Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

This might be the funniest thing I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have not had sex since I created this account.

:same:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

PittTheElder posted:

This might be the funniest thing I've ever seen

If you have never watched The Civil War doc you should if just to hear Shelby Foote talk about main figures as if he really knew them.

It’s incredible, his intimacy and depth of knowledge.

Also it is a great documentary and arguably Ken Burns’ best. Vietnam and Country Music are also amazing.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

dialhforhero posted:

If you have never watched The Civil War doc you should if just to hear Shelby Foote talk about main figures as if he really knew them.

Also it is a great documentary and arguably Ken Burns’ best. Vietnam and Country Music are also amazing.

Counterpoint: Shelby Foote’s southern sympathies and Ken Burns’ affection for hearing Shelby Foote talk have prolonged the nation’s tolerance for those traitorous shitbags

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Dear Idiot:

The burden is not on her, but if she feels more strongly about it than I do, I would be happy to defer to her. This is a general sort of modus operandi of mine, which I can shorthand for you as "don't be a dick."

Eat my rear end,

Pastry of the Year

"Look at what happens when a woman complains about the Karen meme. The internet doubles down even harder to harass the woman"

I stand by everything I said.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
IMPORTANT meme request. It's a tiny monkey mouse looking thing with a funny face and it's saying "HERBS"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

MageMage posted:

"Look at what happens when a woman complains about the Karen meme. The internet doubles down even harder to harass the woman"

God you are loving awful

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

IMPORTANT meme request. It's a tiny monkey mouse looking thing with a funny face and it's saying "HERBS"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

YES!!! Thank you!!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

MageMage posted:

My rear end, uneaten, when the Idiot posted

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Counterpoint: Shelby Foote’s southern sympathies and Ken Burns’ affection for hearing Shelby Foote talk have prolonged the nation’s tolerance for those traitorous shitbags

:hmmyes: :smith:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Trevor Hale posted:

:hai:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I really liked that doc generally, too, but every time Shelby Foote appeared on screen and especially when he started talking about how great Nathan Bedford Forrest, notable KKK leader, was I got more and more irritated. And unfortunately, Ken Burns gave Foot a LOT of screentime.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

isn't magemage the one who crashed into a car thread screaming about people using 'tranny' to refer to a transmission?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
edit: yes ^^^^

MageMage posted:

anyway

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

MageMage posted:

"Look at what happens if a white person complains about some other white people being labeled nazis!" Also you forget that being a Karen, like being a nazi, is a choice, unlike being black or gay or whatever. Not only is it a choice, it is a choice to be vile, condescending and entitled, and it is extremely easy to choose not being a Karen. At least religious extremists often have the excuse of being raised in an environment of non-stop indoctrination and they know no better. You should. Get bent, dipshit.

Also topical:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:hmmyes:

Except the penis creator one kinda bugs me because it is inconsistent with the slider going from more to less and less to more.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Truly the dark souls of UI design

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbBaM0Fl0Vs

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Yes.

YES.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Snowy posted:

I kinda want a pair of those pants, am I a Nazi

Buy a pair of cream trousers and go stand in a harbour for a few weeks.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

A new DLC for Total War: Warhammer 2 is coming out that i want because i like goblins
It has the largest lad you could find.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
This thread needs a Karen to talk to the magemager.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

This is an incredible proclick

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

dialhforhero posted:

I have seen it, and the way Shelby Foote talks about those guys is loving weird. Others gave pointed out the way that hurts the series so I'll leave it there.

Also Ken Burns' Vietnam is terrible. He spends next to no time talking about the conditions of the primary combatants (hint: it's Vietnamese people), or examining the structural issues within South Vietnam that caused the American effort there to fail, all in favor of basically producing A Boomer's History of Vietnam. Then he basically parrots the Republican party line about the war: "we totally won except that those faithless Democrats sold out South Vietnam at the last second".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When is Ken Burns' Karen?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

When is Ken Burns' Karen?

in 1979 a wise woman inverted what was known as an expression of kindness and culpitude, and with that, a haircut was born

"Excuse you," she said

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

in 1979 a wise woman inverted what was known as an expression of kindness and culpitude, and with that, a haircut was born

"Excuse you," she said

Join us on this 17 part journey into the minds of Karens everywhere

*slow zoom into b&w photo of Kate Gosling*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's something very zen and/or topical about "Brazilian" and "Amazon rainforest" being polar opposites

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's too bad "The Long March" is taken

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I need the mormon woman with the stupid names on a chalkboard but with the japanese baseball game names instead if someone has it handy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I need the mormon woman with the stupid names on a chalkboard but with the japanese baseball game names instead if someone has it handy

Damnit, I've seen this before in some thread. It exists.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:yeshaha:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

:hmmyes:

Except the penis creator one kinda bugs me because it is inconsistent with the slider going from more to less and less to more.

so you've never used the dark souls character creator, or

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

GIT REKT

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/PuppetMasterIX/status/1258266641122508801

I don't remember if I posted any examples before but Ronaldinho Soccer 64 bait and switch have been a thing in the last few days on twitter

https://twitter.com/chefmaeda/status/1256234470077841409

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Are neutron star pubes available on new game+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

I have seen it, and the way Shelby Foote talks about those guys is loving weird. Others gave pointed out the way that hurts the series so I'll leave it there.

Also Ken Burns' Vietnam is terrible. He spends next to no time talking about the conditions of the primary combatants (hint: it's Vietnamese people), or examining the structural issues within South Vietnam that caused the American effort there to fail, all in favor of basically producing A Boomer's History of Vietnam. Then he basically parrots the Republican party line about the war: "we totally won except that those faithless Democrats sold out South Vietnam at the last second".

Weird because when I watched it I got a huge gently caress The Man feeling because I felt it focused a ton on the hubris of America, an inflated sense of ridiculous pride, and a deep ego desire of Not Being The First President To Lose A War. The main take aways I got were that from Eisenhower to now Nixon the US is was a giant piece of poo poo.