Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm an idiot and can't read dates. But here, have info on Obama's drone strikes. https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Since you bring it up. Climate change and voter suppression. Trump is actively working against doing anything with regards to climate change. No, it's worse even, he is literally stopping people from trying to fight, or inform about, climate change. On voter suppression, sure, dems don't actually give a poo poo unless it's in their favor, and they'll even do their own, which is loving awful, but trump/republicans are actively working super against things like mail-voting and for having hard voter-ID laws etc. Yes, I know about the new york primary, but c'mon it's like drop in in a tiny bucket compared to the pacific spanning tsunami of the trump administration and republicans on voter suppression. Yes, biden is pretty bad on these too, or at least more of a "status quo" :decorum: idiot, but those two things will definitely be worse under trump. To be honest, if you don't think so you are so divorced from reality that there really isn't any point to talking about it, and we can just all just continue to post parallel to each other. I fully accept that that's not enough for some people to vote for one over the other.

And Biden’s lying about doing anything worthwhile on climate change.

So on one hand we have a guy that libs will gladly criticize as not doing enough on climate change, and on the other hand we have a guy that libs will pretend is doing enough on climate change. I’d rather libs actually continue thinking climate change is an issue instead of going back to pretending it’s being addressed like they did during obama thanks

As for voter suppression, did you miss dems literally cancelling an election for their own gain? Cause the thread sure hasn’t

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm an idiot and can't read dates. But here, have info on Obama's drone strikes. https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

yes but were they the bad people

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

We have been talking a lot about military interventions that Biden has backed. What about all the times he backed sanctions on countries like Iran and Venezuela? Don't those also kill people and prevent them from getting the medications and food they need?

UN officials resigned from the Oil For Food program under protest that the sanctions were genocidal, which is how you know they're part of the very rude and mean dirtbag left, surely we can't read any malign intentions into deliberately starving an entire country of millions and millions of people.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There is no evidence to suggest that Biden will do anything, you admit so yourself. Biden's words are not trustworthy, as a known plagiarist and liar. His words, upon which you solely rely, clash with his 45 year record, and his political ideology in general.

However going off other centrist administrations, to which Biden is even more conservative than, we can see that centrist administrations only maintain, or even expand, upon the policy of right-wing administrations.

Biden will uphold Trump era policies and expand them. He will impose neoliberal austerity.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

So on one hand we have a guy that libs will gladly criticize as not doing enough on climate change, and on the other hand we have a guy that libs will pretend is doing enough on climate change. I’d rather libs actually continue thinking climate change is an issue instead of going back to pretending it’s being addressed like they did during obama thanks

As for voter suppression, did you miss dems literally cancelling an election for their own gain? Cause the thread sure hasn’t

Who in the world is arguing that Joe Biden would "do enough" on climate change? Everybody making a climate change argument for voting for Biden instead of Trump is arguing that Biden will be better than Trump, who is actively working to make things worse and denies that climate change is happening.

The people who argue that Joe Biden's climate plan is enough and cool and good and going to save us exist only in your head, unless you can start quoting them here.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Unoriginal Name posted:

yes but were they the bad people

I mean, let's think about it this way. Bush started the program, Obama expanded it, Trump expanded it and also made it harder to learn about what's going on. If we extrapolate this data we can see that Biden would stop it or slow it down because he's the lesser evil. It's just so obvious.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are u posted:

Who in the world is arguing that Joe Biden would "do enough" on climate change? Everybody making a climate change argument for voting for Biden instead of Trump is arguing that Biden will be better than Trump, who is actively working to make things worse and denies that climate change is happening.

The people who argue that Joe Biden's climate plan is enough and cool and good and going to save us exist only in your head, unless you can start quoting them here.

If it's not going to save us then what's the point of it, that's dumb.

Better to have a chance at getting someone with a plan to save us in 4 years, than locking in 8 years of making climate worse

I trust climate scientists when they tell me Biden's plan sucks and won't do anything because that's their area of expertise. I don't trust them when they assure me Biden isn't lying about even his lovely plan because mindreading is not their area of expertise. And I don't trust them when they say a better plan can't emerge in four years because political prognostication is not their area of expertise either.

