Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

News Report posted:

https://northeast.newschannelnebraska.com/story/42102669/state-no-longer-allowed-to-track-processing-plant-data
Governor Pete Ricketts said Wednesday that the state won't be releasing specific numbers of cases at meatpacking plants, saying it's a matter of privacy.

So who dared to breach this man's privacy. He should have been allowed to continue working without having some petty whistle blower reveal his private medical history to the president.

Whos the Snitch.

Also from that article

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/military-official-working-white-house-tests-positive-coronavirus-n1202061
"After learning that one of his valets was infected, Trump became "lava level mad" at his staff and said he doesn't feel it is doing all it can to protect him, according to a person close to the White House."

Drinkfist has issued a correction as of 12:51 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The credit card companies are usually pretty good about this kind of fraud so the dead guy will probably have the money back in his account within a few business days, but yeah it's still gonna be a big pain in the rear end for him to have to deal with all that and get new cards.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Flesh Forge posted:

I gotta admit I wouldn't be even a little sad if turmp got melty lung syndrome

Frankly, I'd be happy about it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope the antarcticans have plenty of condoms for the dark months

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Apparently, people leaving New York City before the lock down caused most of the nation's outbreaks.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...impression=true

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:hmbol:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Flesh Forge posted:

I gotta admit I wouldn't be even a little sad if turmp got melty lung syndrome

the opposite of sad

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
they're testing everyone at the WH or near the president daily now, I gotta find the tweet/article

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the only way this dumb loving reality can go is it turns out trump's piss is the key to finding a cure and he won't let us use it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Apparently, people leaving New York City before the lock down caused most of the nation's outbreaks.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...impression=true

I believe it, my girlfriend’s from smalltown Maine and the first case in her area was a New Yorker who fled to a summer home and infected a bunch of contractors/landscapers who were opening the house up early for them (the New Yorker wore no mask or gloves)

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Nobody evil is going to die from COVID in a videogame huh? God really loving hates us that much.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/07/coronavirus-white-house-worker-tests-positive-coronavirus/3087897001/

quote:

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Thursday that his staff will be tested daily for coronavirus after a Navy steward who has been in close proximity to him tested positive for the disease.

Trump said he knows the aide but has had "very little contact" with him. Still, he said, aides who have been tested weekly for coronavirus will now be given the test daily. Officials would not say whether Trump himself will be tested daily.

"It's a little bit strange," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, "but it's one of those things."

Both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were given new tests after officials learned that the military aide had tested positive for the disease. Trump's and Pence's tests were both negative, administration officials said.

The White House did not identify the infected person and did not say how close he may have gotten to the president and vice president.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

Nobody evil is going to die huh? God really loving hates us that much.

god is dead and no one cares, if there is a hell I'll see you there

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

trump's brain is so weird

how is it a little bit strange

does he think everyone lives in isolation that serves him

or maybe hes considering that now

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Drinkfist posted:

So who dared to breach this man's privacy. He should have been allowed to continue working without having some petty whistle blower reveal his private medical history to the president.

Whos the Snitch.

Also from that article

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/military-official-working-white-house-tests-positive-coronavirus-n1202061
"After learning that one of his valets was infected, Trump became "lava level mad" at his staff and said he doesn't feel it is doing all it can to protect him, according to a person close to the White House."

Why does he need protection, I thought we needed to be warriors and open up the country

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Nobody evil is going to die from COVID in a videogame huh? God really loving hates us that much.

Bo Jo getting into the ICU was one hell of a tease.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

Why does he need protection, I thought we needed to be warriors and open up the country

1) no virus for me
2) gently caress you

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shameful movie admission, I've only seen the original Thing from the 50s.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Watch the carpenter thing right this instant you weirdo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

nooneofconsequence posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

Look at Florida's pneumonia deaths. 4300 in 3 months. That's higher than any recent yearly total I can find by like 1000. (In 2017 it didn't even crack Florida's top 10 causes of death with #10 being 3k deaths https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/florida/florida.htm).

they're still tinkering super hard with their death rate somehow because the "deaths from all causes" rate for the period is still a little bit below normal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Watch the carpenter thing right this instant you weirdo

for real. it’s real real good

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

facetoucher cat posted:

Trump said he knows the aide but has had "very little contact" with
him.

