Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

This season got too convoluted towards the end in trying too much with an already used plot device of people being taken over by another consciousness. Between the actual Primes, the pretend Primes, the Primes pretending to be the original host, the original host pretending to be a Prime, people on drugs, Darth Heda and Octavia not remembering her stay in the Anomaly there were few people left who were just themselves.

Darth Heda is coming back as HAL count on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I feel like I missed an episode. Octavia went into the green thing, ???, Octavia came out. Why was Dioza literally Hitler? Did we ever see her again? Was that woman right at the end who shanked Octavia her daughter? Was this all a dream?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I feel like I missed an episode. Octavia went into the green thing, ???, Octavia came out. Why was Dioza literally Hitler? Did we ever see her again? Was that woman right at the end who shanked Octavia her daughter? Was this all a dream?

Yes Octavia chased after Diyoza and they went into the anomaly. Octavia came out a few moments later and her arm was healed.
Russell said that Diyoza was mentioned in the same vein as Hitler in the Sanctum records. Basically she was the world's most wanted terrorist who attacked and did bombings against a(her own?) fascist government. Bin Laden would have probably been more apt a comparison.
No we don't see Diyoza again after she steps into the anomaly.
Yes, it was her daughter.
Maybe???

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The anomaly gave Octavia a job to do and now that it's finished it took her back maybe?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes Octavia chased after Diyoza and they went into the anomaly. Octavia came out a few moments later and her arm was healed.
Russell said that Diyoza was mentioned in the same vein as Hitler in the Sanctum records. Basically she was the world's most wanted terrorist who attacked and did bombings against a(her own?) fascist government. Bin Laden would have probably been more apt a comparison.
No we don't see Diyoza again after she steps into the anomaly.
Maybe???

Thanks buddy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This season was weird because it is pretty clearly not a complete story. Even when other seasons had continuing beats they still managed to wrap up their existing plot points before hitting the finale.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe???

No that was clearly what they were going for.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

MiddleOne posted:

There was a whole thing earlier where Diyoza said she was going to name her daughter Hope. So yeah, definitely a mini-Diyoza with a knife.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MiddleOne posted:

The maybe was in response to his joke of "Was this all a dream?". :negative:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Disappointed they teased us with invading other planets only to cancel the show. So I guess next year will be ~~+THE ANOMALY+~~ and Diyoza Jr.

It's too bad, because they literally could have went to the other planets every season for 5 more seasons and found other hosed up worlds. Also it seems there's a dangling plot thread with Eligius, Becca, etc.

Murphy was fantastic this season though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Clark’s last scene. JFC she really sold that breakdown.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

muscles like this! posted:

This season was weird because it is pretty clearly not a complete story. Even when other seasons had continuing beats they still managed to wrap up their existing plot points before hitting the finale.

It felt like they had to cut a lot out yeah. I hope they keep the same number of episodes but make them 60 minutes to tell the story for the last season but that probably won’t happen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Despite the setting being a whole new planet it felt really small and stifling. I feel like there were only like 3 sets the whole season.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Twas a good series, ending was a little rushed. They made sure to show dozens of the rebels charging past the shield shouting DEATH TO PRIMES but then they didn’t really do any fighting... guess they just got to town, realised the primes had just left, so went back home?

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
I'm catching on this show after being busy with other stuff with more than a year. I just watched episode 3 of Season 6. It's been pretty good and interesting so far. Best part: the guy in charge learning about Clarke's history of mass murder and immediately deciding "no, just no, get her the hell out of here."

More generally, I never thought I'd ever say this, but repeatedly blowing up the entire setting was the best thing to ever happen to this show. Things got so much better once the people in charge stopped trying to be Baby's Game of Thrones and J Roth had a chance to just make the sci-fi anthology series that he clearly always wanted to make. I'm disappointed to learn that next season will be the last, which means that I only get one more chance to see just what ridiculous plot twist the show is going to throw at us in the season finale, but despite some significant rough patches along the way, it's been a good ride so far. I think it would be really great if J Roth could go on to run something along the lines of The Twilight Zone, because I think this show demonstrates that he really is good at that sort of thing, and I think he'd be even better at it without having to figure out how to fit each crazy new premise into a pre-existing setting.

INH5 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 21, 2019

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I love how this show completely ignores clichés and unwritten rules in sci-fi and twists em back around.
Plot armor is still a thing, but in this show the amount of people that are truly safe is really small.
Stuff like bringing back Kane... Nope
Bringing back Abby... Nope (nobody mourns her though)
Mass Genocide, including children, all because of the not-so-greater-good. I love it.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
I finished Season 6. Pretty good overall, though the ending felt a bit underwhelming. As has been the case since the Season 2 Finale, Murphy is the best part. "For the glory and grace of me."

And the big Season Ending Twist is...the space magic vortex thingy does freaky stuff with time, and Diyoza's baby is now all grown up, and Octavia may be (who are we kidding, probably not) dead. They could certainly take this in interesting directions next season, and I fully expect them to, but there's not a whole lot to go on right now. So still enjoying the show and cautiously optimistic over what's going to come next.

