Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

hmm weird feels like I've read this every day for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The bullshit seesaw app our school district uses is clearly optimized for iPads and iPads only. We have a $35 old fire tablet for the 4 year old since who cares when he drops it, but the screen resolution in his school app doesn't loving work for a 7" tablet. And everything is touch screen oriented so he can't do it on my PC either (he can't use a mouse) so it's just like...do we ask the super rich school district for a free iPad for the next month? What the gently caress?

We're in one of the only school districts in the nation with both money and diversity (it ends up being the worst one in the USA in racial gap per nyt) so you'd think they'd be aware of this poo poo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Alpha Centauri posted:

this is when civil unrest really starts to get going

unless checks get cut super quick and consistently

Ah! Well, nevertheless.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Polo-Rican posted:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Covid and Let Die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this whole place a god drat time vortex

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Charlz Guybon posted:

Boggles my mind. How the gently caress can this be worse than the combo of WWI and the Spanish Flu?

Like other posters have said, the tech leaps make any collapse way worse. My great uncle had a barn full of farming equipment from the 1800s - all horse powered, as well as steam tractor that ran on coal. If his diesel tractor broke down or ran out of parts, he could always fall back on that. But now it's just like oh that specialty part is out of stock? Well, there's no way to farm now , at all

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

loving groundhog day up in here.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

shorter of breath...and one day closer to DETH

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Americans are bitchmade. It'll take a decade of depression and no hope for anything to happen.

Its more likely that Balk happens before mass civil unrest. America will fall apart at the seams before people do anything.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
this is exactly where my family has been this past week

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1258201103935639552?s=19

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mastershakeman posted:

Like other posters have said, the tech leaps make any collapse way worse. My great uncle had a barn full of farming equipment from the 1800s - all horse powered, as well as steam tractor that ran on coal. If his diesel tractor broke down or ran out of parts, he could always fall back on that. But now it's just like oh that specialty part is out of stock? Well, there's no way to farm now , at all

farmers sideloading Russian demo OSs to jail break their combines

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Americans are bitchmade. It'll take a decade of depression and no hope for anything to happen.

Its more likely that Balk happens before mass civil unrest. America will fall apart at the seams before people do anything.

Even now, we're directing our outrage at ourselves.

No job and no baseball to pass the time? Rage out at the lockdown and shriek on sports radio about how we need to reopen sports.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Did you follow a guide or a book or something? This looks fun.

It is super fun, even on a smaller scale! We live in a small 1 bedroom apartment but you really don't need a lot of space to begin with, especially if you're creative. That vertical planter looks awesome. We've started growing some butter & red lettuce (from seeds swiped from walmart) in mason jars using Kratky's hydro method on a small shelf above our kitchen's radiator.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/KarenChristensn/status/1258195782173249536

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

finally some good loving news

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Even now, we're directing our outrage at ourselves.

No job and no baseball to pass the time? Rage out at the lockdown and shriek on sports radio about how we need to reopen sports.

i hadnt thought of sports radio. what is it even doing these days

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GABA ghoul posted:

You balls detach from your body and murder people while you are asleep

Wouldn't that be something the military would be more interested in?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Squizzle posted:

NFL draft brought it back for a while but man its fire

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone checked to see if coal miners are immune to this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when people in this sub spent 9 weeks posting saying there'd be riots a week or two from their post

:lmao: everything's getting worse and everyone's either numb to it or fine with it because they magically think a Get Better button is gonna be pushed on it all any day now

people also theorized that a pandemia is not the best time to riot

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wife's company still planning on doing their annual "business cruise" in october, apparently that month is almost entirely booked already, boomers lining up for the plague ships, hopefully they have some outbreaks that changes plans before then, she has some comorbidities, and dying so her bosses can still take a vacation they can write off.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

74k deaths
1.2 million cases
Record unemployment

Trump campaign

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1258388669544759296

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Squizzle posted:

the local sports radio station is running constant Newsmax ads about how the liberals are killing America

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wow

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

What if we consider that things will be mostly the same tho

add it to the list.

a good analysis looks at many possible end states, not just the one, that one thinks will happen.

it’s a big trap for smart people. smart people tend to look at a situation and reach a reasonable conclusion about what they think will happen. they then proceed and plan for that one scenario that they think will happen.

a better way to think about it is multiple potential scenarios, and that one doesn’t know which will end up occurring, though some are certainly more or less likely.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the local sports radio station is running constant Newsmax ads about how the liberals are killing America

i mean, they're not wrong

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cool

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lkatzenberg/status/1258389590584541184?s=19

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Then why weren't nursing homes having mass die offs way earlier?

this.

I don’t understand why people think they’ve already had this, especially months ago when bodies weren’t overflowing out of morgues

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gringostar posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Crusader posted:

i'm definitely shorter of breath now than i was before my presumed covid case :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gringostar posted:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Americans are too chickenshit to murder morons so god sent a virus. nice

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

74k deaths
1.2 million cases
Record unemployment

Trump campaign

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1258388669544759296

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

America paints "Daddy's gently caress Hole" on its forehead and a target around its mouth as it gestures seductively to Russia and China

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
If you can convince the lowest white man he's healthier than the best colored man, he won't notice their lungs filling up with water. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll fill them up with bleach for you.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

old beast lunatic posted:

Americans are too chickenshit to murder morons so god sent a virus. nice

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/04/coronavirus-disproportionately-impacts-african-americans/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mastershakeman posted:

The bullshit seesaw app our school district uses is clearly optimized for iPads and iPads only. We have a $35 old fire tablet for the 4 year old since who cares when he drops it, but the screen resolution in his school app doesn't loving work for a 7" tablet. And everything is touch screen oriented so he can't do it on my PC either (he can't use a mouse) so it's just like...do we ask the super rich school district for a free iPad for the next month? What the gently caress?

We're in one of the only school districts in the nation with both money and diversity (it ends up being the worst one in the USA in racial gap per nyt) so you'd think they'd be aware of this poo poo

Not Fairfax County VA, is it? I know they tried blackboard until it turned out kids could make anonymous accounts so some started flooding chats with racial slurs.

Their IT director of 20 years was fired basically immediately.