Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

This sample size is literally meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

incest is the absolutely bulletproof way to make sure you keep the white race pure

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Skyarb posted:

This sample size is literally meaningless.

Actually since autopsies were suspended in most states this data is pretty helpful if not definitively representative.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Yeah this is why we probably won't be seeing sports for awhile once athletes understand they may be facing significant reduction of lung function if they get sick.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pigz posted:

Yeah this is why we probably won't be seeing sports for awhile once athletes understand they may be facing significant reduction of lung function if they get sick.

the most popular sport turns your brain into pudding you sure about that bro?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

incest is the absolutely bulletproof way to make sure you keep the white race pure

It's called extreme inbreeding and it's apparently written about a lot in British tabloids

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

doesn't affect your ability to play until well after you retire, for most players anyway

if you can't breathe you can't sprint down the field

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

It's called extreme inbreeding and it's apparently written about a lot in British tabloids

it also seems to be practiced a lot in britain given how some of them look

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
So why not just put everyone on baby aspirin now as a preventative measure if clotting is what's sending people to the hospital

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

doesn't affect your ability to play until well after you retire, for most players anyway

not with that attitude

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pigz posted:

Bold to post this the day NFL unveiled their schedule for the year, MLB leaked to ESPN they're preparing for games to resume in June, and NHL told NYPost they're discussing a return for a playoff tournament

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

MorrisBae posted:

So why not just put everyone on baby aspirin now as a preventative measure if clotting is what's sending people to the hospital

because thinning your blood too much can cause a brain bleed. much like blood pressure, having the right amount of clottability in your blood is in the middle of two extremes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Bold to post this the day NFL unveiled their schedule for the year, MLB leaked to ESPN they're preparing for games to resume in June, and NHL told NYPost they're discussing a return for a playoff tournament

An NHL analyst was on the radio here outright blaming "democratic governors" if the league fails

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

MorrisBae posted:

yeah I was pondering the same thing earlier, I actually bought a huge bottle not too long ago when the blood clotting factor became one of the things just out of AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

because thinning your blood too much can cause a brain bleed. much like blood pressure, having the right amount of clottability in your blood is in the middle of two extremes

Yeah but isn't like everyone over the age of 50 supposed to take baby aspirin anyway - baby aspirin is low-dose for a reason

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MorrisBae posted:

also most people are going to the hospital with turbofucked lungs and even if the advanced stages of the disease had no clotting stuff going on u would still die of ARDS/kidneys hosed/everything else that comes from extreme sickness and hypoxia

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1258214513112838144

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Real good thread on transmission dynamics: https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1257392347010215947

Summary points:
https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1257393261540519936

I think that the timing of reopening orders and the amount of indoor places that have prolonged exposure and droplet generation will be the best predictor of where the next outbreaks occur. Look for places opening churches and gyms or places that have high public transit usage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Real good thread on transmission dynamics: https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1257392347010215947

Summary points:
https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1257393261540519936

I think that the timing of reopening orders and the amount of indoor places that have prolonged exposure and droplet generation will be the best predictor of where the next outbreaks occur. Look for places opening churches and gyms or places that have high public transit usage.

Yeah it's a great thing nobody goes home anymore now that everything is opening up

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Chris James 2 posted:

Which is going to be more disastrous, states reopening on the 4th of July, or a country full of idiots setting fireworks off near their homes and burning it to the ground accidentally because the alternative is staying inside and doing nothing dumb during firework day

god, all I want from lockdown 4th is one massively devastating fire in one American city. I don't think that's too much to ask

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why did they shoot the alligator ??

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

they’re cops op they have one button

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brief reminder that Nate is some type of libertarian

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/johnmyers/status/1258411578795241473?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Der Meister posted:

they’re cops op they have one button

if only the alligator was white :(

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

A very good question

Did they think she had Snork-like oxygen retention

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
yeah, that’s why california is opening up again

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Dont need brain to run fast

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's going to be real interesting what the various players unions do, since it pretty much all hinges on them.

I don't think concussions/CTE is a fair comparison for how they might react since coronavirus hasn't been an accepted risk of playing sports in the way that concussions were in football.

I think once it becomes common knowledge that coronavirus can cause irreversible damage, they're going to all go "lol no" and refuse to play. None of them want to risk future contracts because the owners are getting antsy.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

must have confused it for a dog

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

what does "ability to play" have to do with professional sports

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CTE doesn’t spread to your family either

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

must have confused it for a dog

big loving scale dog

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Chris benoit spread his cte to his family

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

once I hit a deer with my car, called the state troopers to get a report for insurance. the pig that showed up immediately asked if the deer was dead and was disappointed that he wouldnt be able to shoot it. then he spent half an hour reminiscing about his favorite activity in the world after shooting stuff, which was arresting Latinos for felony transportation of alcohol for going to the neighboring county to buy beer. american police exist for no other reason than to inflict harm.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

euphronius posted:

CTE doesn’t spread to your family either

tell that to chris benoit

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Given all of this stuff about close quarters sustained contact driving transmission, how hosed are wildland firefighters? Are they going to light up like a meatpacking plant once fire season kicks off?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah I may be a bit optimistic, but I keep thinking the high profile players who aren't chuds who make plenty of money are going to start weighing the risk of playing some bullshit half assed season.

I'm guess I'm mostly talking mlb here.

The NFL has the luxury of all tis teams being in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Given all of this stuff about close quarters sustained contact driving transmission, how hosed are wildland firefighters? Are they going to light up like a meatpacking plant once fire season kicks off?

oh most definitely.

unless the heated air rapidly mutates the virus, as heat tends to do according to the Andromeda Strain study that Michael Crichton did