Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

gregday posted:

1 million active cases in the US

smh it took a virus to get the people of the US to be active

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

pigz posted:

It was pr thing of course there's empty boxes
The non-empty ones were probably already the hospitals or don't have masks in them.

Liberals love this poo poo so they do it. I still keep hearing about how Trump doesn't say some somber words about people dying when it's clear he is totally fine with people dying.

Decorum decorum

Make no mistake Obama and all these dems do the same poo poo empty boxes and all

This one was the best though. They didn't even have permission from the soup kitchen, Ryan's team just barged in and staged photos and left.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-wash-dishes-2012-10

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

would be a shame if more people kept flooding that website with poo poo

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lmao I can’t wait for them to just straight up say no more testing allowed, coronavirus is gone, ignore the piles of pneumonia corpses, SACRIFICE YOURSELF TO NUMBER

lmao

just lmao

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258737907520724992?s=20

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
trump freaking out about the virus made me realize he's gonna get it soon enough.

he might be asymptomatic sure. maybe. maybe not.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Come to my factory

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

real mad because it's harder to breathe this morning for some reason, and i was sick back in mid-late march

virus is a gently caress

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

COVID-420 posted:

trump freaking out about the virus made me realize he's gonna get it soon enough.

he might be asymptomatic sure. maybe. maybe not.

I already got my hopes up once about this, I'm not doing it again

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Corona-Chan is closing in

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PlagueBringers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wanna read books you people wrote during quarantine. get writing. i will buy and read goon fiction

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Squizzle posted:

i wanna read books you people wrote during quarantine. get writing. i will buy and read goon fiction

while you wait for goon books I read "The Betrothed" back in April and it was rad, highly recommend.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

When Trump's prediction outpaces my own prediction (147,069) is when I'll start getting worried

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

Everyday is somehow worse than the last. It's incredible.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

gregday posted:

1 million active cases in the US

That's 1.2 million active cases WITH symptoms and somewhere around 400,000 asymptomatic cases.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1258770798564855817

e: double post, don't care

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 16:10 on May 8, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
they r both old enough to go stage iii full-on lung infestation

its no joke

only a matter of time if they insist on business as usual & i hate it

i wonder if trnb wuld take it seriously if it happen 2 him

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

so that's two WH staff testing positive?

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

lolling, you're supposed to now trace and order anyone who came into close contact with the positive case into a 14 day quarantine

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lolling, you're supposed to now trace and order anyone who came into close contact with the positive case into a 14 day quarantine

rules don't apply to them

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Zeriel posted:

That's 1.2 million active cases WITH symptoms and somewhere around 400,000 asymptomatic cases.
200k have recovered, so it's a million active. I have to figure that 5% of those will die, so 50k more dead are baked in even if no one else gets it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how small business tyrants had meltdowns because the UI benefit pays better than many dead end miserable jobs in retail or the restaurant.

Why would people not want to return back to a unsafe environment with less wages?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I already got my hopes up once about this, I'm not doing it again

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SKULL.GIF posted:

When Trump's prediction outpaces my own prediction (147,069) is when I'll start getting worried

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

etalian posted:

lmao how small business tyrants had meltdowns because the UI benefit pays better than many dead end miserable jobs in retail or the restaurant.

Why would people not want to return back to a unsafe environment with less wages?

https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1258604369617973248

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Mothmansplainer posted:

Everyday is somehow worse than the last. It's incredible.

there's always more and it's always worse.

-this is tattooed on my eyelids, the soundest wisdom known to man

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

UFOTacoMan posted:

there's always more and it's always worse.

-this is tattooed on my eyelids, the soundest wisdom known to man

a friend and i used to say this to one another every week or so as a mantra

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

wheels up for some u kno what

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Meanwhile, abandoned cruise ships are clustering together for safety and warmth.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33338/satellite-images-show-armadas-of-vacant-cruise-ships-huddling-together-out-at-sea

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/570268562.html

quote:

Tyson Foods says its largest US pork plant will reopen Thursday after a major coronavirus outbreak forced the company to shut down the facility two weeks ago.

The plant in Waterloo, Iowa, which employs about 3,000 people, was one of several major meat processing plants to close its doors in recent weeks because of a Covid-19 outbreak among staff members. The closures have led to meat shortage forecasts and purchase limits at some grocery store chains.

The Black Hawk County health department linked the Waterloo Tyson plant to 182 of the county's Covid-19 cases on April 21. A week prior, Waterloo Mayor Quentin Hart called for the Tyson facility to be temporarily closed.

That was posted on 4am May 7th fast forward to 9pm on May 7th

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ure/3092376001/

quote:

More than 1,000 workers at the Tyson Foods plant in Waterloo have tested positive for the coronavirus, a county public health leader said Thursday — more than double the number Gov. Kim Reynolds had said were infected the day before.

The news came Thursday as the Arkansas company reopened the plant after a two-week closure following a spike in COVID-19 cases there.

The 1,031 Tyson employees confirmed to have the coronavirus included workers who were tested at the plant during the shutdown as well as at private health-care providers, Black Hawk County public officials said. The number includes workers who exhibited no symptoms.

Reynolds said Wednesday that 444 workers at Tyson's Waterloo plant had tested positive. She said they were among a total of 1,653 meatpacking plant workers who tested positive at four plants. The others were Tyson pork processing plants in Columbus Junction and Perry, and an Iowa Premium beef processing plant in Tama.

caveat

quote:

Tyson said all the plant's returning staff members have been tested for Covid-19 and plant employees who have not been tested will not be allowed to return to work. The company said employees who have tested positive for the coronavirus will remain on sick leave until health officials say its safe for them to return to work.

Tyson also said it has doubled its bonus pay for frontline workers and plant employees who can't come to work because of illness or childcare issues related to Covid-19. They will continue to qualify for bonus pay as well.

How do we all think that's going to work out?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

This is a large part of why the UI thing is a failure. I swear the bill had protections for people who didn't feel safe going to work but those were obviously going to get ignored everywhere to save the state budgets money

Everyone should have just gotten 300/week flat til July and there wouldn't be such an incredible outcry to force infections to ramp back up. But nope!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

seattle plague rat posted:

they r both old enough to go stage iii full-on lung infestation

its no joke

only a matter of time if they insist on business as usual & i hate it

i wonder if trnb wuld take it seriously if it happen 2 him

i mean, he would, but just for himself since he gives zero shits about anyone not named tmprub

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

this is terrible, they only do this when they are scared :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

where is he governor

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/s...ingawful.com%2F

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

euphronius posted:

where is he governor

our hearts

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

This is a large part of why the UI thing is a failure. I swear the bill had protections for people who didn't feel safe going to work but those were obviously going to get ignored everywhere to save the state budgets money

Everyone should have just gotten 300/week flat til July and there wouldn't be such an incredible outcry to force infections to ramp back up. But nope!

Ohh come on. How would we pay for that?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a.lo posted:

who’s going to be the 100k death winner
Winner should win a free cremation, the waiting list on those things is massive.

This was a couple pages back but this is obviously a twitter fanfic on par with witty comebacks that make everybody clap tweets and wise things my 4 year old says tweets