Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mistle posted:

Is this knowledge from personal experience?

Just from reading your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Doc Fission posted:

TBH this thread has been really fun for me to hang out in therapeutically speaking. We're all negotiating different types of tension that expresses itself both passively and actively, in unpredictable and uncontrollable fits, and my blackpill comedy accelerationist brain is working pretty good in this space. It is not about finding something productive or constructive, it is about finding what helps you hang on

Anyway I'm eating pizza in bed!

it's rad. personally, i've found that i'm hella buoyed by 2 astrological stars, and the quarantine has been a blessing in letting my manic star shine brightly thru

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

drugs are just another lib thing to distract them from the fact that the rent is criminally high and what should be decriminalized is unionizing tenants to start seizing buildings.

drug control is as much a bougie lib thing as environmentalism, tbh

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Man Musk posted:

re: birdchat: i only just learned those birds that hang around my house are called things like stork, egret, and swan. there is also crow. nature is rad.

I identified a hooded warbler :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

you're right not having kids DOES own

congrats on this extremely obvious revelation

glad u r here :3

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Man Musk posted:

it's rad. personally, i've found that i'm hella buoyed by 2 astrological stars, and the quarantine has been a blessing in letting my manic star shine brightly thru

this thread keeps me centered in the strangest way. Cant stop posting, corona will get me

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

It's an excellent time to catch up on all things you have been putting off

lol doesn't happen if you live w/ like partners. wise goons before us warned us about this, i think.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Chinatown posted:

congrats on this extremely obvious revelation

glad u r here :3

im not

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

im not

tubm

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1258623979750735872

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/michikokakutani/status/1258628212449394690

he'd probably think it fukcin sucks, sir!!!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
time for a FORUMS CLASSIC

Bigpeeler posted:

THIS IS LONG, BUT WELL WORTH THE READ

Years ago, I worked at the St.Louis Zoo. I started out with the hoofstock, but because I'm a big guy (6'3" / 290) they sent me up to the Elephant House. It is here where the two "most disgusting things" took place.

1. Twice a day, 4 of our female elephants would perform in the Elephant Show. They would go on stage, lift a leg, walk in a circle, typical dopey stuff that made the kids go "Oooooo!!!"

But every now and then, right in the middle of the show, one of them would decide to take a poo poo. And when an elephant shits, it shits big. 7,8,9 maybe 10 huge turds the size of cantaloupes. And they don't come out in one big clump, they tend to fall individually, so if she's walking, she's dropping bombs every 4 or 5 feet. The the sideline keeper was to quickly run out on stage with a shovel and scoop them up. This would inevitably get the biggest laugh and applause from the crowd. We'd scoop the poo poo, then stop and take a bow. Ahhh show biz.

Well one day, the head curator of mammals decides he's got the perfect solution to the "stage making GBS threads" problem. We would start "pulling" the elephants 5 minutes before showtime.

"Pulling" would require that a keeper with long arms cough (me) cough would put on a shoulder length rubber glove (yes, they make them for some odd reason) and slather it with Vaseline. Then this lucky keeper would stand on a stool behind the target elephant while a fellow keeper pulled her tail to one side. Then, without even a kiss on her lips, this keeper would slide his arm up her rear end as far as it would go (up to your shoulder), curl his fingers and basically "pull" out as much poo poo as possible. She would just stand there patiently like she was at the elephant gynecologist.

JEEZUS IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!!!

Being a zookeeper wasn't all fun and games, believe me.

2.When your cat dies, you pick it up and go bury it. When a 3 ton elephant dies, things are a little different.

We had and old cow (female) elephant named Marie. She was very docile, but very old. We noticed that she started to slow down on her feed. We kept very accurate records on these animals because they were expensive and increasingly endangered. Anyway, she started to get sick.

One morning I come to work, unlock the Elephant House and before I could round the corner to the elephant cages, I could hear something was wrong. The other 5 cows were hysterical. The were trumpeting like crazy and inside this huge old concrete building, it was deafening.

I rounded the corner and froze in my tracks. Marie was down. By down I mean she was laying on her side, which is unusual for an older elephant. They get weak as they age and it gets increasingly difficult for them to get up. That's why you'll see older elephants sleeping while leaning against a tree or a rock.