They're no more qualified than I am at either mindreading or political prognostication.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

You could just say that you think trump is good and cool and worth your vote on his own merits. You don't have to go this roundabout way over to pretending it's a protest vote or whatever.

e: ^^^ you too

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Araenna posted:

so all the poo poo the minorities you're arguing with here are facing under both trump and biden

this. The degree of which one is better than the other is just so slight and they both have different things that are bad about them. This was the point I was making before. Most comfortable liberal types don't have to worry about what austerity measures from conservatives like Biden or Trump will do in their lives. They are so far removed from it though they think they are fighting the good fight for people like me. They will say they care about the vulnerable but it really all boils down to the fact they are unwilling to give up even a modicum of their comfort to ensure that others lives without comfort might be at least acceptable. That is why this is a contest between Biden and Trump.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

You could just say that you think trump is good and cool and worth your vote on his own merits. You don't have to go this roundabout way over to pretending it's a protest vote or whatever.

No Trump isn't worth a vote, he's bad.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

This is yet again you refusing to actually respond to people’s arguments and instead replace them with your own straw man.

What’s the point of trying to discuss things with you if you refuse to actually respond to people’s arguments?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Since you bring it up. Climate change and voter suppression. Trump is actively working against doing anything with regards to climate change. No, it's worse even, he is literally stopping people from trying to fight, or inform about, climate change. On voter suppression, sure, dems don't actually give a poo poo unless it's in their favor, and they'll even do their own, which is loving awful, but trump/republicans are actively working super against things like mail-voting and for having hard voter-ID laws etc. Yes, I know about the new york primary, but c'mon it's like drop in in a tiny bucket compared to the pacific spanning tsunami of the trump administration and republicans on voter suppression. Yes, biden is pretty bad on these too, or at least more of a "status quo" :decorum: idiot, but those two things will definitely be worse under trump. To be honest, if you don't think so you are so divorced from reality that there really isn't any point to talking about it, and we can just all just continue to post parallel to each other. I fully accept that that's not enough for some people to vote for one over the other.

If you are freezing to death out on the streets because you are homeless in New York winter do you think the differnce between 32 degrees and 36 degrees really matters to you?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Unable to give a substantive response to anything anyone is saying, you've been reduced once again to a ridiculous strawman and accusing people of saying something nobody has actually said or supports.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

How are u posted:

Who in the world is arguing that Joe Biden would "do enough" on climate change?

:lol:

sorry, i've watched this play out enough times. if biden gets elected, you'll absolutely refuse to criticize him on anything (hell, you hardly acknowledge he's a rapist right now). discussion of the weaknesses of his climate plan will be labeled as "bernie-broish" and "cynical" and dems will pat themselves on the back for 4 years for saving the planet. then we'll either get a republican who doesn't do anything about climate change, or a dem who can't do anything about climate change, cause the biden presidency was a golden age :swoon: and we can't criticize president biden. so at minimum 8, hopefully only 12 more years of not doing anything worthwhile about climate change if biden gets elected.

no thanks. i'd prefer libs not pretend something's being done about climate change like they did in the obama years

quote:

Everybody making a climate change argument for voting for Biden instead of Trump is arguing that Biden will be better than Trump, who is actively working to make things worse and denies that climate change is happening.

and I'm arguing that's shortsighted and ignores that a biden presidency will silence any demand for climate change to be addressed for a good amount of time

quote:

i don't believe that libs would even care about the concentration camps on the border if trump hadn't become president. they would be fine with the continuation of them under hillary if she had been elected. the same poo poo will happen with biden. libs will circle around and defend biden, and refuse to discuss anything but "republicans bad" for another 4 years. so I think it's a better idea to play off their hatred of republicans than pretend the same libs who refuse to criticize shitheels like manchin will suddenly feel like holding biden to account

Revelation 2-13 posted:

why do you think i'm voting for trump? where have I claimed I'm going to vote for trump?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

This is yet again you refusing to actually respond to people’s arguments and instead replace them with your own straw man.

What’s the point of trying to discuss things with you if you refuse to actually respond to people’s arguments?

No, either you can't read, or this is you pretending that I don't respond to peoples arguments for some dumb reason. I've responded plenty. I've been studiously ignoring you though, and reasonably so I think.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The proof that Biden will turn the Democratic Party into a climate denialist party is this thread where pro-biden people keep denying the science in SR15 on the grounds that “well actually Greenpeace have Biden a B so SR15 is wrong about the scale and scope of needed change.”

