Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Didn't they use big nets on carriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What if we put a big fan at the other end of the runway so they always land into a headwind

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You would also need fans along the length of the runway to equalize the crosswind.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
really a big fan should be part of the takeoff and landing zone instead of trying to put it into the plane and ending up with a busted piece of crap aircraft. Then any normal plane can go vertical and we can all save space on airports

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why not just land planes in a wind tunnel?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
they already have poo poo like this

why not do this for the whole runway?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/hRiqX2c.gifv

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Nope

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

these videos always make me realize how much of our OSHA is only necessary bc americans are obese and clumsy and in normal countries people can just basically do whatever bc they dont weigh twice or three times what they are supposed to

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

This man is an aspiration to back yard a tree surgeons the world over.

schmug
May 20, 2007

shovelbum posted:

these videos always make me realize how much of our OSHA is only necessary bc americans are obese and clumsy and in normal countries people can just basically do whatever bc they dont weigh twice or three times what they are supposed to

lmao yeah that's why

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

"Safety regulations are written in the blood of our fellow laborers" becomes

shovelbum posted:

lol fat americans

no wonder labor unions are dying.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fumble posted:

This man is an aspiration to back yard a tree surgeons the world over.
And normal surgeons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

It's the next evolutionary step after slavic squat. In the final phase you levitate at will.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

SLOSifl posted:

And normal surgeons.

*wraps legs around patient, applies back side of scalpel*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That dude is ripped

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Burt Sexual posted:

That dude is will be ripped in half

Fixed that for you

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

shovelbum posted:

People may drag you for the half of this that's a dreadful take, so for variety I'm gonna agree with you on the half that's mostly correct. I know I'd feel better if I had a job in the fresh tropical air that left me looking like I'm made of knotted steel cable.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It's true, anime has taught me that working out makes you invincible

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Can't have fat labor if you don't give them enough food :colbert:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A guy that experienced at lumberjacking probably has enough hit points that he could probably take 1 or 2 kickbacks even without armor and heal back up with a ration.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/6S26vnv.mp4

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

BMan posted:

It's true, anime has taught me that working out makes you invincible

JoJo's Biz: Arbor Venture

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hadn't seen anything about this yet. Since it's India we won't the the CSB video explaining what went wrong.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/india-gas-leak-lg-polymers-visakhapatnam-vizag-at-least-a-dozen-deaths-today-2020-05-07/

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Ok, that looked like it hurt

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

a primate posted:

Ok, that looked like it hurt

There... has... to be... a better... way... to hang... my handbag! @#¤§!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Shoes on, she’s fine

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh my god. I used to drive forklift and just smacking your shins on the forks hurts for days. I can’t fathom that woman’s pain

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Any ideas who makes that chainsaw? Looks too dark to be a Husqvarna, doesn't look like an Echo. Nobody on Earth owns a Shindaiwa...

shovelbum posted:

What about the videos where the tree becomes a catapult?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cat Hatter posted:

Any ideas who makes that chainsaw? Looks too dark to be a Husqvarna, doesn't look like an Echo. Nobody on Earth owns a Shindaiwa...

Huyosen maybe?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cat Hatter posted:

What about the videos where the tree becomes a catapult?

Did you look at that dude? The tree wouldn't dare.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Not gonna lie: when he cut that top part off I legit expected something out of looney toons where the top stood in place and the rest fell over.

The one and ONLY forklift accident that wasn't the operator's fault.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Alkydere posted:

Pretty sure you're not supposed to chill with the forks at decapitation-height, but I'm not a forkfuckler

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

having recently watched The Wild Goose Lake, this is very unpleasant to see

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Well she should have paid better attention, but it was probably difficult to see those thin forks at the angle she was at. What's the best practice for setting the height of the forks when not in use? I would assume it's relatively low, not face-height, but I don't really know. I imagine her day would've been a lot less terrible for her if her moped had crashed into the forks set at 6" off the ground instead of the forks crashing into her face at 4' off the ground.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 7, 2020

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Alkydere posted:

Not gonna lie: when he cut that top part off I legit expected something out of looney toons where the top stood in place and the rest fell over.

That's 100% the operator's fault. She could've paid more attention, but as the operator you are supposed to keep the forks just slightly above the ground any time you aren't doing actual work with them that needs it. If you haven't seen that rule in instructional video then it will become obvious to you after you yourself walk into the forks of your own forklift. They are surprisingly difficult to notice.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 7, 2020

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
That lady would have lost it after running over the forks on the ground, but taking them to the face had to be a life-altering event. Ouch!

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Sininu posted:

That's 100% the operator's fault. She could've paid more attention, but as the operator you are supposed to keep the forks just slightly above the ground any time you aren't doing actual work with them that needs it. If you haven't seen that rule in instructional video then it will become obvious to you after you yourself walk into the forks of your own forklift. They are surprisingly difficult to notice.

I know we'd get in trouble if when parked we didn't angle down the forks so the tips were on the ground, in effort to create as small a tripping hazard as they could reasonable have.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Some of the scariest OSHAs are when it's clear that it's a technique the person has been using for a long time and is very well practiced at.

e: I know I've posted about it before, but maybe it was in the previous iteration of this thread: that video of the lady running into the forklift should give anybody who's ever worked on an aircraft carrier some serious sympathy, because the F/A-18 has a ton of stuff that hangs right at forehead level, and FOD walkdown requires you to walk through a hangar bay full of the things while carefully looking down at the ground instead of looking up to watch out for weapon racks and stabilators. The more conscientious squadrons put foam pool noodles on the most bonkable parts of the wings and tail, but still, pretty much everyone is destined to smack their heads into something a few times.

Wingnut Ninja fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

JoJo's Biz: Arbor Venture

:golfclap: