Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Yeah the Big Mac Coin moment is one of the funniest moments ever on Doughboys IMO. I really appreciate a silly-rear end Dont Stop or We’ll Die ep to have during this uhhh interesting time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Nick: "So, we've got chicken, we got a whole lot of chicken versus a whole lot off beef in this one--"
Mitch: "The area... the area around my heart hurts, in the chest area."
Nick: "Do you need to go to hospital?"
Lamar: "Is that hot fudge sundae hot--is the syrup hot?"
Mitch: "The syrup is never too hot, I would say."

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/587837902

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lol at the joking pro Vince McMahon talk on an episode that came out the day after mass firings at WWE for the sole purpose of maintaining pre-COVID profit projections

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman should beat this guest’s rear end for all the fat jokes once quarantine is lifted.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

mitch is insane.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wonder which guests Mitch sincerely doesn't like.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://twitter.com/EvanSusser/status/1250938809874673665

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

https://twitter.com/Gabrus/status/1250948483848089600

Mr. Squishy posted:

Just WIger

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

JethroMcB posted:

Just WIger

and himself.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

Deffo Bobby Lee.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch being from the Boston area does align with him being racist, true

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Deffo Bobby Lee.

Bobby Lee was the only bad guest, though, so that's understandable

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JethroMcB posted:

Bobby Lee was the only bad guest, though, so that's understandable

The woman who played the daughter on Kimmy Schmidt on, I think, the Jamba Juice episode was just absolutely dreadful

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Spoeank posted:

The woman who played the daughter on Kimmy Schmidt on, I think, the Jamba Juice episode was just absolutely dreadful

Oh yeah. I think that's the only episode I couldn't finish.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just didn't bother with it because it was a combo of a chain I don't give a poo poo about and an actor I don't care about, how bad was it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Jamba Juice episode was like..."Picky eater vegan," she wasn't a great fit for the show but I otherwise don't remember anything about it

Meanwhile Bobby Lee was "Guy who tells the hosts the premise of their show is bad and they should drop it"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Meanwhile Bobby Lee was "Guy who tells the hosts the premise of their show is bad and they should drop it"
Also the episode that prompted this:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

They immediately seque into talking about Taco Bell at this moment but "I got molested" is not something I ever expected to hear uttered in earnest on Doughboys.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I dont recall the jamba juice episode being very bad but my least favorite is the Chipotle 2 episode. That guest was straight up awful.

Edit also gently caress anything to do with Bug Mane. That was the first episode I didnt finish.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Dylan Gelula is very funny on twitter and I remember that episode being totally fine, so I think it's just that she had very weird picky eating habits

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Dylan Gelula is very funny on twitter and I remember that episode being totally fine, so I think it's just that she had very weird picky eating habits

She went on a food and comedy podcast and her answer to every question was basically "oh I dont eat" and didnt crack any jokes. It was a terrible mismatch and was like having a guy who loves to say stuff like "sportsball" and complain about athlete salaries on an NBA podcast.

Although this made me look her up on twitter and her twitter does indeed rock. Must have been a bad day for her or something on her Doughboys ep

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought Andrew Ti was boring.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
You were correct.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I dont recall the jamba juice episode being very bad but my least favorite is the Chipotle 2 episode. That guest was straight up awful.

Edit also gently caress anything to do with Bug Mane. That was the first episode I didnt finish.

Oh yeah I spent too long trying to figure out why his gimmick was supposed to be funny, then realized he’s only there because he’s Mitch’s friend and moved on to the next episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm a month behind on the podcast proper: Mitch voting against his instincts on Double Cheeseburger vs. McChicken, then immediately yelling "I should have voted for that! I wanted it to go further!"

That's the man in a nutshell

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like the clumsy edits of Nick reacting to the drop he can't hear.

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1254824575168217090

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I really liked Jen D'angelo on that episode. Very wholesome entertainment.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

omg so much Adam Sandler talk. I love these guys but they truly have the worst taste in movies.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

FitFortDanga posted:

omg so much Adam Sandler talk. I love these guys but they truly have the worst taste in movies.

mitch watched child's play 2 in quarantine twice

TWICE

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If you're interested in checking out that new Netflix show with Mitch in it, I can't recommend it. It's aggressively unfunny.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The one brews brother guy sucked, he was so annoying.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

DangerDummy! posted:

If you're interested in checking out that new Netflix show with Mitch in it, I can't recommend it. It's aggressively unfunny.

Oh wow. I didn't know he was in this (I'm not caught up on the podcast if they're talking about it).

I started the series as a big fan of beer, but could barely make it through one episode before I quit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm still reeling over Wiger not having seen The Muppet Movie. Dude was even working on a Henson production before Quarantine went down, what the gently caress.

Pastry of the Year posted:

mitch watched child's play 2 in quarantine twice
Because it rules and the entire Child's Play franchise is great?

FitFortDanga posted:

I'm a huge Blank Check fan and I've really come to appreciate them always trying to spin movies they watch in a positive light because there's a bajillion bad movie podcasts, but there are definitely hard stances I take where I'm just not on board, like mainlining 12 loving Adam Sandler movies. Stoppppppppppp it.

I can't wait for their episode on Happy Feet 2. A movie that was unquestionably directed by the same man who made the entire Mad Max franchise, it's out of its loving mind.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 8, 2020

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never really watched an Adam Sandler movie but I feel like there's this grand disparity. The average person probably hates him too much. Yeah, he makes stupid movies but I don't have to watch them and people seem to like them so whatever. And the 'comedy world' who seem to go out of their way to defend him. I think he was, and might still be, cool to the people he came up with and maybe he treated them well back in the day and they want to stay in his good graces and maybe too much and not call out his -probably- lovely movies.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I think it's also a lot of veterans of the business realize there's a lot of bullshit involved in the industry and Sandler carved out a comfortable niche for him, his friends, and anyone who likes his stuff. That's all a lot of them want.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I loved Sandler movies as a kid, Waterboy was legendary among me and my 7-year-old friends. When I was a small kid, Sandler movies were definitely my favorites. I'm not at the point where I can go back and watch them, though. It just kinda ruins the nostalgia, because they really are not very good.

I think Sandler gets a lot of defense and love from comedy guys because they grew up watching Billy Madison, listening to the Hanukkah Song, seeing him on SNL, etc and he was a huge influence. His early movies did have some level of craft and love to them, even though they're not particularly good movies. His later movies obviously suck horribly, but they're also excuses for Sandler and his friends to gently caress off to a nice location and have a vacation for a while, which is probably the apex of success in the mind of an LA comedy guy, so he's still relatable. Seems like his movies still make money, too. As far as I know, he's not a monster like Weinstein or Spacey (although there are lovely stories, like the treatment of native actors in The Ridiculous Six)

It just doesn't seem like there's many reasons for people in the comedy world to hate Sandler.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Maybe people like Sandler because Billy Madison and Happy Gilmour are really fuckin funny

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mennoknight posted:

Maybe people like Sandler because Billy Madison and Happy Gilmour are really fuckin funny

You sick monster.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Do see Uncut Gems though, which rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I laugh intermittently at Adam Sandler comedies, I don't think they're very enjoyable, but I do think a lot of smart poeple like them (like Wiger etc) and can deconstruct them better than I can.I kind of figure there's stuff I'm not appreciating that they can. There's a lot of jokes out there I can't get all of them. Although a lot of his movies do seem like lazy poo poo recently.

In conclusion gently caress knows. I don't care particularly, I like hearing people bicker, I don't really mind if they're wrong in what they're discussing as long as they get really petty about it.