Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

awesmoe posted:

for clarity, this corroborates the claims of unwanted touching and not the more recent claims of sexual assault
I WONDER WHY SHE DIDNT WANT TO SUBMIT A CLAIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AGAINST 1993 BIDEN HMMMMMMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

awesmoe posted:

for clarity, this corroborates the claims of unwanted touching and not the more recent claims of sexual assault

Meanwhile Biden denies anything happens so collaboration on one impacts the other.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

DelilahFlowers posted:

I WONDER WHY SHE DIDNT WANT TO SUBMIT A CLAIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AGAINST 1993 BIDEN HMMMMMMM

Hey famously people who have had very traumatic experiences are all about getting back in with their powerful abusers for another round

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

gandlethorpe posted:

It's an important distinction, because one is acceptable and other isn't for a presidential candidate.

Except it's not. Sexual harassment wasn't acceptable when it was Al Franken doing it, why is it suddenly acceptable when Joe Biden does it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

awesmoe posted:

You have to feel bad about this, right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Brownhat posted:

Except it's not. Sexual harassment wasn't acceptable when it was Al Franken doing it, why is it suddenly acceptable when Joe Biden does it?

Ok, guess I needed a /s so as not to be mistaken for a lib

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

awesmoe posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1256104319419441152

Same energy. Of course, add liar to the list.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
God dammit. I need a shower...

This is all so filthy...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Looking forward to the inevitable conclusion where liberals are claiming that Joe didn't get up to the knuckle so it's okay.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

gandlethorpe posted:

This election has broken Poe's Law.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Or a "No Joe" gang tag. Hard to tell the sarcasm from the rape apologist Biden Defense Force in this thread sometimes.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Terror Sweat posted:

It corroborates that she was sexually harassed while working in Biden's office and was asked to leave
yup, absolutely

gandlethorpe posted:

It's an important distinction, because one is acceptable and other isn't for a presidential candidate.
its an important distinction because it's important to know what's true and what's not true and to at least try to make decisions based on things that are true
basically this https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

Just say it. Just say you don't care about Joe Biden's credible rape charge. Come to terms with it. Admit to yourself, and everyone else, that Joe Biden could shoot someone on 5th Ave and still get your vote.

Then, once you have internalized the naked truth of partisan politics, you can come to realize that what you hate about Donald Trump is that he is your ugly reflection in the mirror. That everything he says, everything you wish was a lie, is completely true. That, because Joe Biden is famous enough, he can do anything. He can even grab them by the pussy, no, penetrate their pussy, and they'll let you do it. They'll let you become president.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Just say it. Just say you don't care about Joe Biden's credible rape charge. Come to terms with it. Admit to yourself, and everyone else, that Joe Biden could shoot someone on 5th Ave and still get your vote.

Then, once you have internalized the naked truth of partisan politics, you can come to realize that what you hate about Donald Trump is that he is your ugly reflection in the mirror. That everything he says, everything you wish was a lie, is completely true. That, because Joe Biden is famous enough, he can do anything. He can even grab them by the pussy, no, penetrate their pussy, and they'll let you do it. They'll let you become president.

Well put.

awesmoe, for the sake of argument, let's say that some magical proof device comes out that lets you see into the past and completely 100% accurately corroborates Tara Reade's story. She was telling the absolute truth and Joe Biden absolutely raped her. You get to see it with your own eyes in HD resolution.

Does this change your vote?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

awesmoe posted:

yup, absolutely

its an important distinction because it's important to know what's true and what's not true and to at least try to make decisions based on things that are true
basically this https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

DelilahFlowers posted:

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I'm a lady, I've been in situations I would never even tell my closest family about, and I'm not gonna vote for someone who's done something even as "harmless" as sexual harassment. It's a bridge I won't cross. The fact that so many people have seen it with their own eyes and just don't care isn't just upsetting, it's radicalizing.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

awesmoe posted:

yup, absolutely

Hi let me put this to you another way: the original investigation the author of this article details is problem enough to disqualify Biden.

quote:

“On the scale of other things we heard, and I feel ashamed, but it wasn’t that bad. [Biden] never tried to kiss her directly. He never went for one of those touches. It was one of those, ‘sorry you took it that way.’ I know that is very hard to explain,” the friend told me. She went on: “What was creepy was that it was always in front of people.”

