Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
TURNIPS 458 for 2 more hours

closed

Come make some money, ill be around doing chores and stuff.

Helicoprion fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Helicoprion posted:

TURNIPS 458 for 2 more hours

https://turnip.exchange/island/5d3c186a

Come make some money, ill be around doing chores and stuff.

Thanks! On my way (in-game name is Karri). Might make two trips if that's okay?

Are you in need of anything?

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.
I gave everyone in my town little backyards and Merengue is going from yard to yard, sitting, and eating a fudgesicle.

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010

jassa posted:

Thanks! On my way (in-game name is Karri). Might make two trips if that's okay?

Are you in need of anything?

Not a problem, its kinda slow so take advantage while you can.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Turnips at 558, open for the next two hours ish. closed

Fossils and other random crap on the beach west of the airport, first come first serve.

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 8, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Is there some secret to catching tuna? Never seen one in my life

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Turnips at 504 for the next hour and a half. Limiting to one at a time, but because I think Pretty Good will be busier I'm happy for you to shop! Please be mindful of the queue if there is one. There's a server in Nooks' and good stuff in Able's.

Tips aren't necessary, but if you feel the burning desire please drop at my house! Help yourself to DIYs and fossils at the front.

https://turnip.exchange/island/c879122d

Edit: Rex is crafting a signpost. I was certain I already knew how to make this, but it turns out I knew the recipe for ANGLED signpost.

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 8, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sekenr posted:

Use bait and fish off the pier, chase away all but the biggest shadows.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I dunno where I read that shaking trees on your island each day will get you 2 wasps and 2 pieces of furniture, but my death to the 3rd wasp nest that dropped is on their hands :rip:

This worked the last few days but I stop after the furniture, so I must've been getting lucky

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Licarn posted:

I dunno where I read that shaking trees on your island each day will get you 2 wasps and 2 pieces of furniture, but my death to the 3rd wasp nest that dropped is on their hands :rip:

that's because it's 5 wasp nests and 2 furniture

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sekenr posted:

Pure RNG at the pier. I've used over 150 fish bait now and havent seen any of the new pier fish for northern hemisphere.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Chris Pistols posted:

Turnips at 504 for the next hour and a half. Limiting to one at a time, but because I think Pretty Good will be busier I'm happy for you to shop! Please be mindful of the queue if there is one. There's a server in Nooks' and good stuff in Able's.

Tips aren't necessary, but if you feel the burning desire please drop at my house! Help yourself to DIYs and fossils at the front.

https://turnip.exchange/island/c879122d

Edit: Rex is crafting a signpost. I was certain I already knew how to make this, but it turns out I knew the recipe for ANGLED signpost.

Against my better judgement, just put this as non-private on Turnip Exchange. The worst someone can do is wreck my flowers & pick fruit, right? I've no items lying around that I DON'T want people to take, so am I right in thinking there's no danger?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Chris Pistols posted:

Against my better judgement, just put this as non-private on Turnip Exchange. The worst someone can do is wreck my flowers & pick fruit, right? I've no items lying around that I DON'T want people to take, so am I right in thinking there's no danger?

People cant dig or move stuff around, so yeah. Stealing money tree bags, fruit, picking flowers is the worst they can do but it still sucks.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Chris Pistols posted:

If you want people to actually use the DIYs that probably won't happen, someone likely grab them all and just vendor them.
They can also stop the villager crafting, and generally annoy the heck out of people, by minus'ing out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just got some island feedback from a snowman which is pretty strange because it certainly hasn't snowed yet on my island.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Licarn posted:

If you want people to actually use the DIYs that probably won't happen, someone likely grab them all and just vendor them.
They can also stop the villager crafting, and generally annoy the heck out of people, by minus'ing out.

Yeah, I'm already seeing how few people leave the queue on the website when they leave the island. Choosing to believe it's out of honest ignorance rather than 'gently caress you, got mine'. At least it's easy to knock 'em off manually when there's only one at a time.

What DOES surprise me is how long some people take to come to the island once getting the code. I would have thought that if you were waiting in a queue you'd have all your stuff ready to go ASAP.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Licarn posted:

This worked the last few days but I stop after the furniture, so I must've been getting lucky

The White Dragon posted:

that's because it's 5 wasp nests and 2 furniture
Yeah and its only the non-fruit-bearing tress (hardwood or cedar) that will possibly drop furniture/wasps/coins. I started out the game planting trees all over the place, then eventually decided to streamline the wasp, furniture harvest, so whittled it down to just 10 hardwood, and 10 cedar, each of which are in regularly spaced 5x2 staggered rows. So I just go down the line with my net ready, shaking each one, expecting a wasp from a quarter of them.
Before a nest possibly drops, I know exactly where I plan to run a few steps to give a bit of distance, turn around (but not too abruptly or you can do a skid animation which might mess up your net timing), and press A, possibly holding A for a split second before release depending on how far away the swarm is.

The day after I did this, I got the "catch 5 wasps in a row" acheivement no problem, didn't even know it existed.
And getting the furniture is super quick and easy. The wasps themselves sell for a decent amount like 2500 iirc, and the nests can be crafted to honeycomb wallpaper if you have the diy, which also sells for a decent amount.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If you're standing in front of the tree and already have your net out when you shake it, you can just immediately swing and catch the wasp 100% of the time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone want Sprinkle the Penguin or Merengue the Cake Rhino

Sprinkles personality fixed itself and I have more than enough peppy villagers so I wouldn't mind seeing her go, and Merengue is insanely adorable but she was my starter 'normal' villager so her not having a special house upsets me a bit.

Tomorrow I'm going to be moving Cherry in via a amiibo and figured I'd ask in a day in advance in case someone was looking for either of them.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

My neighbor Octavian (https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Octavian) is packing his things and wants to move away to explore the world. Anyone want a squid pal? my code’s — first come first served

E: Saharah’s here as well

e: gone

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 8, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Chris Pistols posted:

What DOES surprise me is how long some people take to come to the island once getting the code. I would have thought that if you were waiting in a queue you'd have all your stuff ready to go ASAP.

This is a problem even with goons in the discord, and it starts causing congestion after some hours

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

My gf has been doing a massive landscaping project on our island, with the ultimate goal to have an archipelago of tiny islands connected by bridges.

Today we just found out you can only make 8 bridges at a time. gently caress this adorable game and its bullshit restrictions!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Licarn posted:

This is a problem even with goons in the discord, and it starts causing congestion after some hours

Yeah, beginning to see why a lot of people INSIST on tips. To keep it running smoothly/quickly you've got to be keeping your eye on it. Zero chance of actually playing the game at the same time.

Not that I'm complaining of course, I'm more than happy to do it, but people asking for tips doesn't seem as wholly entitled as I first thought.

Sailor Viy posted:

My gf has been doing a massive landscaping project on our island, with the ultimate goal to have an archipelago of tiny islands connected by bridges.

Today we just found out you can only make 8 bridges at a time. gently caress this adorable game and its bullshit restrictions!

Stepping stones it is, then?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Look nintendo, I know you haven't been making games for very long, but it seems pretty freakin obvious that a DIY stand in my house should be able to pull crafting materials from storage instead of just my pockets

I swear to god they do this stuff on purpose

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

precision posted:

Look nintendo, I know you haven't been making games for very long, but it seems pretty freakin obvious that a DIY stand in my house should be able to pull crafting materials from storage instead of just my pockets

I swear to god they do this stuff on purpose

And yet a cooler box on the other side of the island can pull all the clothes from your house inventory. Nintendo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sprinkles personality fixed itself and I have more than enough peppy villagers so I wouldn't mind seeing her go, and Merengue is insanely adorable but she was my starter 'normal' villager so her not having a special house upsets me a bit.

