Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Azathoth posted:

It's going to be real interesting what the various players unions do, since it pretty much all hinges on them.

I don't think concussions/CTE is a fair comparison for how they might react since coronavirus hasn't been an accepted risk of playing sports in the way that concussions were in football.

I think once it becomes common knowledge that coronavirus can cause irreversible damage, they're going to all go "lol no" and refuse to play. None of them want to risk future contracts because the owners are getting antsy.

Yeah CTE is a problem maybe down the road after their money gets made. Covid loving up your lungs hurts their money making now. Also CTE is only a real problem in football and somewhat in hockey.

LionYeti has issued a correction as of 21:53 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

trump’s gonna twist the knife many many times

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CA gotta print its own money

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Trumpbux finally arrived wewt

lol it’s just a naked check in an envelope no letter or stupid signature, just President Donald J Trump on the memo line wtf

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the letter from trumbo comes later

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Azathoth posted:

It's going to be real interesting what the various players unions do, since it pretty much all hinges on them.

I don't think concussions/CTE is a fair comparison for how they might react since coronavirus hasn't been an accepted risk of playing sports in the way that concussions were in football.

I think once it becomes common knowledge that coronavirus can cause irreversible damage, they're going to all go "lol no" and refuse to play. None of them want to risk future contracts because the owners are getting antsy.

The Germans are planning to restart the Bundesliga in empty stadiums. I expect we'll do the same here, with constant testing of athletes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my trumbo letter has a place of honor on the fridge

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Man Musk posted:

Trumpbux finally arrived wewt

lol it’s just a naked check in an envelope no letter or stupid signature, just President Donald J Trump on the memo line wtf

The letter comes later. I thought I was getting audited by the IRS until I opened it up and saw TRMOPS big stupid signature.

Edit: lol mine's also magneted to the fridge

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

euphronius posted:

hope its the spanish side

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nodelphi posted:

Actually since autopsies were suspended in most states this data is pretty helpful if not definitively representative.

Luv to make sure we know as little as possible about a disease killing thousands of people a day.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

hope its the spanish side

no. and I have tremendous underlined

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I adore the font they use for symptoms

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

GavinCoin

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

euphronius posted:

How are Trumpbux trading with Calipeso GavinCoin on forex?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I just skimmed it and put it into he recycling like all the other trash that comes in the mail.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

really didn’t think Cali would eviscerate schools again and yet here we are. poor kids

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

euphronius posted:

why did they shoot the alligator ??

gotta put em down once they got a taste for human flesh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The LA Times loving sucks. This "reporter" is aggregating two fiscal years together as one to get this figure.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Nothus posted:

The Germans are planning to restart the Bundesliga in empty stadiums. I expect we'll do the same here, with constant testing of athletes.

Remember when that guy infected his whole team because he said people were taking this too serious

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you could probably save the 50$ billion by not remitting taxes to the federal government

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Der Meister posted:

really didn’t think Cali would eviscerate schools again and yet here we are. poor kids

more and more libertarian (minus gun control) every year. Any Southern blue city that has instituted anti-eviction laws is more fiscally progressive

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Vox Nihili posted:

The LA Times loving sucks. This "reporter" is aggregating two fiscal years together as one to get this figure.

the capitalist media won’t say poo poo about all the deep red places in the hole either

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Arrowhead Stadium is an American football stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, United States. It primarily serves as the home venue of the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League Arrowhead Stadium has a seating capacity of 76,416,

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Oh yeah, and Newsom is going to collapse like the US economy and feed his population to Coranasaggothh.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

power word- Jeb! posted:

what if they get a taste for suckin dicks and eatin rear end op

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crazypoops posted:

Oh yeah, and Newsom is going to collapse like the US economy and feed his population to Coranasaggothh.

PG&E Bailout 2: electric ah gently caress

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

thank you for your service

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

facetoucher cat posted:

I adore the font they use for symptoms

reported to the local authorities

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

shovelbum posted:

what if they get a taste for suckin dicks and eatin rear end op

buy them an account

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

money isnt real like just feed people and stop rent

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

power word- Jeb! posted:

why are ceo's still alive then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/latimeshealth/status/1258486267739701248

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hi coronavirus patient, i'm dad

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crazypoops posted:

buy them an account

suckodiles and assigators

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

got any sevens posted:

money isnt real like just feed people and stop rent

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME HAVE NUTRITION AND SHELTER gently caress YOU!!! *blows his brains out straight through his maga hat*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CUM DEATH

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nothus posted:

I don't know why this would make it any safer for the athletes except for maybe the NBA where the fans are within literal spitting distance of the players.

There's still the small army of coaches, trainers, and other various support staff that the players interact with, and unless they're going to literally build an Olympic village where they'll all live in isolation, it's only a matter of time until it loving sweeps through every team

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I wonder how they found out

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Then why haven't I caught it yet? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004