In Trump speak, that means the man is a professional “cough-on-you-and-lick-all the-sharpies” guy.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Woofer posted:

A friend of mine’s company is going back to work on a rotational basis. She will to Tues. and Thurs. this week and MWF next week and only half of the staff will be there at a time and even so this seems stupid?

yeah if you're going to put people back to work it's better to give them straight shifts for a whole week, then two weeks off, alternating between three sets of people, so that any one set of people always does the two week quarantine after being the only ones who've been working on-site

if you're having one set of people do MWF and the other doing TThS, even if they don't cross-contaminate, having someone come in every other day still means they're infecting a bunch of people on the chance that they catch the 'rona

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Charlz Guybon posted:

Shameful movie admission, I've only seen the original Thing from the 50s.

Watching the 2011 remake then the 1982 original back to back is def worth a Saturday afternoon because they are both excellent movies and they flow together so well it's almost flawless

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Al-Saqr posted:

It's a numbers game. There simply aren't that many evil people - it would be pretty easy, in fact, to outnumber and overwhelm them.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1258722341552640001?s=19

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

oh we're just doing the trolley picture with everyone on one track but IRL now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I say skip the 2011 movie and just watch the Wilford Brimley The Thing

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

This is a tragedy and all but maybe sleeping on a railway track wasn’t the smartest idea.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I just saw a pro trump commercial and at first I thought it was an anti trump commercial because it was talking about what he has done and I was like "yeah that dude is a total turd" then it was like "isn't he dreamy!" I had a mini crack ping and smelled toast because their talking points were crappy things he had done and I guess I'm just not the target market

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

"fallen asleep on the tracks" seems like a nice way to write "mass suicide" or "mass murder"

Seriously you ever been on a railroad track? It's greasy and sharp and metal and tons of rocks, its probably the least comfortable place one could sleep.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

facetoucher cat posted:

I just saw a pro trump commercial and at first I thought it was an anti trump commercial because it was talking about what he has done and I was like "yeah that dude is a total turd" then it was like "isn't he dreamy!" I had a mini crack ping and smelled toast because their talking points were crappy things he had done and I guess I'm just not the target market

Welcome to the broke brain club!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

This is a tragedy and all but maybe sleeping on a railway track wasn’t the smartest idea.

I saw this and was like how can you be so loving stupid but then was upset with myself for being angry with dead people who were just run over by a train

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Anyway good morning COVID thread, I'm mad behind on work so I woke up early to catch up. Still looking for good Twitter follows to pass my quarantine time so if you're funny in the time of COVID link ya handle.

The only John Carpenter movie I've seen is They Live, which I love. My roommate has been trying to schedule a sit-down for The Thing and I disgracefully haven't made the time even though conceivably all we have is time, together even

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mycomancy posted:

Welcome to the broke brain club!

:toot:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I wonder if they had passed out on the tracks from exhaustion/ hunger/ dehydration :smith:

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

Watching the 2011 remake then the 1982 original back to back is def worth a Saturday afternoon because they are both excellent movies and they flow together so well it's almost flawless

Gonna show my rear end here a bit.

The 2011 one isn't a remake of the 1982 movie. It's a prequel to it. It flows so well because the events literally occur just prior to the 1982 movie.

Anyone interested should definitely watch the 2011 and then the 1982 one back to back. If only to see how much better the 1982 one did the special effects.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

got any sevens posted:

theres some kind of stupid covid conspiracy poo poo my cousin shared on fb. lol. she survived stage4 cancer last year too

That Plandemic video was heroin for chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

Anyway good morning COVID thread, I'm mad behind on work so I woke up early to catch up. Still looking for good Twitter follows to pass my quarantine time so if you're funny in the time of COVID link ya handle.

The only John Carpenter movie I've seen is They Live, which I love. My roommate has been trying to schedule a sit-down for The Thing and I disgracefully haven't made the time even though conceivably all we have is time, together even

They Live's fight scene is amazing! Others I like of his are In the Mouth of Madness and Big Trouble in Little China.

Follow https://twitter.com/uespiiiiii

https://twitter.com/uespiiiiii/status/1258733335381065729?s=20

it's SFW -ish

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 13:23 on May 8, 2020