Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lotta turbulence on the way to The Dell :( Pretty sure the plane is going down.

edit what a lovely snipe, wheels up though! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Unexpectedly high demand! The weekend is very popular apparently, I'll definitely use the bot next time!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inzombiac posted:

Hell yeah.

Bury me in flowers

How did it turn out?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

kumba posted:

The Dell is open for visitors!! Dodo code: see #open-towns in the discord, or PM me (but I might be AFK)!

Thanks for opening up!! The boardwalk area looks really cool btw!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up for a bit, I may be afk.

Nooks has a neutral corner, hanging tool set and bidet.

Ables doesn't have much and not much else is going on.

If anyone has beach towels or extra bamboo pieces, that would be appreciated. I can trade/give bells for them.

Dodo code is 72VPQ

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

kumba posted:

Unexpectedly high demand! The weekend is very popular apparently, I'll definitely use the bot next time!

All good, I really appreciate you opening. I watered a lot of stuff. My wife is going to love the clawfoot tub!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
KK could you like move to the beach or take away the chairs, your poo poo takes up so much room. I'm trying to run back and forth and do things

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 9, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Macaluso posted:

KK could you like move to the beach or take away the chairs, your poo poo takes up so much room. I'm thing to run back and forth and do things

He just wants to make the plaza fit in with Isabelle's vision of a 5star island that has fences everywhere so you gotta take roundabout paths to get anywhere

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nooooo, I made a horrible mistake!

I accidentally sold the Queen Alexandra Birdwing model I got this morning to Timmy and Tommy! :negative: I was gonna place it on my island somewhere, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention when I was selling my seashells.

Oh well.... guess I just gotta catch 3 more by the next time Flick comes...

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Heya folks! Marcel is crafting a Zen-style stone so I figured I’d open up! His house is directly east of Nook’s Cranny. Come one, come all and water my flowers!

Dodo code is he stopped!

(Give me tips on what to do with my western part of my islaaand)

Mac you are a lovely person, have the loveliest of lovely days

E-flat fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 9, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

TIL that apparently that fat perpetually sad sheep is a JOCK type? Huh??

Almost feel bad for myself cuz he was one of my starting two villagers and I know most of the other villagers in the game don't have their face game anywhere near up to same level as Dom does. Any future residents will always be compared to him. And they know they can't. Every face of his, a painting.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

So i did the gathering rock trick with the trees. I pulled out every non fruit, money and bamboo tree yesterday and now only have exactly 23 hardwood trees. Today every single tree produced a coin, wasp, or piece of furniture. Was able to get that 5 wasp in a row achievement super easy.

The hard part was placing them together but apart enough so i could easily see wasps.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 9, 2020

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Opening my gates for a bit. There's a chessboard at Nook's and a bunch of freebies behind the store.

Dodo code CLOSED.

Dogwood Fleet fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 9, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nessa posted:

Nooooo, I made a horrible mistake!

I accidentally sold the Queen Alexandra Birdwing model I got this morning to Timmy and Tommy! :negative: I was gonna place it on my island somewhere, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention when I was selling my seashells.

Oh well.... guess I just gotta catch 3 more by the next time Flick comes...

False alarm! I managed to find it at the very bottom of my housewares section in storage. Horray!

So glad I did not accidentally sell this really awesome model! Now I can put it on display in my flower garden with my peacock and agrias butterflies. I’m hoping to make a nice garden display to show to my mom for Mother’s Day. I won’t be able to see her in person, but I can send her screenshots of my garden!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

The hard part was placing them together but apart enough so i could easily see wasps.

