Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i either have to take a shower or file for uti haha little quarantine humor just joshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

speaking directly to me

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

i have quite a large beard, so this is actually interesting to me...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Acelerion posted:

I have been on furlough and it's been absolutely impossible to file for UI. I bet that's a massive undercount.

it's intentional

Serf
May 5, 2011

i had to go pick up medicine yesterday and town was as busy as i've ever seen it. people are everywhere and all the restaurants are slammed lmao. not a mask in sight either

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

some people will be dead so i guess hes right

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ardennes posted:

The US base there is massive and is basically a self-contained town, and other nations also have pretty large bases. There is going to be an active discussion about colonization in a few decades. You can zoom into the Palmer/Antartica Penisula and already see the damage being done.

climate change in antarctica and the artic circle leads directly to WW3

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Serf posted:

i had to go pick up medicine yesterday and town was as busy as i've ever seen it. people are everywhere and all the restaurants are slammed lmao. not a mask in sight either

where?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/KarenChristensn/status/1258195775810502656

thread and this dude literally died to own the libs

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ArmZ posted:

it's intentional

It's so the government can fudge the numbers by a percent or two in normal times and pretend things are better than they are. When 1/4 are out of work or more nobody is fooled by the numbers.

Charlz Guybon has issued a correction as of 14:30 on May 8, 2020

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Company I work for announced a 15+% Q1 profit after cutting employee pay by 10% and announcing coming layoffs. Fun.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I went for a run yesterday

crossing the LIE, standstill traffic into the city

looking up at the Kosciusko Bridge, slow as ever

good news!!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Serf posted:

no one wears a mask around here anymore, the people I saw wearing a mask a few days ago just stopped for some reason. I've not been anywhere so I can't speak to that but I guess it's over, we won!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

pigz posted:

Company I work for announced a 15+% Q1 profit after cutting employee pay by 10% and announcing coming layoffs. Fun.

that's always fun and exciting in a surprise murder hornet stuck in your uncut hair kinda way. Hang in there <3

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that was at like noon too, lol

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

there is no higher calling

Serf
May 5, 2011

georgia baby

facetoucher cat posted:

no one wears a mask around here anymore, the people I saw wearing a mask a few days ago just stopped for some reason. I've not been anywhere so I can't speak to that but I guess it's over, we won!

i am pretty much the only person wearing a mask and gloves and folks are looking at me like i'm crazy lmao

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

From the Guardian liveblog:

Here’s an update on the terrible news that a group of migrant workers has been killed by a train in India – from our South Asia correspondent Hannah Ellis-Petersen.

India may have been under the world’s largest lockdown for almost two months but the exodus of its tens of millions of migrant workers, who, without any transport or any way to earn money have taken to walking sometimes thousands of miles in baking heat to get back home, has continued unabated.

In one of the most tragic incidents so far, it has emerged that 16 exhausted migrant workers, who were attempting to walk the 150 miles home to Bhusaval in the state of Maharashtra, died after falling asleep on the train tracks. According to Virendra Singh, the 22-year-old who was the only one of the group who survived, they had presumed that because trains had been stopped during lockdown, it would be safe to briefly rest on the tracks. They were run over at 5:15am on Friday morning by a train travelling from Mumbai.

“We wanted to go back to our village as for the past month and a half there was no work and no money,” said Singh. “We had started walking at 7pm on Thursday and at 4am everyone’s legs were in pain, and so we took a rest on the tracks. When I heard the train sound from the distance I screamed at them to move, but they were asleep and did not hear, and the train mowed them over.” The train tracks were left littered with the meagre possessions they were carrying, including battered shoes and the few roti they were surviving on.

India’s lockdown of its 1.3bn people has been described as one of the largest and harshest in the world, depriving the 80% of India’s workforce who work in the informal sector of a way of earning a living. Migrant workers who did not attempt to walk home have been confined to camps and reliant on food donations from government and NGOs.

