Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I get a 404 error

samesies

edit: that's a lovely thing to start a new page with, so I'll just leave this this Yamaha Virago/Ducati 1098 hybrid thing here instead:

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm just imagining the front end tilting up and peeling the frame off the top of the motor like a sardine can, every bolt popping off in sequence like giant snaps.

Alternatively: first big bump the engine just falls the gently caress out the bottom, Ducati suspension carries on by itself.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Ironically the only Japanese part left on that bike is the motor, and it's somehow the least reliable.
I like the style but Viragos are the worst loving bikes. It's probably just going to hang out in some dude's living room anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

If anyone's after a fun moto doc, some idiot friends of mine rode their scooters across the US and filmed it: Slow Ride Home. It made the rounds at some smaller film festivals and is finally on Prime, or you can buy it at their site. They basically prank each other the whole way and suffer, a lot. It's good watchin'.
Nice, looks like a lot of fun, I'm putting it on my list to buy!

YouTube's algorithm's threw a newish TT doc at me not long ago, I always eat those up, this one focuses on one of the new guys Dominic Herbertson and the 2018 TT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMv0ETbbYdk

Charismatic young guy, seems like he has a good career ahead of him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Simon Pegg and Henry Cavil carried the last MI.

Can't disagree, Cavill's arm reload alone was worth the price of admission

It's almost a shame they didn't include the shotgun rack sound effect from the gif

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

YouTube's algorithm's threw a newish TT doc at me not long ago, I always eat those up, this one focuses on one of the new guys Dominic Herbertson and the 2018 TT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMv0ETbbYdk

Charismatic young guy, seems like he has a good career ahead of him.

That was a good video, definitely worth watching

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

If anyone's after a fun moto doc, some idiot friends of mine rode their scooters across the US and filmed it: Slow Ride Home. It made the rounds at some smaller film festivals and is finally on Prime, or you can buy it at their site. They basically prank each other the whole way and suffer, a lot. It's good watchin'.

Ok just how stoned are these goobers

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

https://youtu.be/LuwyXMPA5sE

Dude's 636 caught on fire in front of me. Sure it's been hot here lately but drat

He'd just filled the tank, and it looks like gas leaked down and was ignited by the exhaust (that had no can), it's a stunter bike and was pretty beat up.

Someone with a fire extinguisher stopped thankfully, I went to get water but I don't think it would have been quick enough

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

RightClickSaveAs posted:

it's a stunter bike and was pretty beat up.

I was gonna say, you can tell by the way he gets off and immediately whips the seat off (and starts blowing on the battery lmao) without having to unlock anything

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Seems like your first "You're on fire" was taken as a complement.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Deeters posted:

Seems like your first "You're on fire" was taken as a complement.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was gonna say, you can tell by the way he gets off and immediately whips the seat off (and starts blowing on the battery lmao) without having to unlock anything

My first two thoughts watching the video were, "his response to 'dude you're on fire' is to take off and do a wheelie" and "wow why did his seat come up right away?"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Maybe he thought you said, "do a burnout."

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

What is the opposite of "an embarrassment of riches"?

http://www.pipeburn.com/bikeshow/

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
That tank is put on backwards on purpose right? Makes it look like its about to fall off.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

A pile of poo.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J973Ekyjh0

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Supradog posted:

That tank is put on backwards on purpose right? Makes it look like its about to fall off.

You just don't have the "artist's" "vision". I have to admit this looks cool minus the dorky paint job and headlight:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwXSquU4MI&t=540s

🤔

Gorson posted:

help me

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 4, 2020

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I saw that too but decorum forbid me to post it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It helps that I have no shame

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Martytoof posted:

It helps that I have no shame

The single side gateway to hell is interesting, but I'm not sure why anyone would stud street bike tires.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Gorson posted:

The single side gateway to hell is interesting, but I'm not sure why anyone would stud street bike tires.

A Russian shop made it, which explains the whole thing rather succinctly

edit: oh man, that Hawk on page 2 of the cafe racer section. :smith:

edit 2: what the everloving gently caress is wrong with people

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 4, 2020

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

A Russian shop made it, which explains the whole thing rather succinctly

edit: oh man, that Hawk on page 2 of the cafe racer section. :smith:

edit 2: what the everloving gently caress is wrong with people

"Why oh why can't my motorcycle be more like a horse?"

