Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Man, I really should keep up with this series more closely. Tatsumaki turning the base inside out needs to be hung up in the Louvre. Also, the last chapter was good and chill, but also hype with all the warriors converging onto Psykos's location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Supersonic Shine posted:

Man, I really should keep up with this series more closely. Tatsumaki turning the base inside out needs to be hung up in the Louvre. Also, the last chapter was good and chill, but also hype with all the warriors converging onto Psykos's location.

Yeah, but only two can join Tatsumaki in battle. The others have to sit in the menu.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Murata has delved deep into the back catalogue to update an old chapter (Handsome Face vs the Mercs and Do-S) for reasons known only to himself. Enjoy the game of spot the difference.

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156644566768

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Popo posted:

Murata has delved deep into the back catalogue to update an old chapter (Handsome Face vs the Mercs and Do-S) for reasons known only to himself. Enjoy the game of spot the difference.

Pretty easy this time actually.
Looks very good though

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Popo posted:

That's a very big freaking change actually.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
murata changed it so that it foreshadows the recent chapters of one's version.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

murata changed it so that it foreshadows the recent chapters of one's version.

They will also have to change Mask's dialogue with Tatsumaki later

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JamMasterJim posted:

They will also have to change Mask's dialogue with Tatsumaki later

just a cascading domino effect of rewrites and redrawings until finally we're back to reading chapter one

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

just a cascading domino effect of rewrites and redrawings until finally we're back to reading chapter one

148 pages Vaccine Man vs other S-class Heroes until Saitama KIng arrives.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JamMasterJim posted:

That's a very big freaking change actually.

Yeah I saw what he did for her breast size on the 2nd page too.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Wow that's a massive change, and honestly an outright improvement to the old version? Much quicker fight, the mercs don't die thanks to Iaian and Bushi-Drill's help, and Sweet Mask remains extremely brutal and that eye injury thing is both terrifying and awesome.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure how I feel about Murata straight up retconning older chapters but I guess that is a better look at Sweet Mask’s character than the original.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Read the webcomic.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

Not sure how I feel about Murata straight up retconning older chapters but I guess that is a better look at Sweet Mask’s character than the original.

It helps spell out to the reader why he's called Sweet Mask

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Wow that's a massive change, and honestly an outright improvement to the old version? Much quicker fight, the mercs don't die thanks to Iaian and Bushi-Drill's help, and Sweet Mask remains extremely brutal and that eye injury thing is both terrifying and awesome.
I get the continuity they want to maintain given recent events in the webcomic. But toning down Sweet Mask's insanity doesn't sit well with me. The guy still remains an extremist with a binary view on the world but saving Waifus was probably more important than letting him occupy a more gray area of heroics.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Yeah this is probably the first time I straight up do not like a change. Sweet Mask was more interesting as a bigger rear end in a top hat.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ONE should reveal something new about Child Emperor in the webcomic, forcing Murata to once again redraw the Phoenixman fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

I get the continuity they want to maintain given recent events in the webcomic. But toning down Sweet Mask's insanity doesn't sit well with me. The guy still remains an extremist with a binary view on the world but saving Waifus was probably more important than letting him occupy a more gray area of heroics.

Saving waifus? Also this isn't really toning down his insanity at all, he was still planning on killing the brainwashed humans. And he even considered killing the sword trio.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I don't really have an opinion about which version is "better", but I just find it all so... baffling. Why change it so that the mercs don't get killed, when this has implications on a bunch of stuff that happens in subsequent chapters. Does Murata now have to draw a scene with the disciples bringing the mercs up to the surface? What happens to the conversation between Tatsumaki and Sweet Mask?

It's one thing to be a perfectionist and to change up the art in previous chapters, but changing the story is kind of insane. We already had the manga as a retelling of the web comic; now we have alternate versions of the manga that have different levels of connection to the web comic...

It also begs the question for me: where does the official version of this manga "exist"? Aren't there printed volumes for which changing these chapters would be impossible.

