdc guidelines”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ideology is extremely powerful

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ahahhaha Ian Rapoport is on the local sports radio today crying about how the NFL needs to start and Trump needs to issue a decree

please fashy daddy, make football open

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

ideology is extremely powerful

wait until it meets starvation lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TimJDillon/status/1258301106238545925

quote:

As the Defense Department negotiates its way through the coronavirus pandemic and its fallout, military entrance processing stations are working with new guidance when it comes to bringing COVID-19 survivors into the services.

A past COVID-19 diagnosis is a no-go for processing, according to a recently released MEPCOM memo circulating on Twitter. “During the medical history interview or examination, a history of COVID-19, confirmed by either a laboratory test or a clinician diagnosis, is permanently disqualifying …” the memo reads.

The memo is authentic, Pentagon spokeswoman Jessica Maxwell confirmed to Military Times. Maxwell declined to explain why a coronavirus diagnosis would be permanently disqualifying, compared to other viral, non-chronic illnesses that do not preclude military service.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

American ideology should be strong enough for that

at least for a long time

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

NofrikinfuN posted:

since when did famines and starvation stop an ideology? Arent you aware of how death cults work? With enough oppression you can starve out plenty of people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao There are no CDC guidelines for reopening

incredible

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

good thing entire ships and units aren't all getting this at the same time

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

How's this gonna work with the US policy of open 'er up and let god sort em out? Aren't they already short of recruits as it is?

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

nah, there was another new study with a better antibody test that was posted in this thread, but I can't find it now...
it was of people in NYC who thought they had the virus & recovered, but weren't PCR tested - was about 30% positive iirc. PCR positive people came back at 99.8% or something

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

euphronius posted:

lmao There are no CDC guidelines for reopening

incredible

there are but it would make chud governors look bad so they will be ignored

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoondick posted:

there are but it would make chud governors look bad so they will be ignored

like I said everyone was sitting around waiting for CDC guidelines lmao. I’m looking at documents that cite them right now

incredible

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

you gotta go back to work because you'll need as much money as possible to pay out of pocket with your high deductible insurance plan for the oxygen you'll need after contracting roni after going back to work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoondick posted:

you gotta go back to work because you'll need as much money as possible to pay out of pocket with your high deductible insurance plan for the oxygen you'll need after contracting roni after going back to work

u get worker’s compensation if you get it at work (for now). cops and such don’t even have to prove they got it at work in some states

that will probably all fall apart

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

dont worryv brexit will save us lmao

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Then why weren't nursing homes having mass die offs way earlier?

people that travel a lot don't overlap with nursing home people much?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The COVID crash on top of the Brexit crash that was already associated with food shortage warnings all by itself.

That's going to be interesting to watch. A lot of the pro-Brexit people will assign 100% of the blame to COVID in order to blame it on immigrants, though

mystes
May 31, 2006

The flow charts seemed pretty reasonable, too: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6883736-CDC-documents.html

I guess this will just be replaced with 1 page saying "OPEN NOW" in 100 point type.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

MAGAs behave!
That's what they say when we're together
Watch the Beltway!
They don't understand
And so we're

Gasping just as hard as we can
Holding onto one another's hand
Trying to get a vent just for the night
And you watch while my lungs just drown me
And I tumble into the mass grave and you say

I think we're corona

Carlton Banks Teller has issued a correction as of 14:57 on May 7, 2020

Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Then why weren't nursing homes having mass die offs way earlier?

They are, most of Allegheny County's deaths are at the Kane Community Living Center

(More like the Kane Community Dying Center lmao)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BULBASAUR posted:

roadside picnic is great

make sure you watch 'Hard to be a God' while smashed on something, book is cool too

I started that on kanopy and boy it seems like a rough watch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/hqdada/status/1257887834310131712

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

u get worker’s compensation if you get it at work (for now). cops and such don’t even have to prove they got it at work in some states

that will probably all fall apart

There's a proposal to exempt employers from liability for coronavirus claims. Lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

poor students have mostly just been erased and there is no way currently to really deal with it

from what I’ve seen

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

you think things are bad now just wait until climate change kicks up a gear

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

poor students have mostly just been erased and there is no way currently to really deal with it

from what I’ve seen

I was a poor student and I turned out just fine, c.f. my posting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nothus posted:

There's a proposal to exempt employers from liability for coronavirus claims. Lmao

I don’t know if that means worker’s compensation or it means more general commercial liability (for example suing McDonald’s because you AS A CUSTOMER OR CONTRACTOR contracted it from a McDonald’s )

the former is ludicrous and a non starter . the later makes some sense (in liberal world ) and would jsut be the normal bail out of insurance

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera posted:

you think things are bad now just wait until climate change kicks up a gear

thats the great thing though it'll never kick up a gear, it'll just get worse and worse slowly

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

I don’t know if that means worker’s compensation or it means more general commercial liability (for example suing McDonald’s because you AS A CUSTOMER OR CONTRACTOR contracted it from a McDonald’s )

the former is ludicrous and a non starter . the later makes some sense (in liberal world ) and would jsut be the normal bail out of insurance

There isn't going to be anything, if you get sick you go home and get laid off and everyone calls you a hero and that's the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1258381756589359105