Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mourne posted:

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

I am beginning to experience feelings of despair.

You do not want to get infected. You do no want to pass it to your family members who are susceptible. You've got the internet and someone who loves you close by. You can do this. Pick out a new exercise video. Go plant your garden or do some art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

*goes through sanitizing station*

MY FUCKIN RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED!!!!

*takes off belt, shoes, watch, rings and hands over wallet and laptop (with full browser history) before going through a scanner, getting a metal detector ran over whole body, and getting a pat down*

This is the price of freedom babyyyyyy

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nothus posted:

You do not want to get infected. You do no want to pass it to your family members who are susceptible. You've got the internet and someone who loves you close by. You can do this. Pick out a new exercise video. Go plant your garden or do some art.

unless your entire household can WFH forever you will get infected whether you want to or not, and everyone except FAANG types is gonna be either laid off or back in the office by August at the very latest

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

we appreciate ur button hustle (bustle?)

just call it a bussy it's fine

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Woofer posted:

People are gonna get so pissed that they have to do this before going through airport security.

I'm excited to fist the robot

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

just call it a bussy it's fine

so thats what bussy means, everybody slingin tite buttons and i didnt know it

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

unless your entire household can WFH forever you will get infected whether you want to or not, and everyone except FAANG types is gonna be either laid off or back in the office by August at the very latest

Take it easy man, you won't get it if you observe common sense safety precautions

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

like with no federal money printer relief coming and half the country already open, staying inside is just prolonging the inevitable isnt it like wtf are we even doing, one person (or even half the country) cant flatten the curve or starve the virus

oh hell yeah it's over until we lock down again

my governor is opening malls and the Facebook post response from my lib brother in law is How are malls different from going to Wal-Mart?

and it's like, let's just begin with trying to socially distance in a loving hot topic, but also every employee there now is in contact with hundreds of others and have to be bc they won't have unemployment with the job available, not to mention everyone's going to start shopping for pleasure again!!!!!!!!!!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

shovelbum posted:

the pointlessness of it, sacrificing for msnbc lib virtue signalling points, the fact that we're allegedly doing it to save old rear end death cult chuds, the fact that it's all for nothing and that nothing will change from this virus except the rich getting richer and everyone else not even being rich in health anymore

yeah fair nuff I can see that if you're bein forced back to work like an expendable mook

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mourne posted:

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

Visit a forest and just kinda walk around a bit, there's a forest and bird sanctuary like 15 minutes from me and they have like a $5/month membership that lets you in any time, it's pretty rad and you must have something like 5x better because I live in Nebraska which is, as they say, not good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BRAVE THE AFRAID

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao daring people to contract corona to make trump look good

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Inceltown posted:

BRAVE THE AFRAID

AFRIAD*

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i have to admit, i'm pretty bummed that i'm losing the thin veneer of control over my life that i got by sacrificing ever actually enjoying my life

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

nikosoft posted:

So, my boss and coworker are now sharing conspiracy theories back and forth about covid. On one hand, I'm glad I'm included in the group text (there's only 3 of us on this team), but on the other hand, it's like ??? we WORK in health care, you dipshits, of course viruses are real things and covid isn't Rockefeller's plan to take over the world from his grave or whatever.

I was doing okay for a while, but now I'm back to hating my job again.

theres some kind of stupid covid conspiracy poo poo my cousin shared on fb. lol. she survived stage4 cancer last year too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the unwritten homer epic

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i want the happy robot for my home

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
cum death

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mourne posted:

facetime yr parents!!!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

shovelbum posted:

like with no federal money printer relief coming and half the country already open, staying inside is just prolonging the inevitable isnt it like wtf are we even doing, one person (or even half the country) cant flatten the curve or starve the virus

it is what is happening in Brazil at the moment as well and is kinda worse because some places are doing an amazing S+ tier level response and others (like mine) are "oh three weeks good enough" while allowing for all sorts of bizarre exceptions (like construction being allowed to resume one week after "hard" quarantine) and because Bolsonaro is the president and has effectively managed to blind cripple and maim the federal executive (which in Brazil is very powerful - we are a much more centralized state than the USA for comparison) with increasingly bad decisions, states that are "prioritizing the economy" are getting turbofucked in that regard anyway

it is an Iliad of stupidity

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Mourne posted:

you should check out video games. i hear minecraft is good

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

honestly i was pretty blackpilled the first time i drove by a home depot and saw the garden department sardine packed with a seething roiling wall of chuds

I swear sometimes by your posting you're my husband and I just sit here and laugh my rear end off

e: not but that exact experience is what broke him

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

you should check out video games. i hear minecraft is good

also, and i will never ever say this again:

maybe try an mmo. good way to lose a few months

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“it only kills old people “

lamo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I play fortnite several hours a day right now because if I'm angry and upset about something that absolutely does not matter then I can avoid thinking about the horrifying reality we are currently experiencing for a while

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

“it only kills old people “

lamo

the better way to put it is it wont take a big enough bite out of the 16-50 crowd to force society to grind to an overall halt for long-term lack of workers spanish flu style

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

write a novelette

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

got any sevens posted:

theres some kind of stupid covid conspiracy poo poo my cousin shared on fb. lol. she survived stage4 cancer last year too

I think it's tied in to the Medicare billing misinformation thing that's going around too. It's so stupid. We literally spent last week coordinating the serological testing for covid and now they're both talking about how it's plot so Fauci can personally scam Medicare.

I usually try to look at my team in a favorable light, like we're a government employment project or something, with the goal of giving the stupidest, low-IQ idiots a good living wage, but I'm honestly so loving disgruntled right now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sit on yr porch, or in yr back yard, a lot. being outside seems to help a bit!!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mackers posted:

also, and i will never ever say this again:

maybe try an mmo. good way to lose a few months

There's never been a better time to play Civilization.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Nothus posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have no qualms about staying home at all but uh not being able to afford rent a month or two from now is kind of the worst part bc I'm landlordcucked :(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

maryland really do be tryna open up as soon as possible and I just want to scream

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

I have no qualms about staying home at all but uh not being able to afford rent a month or two from now is kind of the worst part bc I'm landlordcucked :(

Kill your landlord, become rentpilled

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Hey, don't worry guys the President of my company has appended "Keep it up, the end is in sight" to the last line of the daily company update email.

:rip:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's never been a better time to play Civilization.

If you have Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword I recommend playing the mod Caveman2Cosmos, it's loving insane and has enough stuff in it to allow the average game to go on for at least a month

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Mourne posted:

I feel ya friend. Canceled a trip to Munich and my plans to see friends all along the East Coast this summer. I had just started dating someone seriously in Feb-March, just before things got really bad. I live alone with my cat. My days are an endless cycle of work, zoom conversations, and trying to keep up what feels like farcical interaction with my sort-of girlfriend.

Don't despair. This will pass. But it won't for you if you die because you got bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/05/06/polar-vortex-unleash-winterlike-cold-across-eastern-half-nation-with-snow-northeast/

cold weather post for east coast