Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Police are beating dudes off left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hahahahahaha this dude literally passed an executive order barring businesses from being open and as soon as black judge enforced it he screamed NOT LIKE THAT

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

neiman markdown

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Polo-Rican posted:

sorry everyone but trump's not gonna get coronavirus. that would be a good thing and good things aren't allowed to happen

I bet through years of being a rich world traveler he had the BCG vaccine at some point

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

1000% the military memo to preclude any apps w/ any history of covid is to keep minorities and poors out of the military, hth

The military has no problem filling its ranks with minorities and poors. It's likely more that we don't know enough about the long term effects of the disease and people with damaged lungs probably make bad soldiers, among other things.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

so the end result of those polls showing that like half of all republicans think walking around in public is perfectly safe compared to like 3% of liberals is that none of the dem voters (60+% of whom were "not very" motivated to vote for biden iirc) are actually going to turn out while all the chuds who came out in droves to vote for trump even in unopposed primaries are going to risk death to pull that lever, right

There was no way for Trump to lose this election and now he's probably gonna take Congress and all 50 states. The smooth brained diaper grandpa is gonna be the most powerful president in history. Powerful enough to crown himself king for life? Well, we'll see ;)

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so what's the haps, are americans still dying in droves and screaming I'm not dyin!? because that's very lol

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

wilderthanmild posted:

The military has no problem filling its ranks with minorities and poors. It's likely more that we don't know enough about the long term effects of the disease and people with damaged lungs probably make bad soldiers, among other things.

Bankrupting Social Security Disability to own the libs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I seriously hope the fat bastard catches it.

I'm still loving pissed he didn't catch it back when it first broke out and there was an outbreak cluster from one of his events at Mar-a-lago.

Knowing our luck it would probably just make him stronger

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Bernie Panders posted:

this is a great time to set up bird feeders and hummingbird feeders. got a jar of expired peanuts, shelled or unshelled? got a bag of white sugar? make some bird food and feed the got drat birds! it's great. even if you only get trash birds in your area, you can feel a sense of communion with them because we're just trash animals ourselves

We had our first oriole show up since we've been in the house :3: and we were ready with a feeder filled with grape jelly.

The people we bought the house from must have loved hummingbirds too because there are like 6 of these bushes with reddish pink flowers on the property, and they buzz from bush to bush to drink. We set up a feeder outside the kitchen window near one of these bushes and there are sometimes 4-5 hummingbirds at a time trying to get a drink.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Chuds saying the US is overcounting and it’s not really a problem but also that other countries are undercounting and it’s their fault that we have this problem are my favorite chuds at the moment.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

TMMadman posted:

I seriously hope the fat bastard catches it.

I'm still loving pissed he didn't catch it back when it first broke out and there was an outbreak cluster from one of his events at Mar-a-lago.

Weibo thinks that trump and pence aren't wearing masks because they have been vaccinated already

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

kaleedity posted:

1000% the military memo to preclude any apps w/ any history of covid is to keep minorities and poors out of the military, hth

because the military would never use them for cannon fodder

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Although there is never a good time for a new virus to emerge on the scene and affect humanity in a negative way, the emergence of COVID-19 here in the Upstate during a time of the year when growing and collecting food outdoors is becoming easier and not harder, is in our favor thanks to the arrival of spring. Many common edible plants growing in the wild areas everywhere around us are just waiting to help us out when it comes to sustainability during this time of isolation and crisis.

e:
Below are some common native/wild edible plants found growing around the Upstate, along with some edible garden plants that are easy to start from seed or divisions during this time of the year.
Amaranth-garden
Dandelion
Elderberry
Lamb’s Quarters
Dianthus Flowers-garden
Lemon Balm-garden
Raspberry/leaves/flowers
Blackberry/leaves/flowers
Dewberry/leaves/flowers
Multiflora Rose/hips
Carolina Swamp Rose/flowers/hips
Thorny Silverberry Shrub/fruit
Valerian root-garden
Climbing Bean-garden
Beet-garden
Broad Leaf Smilax Vine
Kudzu Vine/flowers
Lettuce-garden
Mustard-garden
Gil Over The Ground Ivy
Pea-garden
Violet
Chickweed
Persimmon Tree/fruit
Lemongrass-garden
Oregano-garden
Salvia Lyrata
Nasturtium-garden
Chicory
Blueberry
Asparagus-garden
Black Cherry Tree/fruit
Peach Tree/fruit-garden
Sacred Pink Water Lotus/flowers/tubers-garden
Adam’s Needle Yucca/flowers
Muscadine Grape Vine /leaves/fruit
Partridge Berry Vine/fruit/leaves
Peppermint-garden
Appalachian Mountain Mint
Mammoth Pink Clover/flower
Orange Daylily/flower
Tall Self ~Heal
Wild Onion

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

kaleedity posted:

more likely its temporary because we dont know a loving thing about this and they dont want to accidentally let some recruit slip past MEPS and into a basic training camp

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I don't care how hungry I get I'm not eating kudzu gently caress that

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rynn posted:

We had our first oriole show up since we've been in the house :3: and we were ready with a feeder filled with grape jelly.

