Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

tag yourself, I'm Milwaukee being re-named "Prost"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

pretty sure the everglades are already called the straits of horror

Actually it's called the river of grass
:eng101:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Troy Queef posted:

lubbock? being renamed nietzche lol

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

New Prussia not written as "Neues Preußen" as it obviously would in this universe.

A shameful map.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

net work error posted:

because of the meth trafficking?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jmbagay/status/1258062023319003136?s=19l

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-WNEDnBFeg

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

mycomancy posted:

I hope you mean WW1 because otherwise wow you're gonna freak when you learn about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

America has bombed its allies before

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
America’s bombed its own citizens, in America, before

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1258559513998876674

That would buy some stability.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Why do Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, both Dakotas, Nebraska and Iowa exist?
No major cities at all. All the cities are just 10 miles apart on roads because that is far humans walk in a day.

It's a trail of people who just gave up.

Like if the US federal government just stopped wouldn't like every single one of those towns just become their own little country?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truly, the Third Rome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mexican florida 2

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

It'll be whittled down to $500/month, Trump will take credit for it, coast to re-election, payments suspended January 1st because NEW YEAR'S REOPENING BABY NO MORE NEED FOR HANDOUTS YOU FILTHY POORS, GET BACK TO WORK

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Well, "Bagdad Corners, Turconia" is a lot more fun than "Jacksonville, Florida"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

MorrisBae posted:

It'll be whittled down to $500/month, Trump will take credit for it, coast to re-election, payments suspended January 1st because NEW YEAR'S REOPENING BABY NO MORE NEED FOR HANDOUTS YOU FILTHY POORS, GET BACK TO WORK

oh and it’s all catalogued and charged and will have to be paid back

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Zeno-25 posted:

Truly, the Turd Rome

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gonna repost this

https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1258388173228572678?s=20

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2006-12-04/closing-collapse-gap-ussr-was-better-prepared-collapse-us/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4,000$ tax free a month would be insane

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

“December 4, 2006”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uranium posted:

“December 4, 2006”

Delusions of grander that prevent any honest discussion of problems pretty much describes a majority of US voters.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Orlov was wrong about oil - it's not going to become a crisis because you can't pump enough of it out of the ground, or even the nuanced take of it being too expensive to pump out of the ground - that shock in the second week of March that we experienced triggered a crisis because oil became so cheap that it wasn't profitable to pump out of the ground anymore, and that's going to cause problems with regards to accessing the oil, in the form of collapses in the fracking sector, the depletion of storage, and even gas stations going out of business.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

euphronius posted:

4,000$ tax free a month would be insane
Median personal weekly income in 2017 was $865.

Lucky Greedo
Feb 14, 2012

At last, he held the throat of his beater.
lol I make less than $500 a week as an "essential" worker, $2000/mo would be like having a whole second, better job and i and all the rest of us helpless hopeless disease vectors deserve it immediately and retroactively

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Delusions of grandeur that prevent any honest discussion of problems pretty much describes a majority of US voters.

AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM :byodood: :911:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Troy Queef posted:

I want to live in St Karl.

This is an actually good solution, so it will absolutely never happen. Instead, state governments are going to reopen their economies and cases will spike.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lucky Greedo posted:

lol I make less than $500 a week as an "essential" worker, $2000/mo would be like having a whole second, better job and i and all the rest of us helpless hopeless disease vectors deserve it immediately and retroactively

Small business owner tyrants fear this idea since it would remove financial leverage they would have to force people to return to a unsafe work environment.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Why do Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, both Dakotas, Nebraska and Iowa exist?
No major cities at all. All the cities are just 10 miles apart on roads because that is far humans walk in a day.

It's a trail of people who just gave up.

Like if the US federal government just stopped wouldn't like every single one of those towns just become their own little country?

Rude IMHO.

Iowa east of I-35 is just as populated as any other place outside the northeast. And the real barren area doesn't start until you get past Omaha. Not much between there and Denver. The Dakotas and Montana/Wyoming are a whole different level of empty compared to Iowa and the part of Nebraska by the Missouri River.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

etalian posted:

Small business owner tyrants fear this idea since it would remove financial leverage they would have to force people to return to a unsafe work environment.

so do megacorps, which also need that leverage to force their employees to work

they like the government supplementing their employees' income with food stamps and medicaid, so they can keep paying a sub-living wage, but it's a delicate balance

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
For real though if the US does Balkanize, I-35 is a way better border to use than state boundaries. It's a secondary boundary to the Mississippi for where population ends and ranch country begins.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dustcat posted:

so do megacorps, which also need that leverage to force their employees to work

they like the government supplementing their employees' income with food stamps and medicaid, so they can keep paying a sub-living wage, but it's a delicate balance

Walmart and McDonalds are the only kind of megacorps that need that though. Boeing doesn't give a gently caress about food stamps. Neither does Verizon or Raytheon or Lockheed or GE or whatever.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Thoguh posted:

For real though if the US does Balkanize, I-35 is a way better border to use than state boundaries. It's a secondary boundary to the Mississippi for where population ends and ranch country begins.

How would this work with the 35W and 35E split?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

How would this work with the 35W and 35E split?

Isn't that all just around metro areas? It'd just be the west edge of that metro.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 02:38 on May 9, 2020

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Thoguh posted:

Isn't that all just around metro areas? It'd just be the west edge of that metro.

You're right, the split happens right before hitting the twin cities then ends on the other side of the twin cities. So yeah, 35 would probably be a decent balk line if we're willing to just like, follow the Hennepin County line once the split happens and return to 35 at the north edge of the county line.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

You're right, the split happens right before hitting the twin cities then ends on the other side of the twin cities. So yeah, 35 would probably be a decent balk line if we're willing to just like, follow the Hennepin County line once the split happens and return to 35 at the north edge of the county line.

It splits other places to. Dallas, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Wichita, Des Moines, and probably a couple other places.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PawParole posted:

Most minority troops are in logistics. The “tip of the spear” are chris Kyle wannabes from surburbia.

just the tip tho

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

King of Solomon posted:

Minnesota undivided. Not gonna cross a national border to watch my FC play.

spacemang_spliff posted:

just the tip tho

It’s not a hate crime if I have my hood on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

PawParole posted:

Minnesota undivided. Not gonna cross a national border to watch my FC play.

It’s not a hate crime if I have my hood on

Fargo can come too