Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Googly-eyes make everything better. It is known. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Idk if this one's been posted

DEATH TO THE FALSE GOOGLY EYES

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Cessna posted:

Be sure yours is authentic:

Well you wouldn't want a knockoff Chinese recast slave auction, would you? That would just be shameful.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Brock Samsonite posted:

This is quite excellent

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Brock Samsonite posted:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Brock Samsonite posted:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Eyes!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

reading the other painting thread is depressing because the quality is so good

but this thread? this one feels okay

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Loxbourne posted:

Well you wouldn't want a knockoff Chinese recast slave auction, would you? That would just be shameful.

Imagine your embarrassment when you have the boss over for dinner, you're showing off your fantasy miniature slave auction, and their spouse asks about the certificate of authenticity.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

CODChimera posted:

reading the other painting thread is depressing because the quality is so good

but this thread? this one feels okay
I'm with you, I decided a while ago this was my mini painting thread, for better or worse. This thread is usually so much more relatable, while occasionally being blown out by something either incredible or abhorrent. The main painting thread works at a level of quality that I've never seen in person.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Cessna posted:

Just learned of the existence of this:

Be sure yours is authentic:

Oh, Dennis.

What have you done.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
this seems like a good way to maintain social distancing

https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/Scrunt-by-aurochs/25340960.9G0D8

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Feeple posted:

Oh, Dennis.

What have you done.

On some level though, you have to admire the purity of it. Most of these creeps will try to give themselves cover in some fashion. Maybe the barest of bare coverings, or one or two male slaves (probably clothed) so they can can claim it's "equal opportunity". But here, nope, it's all clearly Gor fetish fantasy. No dancing around, just a big neon sign saying "DO NOT LEAVE SCULPTOR ALONE WITH WOMEN OR PROBABLY ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE".

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Titty Vampire

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Da grot is on performance enhancing squigs. I guarantee it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

AndyElusive posted:

Titty Vampire

Where's the top of that tombstone cross?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Where's the top of that tombstone cross?

Technically that’s a Celthicc cross

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

"Hey guys, have you heard about this thing called washes?!"

"No, what's that?"

"Sounds like sorcery of the vilest sort!"

"Sorcery!"

I don't feel bad about this because I spotted them on sale for 100% markup on Etsy.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 9, 2020

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Looks like this Anti-Paladin joined the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo Lodge.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Sorcery!"

I don't feel bad about this because I spotted them on sale for 100% markup on Etsy.

Say what you will but that's one nice coat of red paint. (don't look at the feet)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

Say what you will but that's one nice coat of red paint. (don't look at the feet)

The fact that the toe nails aren't painted and the high level of gloss in the black paint on the upper talons leads me to believe that demon wears black finger nail polish. So then the lore in my head is it's not even a threatening pose, demon-dude's just showing off his bomb-rear end painted talons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

I didn't realize it until you pointed it out, but that's because they're spray painting the whole thing red and painting (some) of the other details after the fact.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I didn't realize it until you pointed it out, but that's because they're spray painting the whole thing red and painting (some) of the other details after the fact.

I have to know how much these are being sold for, considering they’re like 5 minutes of work, max.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

For real why is the black so drat glossy?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PinheadSlim posted:

For real why is the black so drat glossy?

Testors

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Yeah, it's likely enamel paint.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Real chat:. What is the point of enamel paint? I'm sure we all got a set of enamels when we wanted to build the Knight Rider car during the 1992 earthquake, but is it all sales to misguided parents?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Real chat:. What is the point of enamel paint? I'm sure we all got a set of enamels when we wanted to build the Knight Rider car during the 1992 earthquake, but is it all sales to misguided parents?

I believe it's for stuff like model cars and planes where you want a smooth, shiny coat. Not that I've ever used it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

It provides a very thin and tough finish. It's great if your model is going to be handled a lot - ie RC models, gundams

Some effects like chrome can only be achieved with enamels. Even the best acrylic chromes are a pale imitation in this regard.

Lastly you have enamel washes which are like oil washes - they clean up with a different solvent so you can wash and clean over acrylics without damaging the underlayer.

Enamels are absolutely less beginner friendly in all respects compared to acrylics (toxic, doesn't clean or dilute with water) so I don't think selling em to kids is in any way a good idea.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TotalHell posted:

I have to know how much these are being sold for, considering they’re like 5 minutes of work, max.

$14.95. The minis themselves usually come in two-packs for between $6-8 depending on the mini (and come pre-primed), so they're charing about 4x the cost of the primed figure for ~10 minutes of their time. The big figures were more like $25 and selling for a flat $50.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm 90% sure that halberdier is a CMON ASOIAF guy, which run something like $35 for 13.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Do you love Blood Bowl, but despair at the lack of Nazis>

Despair no more!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alphateamsurvivors/fantasy-football-resin-and-metal-spectacle

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

genuinely shocked its not at like 1.3 million dollars fundraising.

I guess blood bowl is too niche to get the wide fascist appeal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Nazis and Titty Elves? This Kickstarter has got everything!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

usually in blood bowl I’ve found it’s the players who are in fact the nazis

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at the torso on that loving WoodElf Star Player. lmao.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Pity. The goblin hot dog vendor and the referee with her Refereeing Hammer are actually quite good and funny (well okay if your anime tolerance is fairly high for the ref).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Z the IVth posted:

Enamels are absolutely less beginner friendly in all respects compared to acrylics (toxic, doesn't clean or dilute with water) so I don't think selling em to kids is in any way a good idea.

I started out painting my Hero Quest minis with enamels, because my mom had a bunch of the little metal Humbrol pots and some brushes, and I was a kid with very little money, a mid-80s book on mini painting and no local game stores.

According to the book, acrylics were inferior to enamels in every way, so I stuck with enamels for a while until I tried the hexagonal Citadel paints at a friend's house and was all like "they look great, you just clean the brushes with water, and you don't get dizzy from turpentine fumes? Whaaat?"

I found some of the minis, this is one of the first I ever painted* and an identical mini I'm finishing up right now. 12 year old me was not very good at this whole coverage thing.

* I think the very first few were some orcs and goblins, obvs.

(Also LOL at green grass bases for dungeon-themed minis)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 12, 2020