Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Not only did they get that TB vaccine there, they get booster shots as well, so maybe that could be it.

also doctors disagreeing with the official numbers keep falling out of windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
im not allowed to do :filez: :(

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Vesi posted:

also doctors disagreeing with the official numbers keep falling out of windows

You can only scrub the death rate so much. It was the same story with China.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
They are also testing like crazy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think after a couple of million deaths this thing will tire our and slow down. So I wouldn't worry too much. I mean, how long can it keep murdering without some rest?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

CODChimera posted:

imagine this thread a month from now

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I'm all for helping out, but when we're losing more than 1,800 people a day, maybe we should get our house in order first.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1258687094190493696

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm all for helping out, but when we're losing more than 1,800 people a day, maybe we should get our house in order first.

I feel like any country who looks at the USA right now and thinks 'yes, I want this country helping me through this' has absolutely lost its collective mind

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1258687578464833536

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ardennes posted:

You can only scrub the death rate so much. It was the same story with China.

What are the numbers for Russian excess mortality for May/End of April and how much do you trust them? Anything but excess mortality is currently useless for comparison because different countries use different definitions for what counts as a corona death and there is no way to tell how much the numbers get juiced.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

I am still in the bad call mindset. All options on the table are bad and the window where good decisions could be made has long passed. Capitalism is about to kick down everyone's front door. Doesn't matter what your politics or beliefs are. This is literally history book poo poo going on right now. You reopen the business as usual and I GUARANTEE you will see millions kicked on the loving street the second the landlord lobby cracks that no-eviction order. Where is everyone gonna go? What kind of jobs can these people get when Retail, Restaurants and Service industries are bankrupt from the entire consumer class vanishing? Where are they gonna get food while all the farms are dumping their worthless harvests to rot in a field and farmers without locked in contracts have no idea how to scale anything anymore? Who the gently caress is gonna get on a plane or pass though a crowed airport security and where the hell would they go?

Congress turned on the money printer and everyone saw it. They printed money for the fed to literally buy up every poo poo investment to bail out the entire upper class and they are going to outright walk away with the bag. We got 1,200 bucks and told that ought to get us though it.

They could have just done a rent and mortgage freeze and printed the loss right into the banks holding the contracts and boom everyone has breathing room. They could have done a federal wage guarantee and just told all the employers to fire no one and send everyone home and just pick up the wage bill with the printer now all the small businesses don't need a loan. Then fix the whole publicly traded market by either halting trade or literally buying a holding in every nationally critical sector and nationalize the whole thing to never have a crisis again. Then picked up Medicare for All and just printed the "How you gonna pay for it" argument into oblivion and pay everyone's medical bills. Then when it is all said and done you got all this poo poo on the counties books you just inflation leverage the thing into a dark corner to pay for itself and in 20 years no one will know it ever existed because the world economics needs dollars to trade and it can't fail. Boom country saved and after six months of lockdown we all come out after a great vacation and get a spike in divorces but nothing else.

We chose hellworld. This was a choice. And there isn't a single person you can vote for that would fix this come November. The progressive rebellion was defeated. Bernie got a brainslug slapped on his head. Both parties are totally pro hellworld and it is going to take decades for the hosed generation to get actual power in high office when there is a nation of amped superpowered grifters that will torpedo you for life using everything at the disposal of the information age.

Welcome to history book hellworld. Your kids are gonna be reading about this in a loving shack after being required to buy the book for 900 dollars and the homework will still require a cd key.

The worst part of all of this is those not willing to let it slide like this are gonna choose violence because there is literally no other path open to them in their lifetime.

there is a literal genocide of the working class occurring because “the stock number has to go up!” we are so hosed.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How far away from sectarian purges do y'all reckon you are? 100% serious.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

seattle plague rat posted:

im not allowed to do :filez: :(

you are only allowed to open er up, er being your wallet, and go get a haircut and some souplantation

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
197 dead in Mexcio yesterday. Already 257 today. :(

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i will not work on any moderators soup plantation

i will simply make my own ad-free mobile-compatible pirate streaming video station in the ip-ignorinest heart of asia

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

How far away from sectarian purges do y'all reckon you are? 100% serious.

maybe 2 miles max tbh

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

there is a literal genocide of the working class occurring because “the stock number has to go up!” we are so hosed.

Yeah but we could have had both. But instead:

Worlds most amazing picture.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i might hack loot crates too on the side whatever that even means

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Starting to regret today's haircut

https://twitter.com/vicjkim/status/1258590232896626689

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

I doubt they would be even willing to receive any nationally significant amount of supplies from the US. That would make them look weak and dependent on the goodwill of the US. So, because great power games are more important for Putin than Russian lives, hopefully not too many US lives are put at risk due to any additional lack of supplies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1258690375990087680

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

its so contagious poor s korea

u r still best korea in my heart

they def have the testing capacity but oh wow look how fast it can spred

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Also, if you would like to learn about human evolution while on lockdown, Lee Berger (discoverer of H. naledi and A. sediba) is doing a series of free lectures on the topic from his fossil vault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWOJ56_Et0

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/1258640126013435906

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:thunk:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Iron Crowned posted:

Good morning idiots

good mourning

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

seattle plague rat posted:

its so contagious poor s korea

u r still best korea in my heart

they def have the testing capacity but oh wow look how fast it can spred

its especially impressive since didnt they basically have it entirely under control and then open er up for a day or two and oops youve got a new outbreak lmao

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Man Musk posted:

los riojanos están curando, la tierra está regresando

los riojanos... once this ends we need to find what they did, how they ended one of the worst region on one of the more affected countries in the world.

If you replay this graph
https://www.rtve.es/noticias/20200507/mapa-del-coronavirus-espana/2004681.shtml

la rioja is the small region on the north.

my suspicion is they had a problem with super spreaders combined with conservativism "is just the flu" mindsets, but this is my bias,... I don't really know.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
GOP in the senate want more testing. Doubt they're going to get it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/republican-reaction-trump-covid-testing/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

GABA ghoul posted:

What are the numbers for Russian excess mortality for May/End of April and how much do you trust them? Anything but excess mortality is currently useless for comparison because different countries use different definitions for what counts as a corona death and there is no way to tell how much the numbers get juiced.

It seems most countries are jucing them in a similar manner. No one is counting deaths at home or nursing homes. The difference is that the Russians are actually testing to a greater degree than we are.

Rotacixe posted:

I doubt they would be even willing to receive any nationally significant amount of supplies from the US. That would make them look weak and dependent on the goodwill of the US. So, because great power games are more important for Putin than Russian lives, hopefully not too many US lives are put at risk due to any additional lack of supplies.

Dude the US government sent body bags to Native Americans when they asked for help. What are you talking about?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Dude the US government sent body bags to Native Americans when they asked for help. What are you talking about?

The optics are looking not great on that one

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Woofer posted:

*goes through sanitizing station*

MY FUCKIN RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED!!!!

*takes off belt, shoes, watch, rings and hands over wallet and laptop (with full browser history) before going through a scanner, getting a metal detector ran over whole body, and getting a pat down*

This is the price of freedom babyyyyyy

Pearl Jam: "IT'S EVOFREEDOM BAY-BAY"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1258698639029014528?s=20

https://twitter.com/DavidABloxham/status/1258699574241300480?s=20

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1258695405233209344?s=20

Hmm maybe reopening nightclubs was a bit much

Efb

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ardennes posted:

It seems most countries are jucing them in a similar manner. No one is counting deaths at home or nursing homes. The difference is that the Russians are actually testing to a greater degree than we are.

Italians and French did. NY and some other states have.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I understand everything else but there's got to be some story behind "naval supremacy".

navy is openly secretly the gayest branch of the military

it means anal supremacy

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

navy is openly secretly the gayest branch of the military

it means anal supremacy

“The only traditions of the Royal Navy are rum, sodomy, and the lash”.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmaoooo

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So what your saying here is ... Eat the Rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

excuse me those people died WITH home, not AT home.