Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Joey McChrist posted:

my favorite part is the vincels commenting that bisch is more 'successful' than dave, despite the near 40 years the observer has been running
Dude literally made the decision to move back in with his parents to be able to do the Observer full time until he could build it up to the point he could move back out, used the pay for his national newspaper column to buy an ad for the newsletter because that was his primary business, and built it up to the point he makes huge money from the comfort of his hugely expensive San Jose house running his own business. And has only gotten more and more successful as the years have gone on.

Bischoff, meanwhile, (allegedly) made empty promises to ex-AWA production staffers to get them to write puffed up/BS letters of recommendation to get the job that changed his life, the WCW Executive Producer gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best part is that Dave lives rent free in Eric's head every day and Dave probably only thinks of Eric once in a while for the 30 seconds it takes to dunk on him in a tweet

You can tell that Dave doesn't even consider him a person of interest and it's really funny

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave probably doesn't waste even more than 10 seconds on Eric given how huge of a dumbass Dana White is being

Man I expect some fire on the next WOR regardless if the show happens or not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave probably doesn't waste even more than 10 seconds on Eric given how huge of a dumbass Dana White is being

Man I expect some fire on the next WOR regardless if the show happens or not

He's recording a show with Garrett tonight.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I expect Dave to rip Dana multiple new ones tonight.

For those unaware, a fighter on the weekend's UFC show tested positive for the rona, and was at the weigh-ins so could very well have infected everyone on the show.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

njsykora posted:

I expect Dave to rip Dana multiple new ones tonight.

For those unaware, a fighter on the weekend's UFC show tested positive for the rona, and was at the weigh-ins so could very well have infected everyone on the show.

Supposedly the AEW crew is also at the same hotel while taping this week.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Gumball Gumption posted:

:stonk:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

lmao what a hell timeline we live in

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

UFC assured everybody that they knew he was possibly infected in advance but took steps to isolate him till they could confirm, and therefore the system worked. At the same time they were assuring everybody of this, photos and videos were being released of Jacare just hanging out in crowds of other fighters, he also attended the weigh-in, and his two cornermen have also tested positive for COVID-19.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

UFC assured everybody that they knew he was possibly infected in advance but took steps to isolate him till they could confirm, and therefore the system worked. At the same time they were assuring everybody of this, photos and videos were being released of Jacare just hanging out in crowds of other fighters, he also attended the weigh-in, and his two cornermen have also tested positive for COVID-19.
holy poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the main reason dana white and vince mcmahon and to whatever extent tony khan do these things is not really out of ignorance but because they know nothing bad will happen to them even if the worst case scenario happens

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1258906051950206977?s=19

Dave is on a roll today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meltzer: In Japan it isn't considered noble to needlessly fire a bunch of employees in the middle of a global pandemic.

Edit:

Garrett: Well we're almost out of time so I'll just get in one last question
there are 20 minutes left to go on the audio file

:allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 9, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dave says "one last thing" with 13 minutes to go.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Great show. Love a GG show once in a while.

One bitch I have - Dave is dead wrong that buying the UFC show on PPV is indirectly supporting them, and fans shouldn't feel guilty. Fans are absolutely responsible if they support the shows financially.

How effusive Dave got about Snowden's Shamrock book, dispute the fact the two of them don't get along, is peak Dave. He insists on having small snipes about little mistakes, especially on items that Snowden could have asked him about to correct, but still love the book so much.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

81sidewinder posted:

One bitch I have - Dave is dead wrong that buying the UFC show on PPV is indirectly supporting them, and fans shouldn't feel guilty. Fans are absolutely responsible if they support the shows financially.

It really felt like he was moving the goal posts with that one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

81sidewinder posted:

Great show. Love a GG show once in a while.

How effusive Dave got about Snowden's Shamrock book, dispute the fact the two of them don't get along, is peak Dave. He insists on having small snipes about little mistakes, especially on items that Snowden could have asked him about to correct, but still love the book so much.

What's the point of declaring his fanbase guilty for buying this show when so many of them already give money directly to WWE.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

What's the point of declaring his fanbase guilty for buying this show when so many of them already give money directly to WWE.

Why bring it up at all, then?

mariooncrack posted:

It really felt like he was moving the goal posts with that one.

Same

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

81sidewinder posted:

Why bring it up at all, then?

Same

Wasn't it a mailbag question?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gotta agree that Dave did a great job advertising that Shamrock book. I have no interest in reading it but he was so effusive in how great it was that I started thinking,"Huh, maybe I should check that out..." and that's all the more remarkable given apparently he doesn't like the author?

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone know why Dave doesn't like Snowden?

Also, I too would recommend the Shamrock book. It's quite a dark read so far but it's really good.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

duckdealer posted:

Anyone know why Dave doesn't like Snowden?

Also, I too would recommend the Shamrock book. It's quite a dark read so far but it's really good.

Snowden is a real dickhead. Just a dog poo poo personality. He also happens to have a really deep knowledge of MMA history.

But he was unbelievably irritating when he wrote about modern stuff. Maybe he's changed- I quit reading anything he wrote years ago- but he constantly wrote click bait before that was even a term. He must have really loved those "Post your contentious opinions about..." threads on DVDVR back in the day.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Big Bidness posted:

Snowden is a real dickhead. Just a dog poo poo personality. He also happens to have a really deep knowledge of MMA history.

But he was unbelievably irritating when he wrote about modern stuff. Maybe he's changed- I quit reading anything he wrote years ago- but he constantly wrote click bait before that was even a term. He must have really loved those "Post your contentious opinions about..." threads on DVDVR back in the day.

I can see that. On his Twitter he mostly seems cool then occasionally posts something stupid.

Mostly cool but occasionally stupid is Dave's brand!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Snowden’s a dweeb. Unblock me Dave so we can share vitriol!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Snowden’s books are generally pretty good because he takes them seriously. The rest is of his work is annoyingly bad because he tries hard to be edgy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
who is bryan rose and why should i bother watching him play wrestling games on f4w's twitch stream when newlegacyinc exists

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who is bryan rose and why should i bother watching him play wrestling games on f4w's twitch stream when newlegacyinc exists

Also nL now does streams with Adam Cole and Xavier Woods. Very hard sell for everyone else to compete against that

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Big fan of this image from the latest best of B&V.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that poor suspension

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The cough is back :ohdear:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Snowdon is such a fanny. Bryan dunked on him a few times.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Prazak's back!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1259695190861852672

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan has a great line on the new B&V show where he complains the MVP/Truth/Lashley segment only happened so Dave could talk about false advertising for 10 minutes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan has a great line on the new B&V show where he complains the MVP/Truth/Lashley segment only happened so Dave could talk about false advertising for 10 minutes.
The show was a lot of fun but by the time they made it to the MitB match they'd gotten so exhausted they left out a lot of dumb poo poo about the match and Bryan even thought Otis climbed the ladder, they didn't even mention how stupid the real finish was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

The show was a lot of fun but by the time they made it to the MitB match they'd gotten so exhausted they left out a lot of dumb poo poo about the match and Bryan even thought Otis climbed the ladder, they didn't even mention how stupid the real finish was.

Yeah within 10 minutes we got better Vinny rants about how much Tamina and Bray suck.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan will occasionally make a sort of catty comment about Dave on one of the other shows and it always rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to B&V now and yeah holy poo poo Vinny's ranting about Tamina and Bray is the best.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I liked when Bryan talked about stupid things he wears, Vinny cuts in that his family laughs at his stupid clothes, offering a jacket as an example.

Bryan happily saying "I liked that jacket" and moving on was the perfect amount to discuss it.

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to B&V now and yeah holy poo poo Vinny's ranting about Tamina and Bray is the best.

I really hope this match was them throwing Tamina a final match before she retires.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The crowd in Dave's head is the new talking weights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1259255226537672705?s=19