Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Testvan posted:

optimistic curve dot jpg

No, you're supposed to fit a cubic line to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

pancake rabbit posted:

apparently dewine is gonna make an announcement about daycares on monday

and even though there's no chance in hell my wife and i are going out anywhere until (???), and every rational bone in my body is screaming that we need to still keep our toddler home, oh my god is it tempting to send him back even for a couple days a week

especially when we are both pretty sure we've had the roni already

i mean we're probably not gonna do it, and goons itt without kids are gonna be all "lol maybe u shouldn't have had a kid if u don't want to take care of it dumbass", but if you do have kids especially young ones i think you'll get where i'm coming from here

You did not have it.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

pancake rabbit posted:

i mean we're probably not gonna do it, and goons itt without kids are gonna be all "lol maybe u shouldn't have had a kid if u don't want to take care of it dumbass", but if you do have kids especially young ones i think you'll get where i'm coming from here

I feel you.

Did your kid show any symptoms? Our 5 year old had a dry hack for 2 weeks but was otherwise energetic. We both started the dry cough a week later. Waiting for test to come back still.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
An insane number of people think they've had it. I've entertained the thought I had it when I got the flu and got a fever twice, the second time after I thought I had recovered and started working out again. Influenza does that if you're not careful.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yay though I walk through the Land of the Not Land I am Afriad of no COVID

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Anyone figured out how slipshod the backend for the Ohio narc website is yet?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
When the test positivity rate is 10% that means that 90% of the people that were convinced they had it were actually wrong.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Judakel posted:

An insane number of people think they've had it. I've entertained the thought I had it when I got the flu and got a fever twice, the second time after I thought I had recovered and started working out again. Influenza does that if you're not careful.

I don't know what else causes a dry persistent cough, severe fatigue, fever and sudden loss of taste and smell. But whatever did that was pretty poo poo.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Judakel posted:

I had a relative come in from Seattle (lol) about 2 months ago, and like 5 days after seeing him I had an absolutely brutal headache and chills for like 24 hours, temperature of 97.1, and and then I slept like 12 hours straight and was fine

I've never had the chills thing happen to me post-puberty, so it was loving weird timing if it wasn't COVID

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

my partner won't stop throwing shade at my coronavirus avb experiments halp the system is flawed

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Judakel posted:

My wife and I got sick with most symptoms of covid, got tested for the flu/bronchitis, and it wasn't either. They only had two covid-19 tests at the clinic and couldn't use them for us. They said "well, it might not be covid-19"

the next day, the first case in MS was officially reported, so I guess we were part of the first wave of infections here. But no 'official' confirmation. So we're stuck between being relieved that we got it and beat it relatively easily and worried that we didn't actually get it and just got ridiculously unlucky in getting a completely unrelated but nearly identical respiratory illness at the exact time covid-19 first appeared in our state.

Of course, we're in mississippi so I would say like 40% of people I see when I am out and about are wearing masks or taking it seriously. So if I haven't had it yet, I'm pretty much certainly going to soon

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

MorrisBae posted:

I had a relative come in from Seattle (lol) about 2 months ago, and like 5 days after seeing him I had an absolutely brutal headache and chills for like 24 hours, temperature of 97.1, and and then I slept like 12 hours straight and was fine

I've never had the chills thing happen to me post-puberty, so it was loving weird timing if it wasn't COVID

ah yes the below average body temperature fever that presents as an immune response against the roni :thunk:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If my wife (and probably me by extension) doesn't have covid, then I'll buy an embarrassing av or something. Test result will be back tomorrow or the next day.

Edit: I'm open to other toxx ideas

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://kotaku.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-is-making-animal-crossing-hous-1843327623

AOC is visiting people’s islands in Animal Crossing

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Judakel posted:

You did not have it.

lol oh good, you're back

Thesaurus posted:

I feel you.

Did your kid show any symptoms? Our 5 year old had a dry hack for 2 weeks but was otherwise energetic. We both started the dry cough a week later. Waiting for test to come back still.

exact same thing with our kid, except his cough started roughly around the same time as my wife's symptoms (she checked off all of them except shortness of breath)

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Land of the not land of the home of the not home of

Or more Zen

Free:
Stay at home
Brave the afraid

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

it's pretty exciting to be a part of the generation that will re-invent mass consumerism. this is the kind of rush voting for brexit won't bring u.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

Gregory McMichael with Kemp

﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

speaking of anecdotes

a friend works at a customer facing job in a densely populated city. in February he got very sick, so sick he went to the ER with no health insurance, where he was found to have pneumonia. they gave him a nebulizer and sent him home with no testing and a vague diagnosis of spontaneous asthma. he found on his own that laying on his stomach ('proning') helped him breathe until he fully recovered about a week later.

this was before the first reported covid case in our state

post COVID has issued a correction as of 05:30 on May 8, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DEATH CULT

all that money wasted for no reason
https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1258604661327769601?s=20

instead of loud noise, what if the real risk factor is lack of sun?
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1258559176512376832?s=20

honestly most of the COVID denialists are too busy celebrating the case being dropped against Flynn to post about how the plague isn't real.