There is a trick to catching wasps that makes it easy and you don’t have to actually see them at all. If you have you net in hand and you face the tree on the left side diagonally so the tree’s large root “foot” is pointing directly at you and shake the tree, the wasps will drop and you’ll make the surprised sound. As soon as that happens, mash the A button and you’ll automatically catch the wasp every time.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

There is a trick to catching wasps that makes it easy and you don’t have to actually see them at all. If you have you net in hand and you face the tree on the left side diagonally so the tree’s large root “foot” is pointing directly at you and shake the tree, the wasps will drop and you’ll make the surprised sound. As soon as that happens, mash the A button and you’ll automatically catch the wasp every time.

Standing directly in front of the tree works just as well. Even if there’s stuff around the base of the tree your character will automatically turn to face where the nest landed. It even works when the nest lands in the same tile as you.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The other option for easily catching wasps is to shake the tree from the top without the net equipped. Then you run upward a little bit and equip the net, which will automagically turn you down toward the wasps and give you plenty of time to swing.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Klaus is making an ironwood bed in the NW part of the map - -closed-

There’s also a white double door refrigerator on sale at Nook’s for 60k if anyone’s interested in that. My flowers are currently a mess due to the constant rain, but the two purple roses at the entrance and the green mums/purple hyacinths & tulips at the top could use some visitor watering!

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 9, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening up the gates of Mau-Mau again. I'll be AFK

Dodo Code: 169H1

Nooks 
Butterfly-fish model 1300

Books and tissue boxes

Turnip prices 124

Able sisters 
Pharoah's outfit, glass-bottle glasses, colorful striped sweater, soccer-uniforn top, leopard miniskirt, flapper dress, safety helmet

Fossils
Ammonite, Ankylo tail, Brachio chest, Diplo tail tip, Dunkleosteus, Eusthenopteron, Iguanodon skull, Iguanodon tail x2, Juramaia 
Mammoth skull, Mammoth torso
Megacero skull, Megacero tail, Opthalmo skull
Plesio body, Ptera body, Spino torso, Tricera skull 

DIY recipes
Wooden-block bed x2, Pile of zen cushions 
Wooden-mosaic wall, Peach umbrella 

Other stuff
Folding chair x2, Dolly (red), Effects rack, Colorful wheel, Popcorn machine (red), Elephant slide (blue), Shaded floor lamp (yellow), Cat tower (beige), Cacao tree, Utility sink, Digital scale, Tool shelf, Tool cart, Flashy-flower sign 

Looking for Dimetrodon torso, pink and black roses or green mums. Water the flowers if you feel like it and help yourself to fruit.

Fang is making a pile of zen cushions. He's on the upper east side of the beach.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Opening my gates for a bit. There's a chessboard at Nook's and a bunch of freebies behind the store.

Dodo codeL NJRYP

I grabbed the chess set, thanks! :peanut:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Nondevor posted:

Klaus is making an ironwood bed in the NW part of the map - 6FRCM

There’s also a white double door refrigerator on sale at Nook’s for 60k if anyone’s interested in that. My flowers are currently a mess due to the constant rain, but the two purple roses at the entrance and the green mums/purple hyacinths & tulips at the top could use some visitor watering!

Thanks for the bed! I hope Klaus chats you up about my title sometime.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

SilentChaz posted:

Opening up the gates of Mau-Mau again. I'll be AFK

Dodo Code: 169H1

Getting an Oh Drumsticks error, doesn’t have you up and running

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 9, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Marshal moved in today, and tomorrow Velma will too. I didn't see either of them on my Nook trips, so I hope more cool randos move in. Rather than the ones I've been wasting Miles on...

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

e: closed, thanks for coming!

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 9, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Dodo code: L2NWP

* Rhonda the gothy rhino is moving out. She's honestly been one of my favorite villagers this time around, but suffered the insurmountable disadvantage of having the same personality as Marina after I got Marina. Someone give her a good home!
* Phil is making the golden floor DIY.
* Boris is making the wooden plank sign DIY.
* Able Sisters has a bunch of good stuff today. Prince's tunic (would be good for a Link costume), wrestler outfits, goatee, pleather mask, paintball mask...
* Nook's has the stainless steel open-frame kitchen as a limited item (would look great if you're making a restaurant kitchen), and the pink amp.
* Extra DIY recipes by the airport
* My town's a goddamn mess right now, but still, please leave the flowers alone. Help yourself to fruit, though.

