Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

best case scenario, on of his staff told him he gets the special presidential covid test where he spits in a dixie cup and an hour later they just tell him he's fine

Don't need to fake it. We already know that Donald Trump is the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump can never die; he is punishment for our sins.

We should have never cancelled Firefly.

Imagine President Mike Pence though. :barf:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Shadow0 posted:

Donald Trump can never die; he is punishment for our sins.

We should have never cancelled Firefly.

Imagine President Mike Pence though. :barf:

Joss Whedon's account spotted

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Bogus Adventure posted:

Joss Whedon's account spotted

Would Joss Whedon's later weird stuff never have happened if Firefly hadn't been canceled, or was Firefly destined to turn into a western-themed space opera as creepy and blindly self-regarding as Dollhouse?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

Would Joss Whedon's later weird stuff never have happened if Firefly hadn't been canceled, or was Firefly destined to turn into a western-themed space opera as creepy and blindly self-regarding as Dollhouse?

I would have liked to see a full season. Maybe two. Definitely no more than that.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Firefly is just a bad version of Cowboy Bebop prove me wrong

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I just looked up Dollhouse and apparently it was only two seasons long and I could have sworn it was 4 seasons long, that show was so loving bad, where are the Dollhouse stans?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Firefly is just a bad version of Cowboy Bebop prove me wrong

the only watchable episode of firefly is a man named jane

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I just looked up Dollhouse and apparently it was only two seasons long and I could have sworn it was 4 seasons long, that show was so loving bad, where are the Dollhouse stans?

I thought it had some cool ideas lol

But it had an insanely bad plot twist at the very end

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

There was a lot of prostitution in Firefly. Also fey, otherworldly naked feet on women with mental disability.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The greatest thing that happened to Firefly was getting cancelled early before whedon could get his own preferred scripts in lol

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

LonsomeSon posted:

Given one of the last episodes involves a slick black Boba Fett-type bounty hunter who threatens captured women with rape, uhhhhhhh.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LonsomeSon posted:

One word: starfishing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Joss "the boss' Whedon

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Joss Wheedon is a creepy piece of poo poo who hates women, his popularity amongst woke liberals is very appropriate

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Given one of the last episodes involves a slick black Boba Fett-type bounty hunter who threatens captured women with rape, uhhhhhhh.

oh god i had forgotten about that

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
nice to see everyone else realizing that joss wheedon has always been bad

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

Joss Wheedon is a creepy piece of poo poo who hates women, his popularity amongst woke liberals is very appropriate

He seems very confused and surprised whenever he discovers his own reactionary politics or hatred of women, like he's convinced himself that he believes in something when in actuality he believes in nothing. Like when people say that Firefly is a defense of and justification for libertarianism, he responds by saying he's a democrat and his characters are good individual people, as if that has anything to do with glorifying the lost cause myth.

I imagine him cheating on his wife went similarly, with a confused Joss explaining that it doesn't matter that he cheated on her for a decade by pressuring his subordinates at work to gently caress him, because he knows that he's a feminist. His response to her article in the New York Times or wherever she published it was that it contained inaccuracies, but he couldn't point to any factual errors or inconsistencies.

He's trapped in the liberal mind prison, like all his fans.

He also seems like the kind of witty guy who could become cruel really easily if he felt his ego getting threatened, like a less diagnosable Dan Harmon.

Apr 7, 2003

Dan Harmon knows he's a piece of poo poo, though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just mean with regard to turning cleverness into cruelty in order to protect his ego or exert control over a partner trying to leave or assert themselves. Like they are probably both experts at making women feel stupid in order to lower their self-esteem.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

She is lying, this is the covid version of those tweets when someone’s kid says something super wise.

what when you go to the ER they don't ask you your favorite broadcast news show

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He seems very confused and surprised whenever he discovers his own reactionary politics or hatred of women, like he's convinced himself that he believes in something when in actuality he believes in nothing. Like when people say that Firefly is a defense of and justification for libertarianism, he responds by saying he's a democrat and his characters are good individual people, as if that has anything to do with glorifying the lost cause myth.

I imagine him cheating on his wife went similarly, with a confused Joss explaining that it doesn't matter that he cheated on her for a decade by pressuring his subordinates at work to gently caress him, because he knows that he's a feminist. His response to her article in the New York Times or wherever she published it was that it contained inaccuracies, but he couldn't point to any factual errors or inconsistencies.

He's trapped in the liberal mind prison, like all his fans.

He also seems like the kind of witty guy who could become cruel really easily if he felt his ego getting threatened, like a less diagnosable Dan Harmon.

Alternatively he's totally aware of it all and is just a gaslighting prick. He has an established persona as his primary defense against anyone calling him out on being a reprehensible human, projected as the gee golly willikers I never thought of it that way, I'm a feminist dontcha know, what do you mean my work is deeply misogynist? Meanwhile he's a Weinstein-lite for years.