I just don't get any of this...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bucswabe posted:

I don't really have an opinion about which version is "better", but I just find it all so... baffling. Why change it so that the mercs don't get killed, when this has implications on a bunch of stuff that happens in subsequent chapters. Does Murata now have to draw a scene with the disciples bringing the mercs up to the surface? What happens to the conversation between Tatsumaki and Sweet Mask?

It's one thing to be a perfectionist and to change up the art in previous chapters, but changing the story is kind of insane. We already had the manga as a retelling of the web comic; now we have alternate versions of the manga that have different levels of connection to the web comic...

It also begs the question for me: where does the official version of this manga "exist"? Aren't there printed volumes for which changing these chapters would be impossible.

I just don't get any of this...

Yeah once the chapter is printed it's official. These chapters haven't been released in a volume yet though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fufufu look again, weebs, your printed volumes are already hand redrawn to feature bigger boobies and a shinier Saitama head.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Saving waifus?
The two female mercanaries? The one who wants Sweet Mask to sign her shirt and the other one, both have shown up in later splash pages.

quote:

Also this isn't really toning down his insanity at all, he was still planning on killing the brainwashed humans. And he even considered killing the sword trio.
The difference between showing us him actually doing it and changing it to just him getting ready too is pretty wide. I know I asked myself how many humans Sweet Mask has killed in the name of justice after the first pass on chapter 103. I don't think there's anything structurally wrong with the re-write. Everything works they just need to re-add the page relating to Pig God. But I'm not entirely pleased that they softballed Sweet Mask's actions just to make him more palatable down the line for his redemption arc

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It sucks when you know exactly why they decided to retcon it, but it's not a huge deal per se.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Xarbala posted:

It sucks when you know exactly why they decided to retcon it, but it's not a huge deal per se.

That's were I'm at. It's not going to be a big deal for me. Just slightly annoyed/dissatisfied

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I caught up to the Shounen Jump app chapters and Garo is a really compelling character.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Schneider Heim posted:

I caught up to the Shounen Jump app chapters and Garo is a really compelling character.

he's best boy

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
reading through Garous article on the OPM wiki is like reading about something dreamt up by a 10 year old.

Garou is super fast and tough and doesn't feel pain and has really fast reflexes. even if he does get knocked out he can still fight, and he can dodge things just by instinct, and...

just on and on, it's kind of funny

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clearly the proper course of action is reading his article on the vsbattles wiki instead. Warning, webcomic spoilers.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 8, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elentor posted:

Clearly the proper course of action is reading his article on the vsbattles wiki instead.

This contains heavy webcomics spoilers by the way

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

This contains heavy webcomics spoilers by the way

Sorry about that. Removed the link.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

RatHat posted:

Murata doesn't do anything on his own except for draw Fubuki...art.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Murata doesn't do anything on his own except for draw Fubuki...art.

ONE does have some control on that front as far as in-chapter are is concerned, though. Remember the frilly dress?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
justice for fubuki's awesome dress

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SpacePig posted:

ONE does have some control on that front as far as in-chapter are is concerned, though. Remember the frilly dress?

ONE does his best to keep Murata alive. ONE can only do so much, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just waiting for One Punch Man Kai, where Murata redraws the entire manga again to foreshadow events from piece to piece like the FF7 remake.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just waiting for One Punch Man Kai, where Murata redraws the entire manga again to foreshadow events from piece to piece like the FF7 remake.

Murata will somehow find a way to include Fubuki in every chapter in the redraw.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Catpetter1981 posted:

Murata will somehow find a way to include Fubuki in every chapter in the redraw.

And we will thank him for it

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Ghost Fubukis everywhere.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Unfinish3d posted:

reading through Garous article on the OPM wiki is like reading about something dreamt up by a 10 year old.

Garou is super fast and tough and doesn't feel pain and has really fast reflexes. even if he does get knocked out he can still fight, and he can dodge things just by instinct, and...

just on and on, it's kind of funny

Ngl that reads more like a stock shonen protagonist, which is probably very much the point.

Also it works out because you don’t even need to read the ONE version to know that Garou’s growing list of eclectic techniques and abilities is just the ONE version of a lead up to a joke. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah most popular shonen shows have protagonists which are nuts

I mean, just look at Goku.

Or Naruto for that matter. Wasn't that guy basically a god by the end as well