Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Golf was the subject of a legendary practice group lunch conversation between two partners. One of whom complained about the stupidity of golf as a banal activity, as you're hitting a small ball with a stick toward a hole. The other of whom then questioned Partner in the First Part's view toward sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Let's bring back croquet.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Nature is returning.

Look at these beautiful creatures flocking back to their natural habitat.

https://twitter.com/TheFlaBar/status/1257826918461833218

Humanity is the virus.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

SlyFrog posted:

Golf was the subject of a legendary practice group lunch conversation between two partners. One of whom complained about the stupidity of golf as a banal activity, as you're hitting a small ball with a stick toward a hole. The other of whom then questioned Partner in the First Part's view toward sex.

Just re partner in the first part

https://youtu.be/G_Sy6oiJbEk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have never golfed.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have never golfed.

Does minigolf count? Does a driving range? Does Caddying? Otherwise same.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I'm still waiting on the next grandma party golf installment

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
I played a little golf in law school but over the years my game has atrophied to the point it's pretty embarrassing. My crowning achievement was years ago at a local bar golf scramble when I was paired with a group of attorneys I knew who were semi pros. Hoping to chip onto the green, I wildly overshot and hit the cart where the most senior attorney was sitting in inches from his head. He didn't say a word but just turned around and looked at me. He didn't even look angry. It was just the coldest most disappointing stare I've ever seen.

The lunch was pretty baller tho.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Vox Nihili posted:

more like:

^^^^^^^
What texans think they look like

What they actually look like:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
We're fatter than that.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Just re partner in the first part

https://youtu.be/G_Sy6oiJbEk

This is beautiful.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
https://mobile.twitter.com/cspanJeremy/status/1258076164234579969

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
From my brother today, who runs restaurants:

quote:

. I have an irate customer who called the wrong store to complain about her order. She cussed out a 17 year old and then called our staff incompetent. Turns out she's complaining about not getting pita on an order of gluten free hummus.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

We talked about kid movies a while ago and I mentioned Song of the Sea which you should watch with your kids if you want to be a blubbering baby who feels things. It’s on Netflix again and I highly recommend it, it’s great.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

We talked about kid movies a while ago and I mentioned Song of the Sea which you should watch with your kids if you want to be a blubbering baby who feels things. It’s on Netflix again and I highly recommend it, it’s great.

"with your kids"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

blarzgh posted:

"with your kids"

It’s a pretty complex story actually, about resentment and grief and dealing with loss. Kid stuff.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I watched it years ago, by myself

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I wonder if I can deduct what I spend on Amazon movies as a childcare expense this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I got my balls snipped 3 years ago so I don’t have to worry about kids.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
https://twitter.com/MikeBalsamo1/status/1258463269897060353

Lmao anyone still working for DOJ is a clown.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The prosecutor resigned and a toady filed it for Barr instead.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I don't know anything about how this works, but can the judge say nah to him withdrawing his guilty plea and sentence him anyway?

I know that's fodder for Trump to cry RIGGED and use it as an excuse to pardon him, but still.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

Lmao anyone still working for DOJ is a clown.

They always have been, the circus is just requiring more pies to the face lately.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Look Sir Droids posted:

I don't know anything about how this works, but can the judge say nah to him withdrawing his guilty plea and sentence him anyway?

I know that's fodder for Trump to cry RIGGED and use it as an excuse to pardon him, but still.

someone in USPOL said the judge doesnt have to accept it but i dont know if its accurate. Federal judges just do whatever the gently caress they want anyways

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Look Sir Droids posted:

I dunno about Federal court, but in my State court, if the plea has been accepted by the Court, it's the Courts. It would be out of the State's hands at that point. The prosecutor can't reach into the court file and shred the judgment. Only the Court can undo a Court's judgment.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

SlothBear posted:

They always have been, the circus is just requiring more pies to the face lately.

That's a wonderful way to put it.

e: it's a motion to dismiss, the judge technically has the discretion to deny it.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 7, 2020

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

That's a wonderful way to put it.

e: it's a motion to dismiss, the judge technically has the discretion to deny it.

I also heard the Court has to grant leave for them to file it, and the Court can just deny leave??

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The prosecutor resigned and a toady filed it for Barr instead.

It's typical for attorneys to file these things, yeah.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

blarzgh posted:

I also heard the Court has to grant leave for them to file it, and the Court can just deny leave??

That seems pretty byzantine, even for the feds. Maybe in civil, where there may be counterclaims that would still need to be litigated?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Love negotiating with another lawyer while making GBS threads on my toilet and hearing their kids on the other end screaming at them, glad I went to law school

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

EwokEntourage posted:

someone in USPOL said the judge doesnt have to accept it but i dont know if its accurate. Federal judges just do whatever the gently caress they want anyways

I think the issue is also if it would survive an appeal but who the gently caress knows, the rules don't matter anymore.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Barr, asked about this, said winners write history.

RIP lol

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 8, 2020

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

Barr, asked about this, said winners write history.

RIP lol

Cool thing to say when there’s a new contest every four years

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Cool thing to say when there’s a new contest every four years

yeah. sure hope no one fills the positions responsible for regulating those contests with corrupt toadies with an entirely instrumental view of the law

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Don’t dox me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trump and Biden are the Gorbachevs and Chernenkos of our dying nation.

Also, if Biden wins, he will pardon Trump and refuse to prosecute his associates as a "gesture" to "heal the nation" (read: to maintain and expand executive power). You heard it here first.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump and Biden are the Gorbachevs and Chernenkos of our dying nation.

Also, if Biden wins, he will pardon Trump and refuse to prosecute his associates as a "gesture" to "heal the nation" (read: to maintain and expand executive power). You heard it here first.

no he won't, and even if he tried, new york is gonna go after every single one

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

I wanna see Trump feigning dementia and rolling into court with an oxygen tank and arm braces, like a mob boss/Nazi guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

There's no way Biden will pardon Trump or anyone in his administration. Institutionally, he shouldn't have a strong opinion on putting Trump associates in jail since the President is supposed to stay out of it. His choice of AG may give some indication on how hard he wants to go at them. But I can't imagine, either practically or in terms of political calculus, how being soft on Trump associates would help him or the country.