I called #42, which was Zoo Emergency. Everyone came running and the building was shut down. We let the other elephants out in the yard, but they wouldn't go because one of their own was sick. They just stood, huddled together and watched. We eventually got them to the adjacent cage. Believe me, elephants are so loving smart and intuitive, it's spooky. You'd die if I told you some of the stories I experienced.

Well, long story short, Marie died. There she lay, inside her cage. We all just stood there trying to grasp the situation. Then someone asked, "How in the hell are we going to get her out of there?"

The next thing I know, a Zoo Delivery Truck pulls up. On it were 25 pairs of hip-boots, 10 50-gallon drums, a case of rubber gloves and surgical masks and 10 brand new chain saws. We all looked at eack other like we were in some nightmare, but hey, this was part of the job.

We got in line and were assigned different areas of Marie that we were to "disassemble". Once we got going, it was the most macabre sight you could imagine. We had legs and feet over here, her head over there, her tail and truck over there. And the blood. Oh my God, there was blood EVERYWHERE. On the walls, on our tools, on us!

We had 4 staff veterinarians plus 8 students. We took Marie apart piece by piece and they did various tests and biopsies on each piece as it was removed. Once the various sections were finished, they'd be carted off in the sealed drums.

Finally, we got to the HUGE dismembered torso laying there in a pool of blood. The Head Veterinarian instructed Ed and myself to fire up the chain saws and cut her chest cavity open. "And when you do, get ready to move quick because 1000 pounds of intestines are going to spill out." loving surreal.

We fire the saws up and walk toward the torso. Everyone else was standing about 10 feet behind us. Ed and I just looked at each other and smiled like, "What the gently caress are we doing here?" I stuck my saw in and cut towards her neck, Ed cut towards her tail. Instantaneously, she ripped open and here came the flood of blood and guts. We were loving up to our ankles in this poo poo and GOD did it stink!!!! I stood up as did Ed and we turned to walk away (we had been bent over as we cut her open). As I did, I noticed the face of the Vets standing there. They were totally freaking about something, but not telling us. Ed and I froze.

I saw one of the student vets point and I turned to look. Mixed in with the blood and entrails was this gigantic mass of what looked like cottage cheese. It oozed up around ma and Ed's feet. Suddenly, the head Vet screamed "COVER YOUR MOUTH!!! IT'S TUBERCULOSIS!!!! RUN!!!"

I took off as fast as I could. Ed did too but he slipped in the slimy blood/guts and fell right over backwards. He screamed. Me and another keeper grabbed him and slid him out. By now everyone was running like their asses were on fire and there were water hoses squirting all of us down. We were stripping off our clothes as we ran and we all ended up naked, grabbing our packages and shaking like school girls.

The whole loving Zoo had to take a series of TB tests afterwards and only a couple of those involved got sick. We all had to sign papers stating that we would never talk about what happened for 5 years. Everyone got 2 weeks off with "stress" pay.

I think that would qualify as "disgusting".

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I met a girl online a few days ago that I thought was absolutely perfect. We Skyped and hit it off great.

Then she told me she was paying someone $4000 to drive from Florida to her home in Detroit and deliver a puppy.

I told her this is probably a bad idea because

1. There's no hotels, so guy's going to have to drive straight through
2. No bathrooms will be open on the way
3. She's immunocompromised and if she gets roni from the guy or the dog, she's pretty much going to die
4. $4000 wtf
5. What if it's a scam and the guy kills you

Her response: "the local shelters were out of dogs, and I saw pictures so I know it's real"

We haven't talked since

:rip:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

facetoucher cat posted:

I identified a hooded warbler :)

Whoa I had a mystery bird come through here a few days ago and had no idea what it was. This app looks awesome

Congrats on the bird spotting

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

I should have stuck with classic

too late now

i didnt start til march. got a hunter to 40 now :dukedoge:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

I met a girl online a few days ago that I thought was absolutely perfect. We Skyped and hit it off great.

Then she told me she was paying someone $4000 to drive from Florida to her home in Detroit and deliver a puppy.

