Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Bread is looking good so far

Jestery fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

tardwrangler posted:

There's a daily megg mogg & owl in the webcomics thread in byob.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822798&userid=130500&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

He's really good at making GBS threads out a storyline on the trot.

I can’t breathe holy lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i got up to the storyline where werewolf jones is about to sit on the giant tfab dildo on a webcam when I realised I've eaten a whole pizza while reading these

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I bought the first Meg & Mog book a few years back, it was alright until out of loving nowhere all the characters decide to gangrape one of the others. Kind of killed my interest in reading it after that

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I bought the first Meg & Mog book a few years back, it was alright until out of loving nowhere all the characters decide to gangrape one of the others. Kind of killed my interest in reading it after that

apparently that happened to someone the author knew

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ trying to get some of that sweet webcomic money and makes a dark adaption of the Funny Bones skeletons

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Blow posted:

I'd scored a ½oz of weed and was somewhat wasted waiting for a train at Sutherland railway station. Platform 3.

A loving Steam Train pulled in on platform 2.

Smoking, hissing, chuffing, steaming, clanking.

but tell us about the train

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ making a hand illustrated webcomic about a carton of sour cream and a 600ml dare iced coffee

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rage is showing a whole bunch of clips right now by The Stranglers, to around 2:20AM AEST.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The reason for the The Stranglers clips :\
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stranglers-dave-greenfield-dead-993682

Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk also died recently (cancer),, so Rage also showed a bunch of Kraftwerk clips tonight, which I missed, oh well.

Some of the clips by both bands will be repeated ~6-7AM (very) late Saturday night, and 1:30 to 2:40AM late Sunday night. (All times AEST).

Sad to see two great musicians go.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jestery posted:

Bread is looking good so far

Looks bready good to me.

I'm trying a new recipe and the fucker won't rise. I thin I skunked my last kilo of flour

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
What does everyone think of the roadmap back to mostly normal which was announced yesterday?

It looks fairly OK to me and hopefully having timelines will help people to be patient and comply with the current restrictions for just a little longer.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is the stanglers the golden brown song

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Isaac posted:

Yep

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Coming down on LSD and watching rage at 3am is such a fond memory

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Sniffly as anything today and I have no idea whether I've got a cold or just really bad hayfever. Antihistamines aren't helping, either.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lolie posted:

What does everyone think of the roadmap back to mostly normal which was announced yesterday?

There's nothing wrong with having a plan. The issue is always going to be wanting to implement it faster than is reasonable. It would only take a few outbreaks where people spread it through a restaurant or a food court, and the virus will be back spreading throughout the community again.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

My going back to normal plan is to do everything the government says two weeks after they announce it. They say its safe for pubs to reopen again? Great, I look forward to going in two weeks time. We can have multiple guests around to visit? Awesome, lets organise something for the weekend after next. I'm happy to let everyone else rush out immediately and be the guinea pigs. We've waited this long, whats another couple of weeks?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Tokamak posted:

There's nothing wrong with having a plan. The issue is always going to be wanting to implement it faster than is reasonable. It would only take a few outbreaks where people spread it through a restaurant or a food court, and the virus will be back spreading throughout the community again.

That's where I think we've been smart in limiting numbers at each stage. What remains to be seen is how well those limits are policed.

Businesses and customers alike will only respect the limits if the consequences of breaching them are both immediate and visible.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Low reporting numbers or not, the likelihood is that people in the community have had the condition with relatively mild symptoms and just weathered it under isolation.

[edit]
so generally my concern is people are going to not stick to the social distancing once we take a step down and it'll go bad again

CAMP FARTING ROCKS fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 9, 2020

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zazi posted:

Low reporting numbers or not, the likelihood is that people in the community have had the condition with relatively mild symptoms and just weathered it under isolation.

Absolutely, but we won't be able to measure that until a reliable antibody test is widely available. There's just so much we don't know about this virus right now.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I had a boomer barrel through the exit getting into the Coles and push me to the side into the counter in order to get in.

I'm not like " boomer flu , sacrifice the old and weak" but it feels like being able to accept and adapt to this new normal seems like as good a social integration test as anything and I wouldn't shed a tear if that man's actions eventually led him to contract covid

My parents are of a similar age and masking up, limiting out of the house activity etc

Natural consequences I guess

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jestery posted:

My parents are of a similar age and masking up, limiting out of the house activity etc

Natural consequences I guess

I'm a bit horrified by how many people 45 plus I know who aren't shielding in any way. Many of them still have kids at home, too.

