Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Skypie posted:

eagerly awaiting the dark years

we're already in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Shipon posted:

i haven't lived in a unit with AC in 8 years and i live in california, cowards can't handle a bit of heat.

Oceanside heat is different than Riverside heat is different than ball sweat of Georgia heat where you sweat while taking a cold shower. I didn't have AC in California in San Diego or anywhere in LA/OC but you notice when you don't have it in Georgia because this place is literally hell. At least we're not Arizona

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Skypie posted:

eagerly awaiting the dork years

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

we're already in them

Hello darkness my old friend 🎶

Apr 7, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My boomer chud mother. Enjoy:

Hanging out in the fields on my grievance farm, waving stalks of grievances as far as the eye can see

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

an abundance of caution! They're taking caution!

Apr 7, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

Hello darkness my old friend 🎶

i've come to post 'bout Trump again

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

facetoucher cat posted:

Oceanside heat is different than Riverside heat is different than ball sweat of Georgia heat where you sweat while taking a cold shower. I didn't have AC in California in San Diego or anywhere in LA/OC but you notice when you don't have it in Georgia because this place is literally hell. At least we're not Arizona

Most of the people going "oh yeah you don't really need AC" have never experienced an 80F dew point.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
would take dry desert heat over swampland heat any loving day. Even with just living in the marshlands of delaware, summer is loving miserable. 90+ degrees, 80%+ humidity.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Not a Children posted:

Does your mom sign all of her messages Jack Me Off or what

v horn 4 local restaurants.

Alkaloidman
May 3, 2005
This cocaine makes me feel like i'm on this thread

Small world, my bud was making beats for a rapper and flat earther that's a dead ringer for this guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGTwkoVXdlYzxgykA2PlxKg

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.sandiegoville.com/2020/05/souplantation-sweet-tomatoes-will-not-reopen.html

quote:

Founded in San Diego 42 years ago, Souplantation's parent company Garden Fresh Restaurants has laid off its workforce after announcing it would not be reopening due to uncertainty for the buffet restaurant sector in the face of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.

The first Souplantation restaurant was opened by founder Dennis Jay in 1978 on Mission Gorge Road in San Diego. After growing to two locations with the help of friends, Jay sold the pair of buffett-style eateries to Garden Fresh Restaurant Corp in 1983. The eatery grew to over 130 locations over the years, with all those located outside of California named Sweet Tomatoes. In 2016, the company filed for bankruptcy and shuttered dozens of outposts, but 97 locations remained as of this year.

Although Garden Fresh Restaurants CEO John Haywood has not made an official announcement since informing the public of a companywide closure on March 16, yesterday many employees took to social media to announce the company has ended its run. Just this week, Business Insider published an article predicting that the already struggling buffet restaurant industry would likely be dealt a death blow by persisting precautions and fears surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. There were at least eleven Souplantation locations in San Diego County.

omg, I didn't think about this. I loved Souplantation :(

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Look bill well just put the crank at the center of the room and agree not to use it. It's a solid plan I'm sure.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/santisiri/status/1258442645346701319

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Livin? No, let die

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Crazypoops posted:

Civilized society is just a glamour conjured up by some idiot sorcerer just to waste our goddamn time.

a high level abjurer could end capitalism once and for all with a single spell

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it's amazing how quickly china can manufacture poo poo like this and we're just like "paper masks uh i dunno"

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

FizFashizzle posted:

it's amazing how quickly china can manufacture poo poo like this and we're just like "paper masks uh i dunno"

almost like one country is responsible for making all the poo poo people use on earth

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

WTB communism

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
just saw that one of the local pub-style restaurants is shuttering all their locations for good. that really sucks but also reinforces that the economic damage is already done, and reopening states won't matter

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

American version going to be:

- dump your mask on the ground
- scream at the teacher about liberties inches from her face
- wash hands by rubbing up and down own tshirt
- cough at everyone except towards the robot

Apr 7, 2003

Skypie posted:

just saw that one of the local pub-style restaurants is shuttering all their locations for good. that really sucks but also reinforces that the economic damage is already done, and reopening states won't matter

I can't believe the dumbocrats made the business fail.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

FizFashizzle posted:

maybe we can steal them with our overwhelming military force???????
^actual us policy^

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

i've come to post 'bout Trump again

wrong thread!

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

happyhippy posted:

American version going to be:

- dump your mask on the ground
- scream at the teacher about liberties inches from her face
- wash hands by rubbing up and down own tshirt
- cough at everyone except towards the robot

I never thought the inflection point where the PRC overtakes the US would happen so quickly but inside a matter of months the trajectories of the two countries has sharply reversed themselves. The entire western pundit class called this China's chernobyl moment in January, now it's increasing looking like this is the West's 1991 moment.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
1992 deaths with a couple hours of reporting left, it really is never gonna get slower than 2000 deaths per day except for the BS weekend numbers ever again lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

twoday posted:

wrong thread!

Lets be honest they all blend together at times

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

we're already in them

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

China has its problems but they’re good at a lot of things and at least the cities are very pleasant

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

empty whippet box posted:

1992 deaths with a couple hours of reporting left, it really is never gonna get slower than 2000 deaths per day except for the BS weekend numbers ever again lmao

10,000 births a day in the US so we can afford to sustain it as long as the stocks recover.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

I never thought the inflection point where the PRC overtakes the US would happen so quickly but inside a matter of months the trajectories of the two countries has sharply reversed themselves. The entire western pundit class called this China's chernobyl moment in January, now it's increasing looking like this is the West's 1991 moment.

Yeah, the entire Western pundit class is extremely stupid, it owns.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

The trajectory of the USA has been straight down the shitter for like 40 years.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

how do i learn mandarin

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We've arrived at the septic tank.

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

how do i learn mandarin

very carefully

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

how do i learn mandarin

What about mandelorian?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I can't believe the dumbocrats made the business fail.

lol that was one of the unironic comments on the news article. "this wasn't caused by the virus. this was caused by the government and democrats blowing things out of proportion!"

i live in a state with a republican governor and republicans have a supermajority in the state legislature

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

What about mandelorian?

no

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Good morning thread, I hope you all died peacefully in your sleep to roni last night and are free from this hellworld.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1258369769520214016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

the greatest irony of covid-19 is that the internet should have made us more equipped to deal with a pandemic than ever before, but instead has made us so stupid we're relitigating germ theory

almost as if tech can't actually solve humanity's challenges