Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

permanent lung damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There isn't going to be anything, if you get sick you go home and get laid off and everyone calls you a hero and that's the end of it.

:/

maybe in some states. the plaintiffs bar is way to active tho in general for it to just end there

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

thats the great thing though it'll never kick up a gear, it'll just get worse and worse slowly

doesn't feel very slow

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

err posted:

permanent lung damage

i'm definitely shorter of breath now than i was before my presumed covid case :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

:/

maybe in some states. the plaintiffs bar is way to active tho in general for it to just end there

there's gonna be public pressure for people who get sick at work to not "hurt small businesses"

like the guy who runs the US chamber of commerce was already on NPR talking about how business needs "safe harbor" because "lawyers are already on TV asking for people to join frivolous suits."

If that's on NPR, imagine what the messaging on Fox must be like

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1258367644840976384

they're right lmaooooo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
The push for a liability waiver is coming because california just allowed employees to claim workmens comp if they get sick on the job without having to prove that they got it from work

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

err posted:

permanent lung damage

You balls detach from your body and murder people while you are asleep

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

:eyepop: :perfect: :boom:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

roadside picnic is great

make sure you watch 'Hard to be a God' while smashed on something, book is cool too

If you like the Strugatskys and haven't read any Pelevin I'd highly recommend him, too. He's the modern iteration of Russian sci-fi saying "gently caress you" to the modern world

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
seeing people say "the ability to go to work is one of the most basic rights we have" is incredible

need 2 work 4 my corporate overlords more than i need 2 survive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

there's gonna be public pressure for people who get sick at work to not "hurt small businesses"

like the guy who runs the US chamber of commerce was already on NPR talking about how business needs "safe harbor" because "lawyers are already on TV asking for people to join frivolous suits."

If that's on NPR, imagine what the messaging on Fox must be like

that was the point I was making tho

there is a distinction between general liability and worker’s compensation . chamber of commerce guy could have meant general liability which (in the liberlal world view ) makes sense and will happen o think

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

At least this dumb rear end pandemic has taught me the joys of hydroponics

Did you follow a guide or a book or something? This looks fun.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

many levels. many levels

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1258390224163438592?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh its just an arnold palmer with ta...

oh no

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

this is when civil unrest really starts to get going

unless checks get cut super quick and consistently

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

The Alpha Centauri posted:

unless checks get cut super quick and consistently

No, back to work now!!!!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This is gonna get lost in the sauce, but I woke up this AM thinking about how it's currently AAPI Heritage Month. Happy belated AAPI Heritage Month or whatever even though these formalities are some real bread and circus poo poo

I'm Filipina and feeling some kind of way about how Filipinx nurses are the biggest group of foreign-trained nurses in this country and are currently eating poo poo during the pandemic. For a little extra trivia, the history of Fil-Ams in this country is largely centered on labor organizing. In solidarity with As-Ams generally, I think it would be nice to funnel some good vibes to the NNU and maybe tell a racist to eat poo poo this month as the "invisible enemy" rhetoric continues to build momentum.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

No, back to work now!!!!

no health, only consumption!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bookmarked

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

dont go to clubs for a bit?

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Skypie posted:

no health, only consumption!

everyone knows what you need to do in an economic downturn is SPEND SPEND SPEND

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ooooffff

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajplus/status/1258382109162471425

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh well at least they wont be able to blame corbyn for it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How are there not riots
how are cities not perpetually burning
What amazing work the rulers have done to make us so docile

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vishass posted:

*uses an elevator nearly every day 30 other people have used in the last 2 hours* it must be farts coming from my pipes

farts in my house plumbing?

it's more likely than you think!

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

alphabettitouretti posted:

How's this gonna work with the US policy of open 'er up and let god sort em out? Aren't they already short of recruits as it is?

They're going to start recruiting vtubers from twitch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when people in this sub spent 9 weeks posting saying there'd be riots a week or two from their post

:lmao: everything's getting worse and everyone's either numb to it or fine with it because they magically think a Get Better button is gonna be pushed on it all any day now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How are there not riots
yes very good idea everyone into the streets and without masks if possible

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

la dee da dee da dee da

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

How are there not riots

because there arent unions

and it hasnt been long enough for people to no be able to pay rent

unfortunately, the only protests the media is covering are the right wing ones. theres suspiciously little coverage of the strikes and rent freeze protests.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

How are there not riots

1. the soft social democracy of unemployed people getting berniebux

2. most whites haven't lost their jobs and minorities have been oppressed with lovely economic conditions forever

3. as long as suburban white america remains comfortable and above the fray there will be no revolution and it will not be televised

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Sir Tonk posted:

oh well at least they wont be able to blame corbyn for it

laffo I loving assure you they will

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

I don’t know if that means worker’s compensation or it means more general commercial liability (for example suing McDonald’s because you AS A CUSTOMER OR CONTRACTOR contracted it from a McDonald’s )

the former is ludicrous and a non starter . the later makes some sense (in liberal world ) and would jsut be the normal bail out of insurance

Yeah, nobody knows right now. Obviously business groups are pushing for broad immunity.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

The Alpha Centauri posted:

hmm weird feels like I've read this every day for months

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

How are there not riots

corporate media does some heavy lifting to crush solidarity and direct action op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mistle posted:

Banksy is good, but talking about Banksy in any way but person-to-person or with more than 4 figures to your name is lovely

Modern infrastructure was built on previous superstructure and infrastructure, but that infrastructure was dismantled to make room for more modern solutions, leaving only the superstructure supporting the modernity; when it collapses now, there's a lot of basics that aren't around to start over with, where there were back then.

But they lost a million men in the trenches. Their economy had to support their own war effort and by the 1917 was basically propping up the French war effort single handedly. They were like a month from going bankrupt when the US entered the war and agreed to pick up the fiscal slack. And then the Spanish Flu came!