3. She's immunocompromised and if she gets roni from the guy or the dog, she's pretty much going to die
4. $4000 wtf

Her response: "the local shelters were out of dogs, and I saw pictures so I know it's real"

We haven't talked since

lmfaol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MorrisBae posted:

4. $4000 wtf

We haven't talked since

Dodged a bullet there, that's some powerful stupid.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

shovelbum posted:

drat this was posted the month after I regged

17 years ago

lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

shovelbum posted:

I wish I had his life

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

this thread keeps me centered in the strangest way. Cant stop posting, corona will get me

It’s unironically the most helpful thing, being surrounded by neurotypicals all day that miss the office lol.

https://youtu.be/WiFm_tD9JIQ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MorrisBae posted:

4. $4000 wtf

We haven't talked since

this is a really bad way to do a scam/murder, lots of traceback information and all, so I'd lean towards "probably not" on that front

agreed on the rest

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
do you think bigpeeler voted for trump or voted for trump, snuck back in and voted for trump again

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I went up to Newtown Creek, the most polluted body of water in the country and saw a Black Crowned Night Heron on the hunt, so cool, so close

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im glad all the shelters are empty of doggoss thats good as hell

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Stefan Prodan posted:

do you think bigpeeler voted for trump or voted for trump, snuck back in and voted for trump again

voted for trump while haunted by the ghost of an angry ostrich

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I’m not going to tell anyone not to listen to the virus collaborating goons itt saying there’s no point in staying locked down yourself because chuds won’t and nothing is real... but maybe consider letting chuds get their wiggles out a bit first because they’re currently in Spring Break mode and already have a head start at clogging up the hospitals.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

this is a really bad way to do a scam/murder, lots of traceback information and all, so I'd lean towards "probably not" on that front

agreed on the rest

might be a very dumb scammer/murderer.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I’m not going to tell anyone not to listen to the virus collaborating goons itt saying there’s no point in staying locked down yourself because chuds won’t and nothing is real... but maybe consider letting chuds get their wiggles out a bit first because they’re currently in Spring Break mode and already have a head start at clogging up the hospitals.

How long before chuds start ripping out their vents and IV's while screaming "I WON'T LET BILL GATES DO THIS TO ME" as Uncle Steve and Gram Gram sneak in the fire escape to come visit when they were denied entrance at the lobby

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

MorrisBae posted:

this isnt true

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
when you’re road trippin, the world is your bathroom

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

huh. Didn't know there were other flat earth rappers than myself. interesting

My research has concluded that most flat earthers are rappers actually.

https://youtu.be/H110vCGvTmM

SardonicTyrant posted:

It was called loving Soup Plantation?

When I first saw the word Souplantation was trending I assumed it was a next level “I need my Applebees” joke about a fictional restaurant combining white peoples’ two favorite things.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trixie Hardcore posted:

When I first saw the word Souplantation was trending I assumed it was a next level “I need my Applebees” joke about a fictional restaurant combining white peoples’ two favorite things.

Soup 'R' Crackers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol our governor was lauded for being safe and still only waited 8 days with "declining" cases before starting to open up parks, campsites, and other public outdoor places because despite being scared by his cancer and loved by the corp/upper-middle-class dems, he's still a republican

looking forward to footage of crowds from ocean city beaches this weekend

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

It was called loving Soup Plantation?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

lol our governor was lauded for being safe and still only waited 8 days with "declining" cases before starting to open up parks, campsites, and other public outdoor places because despite being scared by his cancer and loved by the corp/upper-middle-class dems, he's still a republican

looking forward to footage of crowds from ocean city beaches this weekend

:argh:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MorrisBae posted:

4. $4000 wtf

We haven't talked since

sounds legit definitely hit without a condom or people guarding the door with AR-15s.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hell yeah gently caress hogan. he's been nothing but obsessed with building some stupid record of being "the good guy" while hornt up for ocean city biz

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

1200 cases a day is still way too much many jesus christ hogan

but the icu cases dropped by like ten! (and then went back up) declining!!!!! open er up

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
he got scared after trump attacked him briefly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

hell yeah gently caress hogan. he's been nothing but obsessed with building some stupid record of being "the good guy" while hornt up for ocean city biz

he literally did the bare minimum of what needed to be done and still didn't really go far enough imo

and now it's time to go to the beach, yall