The people we bought the house from must have loved hummingbirds too because there are like 6 of these bushes with reddish pink flowers on the property, and they buzz from bush to bush to drink. We set up a feeder outside the kitchen window near one of these bushes and there are sometimes 4-5 hummingbirds at a time trying to get a drink.

fuckin' nice. if you've got the means you may want to grab some oranges too. orioles love to get down on navel oranges, as do western tanagers and other migratory friends from south of the border.

also keep in mind that the cornell lab of ornithology and audubon society encourage hummingbird feeders (no red dye!) even if natural sources of food are around. do itttt

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Woofer posted:

Chuds saying the US is overcounting and it’s not really a problem but also that other countries are undercounting and it’s their fault that we have this problem are my favorite chuds at the moment.

oh mos def ly

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Bernie Panders posted:

this is a great time to set up bird feeders and hummingbird feeders. got a jar of expired peanuts, shelled or unshelled? got a bag of white sugar? make some bird food and feed the got drat birds! it's great. even if you only get trash birds in your area, you can feel a sense of communion with them because we're just trash animals ourselves

i started ordering my birdseed bulk from countrymax online in the pandemic, its a better price than my local walmart, not as good as some of the farm supply stores in the sticks though

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Weibo thinks that trump and pence aren't wearing masks because they have been vaccinated already

china needs to step up its conspiracy theory game imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

loaner laptops and the little mifi cell access points. school district where I am is giving them out.

still relies on parent involvement and student availability

the tech aspect is easily solved . the social not so much

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

now do it for non-violent offenders you loving cowards

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Alpha Centauri posted:

more likely its temporary because we dont know a loving thing about this and they dont want to accidentally let some recruit slip past MEPS and into a basic training camp

surely that has already happened and will continue happening

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Although there is never a good time for a new virus to emerge on the scene and affect humanity in a negative way, the emergence of COVID-19 here in the Upstate during a time of the year when growing and collecting food outdoors is becoming easier and not harder, is in our favor thanks to the arrival of spring. Many common edible plants growing in the wild areas everywhere around us are just waiting to help us out when it comes to sustainability during this time of isolation and crisis.

e:
Below are some common native/wild edible plants found growing around the Upstate, along with some edible garden plants that are easy to start from seed or divisions during this time of the year.
Amaranth-garden
Dandelion
Elderberry
Lamb’s Quarters
Dianthus Flowers-garden
Lemon Balm-garden
Raspberry/leaves/flowers
Blackberry/leaves/flowers
Dewberry/leaves/flowers
Multiflora Rose/hips
Carolina Swamp Rose/flowers/hips
Thorny Silverberry Shrub/fruit
Valerian root-garden
Climbing Bean-garden
Beet-garden
Broad Leaf Smilax Vine
Kudzu Vine/flowers
Lettuce-garden
Mustard-garden
Gil Over The Ground Ivy
Pea-garden
Violet
Chickweed
Persimmon Tree/fruit
Lemongrass-garden
Oregano-garden
Salvia Lyrata
Nasturtium-garden
Chicory
Blueberry
Asparagus-garden
Black Cherry Tree/fruit
Peach Tree/fruit-garden
Sacred Pink Water Lotus/flowers/tubers-garden
Adam’s Needle Yucca/flowers
Muscadine Grape Vine /leaves/fruit
Partridge Berry Vine/fruit/leaves
Peppermint-garden
Appalachian Mountain Mint
Mammoth Pink Clover/flower
Orange Daylily/flower
Tall Self ~Heal
Wild Onion

didn't realize Kudzu was edible

the south will be fine wrt food either way. the house I grew up in has hundreds of acres of farmland around it. recently they were growing cotton and soybeans for ethanol lmao but other years it was corn and wheat. after balkanization occurs, there will be areas in the Neo-USA that will have food crises, but chud land will be fine.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Squizzle posted:

surely that has already happened and will continue happening

probably

but remember, the DoD is run by a bunch of politicians and they need to play the bureaucratic game just as much as any other politician if they want to move on up the ladder to get more flair on the uniform or considered for a higher civilian position

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I don't care how hungry I get I'm not eating kudzu gently caress that

hahahahaha same, gently caress that evil plant

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rich people now have their own parallel retail system and relics like Neiman Marcus that let the poors in occasionally are no longer necessary

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ChristsDickWorship posted:

i started ordering my birdseed bulk from countrymax online in the pandemic, its a better price than my local walmart, not as good as some of the farm supply stores in the sticks though

rad, what are you seeing in your area?

today i've seen...

red tailed hawk
black billed magpie pair (nesting in a ponderosa next to my house)
black capped chickadee
white breasted nuthatch
chestnut breasted nuthatch
stellar's jay
woodhouse's scrub jay
american crow
house finch
house wren
anna's (?) and ruby-throated hummingbirds
turkey vulture
downy woodpecker
northern flicker

really hoping i see the golden eagle nesting pair today too. also got my oranges out so when the tanagers start flying in my lilac bushes will be sodden with them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the neon yellow little passerine

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

a warbler maybe? i participated in a rocky mountain bird conservancy banding event and seeing a shitload of little yellow warblers get weighed and checked out for fat content, etc. was amazing.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Burn Zone posted:

didn't realize Kudzu was edible

kudzu is a bean if I recall correctly

you're basically eating fresh bean leaves

very nutritious

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

American goldfinch, they're dull-colored outside of mating season. Got a lot at my feeder.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Rich people now have their own parallel retail system and relics like Neiman Marcus that let the poors in occasionally are no longer necessary

A decade or so ago, when I was a teenage hoodlum, I went into the Louis Vuitton store in Trump Tower and I was instantly recognized as poor so two security guards followed me around the entire time lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What the gently caress is this thread now

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Covid flavored poo poo posts

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

plenty of meat!!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Spartan Stadium (formerly Macklin Field and Macklin Stadium) opened in 1923 in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. It is primarily used for football, and is the home field of the Michigan State University Spartans. After the addition of luxury boxes and club seating in 2004–2005, the capacity of the stadium grew from 72,027 to 75,005

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

what do you want?
who are you?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jeeeeesus christ

https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1258396631000657923

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

plenty of meat!!

A meat shortage is probably one of the best things that could happen right now for American environmental health and personal health.