Or that some Op-Ed cancels out the peer reviewed work of the IPCC. That’s how the Democratic Party joins the Republican Party on climate.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

There is certainly an emotional aspect to voting for Joe Biden. There is a certain feeling to voting. It is the feeling that you are making a difference, that you are making the world a better place. That you are heard, represented, and powerful.

This feeling has been embedded into our zeitgeist by those who would benefit from your votes: Democrats. Every time they speak, they pressure you to "do the right thing" and vote. Because your votes give them wealth. Your votes give them the power to accept lobbyist money, to further their station, to make the world a better place for them.

That's why you get these arguments that Joe Biden would be better for the environment despite him taking oil lobby money and telling you, to your face, that he will prevent any attempts at fixing it for the next 8 years. That's why people argue that women's rights can only be saved by voting for a rapist.

It is because you are taking away their agency by suggesting otherwise. By making the point that no, their votes will only make things worse, you break with the narrative they accept, the idea that they can save us. You are dispelling the illusion that we've all been fed for decades.

And this is painful. It is a painful, painful thing to come to terms that one is helpless. That the actions we did in earnest, the good will invested into those actions, were squandered by people we trusted. People we voted for.

So, many refuse that confrontation. They repeat the same tired claims over and over again, the same tribal narrative that holds the party together. Enough. It's enough. We get it. You're saving the world. Bless you and your good intentions. Please respect ours.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mellow Seas posted:

OK, that's fair. It does, however, say that the the mass murder has to be the intent of the military action. I don't think it was. :shrug:

while you're on probation take some time to read mark twain's warprayer

quote:

It was a time of great and exalting excitement. The country was up in arms, the war was on, in every breast burned the holy fire of patriotism; the drums were beating, the bands playing, the toy pistols popping, the bunched firecrackers hissing and spluttering; on every hand and far down the receding and fading spread of roofs and balconies a fluttering wilderness of flags flashed in the sun; daily the young volunteers marched down the wide avenue gay and fine in their new uniforms, the proud fathers and mothers and sisters and sweethearts cheering them with voices choked with happy emotion as they swung by; nightly the packed mass meetings listened, panting, to patriot oratory with stirred the deepest deeps of their hearts, and which they interrupted at briefest intervals with cyclones of applause, the tears running down their cheeks the while; in the churches the pastors preached devotion to flag and country, and invoked the God of Battles beseeching His aid in our good cause in outpourings of fervid eloquence which moved every listener.

It was indeed a glad and gracious time, and the half dozen rash spirits that ventured to disapprove of the war and cast a doubt upon its righteousness straightway got such a stern and angry warning that for their personal safety’s sake they quickly shrank out of sight and offended no more in that way.

Sunday morning came — next day the battalions would leave for the front; the church was filled; the volunteers were there, their young faces alight with martial dreams — visions of the stern advance, the gathering momentum, the rushing charge, the flashing sabers, the flight of the foe, the tumult, the enveloping smoke, the fierce pursuit, the surrender!

Then home from the war, bronzed heroes, welcomed, adored, submerged in golden seas of glory! With the volunteers sat their dear ones, proud, happy, and envied by the neighbors and friends who had no sons and brothers to send forth to the field of honor, there to win for the flag, or, failing, die the noblest of noble deaths. The service proceeded; a war chapter from the Old Testament was read; the first prayer was said; it was followed by an organ burst that shook the building, and with one impulse the house rose, with glowing eyes and beating hearts, and poured out that tremendous invocation:

God the all-terrible! Thou who ordainest,
Thunder thy clarion and lightning thy sword!

Then came the “long” prayer. None could remember the like of it for passionate pleading and moving and beautiful language. The burden of its supplication was, that an ever-merciful and benignant Father of us all would watch over our noble young soldiers, and aid, comfort, and encourage them in their patriotic work; bless them, shield them in the day of battle and the hour of peril, bear them in His mighty hand, make them strong and confident, invincible in the bloody onset; help them crush the foe, grant to them and to their flag and country imperishable honor and glory —

An aged stranger entered and moved with slow and noiseless step up the main aisle, his eyes fixed upon the minister, his long body clothed in a robe that reached to his feet, his head bare, his white hair descending in a frothy cataract to his shoulders, his seamy face unnaturally pale, pale even to ghastliness. With all eyes following him and wondering, he made his silent way; without pausing, he ascended to the preacher’s side and stood there waiting. With shut lids the preacher, unconscious of his presence, continued his moving prayer, and at last finished it with the words, uttered in fervent appeal, “Bless our arms, grant us the victory, O Lord and God, Father and Protector of our land and flag!”