Whatever the reason the ultimate behavior is indistinguishable and the fact that Whedon was not disgraced and exiled was an early red flag that #MeToo was nothing more than online cosplay for liberals who want nothing to actually change.

God I loving hate Joss Whedon gently caress!

Apr 7, 2003

His name is Joseph. People who insist on cutesy 'unique' nicknames for common given names are universally pricks in my experience.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

my bony fealty posted:

Alternatively he's totally aware of it all and is just a gaslighting prick. He has an established persona as his primary defense against anyone calling him out on being a reprehensible human, projected as the gee golly willikers I never thought of it that way, I'm a feminist dontcha know, what do you mean my work is deeply misogynist? Meanwhile he's a Weinstein-lite for years.

Whatever the reason the ultimate behavior is indistinguishable and the fact that Whedon was not disgraced and exiled was an early red flag that #MeToo was nothing more than online cosplay for liberals who want nothing to actually change.

God I loving hate Joss Whedon gently caress!

Wait what? Women calling out their rapists and abusers was them doing online cosplay and wanting nothing to change? Huh?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait what? Women calling out their rapists and abusers was them doing online cosplay and wanting nothing to change? Huh?

They were being used. The only reason they were embraced and accepted and touted was because it allowed liberals to do woke cosplay. That's why the charade ended immediately when Tara accused Biden.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They were being used. The only reason they were embraced and accepted and touted was because it allowed liberals to do woke cosplay. That's why the charade ended immediately when Tara accused Biden.

Most of the women involved in #metoo were liberal. How are they meaningfully different than these nebulous "other liberals" you're talking about?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

#MeToo worked (in that it exposed rapists and abusers and resulted in some sort of punishment for them) for a very, very, very small number of women -- mostly wealthy and/or media-connected women with an online platform. The MeToo "movement" was, yeah, mostly online cosplay for liberals in that it let do-nothing epic twitter thread white feminists take on the mantle of social justice and victim advocacy while letting them keep far away from advocating for any sort of structural change that might help the people that bear the overwhelming brunt of rape and sexual assault: poor and working-class women, and amongst those especially immigrants, sex workers, the disabled, and people of color.
We see, now, it absolutely was worthless lib cosplay because as soon as 'ol rapey Joe was credibly accused of rape all of that poo poo instantly collapsed and the same freakin' epic bacon west wing how dare you mr. president sir libs that were the proud defenders of women under hashtag metoo immediately started cribbing from the 4chan MRA rape denier playbook.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

His name is Joseph. People who insist on cutesy 'unique' nicknames for common given names are universally pricks in my experience.

It's worse than that. He's named after Joe Hill. Imagine turning your back on that name.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Most of the women involved in #metoo were liberal. How are they meaningfully different than these nebulous "other liberals" you're talking about?

The ones who aren't hypocritically defending Joe Biden and running rape apologist smears on Tara Reade are the ones who are meaningfully different

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Elephant Ambush posted:

They are rape victims?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Metoo was neutralized almost immediately by the media insistence that it describes only the situation of famous actors or others in the entertainment industry, rendering it something to watch celebrities engage in as a sort of entertainment as connected to one's own actual life as an episode of SVU.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

most people care about their own rape! that caring appears to end pretty abruptly when it's happening to someone else, and being done by someone even vaguely notable in your social circle

it's not a lib-specific problem but if you get sexually exploited by an Important Man people will be lining up around the block to shut you up about it

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 17:04 on May 8, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

most people care about their own rape! that caring appears to end pretty abruptly when it's happening to someone else, and being done by someone even vaguely notable in your social circle

it's not a lib-specific problem but if you get sexually exploited by an Important Man people will be lining up around the block to shut you up about it

Joni Ernst was raped in college and never reported it but voted Kavanaugh through. It's like the only moral abortion is my abortion.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1258786475279343618

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That's ok, he can just pray away the 'rona!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

#MeToo worked (in that it exposed rapists and abusers and resulted in some sort of punishment for them) for a very, very, very small number of women -- mostly wealthy and/or media-connected women with an online platform. The MeToo "movement" was, yeah, mostly online cosplay for liberals in that it let do-nothing epic twitter thread white feminists take on the mantle of social justice and victim advocacy while letting them keep far away from advocating for any sort of structural change that might help the people that bear the overwhelming brunt of rape and sexual assault: poor and working-class women, and amongst those especially immigrants, sex workers, the disabled, and people of color.
We see, now, it absolutely was worthless lib cosplay because as soon as 'ol rapey Joe was credibly accused of rape all of that poo poo instantly collapsed and the same freakin' epic bacon west wing how dare you mr. president sir libs that were the proud defenders of women under hashtag metoo immediately started cribbing from the 4chan MRA rape denier playbook.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Thank you both for explaining and not replying with pithy one liners. I appreciate it.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BigDave posted:

That's ok, he can just pray away the 'rona!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1258827448915046404
some good chuckles in the replies

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1258804881156120579

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU