Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Antonymous posted:

the high rate of transmission of Coronavirus is because we don't have a lot of coronavirus floating around human communities

it's not like you get symptomless infection of influenza and suddenly your immune system is going to figure out a better way to fight SARS, no?

yeah idk how these morons think it works

exposing yourself to common germs is not gonna prepare you for the turboplague lol its total horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1258572363559579654

this is from yesterday and I hate to say it but I'm really surprised it took this long :(

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

maybe they should learn to code

e: i also like how they're using the "i can't breath" line like the racist pieces of poo poo they are

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
these landlords need to learn how to code

e: drat it, I missed it by like a second

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Out in the wild, getting a hair cut in South Korea.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

My only regret is that future generations will not know the simple pleasure of soft serve ice cream

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nothus posted:

My only regret is that future generations will not know the simple pleasure of soft serve ice cream

their cheezy bread was delish too

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nothus posted:

Yeah, I don't think I've been in a buffet since I was a kid but once is enough to love those things

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pennsylvania just extended stay at home order to June 4th at midnight for huge swaths of PA including Philadelphia

https://mobile.twitter.com/6abc/status/1258553558036819968

Which means

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Pennsylvania just extended stay at home order to June 4th at midnight for huge swaths of PA including Philadelphia

Which means

holy poo poo

June 8th

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Washington instituted a harsh quarantine over that.

Also, that outbreak while it may have killed a third of those infected definitely did not spread wide enough to kill of a third of the population.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
doing 5 sets of 8 reps of the common cold to beef up my immune system followed by 20 mins of an infection

its chest day

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally no one lives in those yellow counties

maybe 300k people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this means plinkey is locked at home until June 4 at least

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reagan posted:

can we measure the number of deaths from covid 19 in terms of number of jebs!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BardoTheConsumer posted:

This is all intentional. Republicans assume the virus will gut the urban poor and spare the rural, thus delivering them permanent hegemony.

They're probably right.

Viruses don't care about those distinctions. The Spanish flu devastated the poor in the first wave and gutted the middle and upper class in the second and it will be the same with this disease.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gringostar posted:

maybe they should learn to code

e: i also like how they're using the "i can't breath" line like the racist pieces of poo poo they are

They should apply to a Amazon warehouse sweatshop job.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Which means

Wolf, fresh off his supreme court victory over the chuds, makes the wall 10 feet higher lockdown four weeks longer.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Out in the wild, getting a hair cut in South Korea.

What is it like to live in a modern country?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

Viruses don't care about those distinctions. The Spanish flu devastated the poor in the first wave and gutted the middle and upper class in the second and it will be the same with this disease.

Nah the rich and poor interact way less now, you may go your whole life and never see a rich person in person except on stage

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

all racists look the same to me, does that make me a racist?

It makes you a racist realist

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Charlz Guybon posted:

The 1918 influenza was fairly unique in the proportion of relatively healthy people it killed though. It’s not a model for every virus.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

euphronius posted:

literally no one lives in those yellow counties

maybe 300k people

there’s 300k people in Erie county alone 😡

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/HuffPostWomen/status/1258574895711223808

I'm not your mother so I can't in good conscious tell you what to do but please don't buy this for your partner or mother (note: that's not me, I am against this item) for mother's day. Something tells me you can just pop open those packets and put em in sprite or 7up or something

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

facetoucher cat posted:

the birdNET didn't want to identify the whip-poor-will species for me because this thing isn't a barred owl but it was pretty awesome identifying the other stuff that I know I saw from various places

https://i.imgur.com/tqtbgfr.mp4

e: I swear to gently caress I'll figure videos out one day

Those are trees.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

gently caress the news

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/mayawiley/status/1258573935492378624?s=20

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm not your mother so I can't in good conscious tell you what to do but please don't buy this for your partner or mother (note: that's not me, I am against this item) for mother's day. Something tells me you can just pop open those packets and put em in sprite or 7up or something

I took pictures of my sister's 3 kids and made cute refrigerator magnets out of them and sent them to my mom and my sister, I think I did good for this mother's day

I think im gonna be tryin to pitch this as a thing I do with the business, too, like, the pictures you're holding on your fridge with fridge magnets? lemme make magnets out of 'em, yo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

facetoucher cat posted:

love to blend together advertisement, news and feminism in a delicious cocktail i call 'the amerikkkan mule'

kater
Nov 16, 2010

everything is so fucky with open'r upz that i dont understand what people were reacting to re:ohio. oh its stupid? that ain't fuckin unique! they've at least got like weeks before mother fuckers are coughing on waitresses indoors.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

facetoucher cat posted:

the birdNET didn't want to identify the whip-poor-will species for me because this thing isn't a barred owl but it was pretty awesome identifying the other stuff that I know I saw from various places

https://i.imgur.com/tqtbgfr.mp4

e: I swear to gently caress I'll figure videos out one day

That's a Chuck-will's-widow. I vividly remember that song from growing up in southern Kansas.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

facetoucher cat posted:

cocktails are easily one of the easiest to make things ever, especially martinis.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

empty whippet box posted:

I took pictures of my sister's 3 kids and made cute refrigerator magnets out of them and sent them to my mom and my sister, I think I did good for this mother's day

I think im gonna be tryin to pitch this as a thing I do with the business, too, like, the pictures you're holding on your fridge with fridge magnets? lemme make magnets out of 'em, yo

that's actually a really good idea! would you need the image file for it? what are you planning on charging for those? You might have noticed I have an unhealthy obsession with my cats :)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

that's actually a really good idea! would you need the image file for it? what are you planning on charging for those? You might have noticed I have an unhealthy obsession with my cats :)

I should probably take this sorta discussion to my SA mart thread, but i think im just gonna do the same prices as my buttons, the parts for magnets aren't much more expensive. oh man, cat fridge magnets, you're right, I need a set of those of my own cats like right the gently caress now

yea, all I need is a picture, the higher res the better but doesn't have to be high res or anything. just easier to work with

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

cocktails are easily one of the easiest to make things ever, especially martinis.

margaritas can take a little bit of tinkering to get just right but goddamn they fuckin rock

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Third World Reagan posted:

can we measure the number of deaths from covid 19 in terms of number of jebs!

two hundred seventy thousand seven hundred eleven roni deaths.
how do you measure, measure a pandemic?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

euphronius posted:

strong immune systems kill you tho

strong immunity is probably responsible for asymptomatic cases, because the virus gets neutralized (covid toes) before making it to the lungs to replicate like crazy. a cytokine storm is more a disregulation of the immune response that sends it into overdrive.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1258574001426722817?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nothus posted:

That's a Chuck-will's-widow. I vividly remember that song from growing up in southern Kansas.

thank you! I never knew what it was, I hear these little critters all the time and wasn't sure exactly what they were. I love them!