Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

China should release the REAL virus now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nothus posted:

That's a Chuck-will's-widow. I vividly remember that song from growing up in southern Kansas.

quote:

It will also eat small birds and bats, swallowing them whole

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gently caress

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
taste the plateau

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well they did say flatten it, which doesn't actually mention anything about dropping daily deaths to zero. as long as the daily deaths stay roughly the same it's fine, even if it's 2000-2500 per day. it's flat! nice and flat. it's over, open 'er up

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol without test and track no one is going to be able to tell which retail store gave them covid.

no risk of liability bitches!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

fosborb posted:

no risk of liability bitches!

new post-lockdown roller derby team name

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Nothus posted:

Wolf, fresh off his supreme court victory over the chuds, makes the wall 10 feet higher lockdown four weeks longer.

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

I am beginning to experience feelings of despair.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

They are also very loud and if one sets up shop next to your tent, they go all night long.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1258029166433361926

maybe they should put a bunch of sand on it, that's what they'd do here in the us

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mourne posted:

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

do what you need to do to maintain your mental health if you and the people you live with are low-risk. gently caress the chuds, youre not their mom, you dont owe them poo poo especially if ur in a chud area

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nothus posted:

They are also very loud and if one sets up shop next to your tent, they go all night long.

we had them dualing on either side a few times and you can't really see them with a flashlight at night because of their color but once the light hits their eyes it's like a demon

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPostWomen/status/1258574895711223808

I'm not your mother so I can't in good conscious tell you what to do but please don't buy this for your partner or mother (note: that's not me, I am against this item) for mother's day. Something tells me you can just pop open those packets and put em in sprite or 7up or something
For my mom's birthday I got her an electric snow shovel because the snowblower my dad bought is too heavy for her to move.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

empty whippet box posted:

I took pictures of my sister's 3 kids and made cute refrigerator magnets out of them and sent them to my mom and my sister, I think I did good for this mother's day

I think im gonna be tryin to pitch this as a thing I do with the business, too, like, the pictures you're holding on your fridge with fridge magnets? lemme make magnets out of 'em, yo

yeah tell me more please

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

maybe they should put a bunch of sand on it, that's what they'd do here in the us

good social distancing

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Now I'm digging into bird pictures and songs while reading about covid-19 deaths being cut off in meat plants. Living it up until it's my turn

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SardonicTyrant posted:

For my mom's birthday I got her an electric snow shovel because the snowblower my dad bought is too heavy for her to move.

How does it work? That sounds pretty cool actually but I like power tools

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

there’s 300k people in Erie county alone 😡

ok 400k

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1258459630881181698

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Okay I just discovered that by living in a place without snow my life is much easier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

facetoucher cat posted:

nature is healing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Mourne posted:

People in wuhan endured an even more restrictive house arrest for 77 days, suck it up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggan posted:

yeah tell me more please

I posted about it in my SA mart thread, I probably shouldn't clog up the covid thread with it much more haha

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

People in wuhan endured an even more restrictive house arrest for 77 days, suck it up

they were doing something that worked perfectly bc china was like oh, severe viral pneumonia, shut down and let it burn out

we're hiding in our homes for no real reason except self-preservation while the chuds take over

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

I posted about it in my SA mart thread, I probably shouldn't clog up the covid thread with it much more haha

we appreciate ur button hustle (bustle?)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Give yourself a buzz cut. It's very liberating

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

People are gonna get so pissed that they have to do this before going through airport security.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Piss mask is real

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

yeah but there deal was actually effective

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
like with no federal money printer relief coming and half the country already open, staying inside is just prolonging the inevitable isnt it like wtf are we even doing, one person (or even half the country) cant flatten the curve or starve the virus

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Mourne posted:

man, glad im not dealing with that kinda poo poo

this is p much how i normally live lol

what is it thats winding you up this much? stayin at home? no socializing?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

shovelbum posted:

they were doing something that worked perfectly bc china was like oh, severe viral pneumonia, shut down and let it burn out

we're hiding in our homes for no real reason except self-preservation while the chuds take over

I wish I could find the post I made saying America would find the perfect balance of doing the most damage to the economy while still having the most deaths, I'm pretty sure I said it early enough that I get bragging points for being proven right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there will be more fed money they are just dancing over the details atm

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mackers posted:

man, glad im not dealing with that kinda poo poo

this is p much how i normally live lol

what is it thats winding you up this much? stayin at home? no socializing?

the pointlessness of it, sacrificing for msnbc lib virtue signalling points, the fact that we're allegedly doing it to save old rear end death cult chuds, the fact that it's all for nothing and that nothing will change from this virus except the rich getting richer and everyone else not even being rich in health anymore

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

optimistic curve dot jpg

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1258581571323351040

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

literally sarah palin

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
honestly i was pretty blackpilled the first time i drove by a home depot and saw the garden department sardine packed with a seething roiling wall of chuds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

like with no federal money printer relief coming and half the country already open, staying inside is just prolonging the inevitable isnt it like wtf are we even doing, one person (or even half the country) cant flatten the curve or starve the virus

Yeah but you can save yourself, rugged individualism