The stranger touched his arm, motioned him to step aside — which the startled minister did — and took his place. During some moments he surveyed the spellbound audience with solemn eyes, in which burned an uncanny light; then in a deep voice he said:

“I come from the Throne — bearing a message from Almighty God!” The words smote the house with a shock; if the stranger perceived it he gave no attention. “He has heard the prayer of His servant your shepherd, and will grant it if such be your desire after I, His messenger, shall have explained to you its import — that is to say, its full import. For it is like unto many of the prayers of men, in that it asks for more than he who utters it is aware of — except he pause and think. “God’s servant and yours has prayed his prayer. Has he paused and taken thought? Is it one prayer? No, it is two — one uttered, and the other not. Both have reached the ear of Him who heareth all supplications, the spoken and the unspoken. Ponder this — keep it in mind. If you would beseech a blessing upon yourself, beware! lest without intent you invoke a curse upon your neighbor at the same time. If you pray for the blessing of rain on your crop which needs it, by that act you are possibly praying for a curse on some neighbor’s crop which may not need rain and can be injured by it.

“You have heard your servant’s prayer — the uttered part of it. I am commissioned by God to put into words the other part of it — that part which the pastor — and also you in your hearts — fervently prayed silently. And ignorantly and unthinkingly? God grant that it was so! You heard the words ‘Grant us the victory, O Lord our God!’ That is sufficient. The whole of the uttered prayer is compact into those pregnant words. Elaborations were not necessary. When you have prayed for victory you have prayed for many unmentioned results which follow victory — must follow it, cannot help but follow it. Upon the listening spirit of God fell also the unspoken part of the prayer. He commandeth me to put it into words. Listen!

“Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle — be Thou near them! With them — in spirit — we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it —

For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!
We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

(After a pause.) “Ye have prayed it; if ye still desire it, speak! The messenger of the Most High waits.”

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

No, either you can't read, or this is you pretending that I don't respond to peoples arguments for some dumb reason. I've responded plenty. I've been studiously ignoring you though, and reasonably so I think.

Then go ahead and show how logically if someone says Biden is bad it must mean they believe Trump is good.

Because that’s your obvious strawman.

And good job bragging about being unwilling to listen to criticisms you don’t like, that’s certainly posting about arguments and not posters.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

The proof that Biden will turn the Democratic Party into a climate denialist party is this thread where pro-biden people keep denying the science in SR15 on the grounds that “well actually Greenpeace have Biden a B so SR15 is wrong about the scale and scope of needed change.”

Or that some Op-Ed cancels out the peer reviewed work of the IPCC. That’s how the Democratic Party joins the Republican Party on climate.

i mean, all the proof you need are the obama years. obama bragged about how much he increased fossil fuel production in the us during his tenure. getting libs to even admit he didn't do enough is like pulling teeth, and we're loving 4 years out of that administration. the proof he didn't do enough is irrefutable. the climate crisis of today didn't pop out of the ether, it got worse enough during the last 12 years that it's existential now. but talk to a liberal and they'll only discuss how bad trump's been on it.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

Then go ahead and show how logically if someone says Biden is bad it must mean they believe Trump is good.

I haven't said that if you think Biden is bad they believe trump is good. This is something your conjured up by own weird delusions. I assume you know this, and that's the reason why you're not quoting me saying anything remotely like that. I've responded in this way to people who literally said it was better if trump was president because then "libs" would still think climate change was a problem, and that "they'd rather have trump".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I haven't said that if you think Biden is bad they believe trump is good. This is something your conjured up by own weird delusions. I assume you know this, and that's the reason why you're not quoting me saying anything remotely like that. I've responded in this way to people who literally said it was better if trump was president because then "libs" would still think climate change was a problem, and that "they'd rather have trump".

The argument is that it's not as clear-cut that Biden is better for the climate as you would have us believe, no one said anything about voting for Trump except you

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The reason you are stuck with Biden's " not good but better than Trump" is because you refuse acknowledge you have any other options you stupid fuckers

At some point you have to acknowledge "not good" is not good

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I haven't said that if you think Biden is bad they believe trump is good. This is something your conjured up by own weird delusions. I assume you know this, and that's the reason why you're not quoting me saying anything remotely like that.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Here you go:

Revelation 2-13 posted:

People are saying that climate outcomes might be worse under Biden because he’ll make the Democratic Party into a climate denialist party and your response was “just say you think trump is good and cool”.

That’s an obvious strawman to the rest of us.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I’ll make it clear that I don’t want a trump presidency and I’ll vote for a candidate that I think will address the problems America’s facing

That candidate is not rapey joe though

It’s unfortunate that libs have decided they want a rapist climate denialist for president. I will not help them with that

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 7, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

stuff like the traps the disabled get forced into with means testing is literally unthinkable to them because their brains simply cannot conceptualize a solution that isn't heavily means tested (unless it's about handouts to big business and wall street). What it comes down to is that if you're not able to work to make a business owner richer, you're not welcome in their society, because liberal ideology is an ALL ARE WELCOME HERE sign posted next to a BATHROOM IS FOR CUSTOMER USE ONLY. The hemming and hawing and silence comes from the conflict of what their value system demands they do and who they believe they are as a person.

How do you help disabled people at this point? Stuff like universal single payer healthcare and universal social welfare programs like UBI, aka stuff that party-approved Dems run campaigns emphatically opposing.

The official party line since Clinton formalized it has been "if you can't work or can't work much, it's because you're just naturally inferior to the rich and successful." Summers was a big proponent of this view and went far under Clinton and later Dems, and he's a close adviser to Biden as well

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

Here you go:

People are saying that climate outcomes might be worse under Biden because he’ll make the Democratic Party into a climate denialist party and your response was “just say you think trump is good and cool”.

That’s an obvious strawman to the rest of us.

I'm literally responding to someone who said they'd rather have trump, which is literally what my quote is. How are you this dense? Oh, it's performative denseness, I get it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i got owned
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't vote for any rapists, imo. Sorry if that's a little far out for some of the posters in this thread.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I have a question: Do you think always voting for the lesser of two evils perpetuates the system that constantly gives us choices like Trump and Biden? What type of role do you think the media plays in this? How can we stop this cycle?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

A large part of the media bullshit that caused this disaster in the making was, yet again, the dems being too accommodating to Repubs, in this case, the 'NeverTrumpers'.

https://twitter.com/DavidAstinWalsh/status/1258345505425428486

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I'm literally responding to someone who said they'd rather have trump, which is literally what my quote is. How are you this dense? Oh, it's performative denseness, I get it.

i would rather have a good president that will address climate change appropriately. and i'll vote accordingly

i can only hope libs will wake the gently caress up and vote appropriately too, but right now they're too busy chanting #votebluenomatterwho

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 7, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Nobody said they want Trump to be president, you are lying

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

i got owned posted:

Don't vote for any rapists, imo. Sorry if that's a little far out for some of the posters in this thread.

Yeah. I don't vote for right wingers or rapists. It means I'm not going to vote for Biden. I have standards.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't want Trump to be president, I just refuse to take part in such a corrupt system.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'm going to go ahead and listen to every climate scientist and climate activist when it comes to who would be the best choice for climate in November.

Would absolutely love to see any accelerationist quote a climate scientist who agrees.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
It amazing that people have already forgot that voting records and campaign donation sources mean infinitely more than campaign promises; as if we didn't just watch that play out with Obama and the majority of the Democratic candidates. Surely the party that bent over backwards to ratfuck the most progressive candidate will push progressive policy once the DNC favorite life-long conservative is in office. How gullible are establishment Democrats?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

I'm going to go ahead and listen to every climate scientist and climate activist when it comes to who would be the best choice for climate in November.

Would absolutely love to see any accelerationist quote a climate scientist who agrees.

I hope no one in your life ever comes to you for help after a sexual assault, then. Because it will be a fact that sometimes, you just don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bishyaler posted:

It amazing that people have already forgot that voting records and campaign donation sources mean infinitely more than campaign promises; as if we didn't just watch that play out with Obama and the majority of the Democratic candidates. Surely the party that bent over backwards to ratfuck the most progressive candidate will push progressive policy once the DNC favorite life-long conservative is in office. How gullible are establishment Democrats?

Its all projection of internal ideals of what a dem is (good) onto things.

Idealist nonsense