Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alien
Breaking Bad
Ghost World?
Evil Dead
Fistful of Dollars?
American Psycho?
John Wick
Mad Max
Sherlock Holmes
The Thing
?
X-Files

Yes (well, Aliens)
Yes
No (you're on the right track though)
No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
(this one is perhaps too obscure and/or poorly depicted)
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pretty sure 6 is Hannibal not American Psycho. I'm stumped on 3 and 11.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

3 is Daria

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty sure 6 is Hannibal

Correct

Correct

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's not Ghost World.

Yep.

I think FoD is GBU.
ED guess i'm pretty sure is 28 days later.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

True Detective

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The zombie in chains one is Day of the Dead right? The smart zombie and the rear end in a top hat army guy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

is the zombie one Return of the living dead?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

thebardyspoon posted:

The zombie in chains one is Day of the Dead right? The smart zombie and the rear end in a top hat army guy?

Correct! One of my favourite films. The 1985 original that is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

thebardyspoon posted:

Ah yeah...it's Bub.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Number 11 is the curve ball, but shares a common theme with several of the others...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lizard Combatant posted:

Number 11 is the curve ball, but shares a common theme with several of the others...

It makes me think of Matt Damon, Ben Affleck but that doesn't work. Oh wait...it's BCatSK?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No. 11 is True Detective S1

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

No. 11 is True Detective S1

Correct!

Thanks for playing

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Score!

:siren: Get $20 off a first time Walmart Grocery order (including Lego) with checkout code VISITORS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Score!

:siren: Get $20 off a first time Walmart Grocery order (including Lego) with checkout code VISITORS

Pretty sure this is dead as of 30 mins ago. Too good to last.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure this is dead as of 30 mins ago. Too good to last.

Ooh, I got the Hidden Side Shrimp Shack for $20 on it about an hour ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every time I check my A Wing it’s pushed back another day :sigh:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

Every time I check my A Wing it’s pushed back another day :sigh:

Mine just got in about an hour ago but I feel too lovely to build it today. Probably build the bonus set later though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Got my A-Wing yesterday which was fast all things considered. Did the promo build but finding myself trying to hold off on the main build till I'm really in the mood.

Is it bad that I'm already tempted to order more lego? Thankfully I can kinda fight the urge since i figure I should only buy when there's a good gift-with-purchase. :v:

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Regarding order speeds, I ordered the A-Wing and D-0 on Monday and they arrived earlier today.

The kicker is that they arrived before the email saying that they'd been shipped.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mine was supposed to come on the 4th, the 5th, then the 6th, then the 7th, and now the 8th. Very reassuring. Probably won't order from Lego online again tbh. I prefer to go to the Lego store anyways. Obviously they are closed atm though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Mine was supposed to come on the 4th, the 5th, then the 6th, then the 7th, and now the 8th. Very reassuring. Probably won't order from Lego online again tbh. I prefer to go to the Lego store anyways. Obviously they are closed atm though.

I would assume these sorts of delays are due to the global pandemic happening, not necessarily because of lego running an incompetant online store. But I mean, anything's possible.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lego knows that no matter what, he's just going to keep coming anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, don't judge Lego's online store based on what's going on right now. It's always been good for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve just reached bag 6 of the Ideas Treehouse, and drat it’s taken me a while to get here. This is a surprisingly complicated build.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I would assume these sorts of delays are due to the global pandemic happening, not necessarily because of lego running an incompetant online store. But I mean, anything's possible.

This is pretty typical for them. Hot new set hits the store, the store melts down because I guess they still can't predict that people are going to want to buy hot new thing and scale up the servers beforehand. Orders may/may not process and then shipping delays are announced.

The set will eventually show up, but not fast enough for certain types.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I ordered Pirates of Barracuda Bay on April 7th. Still says "Backordered". I'm wondering if I'll ever get it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You'll get it when it's back in stock.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

You'll get it when it's back in stock.

Yes, but I'm having to wait for something that I want now and I'm having trouble coping in these modern times. EDIT... so much trouble I decided to create my own pirate ship, using the rowboat as a base. Still a work in progress, especially the colors. I was kind of going for a mini-Seacow with the proportions.

sim fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 7, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, don't judge Lego's online store based on what's going on right now. It's always been good for me.

I'm not judging it. I'd just rather go to the store in the first place. Obviously abnormal circumstances right now, but I imagine that if I'm alive next year when the next big set I want comes out, the stores will be open again. Going to the Lego store is fun. Just a more satisfying experience imo.

Anyways, I updated the safety features on the little exosuit and turned it into more of a utility mech (Aka was bored and changed it) than a gun thing. It can also fly now.

What do you guys think? Improvement, or did I mess with it too much? I think it looks cleaner now.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not judging it. I'd just rather go to the store in the first place. Obviously abnormal circumstances right now, but I imagine that if I'm alive next year when the next big set I want comes out, the stores will be open again. Going to the Lego store is fun. Just a more satisfying experience imo.

Is going to a LEGO shop fun though? The only two I have been to are the Arndale Center in Manchester UK and the one in London and they have been absolute carnage. Just utter chaos. The London one has security guards and is usually heaving. Honestly, one of the most unpleasant shopping experiences for me. The Arndale is better, but still usually quite busy.

Edit, after thinking about it a bit, I realised that I have also been to the Milton Keynes, Liverpool and Southampton ones, they are all merged together in my brain as just one heaving mass of people.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sim posted:

Yes, but I'm having to wait for something that I want now and I'm having trouble coping in these modern times. EDIT... so much trouble I decided to create my own pirate ship, using the rowboat as a base. Still a work in progress, especially the colors. I was kind of going for a mini-Seacow with the proportions.

Ha! That's a really awesome design, I love it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

sim posted:

That's a cutie. Reminds me of those Elizabethan era ships that were like a castle on a barge for shooting fools from

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Going to the lego store is always awkward. because there's always some Kiosk outside it and the person wants to talk to me and I just want to get out of society.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Almost done with the Ninjago harbor and the closer I get the sadder I am that they're not going to make more sets. It's so goddamn detailed and I can see it's going to fit really well together with the city as well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lego store only opened up in my city like half a year ago, but it was really fun being able to see tons of big sets on shelves that I'm not used of seeing and getting to go home with a big haul of sets on my birthday, rather then settling for whatever I can find at somewhere like Toys R Us.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

uXs posted:

Almost done with the Ninjago harbor and the closer I get the sadder I am that they're not going to make more sets. It's so goddamn detailed and I can see it's going to fit really well together with the city as well.

They really are the best. Zero regrets about either of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mitochondritom posted:

Is going to a LEGO shop fun though? The only two I have been to are the Arndale Center in Manchester UK and the one in London and they have been absolute carnage. Just utter chaos. The London one has security guards and is usually heaving. Honestly, one of the most unpleasant shopping experiences for me. The Arndale is better, but still usually quite busy.

Edit, after thinking about it a bit, I realised that I have also been to the Milton Keynes, Liverpool and Southampton ones, they are all merged together in my brain as just one heaving mass of people.

Maybe it depends on where you live. The ones around Denver aren't too bad. They are always sort of busy but not annoyingly so. And it's cool being able to see all the sets on display. There's been a bunch of almost wussed out on buying until I saw how cool they were in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sim
Sep 24, 2003

sigher posted:

Ha! That's a really awesome design, I love it.

Thank you! The constraints of a 4 stud-wide base is a fun challenge.

Brawnfire posted:

That's a cutie. Reminds me of those Elizabethan era ships that were like a castle on a barge for shooting fools from

You mean like these? They are insane!