Likewise, my elderly neighbours are doing nothing to limit their exposure to the outside world.

Meanwhile, my whole family is living in bubbles.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It has been a bit of a worry of mine working in a school

A lot of the teachers are rather old and I worry for an outbreak

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Better start drinking your own piss in Sydney, the seppos are mining under the dam.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
At least Rockhampton has the barrage.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

Better start drinking your own piss in Sydney, the seppos are mining under the dam.

This makes me rationally angry at the complete lack of disregard for our public health by the government tbh

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I went on a small family picnic today down the Royal National Park to meet up with my olds and my sister and her kids.

What a loving beautiful day. It was perfect. So quiet and tranquil.

The boatshead is open, so there were people rowing and paddling around. 3 rather smoking hot French chicks in a rowboat rowed up and one approached me. Asked me if I had a cigarette. "Sure" I said. "Do you know how to roll?". She did. Manu was her name, she said. Like the chef Manu from tv.

We were throwing a Frisbee (my Frisbee) around and my brother-in-law said if you put it in the river you have to retrieve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJMMd2RjvDg

F
Nov 6, 2005

Blow posted:

I went on a small family picnic today down the Royal National Park to meet up with my olds and my sister and her kids.

What a loving beautiful day. It was perfect. So quiet and tranquil.

The boatshead is open, so there were people rowing and paddling around. 3 rather smoking hot French chicks in a rowboat rowed up and one approached me. Asked me if I had a cigarette. "Sure" I said. "Do you know how to roll?". She did. Manu was her name, she said. Like the chef Manu from tv.

We were throwing a Frisbee (my Frisbee) around and my brother-in-law said if you put it in the river you have to retrieve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJMMd2RjvDg

ulimwangusha mtu yeyote?
:2bong:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Isaac posted:

Yes, The Stranglers recorded Golden Brown, and many other catchy numbers, about none of which made it to the Australian charts except Golden Brown, from memory.

Hugh Cornwell stated, "'Golden Brown' works on two levels. It's about heroin and also about a girl. Essentially the lyrics describe how "both provided me with pleasurable times."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Brown

(Which surprised me, I thought the song was just about opium use before reading that.)

The Stranglers early albums were New Wave, a label/category used back then for later,more complex/ better-played punk. They got arty after two or three albums, but arty in a mostly good way. Later albums, as with most bands, started getting pretty ordinary, til they got their old gutsy sound back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQHnmyV4vk

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

F posted:

ulimwangusha mtu yeyote?
:2bong:

Hapana.

Nakupenda na unataka kupigwa?

Kwaheri.

F
Nov 6, 2005

naweza kutumia google kutafsiri pia, oval office.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

F posted:

naweza kutumia google kutafsiri pia, oval office.

Umm, that was off the cuff so to speak.

Kuma.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

Yes, The Stranglers recorded Golden Brown, and many other catchy numbers, about none of which made it to the Australian charts except Golden Brown, from memory.

Hugh Cornwell stated, "'Golden Brown' works on two levels. It's about heroin and also about a girl. Essentially the lyrics describe how "both provided me with pleasurable times."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Brown

(Which surprised me, I thought the song was just about opium use before reading that.)

The Stranglers early albums were New Wave, a label/category used back then for later,more complex/ better-played punk. They got arty after two or three albums, but arty in a mostly good way. Later albums, as with most bands, started getting pretty ordinary, til they got their old gutsy sound back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQHnmyV4vk

I had no idea that Golden Brown was about Heroin.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Blow posted:

I had no idea that Golden Brown was about Heroin.

This is an ironic post right? The lyrics aren't exactly subtle.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

anti-magic posted:

This is an ironic post right? The lyrics aren't exactly subtle.

Dude. I always tell the truth when I post. I very rarely lie or deploy sarcasm.

I think the song got wired in my head when I was a small child.

It always reminded me of brown sugar.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I wish the glorious weather this morning didn't mean that a heap of fuckwits will go out and ignore social distancing rules.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 9, 2020

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It's also in a weird time signature 13/3 if I remember rightly so you count

Something like that

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The first few albums had a really strong rhythm section with fruity keyboards and dumb lyrics. good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xH9_9znxWM&list=PL8a8cutYP7fpjNyhG1xh7BRfnhxrDyGzS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cooking up some short ribs for Mum.