Tomorrow I'm going to be moving Cherry in via a amiibo and figured I'd ask in a day in advance in case someone was looking for either of them.

Sprinkle is adorable and I hope someone gives her a good home.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wish I had a spare lot, I want Merengue the most :negative:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I missed the last Sprinkle a goon was offering less than a week ago because I didn't have a plot open. I just had a plot open yesterday and already filled it, so I'm gonna miss this one too, haha.

I'll soon have Sprinkle or better anyway, since I just got Droid Joycon to work on my wife's phone. :toot:

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 8, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rollersnake posted:

If you're standing in front of the tree and already have your net out when you shake it, you can just immediately swing and catch the wasp 100% of the time.

yeah the wakeup DP being absolutely free is almost too much

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I‘d love to have Merengue in my town. :) Are you gonna be around tomorrow at the same time as your last post?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Okay, so Isabelle is on me to get rid of the fossils, recipes and clothing cluttering up my beach. Come and take what you like! Leif is also here, for all those none of you that don't have all the bushes and seeds you might need.

Dodo Code: 8J7KG

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Turnips are 301 for the next three hours on Atalanta! Opening up in case anyone needs a last minute offload. I set up a queue on the discord but PM here if you’d like a code too, I’ll try to keep on top of it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

TheDK posted:

2 of my residents are singing in the town square and have been at it all night. It's a really creepy sounding song. Also peep my new outfit!

I had four of them singing together the other night. It was cute for a few minutes but it was the same song over and over and I was in the area doing some landscaping so I got to hear it for like two hours :suicide:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

gey muckle mowser posted:

I had four of them singing together the other night. It was cute for a few minutes but it was the same song over and over and I was in the area doing some landscaping so I got to hear it for like two hours :suicide:

Throw a music player down and change the song periodically and they'll at least sing different songs

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Bonster posted:

Okay, so Isabelle is on me to get rid of the fossils, recipes and clothing cluttering up my beach. Come and take what you like! Leif is also here, for all those none of you that don't have all the bushes and seeds you might need.

Dodo Code: 8J7KG

Thank you! I was visiting from Yggdrasil. Snagged two DIY cards, sadly no Ammonite fossil on the beach. Also bought some oranges at Nook's.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Feeling super lucky today. We had talked about a handful of villagers we wanted to start looking for now that we have spots to fill. On just my 6th island visit I found Chevre. :3:

How many others are there with French theming? We're also looking for Jacques. Gaston less so, though his house is pretty hilarious.
E: And there's Costeau, who says oui oui but has a clearly Asian inspired house? Weird.

Nibble fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 8, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Good morning goons!

If anyone's intersted Sahara is wandering around my town right now, but more importantly Lucha is crafting Gold-Armor Shoes right now.

Nothing is required, but if you have a screen wall, I will happily take it off your hands, or catalog it if it's orderable. I'll be mostly AFK though so feel free to run around

Dodo code is: CLOSED FOR NOW

All the stuff in the back is fine to catalog, but please don’t take

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 8, 2020

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I wanna start giving my villagers gifts more often but I don't want them to put janky furniture in their house if I just throw stuff I don't want at them. Can anyone confirm the types of gifts that won't immediately be put into use?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Good morning goons!

If anyone's intersted Sahara is wandering around my town right now, but more importantly Lucha is crafting Gold-Armor Shoes right now.

Nothing is required, but if you have a screen wall, I will happily take it off your hands, or catalog it if it's orderable. I'll be mostly AFK though so feel free to run around

Dodo code is: JBS6N

I checked and I only have a modern screen wall and shoji screen wall. I used the one i had for a golden screen wall.

Edit: someone quit with - apparently and I didnt get to learn the recipe. :(

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

I checked and I only have a modern screen wall and shoji screen wall. I used the one i had for a golden screen wall.

Edit: someone quit with - apparently and I didnt get to learn the recipe. :(

Yeah I just got booted too with a communication error :(