Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Have they updated the greenskin skill trees for lords and heroes?

You want schemes? I got Schemes!

(Skarsnik new unique skills)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it just me or do a lot of these streamers who do a stream of this new content basically go "well I don't want this to be boring and I just want to show off the new stuff so I'll play on very hard so it's a challenge and get into really massive fights very early on that I barely win so I have to spend ages replenishing and lose some of my cool units pretty much straight away". It just seems to be a running theme in a lot of them that I've watched for each of these big dlc releases, not massively annoying I just find it amusing.

cant speak for sure but a lot of the streamer are mp-oriented and not very good at the campaign. turin for instance is mediocre while his buddy italianspartacus is bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gejnor posted:

Ooh, those look propah good.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ooh, those look propah good.

Da Great Green Prophet!

(only partial on this one, the initial ones are the same he got as before as i recall, but these new ones.. holeeey shiieeeeet)

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Part of it is these campaigns aren't important to them as they're just showing off new stuff so there's no stakes in it for them, so they do dumb stuff for the laughs. Another part is on the higher difficulties it is a legit strategy to make a really risk play to get an edge in early, so while yes their army is in tatters, they've broken the AI faction and they can mop up and grab a few settlements/an entire province.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CEj8YA4Xzk

If this is how strong Grimgor is in a custom 1v1 battle he's going to be an ungodly nightmare duelist in campaign.

Those are meme level buffs. Grimgor, at least lore wise, shouldn't be winning by that much against all of those characters. I really hope he doesn't go live like that.

Like the good is that even against monsters he stay standing, which is very important. But NotHunter of Champions and two 30 second items is way too much put together.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Loremaster stream coming up tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3p7Qy1nvo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Total War: Warhammer 2 - Paunch and Moody

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Total War: Warhammer 2 - The Odd Couple

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Eimi posted:

Those are meme level buffs. Grimgor, at least lore wise, shouldn't be winning by that much against all of those characters. I really hope he doesn't go live like that.

Like the good is that even against monsters he stay standing, which is very important. But NotHunter of Champions and two 30 second items is way too much put together.

lorewise couldnt grimgor have taken archeon so they didnt have them actually fight

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ammanas posted:

lorewise couldnt grimgor have taken archeon so they didnt have them actually fight

In Storm of Chaos he joined forces with Archaon to make him stronger for when they did fight. What happened was after Archaon killed Valten Grimgor decides now is the time to dual him and surprise attacks Archaon winning by default. I don't think it was because he'd totally punk him, just more a joke on the campaign and general Greenskin nature. When they have a rematch in End Times Archaon wins but that could be attributed to Chaos Winning everything. The only other major lore figure I know who he tangled with was Katrarin, which wasn't as much of a fight as she froze the rest of his army into icicles so he went back to the badlands to have another go at her later.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it just me or do a lot of these streamers who do a stream of this new content basically go "well I don't want this to be boring and I just want to show off the new stuff so I'll play on very hard so it's a challenge and get into really massive fights very early on that I barely win so I have to spend ages replenishing and lose some of my cool units pretty much straight away". It just seems to be a running theme in a lot of them that I've watched for each of these big dlc releases, not massively annoying I just find it amusing.

I mean... sounds like they're playing the game its meant to be played instead of steamrolling in easy mode and not getting a feel for how the new stuff actually plays under real conditions?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

drat, when I saw how many posts were new in the thread I hoped it was a bunch of nerds talking about the physics and aerodynamics of crossbow bolts but instead it’s just all about the new update.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dandywalken posted:

Greenskin replenishment still sucks it seems :(
Greenskins can encamp at 0% movement now, which gives them at least some replenishment. They also get a tech, and I bet $1,000,000 the new hero has replenishment as the campaign skill.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Twigand Berries posted:

drat, when I saw how many posts were new in the thread I hoped it was a bunch of nerds talking about the physics and aerodynamics of crossbow bolts but instead it’s just all about the new update.

the new update is making all projectiles hitscan

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

theres pretty much zero chance thorgrim lasts past turn 50 after this update lmao im pretty sure grimgor can solo all of the silver road

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the new update is making all projectiles hitscan

also makes all ranged unit reload twice as fast

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New DLC, ooh look at me downloading this again, I should just keep it perma installed on my PC until the next TW Warhammer game :v:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ammanas posted:

theres pretty much zero chance thorgrim lasts past turn 50 after this update lmao im pretty sure grimgor can solo all of the silver road
Yeah, on the battlefield. Autoresolve basically reads the book of grudges into the battle results.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh hey i forgot this Wurrzag skill, silly old me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gejnor posted:

EAT poo poo LUTHOR.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gejnor posted:

Might actually be good to skip Underbosses because Skarsnik really needs his goblin lords leveled up enough to make regular goblins threatening.

Gejnor posted:

Welp, nice knowing you dwarves.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Eimi posted:

But have you considered Grimgor is da best?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Eimi posted:

Grimgor's whole thing is that he never gives up. Ever. He's lost most of the duels he's taken part in across his career, but the context is that he's already fought half an army or more before getting to the point where he's dueling the leader. The idea is that, in a 1v1 fight, Grimgor is drat near unstoppable and it's just his sheer lust for fighting that actually works against him. He will keep fighting until he gets bored, but he will go through entire armies in the process.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Grimgor fought Crom the Conqueror to an inconclusive end because his Waaagh! routed before he did, at least in the Storm of Chaos.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Eimi posted:

*stuffs you in locker*

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Eimi posted:

Sure, but that's also kind of all he does. Most of those other lords are mounted or pretty fast and so can dictate the engagement. Most of them also come with a lot of other area buffs, a LOT of AoE, or spells. Like, he struggled against Vlad and Vlad is also a full caster. Foot Tyrion came down to RNG and a mounted Tyrion probably wins (and can be wherever he wants, unlike Grimgor)

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Grimgor being scary and powerful seems cool, so I'm happy for the change. There are ways to work around his strengths.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Sure, but that's also kind of all he does. Most of those other lords are mounted or pretty fast and so can dictate the engagement. Most of them also come with a lot of other area buffs, a LOT of AoE, or spells. Like, he struggled against Vlad and Vlad is also a full caster. Foot Tyrion came down to RNG and a mounted Tyrion probably wins (and can be wherever he wants, unlike Grimgor)

Yeah exactly that, he is a brute, but all the other combat lords also come with a metric crapton of utility and spells or flying monsters and auras, it's fine if he crumps some gits that get close enough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm wondering how nasty his blood forged armour would be on a wall during siege battles.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

What are Grimgore's new skilltree nodes, got those handy, Gejnor?

Anno
May 10, 2017

It looks like even non-LLs get cool portraits now?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah I saw Gorfang Rotgut had a custom portrait.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I'm Pro-Crumpin'.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

KazigluBey posted:

What are Grimgore's new skilltree nodes, got those handy, Gejnor?

So far he only has one new skill in that tree, the rest are the same as live:

Edit:

Figured i may as well add in Azhag's stuff as well:

Oh and every single item he had got a buff:

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 9, 2020

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Anno posted:

Grimgor being scary and powerful seems cool, so I'm happy for the change. There are ways to work around his strengths.

Also the solution to an OP Grimgor is the same solution as for every OP thing in the game - fill it full of 1000 bullets, which every faction is capable of doing.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Gejnor posted:

Figured i may as well add in Azhag's stuff as well:

Do all healing abilities now say how much you regenerate? I hope so, that's good info.

Also even heroes seem to have cool portraits now, too. Nice.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anno posted:

Do all healing abilities now say how much you regenerate? I hope so, that's good info.

Ayup.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Gejnor posted:

what the

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Oh yeah. And people seem to forget the other thing i posted;

This comes down to a Foot of Gork unupgraded spell costing 6 winds of magic for Wurrzag once you've gotten it fully from his skilltree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Wurrzag was always the best orc, who needs Grimgor