"She was harassed incessantly in front of people but it wasn't that bad" Uhhhhhhhhhh

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They'll let you become president.

President... Supreme Court Justice... Senator...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Could have had free healthcare but no gotta go with the senile rapist who's telling you to go gently caress yourself.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Hachi Machi.

I don't think any amount of evidence matters at this point though, to be honest. The libs have already congealed into a hatefully jelly with one and only one goal.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It feels inevitable that they're going to replace Joe but they want there to be not enough time for there to be a vote on who replaces him. Just a last second hand off to completely subvert party democracy.

It rules.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

is pepsi ok posted:

And there it is.

https://twitter.com/BerninginCali/status/1258527072340701185?s=20

It's not too late to cut your losses, Biden supporters. It only gets worse from here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't live in America but if I did I would probably be a NeverBiden-er. But this still doesn't seem like a case winner to me? It just says Reade said she was the victim of sexual harassment while working at Joe Biden's office, but it doesn't say that Biden himself was the perpetrator.

And to me it seems obvious that it is referring to Biden, because there is no way Reade is knowingly using a 1996 court record about a sexual assault allegation against someone else working in his office as a dastardly trick. But I feel like Biden diehards and skeptics still aren't going to be won over by this, unfortunately.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

awesmoe posted:

yup, absolutely

Seriously, you must feel bad about this, right? On some level you know this is a really lovely thing to do, you have lessened yourself by doing it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1258572943107522561?s=19

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

It feels inevitable that they're going to replace Joe but they want there to be not enough time for there to be a vote on who replaces him. Just a last second hand off to completely subvert party democracy.

It rules.

Get ready for Bloomberg-Clinton 2020

JordanKai posted:

Don't get me wrong, I don't live in America but if I did I would probably be a NeverBiden-er. But this still doesn't seem like a case winner to me? It just says Reade said she was the victim of sexual harassment while working at Joe Biden's office, but it doesn't say that Biden himself was the perpetrator.

And to me it seems obvious that it is referring to Biden, because there is no way Reade is knowingly using a 1996 court record about a sexual assault allegation against someone else working in his office as a dastardly trick. But I feel like Biden diehards and skeptics still aren't going to be won over by this, unfortunately.

It's not really about winning them over as a mass unit, there is no "We fuckin' got 'em" moment on this poo poo, this ain't Boston Legal or The West Wing where saying the right words correctly gets you a prize. It's a matter of slowly whittling down their defensive positions ("WHY DIDN'T SHE SAY ANYTHING HUH" being one of the primary ones, which this throws a loving rock at) and peeling off the folks who were there mostly out of inertia or not thinking about it. You do not win this with a magic landslide, you win it at an individual level. Some calcify against this poo poo, ignore it, shut it down, throw their guard up, prevent anything from getting in. Others are able to be converted.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

It rules.

I don't know about that. To prevent a vote they'll have to drag him all the way to the convention in August. And if they switch him out that late, whoever the replacement is is gonna have a really bad shot at actually winning. Plus the whole party will have spent the past three months saying that they don't care about rape, it's fine actually. At that point, why not just keep riding the Biden train to the end?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The Bush years thread is up y'all. Have at it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3922624&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post504696518

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was going to say that nobody would be willing to take over for Biden at the convention, considering the near-certainty that they would eat poo poo in November and destroy their presidential ambitions forever. But then I remembered Bloomberg, Hillary, and Warren are all so loving old this is their last shot no matter what. So maybe one of them would sign up for it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I don't know about that. To prevent a vote they'll have to drag him all the way to the convention in August. And if they switch him out that late, whoever the replacement is is gonna have a really bad shot at actually winning. Plus the whole party will have spent the past three months saying that they don't care about rape, it's fine actually. At that point, why not just keep riding the Biden train to the end?

There's three options.

1. Go all the way with Rapey Joe, the man whose every public appearance is like watching Colonal Campbell crash and lose big time.

2. Dump him and restart the primary, Bernie possibly wins and then you've got to wreck the party from the inside like Labour in the UK.

3. Get to August and have him say he won't be standing for president, but he knows someone who will. The lights dim, Fight Song plays and out walks Hilary Clinton to rapturous applause. Biden is never mentioned again. Hilary loses every state.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

They won't replace Biden unless another three or four credible accusers come forward. Or he literally dies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

They won't replace Biden unless another three or four credible accusers come forward. Or he literally dies.

Joe dying would probably be a boost for his campaign.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

awesmoe posted:

yup, absolutely

It's a real mystery as to why people don't want to open up about every single last detail about being sexually assaulted to basically a random stranger who just happens to work at a media outlet.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Biden ain't getting replaced lol, too many people have given up too much of their moral high ground. He's their guy now, they have no other choice

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Now that a man has corroborated the story, does it get to count?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Biden ain't getting replaced lol, too many people have given up too much of their moral high ground. He's their guy now, they have no other choice

It's pretty on brand for Biden to force himself on us against our will.

moths posted:

Nah, that man from 1996 was clearly a time travelling Russian agent.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

moths posted:

Gonna get tough for democrats now that their Bloomberg doctrine has been breached.

Remember 5 years ago when they let Bloomberg run as a democrat? lmao

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Brownhat posted:

It's pretty on brand for Biden to force himself on us against our will.

Nah, that man from 1996 was clearly a time travelling Russian agent.
Also falsely accused by her of abuse. Biden is her fourth victim wake up people

Yes I've seen people post essentially the same sentence. Some Dems have gone full incel because of this

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

BioMe posted:

Gonna get tough for democrats now that their Bloomberg doctrine has been breached.

Remember 5 years ago when they let Bloomberg run as a democrat? lmao

I know it feels like 5 years, but it was only like 3 months ago.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hey speaking of Bloomberg,

Politico posted:

Democrats fume over having to clean up Bloomberg's mess
The billionaire cut loose scores of staffers who'd been promised paychecks through the election — and state parties are getting pressured to hire them.

Mike Bloomberg’s decision to dump hundreds of former campaign staffers from his payroll — after promising them paychecks through the election — has left a trail of ill will within the Democratic Party that’s now roiling a key part of its general election operation.

After accepting a much-needed $18 million donation from Bloomberg when he dropped out of the presidential campaign in March, Democratic National Committee officials have been pressuring battleground state parties to hire his former employees, according to senior party aides in three swing states.
“It’s ridiculous,” said one Democratic operative familiar with the dispute, who was granted anonymity to speak frankly about the situation. “There were dozens of candidates [with qualified employees] and the parties are being asked to prioritize the rich guy’s staff over everyone else’s.”
Entry-level organizing staffers on the Bloomberg campaign were paid at a rate of $72,000 a year, nearly double the salary of similar positions on other presidential campaigns.
Bloomberg’s digital operation has also been a point of contention since he left the race. The digital firm he started, Hawkfish, is seeking to take over large parts of Biden’s digital operation for the general election, a possibility that has caused a clash inside the campaign.

Part of the disagreement over the staffers seems to stem from differing expectations of what Bloomberg’s money would be used for. The Bloomberg team argued that $18 million is enough to hire 500 additional organizers, but the DNC said it is using that money to hire people faster and ahead of schedule rather than increasing the expected size of its battleground organizing teams.

Sounds like Team Biden and the DNC are doing great. Can't wait for Joe's epic viral Big Gay Ice Cream video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it is obvious to everyone that corroboration of the sexual harassment both adds to her credibility and detracts from Joe Biden's credibility. It makes her assault claims more credible than they already were and makes Biden's denial more suspect.

Like, people understand this right?