here are three percenters pushing for austerity instead
https://twitter.com/Blackler_C/status/1258607737904209933?s=20
https://twitter.com/reaper_american/status/1258613024664911872?s=20
https://twitter.com/LibertyBell444/status/1258607559717597188?s=20

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jose Cuervo is Spanish for Jose Corvid

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing I haven't seen in this thread is any sort of news on testing experiment that explicitly focuses on workers in major international airports

I am in regular contact with someone who works at DIA and they gave my immediate social circle a weird bug around the end of January. Prob wasn't the roni, no one got seriously ill but it was a weird bug. Week of fatigue, minor odd cough for a while. Then all fine

E: my partner lost taste/smell 6 weeks ago followed by minor illness, minor fever then recovered fine. Still can't taste or smell anything. I never felt sick or anything unusual

Who the gently caress knows

Zeno-25 has issued a correction as of 05:49 on May 8, 2020

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

shovelbum posted:

Nah the rich and poor interact way less now, you may go your whole life and never see a rich person in person except on stage
There was a lot of income inequality in 1918 as well, and same as now all those rich people had an army of servants and people to do things for them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Charlz Guybon posted:

I didn't say anything about age, just class.

Do you think that lower class people are generally as healthy as higher class people, controlling for age?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kirk Johnson says OPEN ER UP

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gonna be really funny when they close all these and then the second wave kills way more people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

People in wuhan endured an even more restrictive house arrest for 77 days, suck it up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this shouldn't have been punished. people are screaming and breaking down after a mere 8 weeks of quarantine. we have probably a year ahead of us. the weak will contribute to prolonging this crisis.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

i stopped drinking as soon as it became clear this poo poo was becoming real and i'm pretty sure that its kept me sane during all of this surprisingly

the occasional moments of moroseness that one too many beers could cause would have been a lot to handle rn

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad drinking just makes me jolly.

that's the thing about drinking even if you're a happy drunk. at some point your tolerance builds up to the point that you realize that coming off the high of being drunk leads to your dopamine receptors being completely depleted and you face the nihility of life without any brain chemicals to kid you otherwise. this is why the early morning dreams nightmares are so bad.

if you're facing quarantine, wean off imo. https://hams.cc/

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sedisp posted:

I don't know what else causes a dry persistent cough, severe fatigue, fever and sudden loss of taste and smell. But whatever did that was pretty poo poo.

AIDS.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

pancake rabbit posted:

lol oh good, you're back

exact same thing with our kid, except his cough started roughly around the same time as my wife's symptoms (she checked off all of them except shortness of breath)

When did I leave?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's never been a better time to play Civilization.

Marathon pace has far different implications when it comes to unit movement and perpetuity of military, and also micromanaging 20+ turns out is a bit more precise than planning 5-10 turns out

snoo posted:

you're right not having kids DOES own

I will tattle to your rodent furbabbies

MorrisBae posted:

Suspicion of being susceptible to two different strains of covid means just getting one might not be a thing, there's another one out there, oooOOOooo :tinfoil:

But for serious, there was a pneumonia-like illness end of last year, that was mild, and then there was one end of March this year, also mild, but in the "oh poo poo hope I don't have to call the hospital or die in my sleep" mild.

Did I catch both strains? I dunno, probably. Lucked the gently caress out if I did.

Also just to make a ton of you feel bad, I won the genetic lottery and have almost no allergies so I'm fine with inhaling all the horny plant particulates :toot:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

pancake rabbit posted:

apparently dewine is gonna make an announcement about daycares on monday

and even though there's no chance in hell my wife and i are going out anywhere until (???), and every rational bone in my body is screaming that we need to still keep our toddler home, oh my god is it tempting to send him back even for a couple days a week

especially when we are both pretty sure we've had the roni already

I don't think anyone wrote down pandemic in their weighing the pros and cons for having a kid so

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Is this knowledge from personal experience?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I was sick with a mystery illness in january and then I guess suddenly developed allergies bc I've had post nasal drip continuously since february

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

I was sick with a mystery illness in january and then I guess suddenly developed allergies bc I've had post nasal drip continuously since february

Is that not just because of your coke habit?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

snoo posted:

that's just ur new quarantine coke habit

e: gently caress

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Got it, facemask, no pants

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

re: birdchat: i only just learned those birds that hang around my house are called things like stork, egret, and swan. there is also crow. nature is rad.

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was born Sick, and I will die Sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

this shouldn't have been punished. people are screaming and breaking down after a mere 8 weeks of quarantine. we have probably a year ahead of us. the weak will contribute to prolonging this crisis.

More like the weak-minded. Americans have no conception of what it would take to prevent this from becoming an endemic disease.

It gives me hope that the chuds throwing a tantrum over their freedumbs and sabotaging any chance at an effective quarantine will be forced to live in the hellworld of their own creation. Even if I have to come along for the ride my brain hasn't been rotted out by years of watching fox news, these people will suffer worse because of their willful ignoranc1e, delusion, and spite.

The only people I feel sorry for in America are my working class comrades and (even more so) exploited minorities

Inshallah the second wave of this virus will play out like the Spanish Flu where the upper classes become complacent

I got prob'd/banned for calling for Chud genocide in d&d years ago and I will wear them as a badge of honor

Zeno-25 has issued a correction as of 06:12 on May 8, 2020