Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wondrous wand and so on and son in such fashion.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you shee it is very curious, this wand. very wondrous tugs nose. thesh cards that it drawsh, the ideology tellsh us, cost zero. flexes lips, strokes beard nothing! how can thish be? the answer, I - I claim, is found in the ideology of mike donais

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

AnacondaHL posted:

Against aggro, Risky Skipper + Armorsmith is the wombo combo, yes

Here's an example of grinding through early aggression AND double Priestess:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/AKy6qW2s4TfkLBTb9ueixf

Otherwise, boost damaged minions with Inner Rage + Rampage, and use weapons to control the board or hit face

Here's an example in an unfavored Mage matchup where I just had to Go For It (also Inner Rage + both Korkrons are in the bottom 6(!!) cards of my deck):
https://hsreplay.net/replay/o9bdqZ8oJvJxfb4zDYfv36

Otherwise you're a combo deck, setting up the Korkron + Inner Rage + Bloodsworn charge combo

What’s enrage warriors plan vs Galakrond Rogue? That’s the only matchup I’m having trouble wrapping my head around.

Otherwise it’s a really fun deck and there’s always something more to learn.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

What’s enrage warriors plan vs Galakrond Rogue? That’s the only matchup I’m having trouble wrapping my head around.

Otherwise it’s a really fun deck and there’s always something more to learn.

This is where the eggless version shines, because you can just steal wins with an Injured Tolvir opener. Warmaul Challenger also keeps the early board clear past Rogue's comfort level. It is an even matchup though, since they have a huge highroll ceiling.

If they try to go wide a small Risky Skipper turn will punish.

Don't overcommit vs Sap/Blackjack, as a single Rampage on whatever is big enough to outclass their minions. Play smart vs Ambush (i.e. have a cache-weapon equipped before playing something), and since they can't heal you peck away at their life total until they are dead to any small charge combo

Here's a standard-ish game without high-rolls, no crazy skipper or combos, but the opponent seems to have every answer, yet we can still respond

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qseMVLkfVPyQU6bXZLPS8G

And here's just one way you can crush them even vs. a Turn 4 on the play 8/8 Edwin:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/kdcakMTy2MZQoEGteKtkdb

And this is one where Turns 5-8 I had to recalculate my strategy due to my topdeck: Turn 5 is a board clear with card draw, Turn 6 is mana reduction calculations to punish leaving Skipper up, Turn 7 is establishing a tempo board, and Turn 8 is doing combo lethal calculations. This would be a good one showing why the deck is pretty hard to play

https://hsreplay.net/replay/WjnDvGSEjG2Qb4GEEnUQKJ

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Weird/random question:

Does anyone use Hearthstone Deck Tracker, and if so have you had any issues with it constantly loving installing Chromium? Recently I have started having this show up and I don't know why. I normally consider myself pretty good and careful with malware etc and I can't think of anything I might be running that causes it.

I had been blaming my son but recently I was playing HS and out of nowhere a cmd window popped up and Chromium started installing.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hit legend yesterday with standard non-highlander Gala rogue ft. Hanar with 2x ambush 1x the other secrets

67% winrate on my climb, demon hunter was 45% of my total games so I was always pitching everything looking for backstabs and seal fates

Hanar was quite often just played on 2 to soak eye beams and twin slices so I could actually stick poo poo and contest board

Every single demon hunter I faced played the raging felscreamer/priestess of fury list which I am actually glad of since it was always super telegraphed

I would probably have had a harder time Vs the smaller lighter list that runs beaming sidekick and double freeze because making satyr overseer/Altruis 4+ health is loving scary

PS Spymistress owns and should be in every rogue deck, having it sat there stealthed denies a lot of early game tempo for your opponent

PPS weapon removal is a trap, good job you played a bloodfen raptor that removed a 3/1 warglaive that already killed 2 minions and did 3 to face. It was good back when people were greedy and conserved charges but they don't do that any more

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 7, 2020

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So with hunter decks I feel like every time I include tracking it’s always the worst and I always just get to choose between like my three best cards, thus killing the other two. Do I just need to get over it? Why is this a good card

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The way to think about tracking is that it's 1 mana draw an answer

As hunter you should generally never be going to fatigue so you wouldn't have seen the other 2 cards anyway

Never play tracking early, it's best lategame

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

teacup posted:

So with hunter decks I feel like every time I include tracking it’s always the worst and I always just get to choose between like my three best cards, thus killing the other two. Do I just need to get over it? Why is this a good card
Unless you get down to your last 2 (or 4) cards in your deck then Tracking didn't hurt you, those were just the last cards in your deck. If you are playing a combo deck you have to be careful about playing it when you've got all your combo pieces still in your deck still but it can actually be particularly strong in those types of decks to thin out your deck. The only time it's legitimately bad is if you are playing a classic control or value deck that takes a good proportion of games down to fatigue.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I honestly do not really like Tracking, because I don't like discarding in general. In combos you might trash important cards, in general you might just lose something that you would want to have. It's not bad, of course, but I just don't really enjoy the mechanic. Doesn't mean I wouldn't use it, it saved my rear end quite a few times.

Also, last night against a classic bomb warrior (what the hell, right) I managed to track Bomb, Maiev, Bomb. Not the hardest decision of all time.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Tracking is one of those cards that I know is good and I know "losing" the two cards only matters if we're going to fatigue but it still feels bad to play imo

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Read tracking as “Discover a card in your deck. Draw it.” instead of whatever else it says.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

On one hand, this may be one of the worst environments to use Tracking, as Hunter has two top-tier tutoring effects (Phase Stalker and Scavenger's Ingenuity), i.e. things that actually don't care about cards being on the bottom of the deck but DO care if they are removed from your deck.

On the other hand, Tracking is still one of Hunter's best cards, since after you've thinned the deck and tutored to your liking, you can go even further and remove those 1-drops and early game plays, making your topdecks very robust to have high impact (find face damage for lethal).

Tracking is like a 100% Spike card, where the joy playing it comes from incremental advantage gained from optimizing statistical percentages. It plays differently and has different roles in all current Hunter decks: Face Hunter, Dragon Hunter, Highlander Hunter, and weird unicorn OTK Hunters.

Also, MeatiHS has an infographic on how to play Risky Skipper in Engrage Warrior :

https://twitter.com/MeatiHS/status/1258370573589192704

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 7, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
When is the dumb story mode opening?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

When is the dumb story mode opening?

If the last few have been any indication, it’ll probably be roughly two months after the expansion released, since they seem to see them as the best way to tide us over to the next one.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Tracking owns. Don’t listen to the goon who said never play it early. Play it when you have the spare mana or play it when the options in your hand aren’t great. Hunter has to be mana efficient. Play tracking.

Due to warriors being everywhere now I switched from highlander to dragon hunter to finish the legend climb (staying hunter since I’m 50 short of the 1000 win portrait). I have picked up more hate friend requests in the past week than the previous several months combined because I’m running boars and scavengers ingenuity. Except my luck is bad and I always draw the boars first. But I’ve also got exact lethal several times with the 1/1 version! People HATE losing to that boar.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

ultrachrist posted:

Tracking owns. Don’t listen to the goon who said never play it early. Play it when you have the spare mana or play it when the options in your hand aren’t great. Hunter has to be mana efficient. Play tracking.

Due to warriors being everywhere now I switched from highlander to dragon hunter to finish the legend climb (staying hunter since I’m 50 short of the 1000 win portrait). I have picked up more hate friend requests in the past week than the previous several months combined because I’m running boars and scavengers ingenuity. Except my luck is bad and I always draw the boars first. But I’ve also got exact lethal several times with the 1/1 version! People HATE losing to that boar.

They need to loving ban that loving stupid card and in your heart you agree :v:

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

AnacondaHL posted:

Also, MeatiHS has an infographic on how to play Risky Skipper in Engrage Warrior :

https://twitter.com/MeatiHS/status/1258370573589192704

That's a great writeup.

I started playing HS a little while after the Grim Patron decks, but it seems like Warrior has had a lot of the "tough to pilot" decks now and in the past. Which is odd since, from a lore standpoint, it's probably the class with the least brains.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Control warrior was only hard to pilot for control warrior players

As I understand it Grim Patron was infamous in part because 30% of the time you had to play it like a tempo deck where you just made patrons on 5 and nobody below high ranks really understood that (twitch wasn't as big back then) so you'd get these preposterous splits between low rank winrate and high rank winrate which made it the stuff of legends. But yeah GP had a lot of whirlwind effects and sequencing on top of that which made it extra extra hard, and frothing math was unbelievably complicated.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 7, 2020

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Patron was also hard (and strong) because you were almost always two turns and a good draw from lethal. IF you played the right cards in the right sequence.

Or you tempo them to death and forget the big combo turns. Sometimes with the path evolving during the game. I think my overall WR was 50% or worse but it was certainly fun.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beasteh posted:

Hit legend yesterday with standard non-highlander Gala rogue ft. Hanar with 2x ambush 1x the other secrets

67% winrate on my climb, demon hunter was 45% of my total games so I was always pitching everything looking for backstabs and seal fates

Hanar was quite often just played on 2 to soak eye beams and twin slices so I could actually stick poo poo and contest board

Every single demon hunter I faced played the raging felscreamer/priestess of fury list which I am actually glad of since it was always super telegraphed

I would probably have had a harder time Vs the smaller lighter list that runs beaming sidekick and double freeze because making satyr overseer/Altruis 4+ health is loving scary

PS Spymistress owns and should be in every rogue deck, having it sat there stealthed denies a lot of early game tempo for your opponent

PPS weapon removal is a trap, good job you played a bloodfen raptor that removed a 3/1 warglaive that already killed 2 minions and did 3 to face. It was good back when people were greedy and conserved charges but they don't do that any more

Mind posting your list please? I'm haven't been running spymistress but would like to compare differences.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Mage has 1HP, 1 card in deck, Hail Mary’s his Puzzlebox (gently caress that Pachinko poo poo)

Card 1: Arcane Intellect. Get hosed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Furious Lobster posted:

Mind posting your list please? I'm haven't been running spymistress but would like to compare differences.

### Galakrond Secret Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 2x (1) Spymistress
# 2x (2) Ambush
# 1x (2) Bamboozle
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 1x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAYO6AgqyAogHkpcDwa4DgrED47QDzrkDub4Dy8AD+8QDCrQBj5cD9acDua4D/q4Dqq8Dzq8DubgDzLkD0LkDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

ultrachrist posted:

I don't agree with this. Tracking is like zephyrs, you use it to fish for a solution to the current board state. It might be searching for lethal around a taunt or explosive trap to deal with a wide board. If you play tracking on turn one, what are you looking for? There may be fringe cases where your hand is absolute garbage and you just want something to play but the vast majority of the time, tracking on turn one or just to use spare mana is terrible.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Furious Lobster posted:

This deck looks really fun but it is not a cheap deck by any means. I've run into a few more people playing it though on ladder.

I built this deck and went 5-0 with it, 3 of my opponents had the same deck. Looks from hsreplay like it's the top non demon hunter deck at diamong and above in the last week.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It's kind of shocking how strong that Dormant Murloc card Paladin can be as a turn 1 play. I've been using Kibler's Dragon Murloc list (AAECAZ8FAoOhA/y4Aw7FA9sDpwivpwPKqwOQrgOorwP+sAOFsQPIuAPJuAP2uAP7uAPKwQMA) and I think my winrate with playing that on turn 1 is something like 75-80% after 15 games.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

adamarama posted:

I don't agree with this. Tracking is like zephyrs, you use it to fish for a solution to the current board state. It might be searching for lethal around a taunt or explosive trap to deal with a wide board. If you play tracking on turn one, what are you looking for? There may be fringe cases where your hand is absolute garbage and you just want something to play but the vast majority of the time, tracking on turn one or just to use spare mana is terrible.

Terrible is a strong word for 1 mana draw a card in the class with the least amount of card draw

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How is this game broken dogshit for days and they can't even put a note in the launcher?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

adamarama posted:

Excluding highlander where I would agree with this, dragon/aggro really want to drop a minion on t1, so if tracking is all you got, your hand is already sub par. Unless you have the literal perfect hand otherwise, you can use it to make your hand better. A better 2 drop, your missing 3 drop. The dragon you need to activate your synergy cards. Game breaking cards like the dragon hammer that you can’t hunt for on t3 because you have an ok t3 play already. Hunter is in command of the game until he’s not. I’d rather solidify my control of the game instead of hunt for answers later.

Edit: also I said early not just t1. Same goes for if you’re using the 2 mana dragon nuke on t3.

it’s not like I mulligan for tracking or something. I just play it I have it.

OTOH I agree with you on Zephrys. Unless I’m playing vs aggro I don’t keep in hand and always hold for the big answer play.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I see Zephrys get used on 2 for a turn 3 wild growth a lot. Is that that bad of a play if they have nothing else to do those turns?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

That's a great writeup.

I started playing HS a little while after the Grim Patron decks, but it seems like Warrior has had a lot of the "tough to pilot" decks now and in the past. Which is odd since, from a lore standpoint, it's probably the class with the least brains.

Hey, you've got to be smart to be able to beat the people who can think people to death with nothing more than a big stick and anger issues!

Shockeh posted:

Mage has 1HP, 1 card in deck, Hail Mary’s his Puzzlebox (gently caress that Pachinko poo poo)

Card 1: Arcane Intellect. Get hosed.

I had a game like that but the puzzlebox hit me for 16 and we both died. :frog:

Toshimo posted:

How is this game broken dogshit for days and they can't even put a note in the launcher?

it could be a client issue, for one.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 8, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yikes! posted:

I see Zephrys get used on 2 for a turn 3 wild growth a lot. Is that that bad of a play if they have nothing else to do those turns?

It depends on your deck and matchup

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Pulled off my first ever perfect Battlegrounds lobby! Went Elise and dragons.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cuntellectual posted:

it could be a client issue, for one.

I could post the screenshots when I get back home, but it's not just me. I have a BG where it died before the first round and I got 4th place with no units. Had another today where it died before turn 3 and everyone sat there emoting until they gave up and conceded and I took 1st because I was last to disconnect. Just getting constant failed BGs. Some die before matchmaking finishes, some mid-game. But it's not me, the whole BG dies for all players.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't think I've ever had a perfect game of battlegrounds but the closest I've ever gotten was imo much better when I got double khadgar off afk with a tavern with three tokens on turn 3 and it worked out with me getting to tier 6 at something insane like turn 7 without ever losing another match

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
This game was an exercise in what it feels like to completely losing your loving mind

https://hsreplay.net/replay/CiDmoXcogdTkaHrzLUXRr9

Not only does this diamond 2 demon hunter play two oozes in his deck, but he dropped them for tempo...against warrior

I think I have to log off after this one, my mind is in loving tatters

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Firebert posted:

This game was an exercise in what it feels like to completely losing your loving mind

https://hsreplay.net/replay/CiDmoXcogdTkaHrzLUXRr9

Not only does this diamond 2 demon hunter play two oozes in his deck, but he dropped them for tempo...against warrior

I think I have to log off after this one, my mind is in loving tatters

It's ok to keep Livewire Lance vs DH, it can bail you out from ultra aggro starts.

Also Turn 4 I would have valued keeping the 1/2 Warmaul on board over 2 health on your Bloodboil Brute, especially with the 2nd Bloodboil in hand.
- 1/4 attacks 2/2
- Play Bloodboil for 4, attack 4/2
- then Inner Rage opponent's 2/1

Next turn you still had the same options, or could have done Skipper + Bomb Wrangler + 1 mana Bloodboil Brute, gaining a billion armor and adding bombs onto the board a turn sooner (and not requiring the Sky Raider topdeck next turn to have a skipper turn).

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

I haven’t played in about 4 or 5 expansions, but I’m getting back into it. Is there a recommended budget deck I should strive for or any tips? Everything is totally different and I’m lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

If you haven't yet, take the highlander mage free deck; the dust value is through the roof compared to the other free decks you get offered

And you can reuse the highlander cards for this budget hunter deck:

### Budget Highlander Hunter

# Class: Hunter

# Format: Standard

# Year of the Phoenix

#

# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Helboar
# 1x (1) Timber Wolf
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Freezing Trap
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Phase Stalker
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 1x (3) Ramkahen Wildtamer
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Bad Luck Albatross
# 1x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
# 1x (4) Houndmaster
# 1x (5) Stranglethorn Tiger
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

#

AAECAR8eRKgCtQOHBMkE3gThBLsF6weXCNsJ7Qn+DMedA6GhA/yjA+SkA52lA5+lA6alA/KlA/muA/uvA/yvA/2wA5GxA6O5A/+6A9m+A+a+AwAA

#

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone