Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

You'll pry Cherry and Cheri away from my cold dead hands :bahgawd: Oh I guess Gruff and Lucky are cool too. And Moe. Rowan's funny. Him and Tex get along. Alice is a quiet one. She balances things but she's always so homesick.

Zucker and Avery can gently caress off any time now, k thx bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Blaziken386 posted:

I saw one article that was "top 10 best and worst villagers" and Coco was one of the worst because "why would you want a creepy bunny? those eyes are soulless" which is so incredibly wrong
She appeared at my campsite today.

I wanted a creepy bunny because it kicked out my weird stoner bear.

Also Coco owns.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Blaziken386 posted:

You know what I miss from New Leaf? Main Street. Not that I miss having all the shops on it, but I miss the fact that old villagers who'd left would occasionally show up to say hello.

it kinda bums me out that I won't see Colton again. (or at least, if I do, he won't remember me) :smith:

He might! Boone left me, then moved into my friend's island and he knows me and still wears things I gave him, and we reminisce about old times :3:

e: I've seen multiple people be really cruel about Hazel, who's my best friend, and someone posted a video of them 'fixing' her by erasing her unibrow and I was legitimately angry for several minutes about it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I was thinking about the ten villager limit and got annoyed, because I realized why it exists, despite the island being huge

I'm reasonably certain that it's for an extremely dumb reason

you're limited to ten villagers because the game has to account for the possibility that you might have eight human accounts

:psyduck:

HopperUK posted:

He might! Boone left me, then moved into my friend's island and he knows me and still wears things I gave him, and we reminisce about old times :3:

e: I've seen multiple people be really cruel about Hazel, who's my best friend, and someone posted a video of them 'fixing' her by erasing her unibrow and I was legitimately angry for several minutes about it
If they move to a friend's island, they remember you

if no one takes them, those memories are swallowed by the void

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I have the million bell crown for sale at ables if anyone's keen I opened up so a work colleague could come buy so y'all might as well: (closed so I can go to a zoom meeting). Thanks everyone who dropped by & dropped things for me :)

Tambaloneus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 8, 2020

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Meteor shower code if anybody wants to make some wishes. My girlfriend is probably going to grind them out for a bit. I think Celeste is visiting too.

Edit:
She had fun all, thanks!

Ralconn fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 8, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Blaziken386 posted:

I saw one article that was "top 10 best and worst villagers" and Coco was one of the worst because "why would you want a creepy bunny? those eyes are soulless" which is so incredibly wrong

Written by someone who wants coco but doesn’t want to withdraw 900 tickets

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Blaziken386 posted:

it kinda bums me out that I won't see Colton again. (or at least, if I do, he won't remember me) :smith:

Is Colton still available? If so, I want him.

I remember him from New Leaf, my first AC game.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Katt and Dom were my first neighbors and they're great. Coco was my first visitor on a Nook trip. I placed some new lots for sale and they're one block misaligned from each another and :argh:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Ralconn posted:

Meteor shower code if anybody wants to make some wishes. My girlfriend is probably going to grind them out for a bit. I think Celeste is visiting too.

Edit:
And the town is full.

This has been fun

It's now turning into a fashion show.

Edit: that was fun, thanks for the invite!!

ssb fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 8, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bleck posted:

if you're printing off one thousand nook miles tickets to pay for a certain villager you are almost certainly a crazy person

Can you imagine how many hours it takes to print those outta the machine jfc

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Johnny Truant posted:

Can you imagine how many hours it takes to print those outta the machine jfc

How do you even earn that many tickets? What a ridiculous grind.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Ralconn posted:

349TQ

Edit: re-added code, still going. I'll edit out when it's over.

This was a party thanks for the good times

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The tickets absolutely need a buy how many choice. Everything craftable too.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Like, if it is 20 seconds per ticket

That's five and a half hours

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Maybe they’ve had high turnip prices and done a “bring 10 NMT” entry fee or something

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

shortspecialbus posted:

How do you even earn that many tickets? What a ridiculous grind.

They probably just bought 400 NMT from ebay for like 9 bucks

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
No idea how long he's been at it, but Shep's currently crafting some gold-armor shoes: -closed, thanks for stopping by-

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 8, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Coco is my favorite villager because she's dead

just a ghost piloting around a golem trying her best

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Rianlee posted:

Is Colton still available? If so, I want him.

I remember him from New Leaf, my first AC game.
Oh! Yes, he is. I was taking a nap, sorry.

e: i'll be leaving this open in the background for a while, but I have no idea when villagers that're moving out go to bed. it's almost 11 right now though, so you might be on a timer
edit 2: its past 3am so I'm going to bed, and colton's going to the void™

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 8, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Penelope is crafting a cherry dress. Come on over before she goes to bed.

CR1JW

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nondevor posted:

No idea how long he's been at it, but Shep's currently crafting some gold-armor shoes: https://turnip.exchange/island/2a0bcb3f

Hopefully he stays crafting for a decent amount of time. Anyway, there's a free DIY and fossil pile by the airport entrance for visitors - I also have a spare gold helm DIY for the first person who calls dibs in the thread.