INH5 fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 17, 2019

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I completely forgot this show existed after the end of last season. Is this one worth a watch or is it another season of mutually assured destruction because "I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO FOR ME AND MY PEOPLE" with a different backdrop?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

I completely forgot this show existed after the end of last season. Is this one worth a watch or is it another season of mutually assured destruction because "I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO FOR ME AND MY PEOPLE" with a different backdrop?

It's good. In fact, the first few episodes are everyone rightfully making GBS threads on Clarke because she did that for the past few seasons.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's good. In fact, the first few episodes are everyone rightfully making GBS threads on Clarke because she did that for the past few seasons.

hold on..

They were all fine with Clarke doing that poo poo...

They only got mad at her when they started being the ones that had to be done.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They pretty much call out Clarke and BLUDRAINA on all their poo poo, it's great.

Also John Murphy Power Hour is like 24/7.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thread bump because the CW has announced that one of next season's episodes will be a backdoor pilot for a potential prequel series. Sounds like it is going to be kind of an origin of the Grounders deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're probably time traveling all season.

Clarke founds Lexa's settlement.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Thread bump because the CW has announced that one of next season's episodes will be a backdoor pilot for a potential prequel series. Sounds like it is going to be kind of an origin of the Grounders deal.

There's a ton to explore there--the state of society a few decades in our future, the collapse of the world after the bombs dropped, the remnants of society failing, the US Govt in Mt Weather, Bill Cadogen, Becca etc. :dance:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

There's a ton to explore there--the state of society a few decades in our future, the collapse of the world after the bombs dropped, the remnants of society failing, the US Govt in Mt Weather, Bill Cadogen, Becca etc. :dance:

Way more room for Dramance

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
But what about the Beta site?? and the others? We want closure!

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Rhyno posted:

They're probably time traveling all season.

Clarke founds Lexa's settlement.

The people in the suits, burning Bekka?

That's our heroes!

(I reckon)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Season 7 trailer's looking like a baller. Sanctuary's fragile peace is disintegrating; Russell's back as the big villain; the Anomaly is a Stargate; Diyoza is dressed like some loving Time Witch; there's people with weird helmets on; Murphy's getting more guns pointed at his head; Clarke's insane bloodlust is still intact...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vermain posted:

Season 7 trailer's looking like a baller. Sanctuary's fragile peace is disintegrating; Russell's back as the big villain; the Anomaly is a Stargate; Diyoza is dressed like some loving Time Witch; there's people with weird helmets on; Murphy's getting more guns pointed at his head; Clarke's insane bloodlust is still intact...

Let's gooooooooooooo

poo poo is going to get really wild

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
awwww yeah I can't loving wait for more Clarke and Murphy

so glad Abby is gone

I really hope the prequel series that was planned gets made after this virus poo poo is over

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

The final ride of Genghis Clarke!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Vermain posted:

Can't wait!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought they'd thrown Russel out of the airlock off-camera.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

A good poster posted:

I thought they'd thrown Russel out of the airlock off-camera.

Not really sure why they wouldn't.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

werdnam posted:

Not really sure why they wouldn't.

Because this is the show of continually making horrible choices that could be avoided with minimal thought.

And perfect hair.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ded posted:

Because this is the show of continually making horrible choices that could be avoided with minimal thought.

And perfect hair.

Nine times out of ten that horrible choice is choosing to keep someone alive.

The problem is then solved by murdering.

If they had invaded Sanctuary in the first place they probably would have come out of it better. Every goddamn time they try "This time we will be better people let us work together with these strangers" they end up being knee-deep in blood anyway. Let's list all the strangers they have met: Grounders - about 97% dead now, only allies because so many of them died that they need the Skaikru Wonkru to survive. Mountain Men - 100% dead. Prisonkru - like 90% dead. Sanctuarypeeps - 60? 80? Anyway with this track record just going full Genghis Clarke from minute 1 will probably SAVE lives.

I hope the last episode is Aliens appearing through the Anomaly through the Stargate and Clarke going "lol gently caress this ya'll know what's going to happen" and throwing a goddamn spear at the lead alien.

Also so happy that Abby is dead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is someone going to make a new thread? Or maybe rename this one idk. Premiere is tonight!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh hell yeah thanks for the reminder

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I don't think I have it in me to top that OP, but if someone wants to make a new one or a mod wants to change it that'd be cool.

My suggestion

The 100: Book II (Season 7). Clarke 5, Human Societies 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Man I hope nothing happens to that dog.

So many factions. Wonkru, the prisoners / miners, the Children of Gabriel, the citizens of sanctum and the stealth suit dudes.

But seriously, why is Russell Prime still alive? Clarke starting off the season strong by making bad decisions like not executing his rear end right away. Oh good, Darth Heda is back. :rolleyes: I can't remember, but they never really expanded on Sheidheda right? He's just the evil commander. I hope they do try to give him some characterization this season if he's going to be a villain.