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
1) a whole bunch of people itt who mooned over some dire straights uggwings now thinking they can throw shade on like any motorcycle.

2) niken alike ice bike with speeder controls kinda owns in a "way to die horribly" kind of way. I'd ride it.

3) k bike custom conversions are fine because sometimes they look great and worst case nothing of value is lost. I wish people would start stripping and converting oldwings so we can get them off this godforsaken earth. An angle grinder for every aspencade. Start with the fairings.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 4, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

1) a whole bunch of people itt who mooned over some dire straights uggwings now thinking they can throw shade on like any motorcycle.

2) niken alike ice bike with speeder controls kinda owns in a "way to die horribly" kind of way. I'd ride it.

3) k bike custom conversions are fine because sometimes they look great and worst case nothing of value is lost. I wish people would start stripping and converting oldwings so we can get them off this godforsaken earth. An angle grinder for every aspencade. Start with the fairings.

lookit this guy who doesn't appreciate art

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Coydog posted:

Was an article about this in the bike mag; he threw the fairing in the trash, people got mad at him for that.

http://www.cafebike.nl/

It's very well done and I like it, other than the lack of fenders.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

High Protein posted:

Was an article about this in the bike mag; he threw the fairing in the trash, people got mad at him for that.

http://www.cafebike.nl/

It's very well done and I like it, other than the lack of fenders.

This is incredibly my poo poo, all except the headlights. I'm partial to a big single on old bikes.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't know how long your arms are, but clipons on the standard bike are extremely uncomfortable for my 5'9" frame. Especially with a flat seat like that. That's one of the issue with those cafe conversions that use skateboard decks as seats

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Why did they mount the carbs right in your knee?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
B/c you don't want to push it forward and have unequal length intake runners? IDK, just spitballing here. Does seem like there's some wasted free space under the tank though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The area under the tank is where the factory carbs and airbox live, those look like twin choke weberssolex? off of a car.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

I don't care that someone customized a K bike - god knows there are a shitload of K bike cafe conversions out there - but trying to turn one into an Indian Chief? Mint green paint? Woof

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My dad is going out of his mind with boredom due to the lockdown and this has lead to inordinate time and money being spent on his motorbike.

You may or may not remember that I sold him my old Honda VTR1000F firestorm when I got my Suzuki. This one:

Well he's since bought new brake rotors, changed the yoke/bars for a higher riding position (since this is the older model with racier position) and will be installing braided brake and clutch lines, reupholstering the seat with more padding, acquired a 20 year old OEM Honda screen from gently caress even knows where, belly pan fairing, ceramic coating the exhaust and polishing the wheels. Dudes going insane with boredom and at the end he's going to have the nicest mostly stock VTR in the country and eventually I'll inherit it when he's done with it in way better condition than when I sold it to him.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 5, 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Ten years ago the VTR1000F was my dream bike

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FBS posted:

Ten years ago the VTR1000F was my dream bike

Still the nicest handling bike I've ever owned through the twisties. Only the riding position was poison on my soft weak body so after a few hours the experience sours. The Aprilia gets 95% of the way there in terms of feeling and handling and is more comfortable so for me is better overall.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Why is that VTR lying on its side? Is it going to be okay? :ohdear:

I am seriously considering switching up to a 83-86 CB650SC just for the gauge cluster alone:

This is glorious and I want it. :c00l:

vvvv Oh my god, I can't believe I walked into that.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 7, 2020

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ulf posted:

It's just two tired, so it's taking a nap.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ulf posted:

I am seriously considering switching up to a 83-86 CB650SC just for the gauge cluster alone:

This is glorious and I want it. :c00l:

vvvv Oh my god, I can't believe I walked into that.

80’s Honda aesthetic is :kiss:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

80’s Honda aesthetic is :kiss:

This popped up on Facebook Marketplace and I love the absolute 80s everything

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2699225910357729/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Martytoof posted:

This popped up on Facebook Marketplace and I love the absolute 80s everything

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2699225910357729/

These are incredibly hard to find in good shape nowadays, they are also slightly faster than a modern vtr.