Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Astronomy nerd in me was a bit perturbed that the moon doesn't rise an hour later each day but now I'm okay with it because it means you can make a 24-hour sun/moondial.

https://twitter.com/tayter_swift/status/1258836197645770753?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

I'm hoping to catalog all the floor lights! Anybody interesting in swapping?

I currently have: Green, Pink, Purple, and White.

Looking for: Blue, Light Blue, Orange, and Red.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Elvis is making jail bars. Come on over!

Dodo code is MCJCF

This island is a tropical paradise. So glad I visited!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

Astronomy nerd in me was a bit perturbed that the moon doesn't rise an hour later each day but now I'm okay with it because it means you can make a 24-hour sun/moondial.

...Does that sundial actually work? Because if it does, I think I'm going to make one too. That's crazy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Closed thanks for everyone being chill.

Turnips at 271

Roscoe is making Raccoon statues.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 8, 2020

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

blahz posted:

I have those, so you can stop by and catalog if you want. -done-

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 8, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

blahz posted:

I'm pretty sure I have either Orange or Red, but can't recall off the top of my head. I'd love to trade for a purple or green or even just let me pick one up and put back down.

EDIT: well sheeeeeeeeee-it, can't really beat the offer above me, haha

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yo I'm looking for the blue and red throwback wrestling figures, I can offer the pink, green, gold or black in return. Lemme know if you want to trade.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

blahz posted:

I have a blue you can have. Don't really need anything in return, but I'd catalog the others just to have em.

Edit: LOL nevermind..

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Lol well, I have all 8 colors so anyone else is free to stop by if they wanna catalog the floor lights!

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Nondevor posted:

I have those, so you can stop by and catalog if you want. FJGCM

Cool stopping on by!

Thanks for everyone else who offered too, and hope to see y'all there!

Edit: Got em. Thanks again! I really need to step up my island aesthetic after seeing yours.

blahz fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 8, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tayter Swift posted:

That's awesome. I like when the time of day rapidly jumps forward if you leave the game minimized all day then jump back in, seeing that, I'm curious if it actually fully plays out the sun's movement in fast forward.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Had a slight hiccup but we're back, I think someone left with the minus button. Turnips are still at 446 until 7 pm

https://turnip.exchange/island/d48089d8

can't connect.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Lol well, I have all 8 colors so anyone else is free to stop by if they wanna catalog the floor lights!

Hey I sent you a PM about the lamp thing, if there's anything else you're looking for let me know and we can work something out.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

incoherent posted:

can't connect.

Try now, I just added myself to the queue and it worked. If not any goon who wants in PM me for the Dodi code

Edit: screw it, come on over goons: 5BYT1

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 8, 2020

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Tayter Swift posted:

I really like this idea and will definitely try it on my island!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Tayter Swift posted:

I was thinking you could get the grass texture and add a nice number on top and then I just had an idea they have those number shirts maybe could leave there. heh

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

JHVH-1 posted:

I was thinking you could get the grass texture and add a nice number on top and then I just had an idea they have those number shirts maybe could leave there. heh

You can make a custom design with a transparent background and then a dark green color for the numbers, plop that down, then it'd just look like you etched it into the grass

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

JHVH-1 posted:

You can add transparency to custom designs so just make a number on a transparent background.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

blahz posted:

Cool stopping on by!

Thanks for everyone else who offered too, and hope to see y'all there!

Edit: Got em. Thanks again! I really need to step up my island aesthetic after seeing yours.

No problem! Glad to help everyone who visited.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sorry for making GBS threads up your island for like two hours dude i just buy too many turnips every week

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

The White Dragon posted:

sorry for making GBS threads up your island for like two hours dude i just buy too many turnips every week

it's not too many until your island looks like this
https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1251864475675668480

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Anybody’s nook twins buying turnips at a halfway decent price? I need to offload these things before they spoil tomorrow.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I've had a bunch of visitors but no one's showing up on my friends list. Does it not count if they come via dodo code? Some of them are definitely switch friends already.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Maelle, the fancy French duck is moving out and in boxes if anyone wants to come get her. Dodo code is: 5QDWB

There’s gently caress all else going on in my town. Saharah is around selling something, and Jesus space rabbit might be handing out Shell Bed DIYs. So if other people just want to come by, come on down.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

The White Dragon posted:

Sorry, my island went offline whilst i was not looking. Reopened now, turnips at 423
Closed, Thanks everyone

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 9, 2020

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

So is Redd supposed to be an uber rare occurrence? I’ve had him on my island just once after the day he gets his ship. I mean, I terraformed two ramps and everything!

Not to mention I WANT SOME drat ART.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Two more hours of goons wanna sell turnips for 446:

GATES CLOSED. Thanks for everyone that came by!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 9, 2020

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Try now, I just added myself to the queue and it worked. If not any goon who wants in PM me for the Dodi code

Edit: screw it, come on over goons: 5BYT1

strange. i still can't connect! i'll reboot my switch.

e: you should be getting a new dodo code for each open.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 8, 2020

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Two more hours of goons wanna sell turnips for 446:

5BYT1

oh drumsticks says my Orville. can't connect

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Sorry guys I had it set to friends only. New code for everyone!

L1N8Y

Sorry for the trouble

Tybalt is also crafting Jungle Flooring if you need that

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 8, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So is Redd supposed to be an uber rare occurrence? I’ve had him on my island just once after the day he gets his ship. I mean, I terraformed two ramps and everything!

The only times I've had him was that first day when he's wandering around, then the day after that he was on his ship, he sold me a fake Venus de Milo and hasn't shown his cowardly face since :argh:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Jxforema posted:

Sorry, my island went offline whilst i was not looking. Reopened now, turnips at 423
https://turnip.exchange/island/81498805

TY dropped a little sumthing something by your AFK

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Seriously. I get Kicks and Leif just about every third day, and Label about once a week. Sahara comes by just a little less than that. I've only had Red twice. I even get Celeste more than Red. If they're all in the same pool, I've got to have real poo poo luck.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

E-flat posted:

I’m glad I got to sneak in! Hope I didn’t hold up things too much. I got so much inspiration from your island!

also
I am not good at this game :downs:

lol, the game censored you on my end. I didn't realize it did that, though it's obvious it would now that I think about it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyone want alli the alligator in a cheetah print

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sorry guys I had it set to friends only. New code for everyone!

L1N8Y

Sorry for the trouble

Tybalt is also crafting Jungle Flooring if you need that

Thanks! Love your island.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Soysaucebeast posted:

Seriously. I get Kicks and Leif just about every third day, and Label about once a week. Sahara comes by just a little less than that. I've only had Red twice. I even get Celeste more than Red. If they're all in the same pool, I've got to have real poo poo luck.
I get Sahara/Kicks/Wisp all the drat time, but everyone else avoids my island like the plague.

I've got so many bugs I want to turn into statues, but Flick has only shown up twice.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Thanks! Love your island.

Thank you so much! I put in a lot of work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Blaziken386 posted:

I get Sahara/Kicks/Wisp all the drat time, but everyone else avoids my island like the plague.

I've got so many bugs I want to turn into statues, but Flick has only shown up twice.

Flick only shows up when it’s raining. All I can catch then are locusts. But I can’t hate on flick, he fuckin’ rules.