Gold armor... shoes?!

Edit: just stopped by, thanks! Your island looks insanely fun but I didn't wanna dawdle too long.

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 8, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Grapplejack posted:

Coco is my favorite villager because she's dead

just a ghost piloting around a golem trying her best

Coco moved into my village recently and I don't see how the little horror robot automaton is not everyone's favorite:

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

LODGE NORTH posted:

Opening my island for f o s s i l h u n t e r s.

FRJ94

I catalog all the dupes I get and have been doing so each day for the past two or three weeks. Each week, I post something like this to get people the fossils they need to finish their exhibits. Here's that list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DAVOzIpb-on7wyQRrwEOii_Dgg4YLg5IyZ3hlGmqzIM/edit#gid=0

If it has no number, I don't have it. If it has a number, I have that many dupes.

I don't lay all of them out on my island mostly so it's easier for me to catalog what is gone by next week - all that good stuff. If you need something on the list, please PM or quote me here.

I don't ask for anything, but please, for the love of humanity, water my gardens. They are parched. They're right past the stone bridge to the north, ramp up, next garden, ramp up, next garden.

Could I get an ophthalmo torso? It's the last one my museum needs for full completion.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

enojy posted:

Gold armor... shoes?!

Edit: just stopped by, thanks! Your island looks insanely fun but I didn't wanna dawdle too long.

No prob! Honestly, you would've been fine sticking around because it's been pretty quiet. I guess gold shoes aren't that popular compared to the other recipes :v:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i fukken love coco

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

IMO it is extremely dumb that you can't invite boxed villagers to your campsite, and then have them replace someone from there

the campsite is so underutilized for all the build up it was given in the tutorial

They made it sound like you'd only get a very slow drip of animals moving in, through the campsite. But after the first smug one you just pick out plots and the next day they're already sold.

On one hand I get it, it'd be boring if it took too long. In the other, would it really be so hard for Nook to cool his loving jets and let you reserve a plot for future development?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I just sold Flo a flea that I caught on her, and she was delighted. To each their own, I guess.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Geemer posted:

On one hand I get it, it'd be boring if it took too long. In the other, would it really be so hard for Nook to cool his loving jets and let you reserve a plot for future development?
the worst part of it is the fact that you buy the plot of land, but if you don't use it almost immediately, he turns around and sells it again to someone else. That 10k wasn't a donation, ya drat raccoon, it was an investment! :argh:

Bonster posted:

I just sold Flo a flea that I caught on her, and she was delighted. To each their own, I guess.
I've seen this happen twice. I'm pretty sure this is why the villagers get fleas in the first place

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Licarn posted:

Counterpoint: jocks exist

Kevin fukkin' rules and he even gave me his framed photo today because we are best buds. :colbert:

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Nondevor posted:

No prob! Honestly, you would've been fine sticking around because it's been pretty quiet. I guess gold shoes aren't that popular compared to the other recipes :v:

Just saw this post and swung by to pick it up before going to bed, I've been looking for the recipe for a while. Left you a tip by one of the two houses!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Bob moved on today. I'm gonna miss that purple goofball, sent him a letter while he was boxed up. Was surprised when the friend who was desperate for him came and talked to him Bob just hung a sign on his door that said "I've moved out" instead of staying until 5 AM sweeping his floor.

Since I'd been doing Caroline at the campsite to force him out and had to build my last plot yesterday and ended up picking Poppy now I'll have two squirrels, wasn't planning on that.

Now if I can only get Al to leave and find a different lazy Villager...

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Kevin fukkin' rules and he even gave me his framed photo today because we are best buds. :colbert:

Kevin is great! He keeps asking me to change his “wewewewewe” phrase though, but it’s so cute to hear him say it! I never want it to change because it’s like a cute little laugh. :)

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

jocks rule, i like to think it's their presence that inspires my villagers to hang out and lift weights in the plaza.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Roald is an adorable jock and I love him

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Zyxyz posted:

Could I get an ophthalmo torso? It's the last one my museum needs for full completion.

Heading to bed for the night, but PM me and I'll get it to you tomorrow

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sprocket would be perfect if only he were lazy instead of jock

@mimtembo let me have lazy ladies too

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!
Thanks to the goons for helping me out with some items and colour variants earlier to finish off my bedroom!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

I've seen this happen twice. I'm pretty sure this is why the villagers get fleas in the first place

Hey now, Fauna proudly displays the flea I sold her in her house, trapped under a drinking glass with a piece of paper under it.

Licarn posted:

Counterpoint: jocks exist

Counter Counterpoint: Teddy exists.

Dude was the first animal I ever met in my village back on GameCube. And now he was the first one I met on my island. I gave him a pink muscle tank and he wears it religiously whenever he's working out. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/ryanpequin/status/1258302230525960195