Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Doc Fission posted:

I've walked past this one. Charlotte, NC is the most beige city I have ever been in. Good comic book convention tho

Charlotte is populated almost entirely by refugees from New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

limaCAT posted:

I wonder when people will start resorting to pepper spray using the "he was going to infect me since he didn't wear his face mask" excuse

You would get beat if you don't wear a mask in Japan.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/beattymn/status/1258139266707849216

bog bean

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1258418751285886978

Since my husband and I had a sweet chat and he went camping I might get day drunk by looking at the rum, order from my favorite Indian restaurant, and try to analyze bird calls all day because nothing matters

Lol. Now do that for homeless people who get arrested for refusing to give their name to a police officer. Or black teenagers arrested for loitering with a little bag of pot the cop just happened to smell in their pocket. Or... or...

Oh. Nevermind. This is for white people.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

shovelbum posted:

the sprawl there is like :discourse: level bad sprawl

I live in Atlanta, how bad is it relative to here because I am pretty sure we're on the urban sprawl leaderboards

Apr 7, 2003

*sick guitar riffs*
*george thorogood voice*
BEANS FROM THE BOG
BEANS FROM THE BOG
B-B-B-B-BEANS
BEANS FROM THE BOG

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

limaCAT posted:

I wonder when people will start resorting to pepper spray using the "he was going to infect me since he didn't wear his face mask" excuse

Bullets. Dead men don't sue.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
how are we supposed to have fascism when the power of the state disintegrates the second applebees is takeout-only

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I guess in the end America was the friends we made along the way

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

Since my husband and I had a sweet chat and he went camping I might get day drunk by looking at the rum, order from my favorite Indian restaurant, and try to analyze bird calls all day because nothing matters

camp sites are open again!

lmao it's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend. everyone is going to pack into Ledges pavilions and spread it like a motherfucker

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the victory of floyd swinks bogbean

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Radirot posted:

I'm happy knowing we have many bird lovers here. Bird watching is one of the few things that keeps me sane.

I get blue jays AND cardinals !!! it’s the best !

and every three years or so a red tail hawk family lives in my backyard and I don’t see a squirrel or gerbil again for months

Apr 7, 2003

Doc Fission posted:

I live in Atlanta, how bad is it relative to here because I am pretty sure we're on the urban sprawl leaderboards

it totally owns that the braves play in a stadium an hour away from downtown atlanta

(a stadium that apparently has air conditioners outdoors for the expensive seats)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Bird chat

There's a nest of red crowned parrots in the palm tree in my yard. They are exceptionally loud, but since they're endangered we just kind of go with it.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Doc Fission posted:

atlanta may technically have more, but its different because people do actually live in atlanta. in a lot of the south, like nc or anywhere i've been in texas, downtown is just something you drive to for an office job so its clinically boring

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So say Trump does get a case of covid like Boris did, what are the chances that he might start taking the pandemic more seriously? I mean surely greater than 0% right?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Zil posted:

So say Trump does get a case of covid like Boris did, what are the chances that he might start taking the pandemic more seriously? I mean surely greater than 0% right?

I survived it, and grew stronger

you can to

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zil posted:

:lmao:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

ChristsDickWorship posted:

my wren friends are probably my favorite. on top of the singing, the family that lives here routinely clowns on the hummingbirds by standing on their feeder and being a dick, and they also fly around my house picking bugs and spiders out of my windows. them and the downys were regulars in my yard even before i put feeders out many years ago.

they serve an important purpose in the heirarchy of my platform feeder, when the blue jays gang up and start screeching all the other birds take off and the jays rule the feeder. unless there are mourning doves, they reclaim the feeder for all birds by hunkering down and standing in the middle of it and refusing to move until the blue jays leave.

also they eat all the lowtier seed that most of the fancy birds leave

We went to Cumberland Island National Seashore and this one little wren chilled with us in the morning. I guess it was used to people feeding it but we don't do that so it was angry and forced us to disinfect our cooking wear if we stepped away 2 seconds. Its face was priceless. I need to stop being poor and get a better camera other than my phone.

Can pet birds get coronavirus? We had a psittacosis scare at a pet store i worked at, one guy got it he was super sick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh yeah we have GIGANTIC pileated woodpeckers too

they are huge

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

I get blue jays AND cardinals !!! it’s the best !

and every three years or so a red tail hawk family lives in my backyard and I don’t see a squirrel or gerbil again for months

lol I was at the 4 way stop on my street, just leaving for work in the before times when we did that, and i saw a red tail take a rabbit about 20 feet away from my car. it was blindingly fast

I sat at that stop sign for a very long time

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Zil posted:

naaaaaaaaaaaah

Segue
May 23, 2007

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Bank of America Stadium is a 75,523-seat football stadium located on 33 acres (13 ha) in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina, United States. It is the home facility and headquarters of the Carolina Panthers :love:

This is the most beautifully American continually updated statistic and I appreciate it immensely.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

facetoucher cat posted:

I need to stop being poor and get a better camera other than my phone.

maybe stop buying expensive gimmick tapwater

oops you were camping, durr

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

Same gym owner was sharing that dumbass 'Plandemic' video on his personal page so I'm gonna just find a new gym.

Its nice when people out themselves like that.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:negative: I should have known better

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

e; fair play

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zil posted:

cross chat from the Trump thread, but he would immediately give plasma once for a photo op and claim from then on that he was personally working on a vaccine and should be credited with any discovery

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zil posted:

So say Trump does get a case of covid

:lmao:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chard posted:

e; fair play

:hai:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

facetoucher cat posted:

We went to Cumberland Island National Seashore and this one little wren chilled with us in the morning. I guess it was used to people feeding it but we don't do that so it was angry and forced us to disinfect our cooking wear if we stepped away 2 seconds. Its face was priceless. I need to stop being poor and get a better camera other than my phone.

lol they have the most triumphant posture while being assholes i love it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

No one understands up not out and they still don't want Marta FFS

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Doc Fission posted:

its smaller but every part of it is like extra infuriatingly bougie in its sensibilities, like a tiny miniature chud gem of a city

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

oh yeah we have GIGANTIC pileated woodpeckers too

they are huge

Gigantic peckers all over Pennsylvania, folks, just the biggest

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
me, one year ago: americans need to drive way less and eat less meat. too bad that will never happen

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

today seems like a good idea to do this Washington Post baking recipe:

https://twitter.com/Dacheslow/status/1252991224027512832

:chaostrump:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I think people who are mystified at why chuds are so up in arms about restaurant and salon closures have never lived in the south, or really any deeply racially divided area.

chuds are all white supremacists at the bottom, and what they want more than anything is reassurance that they occupy the dominant racial caste. the end of de jure segregation and the rise of black and brown cultural tastemakers has eroded their ability to feel superior. one of the last bastions of white supremacy, though, is the customer/service worker divide.

service workers in the south are overwhelmingly nonwhite and customers are overwhelmingly white. going out to eat isn’t just for the food (chuds have no taste) but for the experience of being waited on by a person of color who has to obey you to earn a tip. their ancestors ran plantations and had slaves tending to their whims; today’s chuds wish they could have that, but they make do by patronizing horrendously underpaid service workers. it reassures them that no matter they’re personal situation, they’re still on top, and the people below them know their place. going to restaurants is like getting a fix for them. they’re jonesing really bad. small business owners, too, want to reopen, to boss around their workers. owners mostly white, workers mostly not.

anyways my point is white supremacy explains the REOPEN AMERICA poo poo as much as top-down messaging or economic stress.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

power word- Jeb! posted:

me, one year ago: americans need to drive way less and eat less meat. too bad that will never happen

You're doing the Lord's work, what Lord that is I'm not sure yet

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/germhuntermd/status/1258423884233076736?s=21

67% had DAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1258419853142048770