Cases of coronavirus in India currently stand at 56,516, with 1,895 deaths. Experts say the country has not yet reached its peak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08464cd42969db

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

Watching the 2011 remake then the 1982 original back to back is def worth a Saturday afternoon because they are both excellent movies and they flow together so well it's almost flawless

The thing that makes me the most angry about the 2011 prequel is they shot the movie with practical effects to stay true to the 1982 movie and then some film executive overrode the team and demanded CGI monsters because he felt modern movie audiences would think the practical effects would be goofy not scary

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not all heroes wear capesmasks

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Dehumanize yourself and face the murder hornets

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

nobody itt has this level of dedication, that's a fact

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I wonder if he ever had a moment of doubt as he was gasping for air

probably not

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at the study on how Fox News fans were less likely to take precautions and follow medical advice related to CV.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's so the government can fudge the numbers by a percent or two in normal times and pretend things are better than they are. When 1/4 are out of work are more nobody is fooled by the numbers.

let me direct you to the president and the MAGA crowd who absolutely is fooled

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't feel owned

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ArmZ posted:

let me direct you to the president and the MAGA crowd who absolutely is fooled
Even they aren't fooled. They are making a conscious decision to lie in order to make themselves feel better.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Serf posted:

georgia baby

i am pretty much the only person wearing a mask and gloves and folks are looking at me like i'm crazy lmao

It's such a poo poo show here. Kemp is now saying everyone should get tested regardless of symptoms. Just all gerogia go get tested. of course there is already a huge backlog of Georgia tests that can't be processed.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...ck2aLncOU8wuFP/

quote:

Gov. Brian Kemp urged all Georgians to schedule an appointment for coronavirus screening regardless of whether they have symptoms, as the state continues to expand testing for the disease even as the rapid growth has exposed new strains.

With the state no longer facing crippling shortages of key supplies, Kemp said Thursday that the capacity for testing now outstrips the public’s demand in the weeks after he began to reopen parts of the economy. That has stressed area labs, however, struggling to keep up with record numbers of tests.

He's clearly trying to flood the system with tests so people can't say he's not testing. Or that you can't get tests. You just can't get results.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

unless they were in the process of divorcing or something, kind of unusual to refer to your spouse as "avid MAGA"

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

vote trump maga kaga bing bong die in the bathroomreal american

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charlz Guybon posted:

Even they aren't fooled. They are making a conscious decision to lie in order to make themselves feel better.

At some point they believe the lie so hard it becomes real at least

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Serf posted:

georgia baby

When I would go out before wearing one I was looked at like a freak I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I go to home depot eventually for curbside pickup with this down the street a bit

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

unless they were in the process of divorcing or something, kind of unusual to refer to your spouse as "avid MAGA"

It's part of the kink

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://twitter.com/KarenChristensn/status/1258195779719532545?s=20

What an rear end in a top hat

Serf
May 5, 2011

pigz posted:

It's such a poo poo show here. Kemp is now saying everyone should get tested regardless of symptoms. Just all gerogia go get tested. of course there is already a huge backlog of Georgia tests that can't be processed.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...ck2aLncOU8wuFP/

He's clearly trying to flood the system with tests so people can't say he's not testing. Or that you can't get tests. You just can't get results.

i'm just going to sit at home, do my work and keep growing my vegetables. georgia is going to look like italy soon lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So I thought I was crazy but I thought I heard gunshots last night and now there's a helicopter circling in the abandoned area that I thought I heard them coming from so lmao that's great

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

facetoucher cat posted:

So I thought I was crazy but I thought I heard gunshots last night and now there's a helicopter circling in the abandoned area that I thought I heard them coming from so lmao that's great

You heard an execution

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Serf posted:

i'm just going to sit at home, do my work and keep growing my vegetables. georgia is going to look like italy soon lmao

I half-assed planted picked beans but they just look like poison ivy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr Hootington posted:

You heard an execution

That's where my hopes and dreams and social graces went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

facetoucher cat posted: