Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I tried to guess the product the entire way through.

I was not even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spacetoaster posted:

I tried to guess the product the entire way through.

I was not even close.

My guess was on an arms manufacturer and I guess it's still a tool of mass murder in the sense that capitalism has killed more than war so I'm claiming a win.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/logainne/status/1258854446051864578?s=20

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/new-monopoly-celebrates-womens-empowerment-what-about-games-overlooked-female-inventor-180973106/

quote:

At the start of the game, female players get more money from the banker than guys—$1,900 versus $1,500—and also collect $240 each time they pass go, rather than the usual $200. Instead of investing in real estate properties, players sink their money into inventions created by women, like “WiFi ... chocolate chip cookies, solar heating and modern shapewear.”

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 23:36 on May 8, 2020

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This would be a lot less offense it they just put a bow on everything like Ms. Pac-Man

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ahhhh gently caress you!!!!

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

This would be a lot less offense it they just put a bow on everything like Ms. Pac-Man

It would be a lot less offensive if the last dozen posters hadn't fallen for exactly what that ad was trying to do. Lure us in then give us a memorable shot of the product. Then pay people to tweet it out so it lands on social media (including comedy forums).

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

BigHead posted:

It would be a lot less offensive if the last dozen posters hadn't fallen for exactly what that ad was trying to do. Lure us in then give us a memorable shot of the product. Then pay people to tweet it out so it lands on social media (including comedy forums).

oh shut the gently caress up

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

BigHead posted:

gently caress! They played us like a dam fiddle! Now everyone in the thread is buying Ms. Monopoly. You win this round Hasbro :argh:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

when i make a post i control your thoughts because you're thinking about this post right now SUCKER

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Slippery Nipple posted:

when i make a post i control your thoughts because you're thinking about this post right now SUCKER

:smug: you are now posting automatically, and aware of the position of your posts on the forums :smug:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Have some more of these, last one has been scrubbed from the internet

https://twitter.com/rysimmons/status/1144283018825277440

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1193987805984231425

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wVXA/northrop-grumman-anyone-can-dream

My guess is these are all by the same agency and this is their one weird trick for viral ads and /or advertising awards

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

If you've seen Dolan's 'Mommy' there's two major needle drops, Oasis's Wonderwall and Ludovico Einaudi's Experience and the two of those ads with very similar cinematography feature reworks of those songs so that's pretty weird too

crack ping I guess

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

BigHead posted:

I'm buying five

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

BigHead posted:

idiot

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

BigHead posted:

The point of advertising is so some oil exec's failson who got a degree in English Lit at Bard for a cool quarter mil can nevertheless be rewarded with capital's ill-gotten gains, not to actually move product.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I didn't think this could get worse but it did

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

The point of advertising is so some oil exec's failson who got a degree in English Lit at Bard for a cool quarter mil can nevertheless be rewarded with capital's ill-gotten gains, not to actually move product.

lol. I bet advertising doesn't work on you

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

self made huh

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

indigi posted:

lol. I bet advertising doesn't work on you

bard alumni located

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Too on the nose, they almost had me.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ms. monopoly is a TERF and small business tyrant

where's mx. monopoly? or the landLADY's game??

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Ms. Monopoly just created an app where for every coffee you purchase, 1 dollar will go towards buying an American a pair of shoes.

Her app is valued at a trillion dollars.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

self made huh

Look uncle monopoly only gave me an interest-free loan of $600,000 to get going I built my portfolio of women's inventions all by myself dammit!!!

Also I hope soft-serve ice cream is in there so young girls can learn the inspiring story of heroic women of capital like Thatcher

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
get back to me when they have a non-binary monopoly based on that character from billions

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
This is actually amazing, because the game that monopoly was blatantly taken from, was invented by a woman who received next to nothing for it.

You couldn't make this poo poo up.

Oh look, someone has already written an article about this

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-misplaced-feminism-of-ms-monopoly

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hasbro puts out Ms. Monopoly while also publicly reporting their male employees get 70% more bonus compensation vs. their female employees. Females also make 10% less across the board.

https://www.hasbro.com/common/documents/430E4F3F6BFD10148A8EF35124427085/7ECA14078A8F4BDE88149F3B27E86E64.pdf

e: lol the footnote blames women taking maternity leave for the bonus pay gap.

less than three has issued a correction as of 06:47 on May 9, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

solution - give men paternity leave

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Or make mpreg a thing for amab guys, then mandate at least one gay abortion per year

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

taqueso posted:

solution - give men paternity leave

Then men will be having babies just to get out of work instead of pursuing their careers, you know how men are, I don't want to hire someone who's just going to leave to start a family in a few months!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crosspostin' from the pos again:

I can't wait to start making more conscious brand decisions

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol yeah will somebody please think of all those natural sights that are wasting away as nobody tramples through them throwing litter all over the place

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

I thought it was gonna be a tampon commercial.

For fucks sake.

Zenithe posted:

This is actually amazing, because the game that monopoly was blatantly taken from, was invented by a woman who received next to nothing for it.

You couldn't make this poo poo up.

Oh look, someone has already written an article about this

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-misplaced-feminism-of-ms-monopoly

There's also a dollop episode about this if y'all don't mind blatant plagiarism.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like how it's ostensibly meant to celebrate woman-made inventions... but the "celebration" is "how can we extract rent from this by denying its use to others"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sorry, not getting tricked into watching an ad.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:barf:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BigHead posted:

:fuckoff: with this performative poo poo. You understand this thread is for posting and laughing at the exact kind of poo poo in that tweet right?

Lambert posted:

Sorry, not getting tricked into watching an ad.

:jerkbag:

I can't believe there was a time in my life where racist puppet guy was considered funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lolin at still subscribing to the idea that ads are mind control that overwrites your subconscious. gotta be careful where I step!!!