Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t-.-t
Nov 25, 2006

Ronald McReagan posted:

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/arguebot-twitter-bot-bait-jerks/

It's a Twitter bot literally called "arguetron" and yes someone argued with it for ten hours.

https://twitter.com/arguetron/status/1258050870077521921

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Jordan Peterson arguing with a Zizek quote bot until he got mad enough to challenge Zizek to a devate, which the real Zizek accepted.

Peterson putting off preparing for the debate until the night before, reading the communist manifesto in desperation, then making the debate about his misunderstanding of what is basically a pamphlet written for barely literate factory workers

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I wouldn't want to debate Zizek on anything, I'd probably die of embarassment

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Top ten p4p debaters,

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
zizek is a fat ornery crosseyed bastard, knows it and owns

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Jordan Peterson arguing with a Zizek quote bot until he got mad enough to challenge Zizek to a devate, which the real Zizek accepted.

I think that incident prompted me to write a little thing on why I like Zizek. I wish I could find that post. I’m pretty sure I used the phrase “five-hundred horsepower philosopher brain” and compared Zizek to a raccoon.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I think that incident prompted me to write a little thing on why I like Zizek. I wish I could find that post. I’m pretty sure I used the phrase “five-hundred horsepower philosopher brain” and compared Zizek to a raccoon.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I like Zizek because I like sleeper cars. Your fancy Italian sports car is sleek and awesome and fast, but it cost half a million dollars. It’s supposed to be all those things. So what? I like the 1982 Buick Electra with rusting panels and one door covered with primer into which some madman has crammed a 680hp 8-liter engine which he occasionally drags to the track to embarrass Camaros.

Zizek looks like a homeless career drunk who spent the night fighting with a stray dog over a partially-eaten alley sandwich. Then, he pulls up to the starting line and revs his 500ci philosopher brain, and you can see the life drain out of the guy in the next lane. Zizek spends twenty minutes or so doing donuts all over his opponent’s face, then disappears back to his alley to see that dog about the other half of the sandwich. Eventually some wanna-be right-wing intellectual stumbles across Zizek snoring in his alley, and thinks to himself, “Now there’s a guy I can outwit,” and the poor rear end in a top hat never sees it coming.

Much-maligned forums search undefeated

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

Lol, nice. Thank you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

Jeffrey fixed it so it works way better now

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pick posted:

Jeffrey fixed it so it works way better now

I use it all the time. Big fan

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the Microsoft Tay debacle

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Peterson putting off preparing for the debate until the night before, reading the communist manifesto in desperation, then making the debate about his misunderstanding of what is basically a pamphlet written for barely literate factory workers

he not only was so intellectually outclassed that by the end of the debate gave up his own speaking time to hear more of what Zizek had to say, it was also essentially Peterson's last public appearance before he fried his own brain on benzos and went comatose in a Moscow hospital

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Antonymous posted:

he not only was so intellectually outclassed that by the end of the debate gave up his own speaking time to hear more of what Zizek had to say, it was also essentially Peterson's last public appearance before he fried his own brain on benzos and went comatose in a Moscow hospital

:wrong:

He's back from Moscow and silently playing with RC cars while his daughter pretends he's not functionally brain dead by running his social media accounts.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Inceltown posted:

:wrong:

He's back from Moscow and silently playing with RC cars while his daughter pretends he's not functionally brain dead by running his social media accounts.

are you saying his playing with RC cars is a public appearance or what

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Antonymous posted:

he was standing outside, ergo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
also just remembered this lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Antonymous posted:

I misread your post and thought you were saying he's still comatose in Moscow.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I think you have to admit his obsession with soviet art and the fact that doctors who probably grew up in the soviet union were the only ones willing to save his life coupled with the debate loss to a yugoslav is good content from the lobster man

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Filthy Hans posted:

the Microsoft Tay debacle

that was incredible. shitheads trolls and general assholes made an AI into a jew hating twitter bot in like 48 hours

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

this misses the leadup which is equally as good

Oshkosh's prodigal son Mark Block smoking a cigarette as the music you hear in that video swells

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
hrm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uE5xZKszXMQ

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I will never forget how Hillary invented the term fake news, and within five minutes Trump had reappropriated it for his own use, forever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

she's a mindbogglingly incompetent politician

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Dangerous Donald!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPOw1ZEHsY

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Alt-left

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ronald McReagan posted:

Dangerous Donald!

the nick mullen tweet about dangerous Donald

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Hilldawg hired a guy to go to trump rallies dressed as donald duck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

GalacticAcid posted:

the nick mullen tweet about dangerous Donald

wasn't it something like tim kaine calling him "down syndrome donald" during a debate and getting booed by the entire audience

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yes lol

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

cool dance moves posted:

Hilldawg hired a guy to go to trump rallies dressed as donald duck

And had to stop before Disney sued the gently caress out of them.

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuyffsTalMI

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

I don't know why anyone agrees to give the response to the state of the union. It seems like the best case scenario is it gets ignored/forgotten about in two weeks. I can't remember a single one for anything other than being absurd, whether it's Joe Kennedy III foaming at the mouth, Steve Beshear's low budget production of Our Town, the clown car republican responses to Obama for a couple of years, Marco Rubio almost choking on his own bullshit, or Bobby Jindal (then governor of the Hurricane Katrina state) complaining about the federal government spending money on disaster preparedness with an extremely lovely Mr. Rogers impression. Like, who comes out looking good in these things?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ronald McReagan posted:

Beshear's low budget production of Our Town,

Lmfao

The only one who came out looking good was Jim Webb. I’m sure it was a dogshit speech but The Punditry loooooved it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ronald McReagan posted:

I don't know why anyone agrees to give the response to the state of the union. It seems like the best case scenario is it gets ignored/forgotten about in two weeks. I can't remember a single one for anything other than being absurd, whether it's Joe Kennedy III foaming at the mouth, Steve Beshear's low budget production of Our Town, the clown car republican responses to Obama for a couple of years, Marco Rubio almost choking on his own bullshit, or Bobby Jindal (then governor of the Hurricane Katrina state) complaining about the federal government spending money on disaster preparedness with an extremely lovely Mr. Rogers impression. Like, who comes out looking good in these things?

Thanks for reminding me of the Bobby Jindal one.

Everyone compared him to Kenneth from 30 Rock and you can audibly hear Chris Matthews mutter "Oh God..." as Bobby approaches the camera. Fantastic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
chris matthews sucks but his hot mic disdain right before "HI! I'm Bobby Jindal!" was hilarious