I'll be AFK-ish.

Edit: CLOSED

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 9, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I laughed pretty hard when I donated a crawfish just now. I was like wait this thing is basically like a bug and well touché game

Waffle! posted:

Marshal moved in today, and tomorrow Velma will too. I didn't see either of them on my Nook trips, so I hope more cool randos move in. Rather than the ones I've been wasting Miles on...

You can leave villager move in completely up to chance if you want. It's just a roll of the dice if you like the villager or not.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.

Macaluso posted:

KK could you like move to the beach or take away the chairs, your poo poo takes up so much room. I'm trying to run back and forth and do things

It feels weird to be bothered by a virtual dog but I've been soured on KK just because he sits so drat close to the resident services door.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

Dodo code: L2NWP

* Rhonda the gothy rhino is moving out. She's honestly been one of my favorite villagers this time around, but suffered the insurmountable disadvantage of having the same personality as Marina after I got Marina. Someone give her a good home!
* Phil is making the golden floor DIY.
* Able Sisters has a bunch of good stuff today. Prince's tunic (would be good for a Link costume), wrestler outfits, goatee, pleather mask, paintball mask...
* Nook's has the stainless steel open-frame kitchen as a limited item (would look great if you're making a restaurant kitchen), and the pink amp.
* Extra DIY recipes by the airport
* My town's a goddamn mess right now, but still, please leave the flowers alone. Help yourself to fruit, though.

I'll be AFK-ish.

Looks like Phil is done crafting. Says he is out for a walk.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

badjohny posted:

Looks like Phil is done crafting. Says he is out for a walk.

Thanks. Well, that didn't take very long. Hope someone was able to grab it at least.

Edit: Boris has started making the wooden plank sign

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 9, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gey muckle mowser posted:

Nook’s has: toilet, server, champion’s pennant, bingo wheel, revolving spice rack.

Thanks and sorry for the double visit, I never saw the server before and did not expect it to be so pricey.

:ohdear:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks and sorry for the double visit, I never saw the server before and did not expect it to be so pricey.

:ohdear:

no problem, thanks for coming!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Thanks for the bulletin drawing and clearing out my giveaway stash! Klaus stopped crafting so I closed down.

TheDK posted:

Thanks for the bed! I hope Klaus chats you up about my title sometime.

Unfortunately, the only thing he mentioned that the local funnel cake on your island was to die for. Maybe he’ll bring up the title in the future :v:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

gey muckle mowser posted:

e: closed, thanks for coming!

Thanks for making the Zen-style stone for me after Hornsby stopped handing out recipes. Hope you enjoy the iron garden bench recipe.
Also, Charlise is jealous of your cool title.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Rollersnake posted:

Boris has started making the wooden plank sign

To clarify, this isn't the sign you can put a custom image on. It's a wall sign that says... something in Japanese, and isn't anything to get excited about.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Rollersnake posted:

Grabbed Rhonda. She and Cherry can compare albums.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Myok posted:

Grabbed Rhonda. She and Cherry can compare albums.

Yay, I'm glad someone grabbed her. Uh, sorry about the catchphrase.

Baby just woke up form his nap, so I'm very AFK now instead of just sorta AFK, but I'm leaving my town open.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Anyone have a decent turnip price? Mine dropped all week and are now at measly 48 bells. :ohdear:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anyone have any triple digit turnip prices? Mine have been garbage all week.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Plank Walker posted:

Anyone have a decent turnip price? Mine dropped all week and are now at measly 48 bells. :ohdear:

Well laa-dee-daa mr money bags, mine are 22 and I invested all of my meagre savings in the them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Fissurefury posted:

It feels weird to be bothered by a virtual dog but I've been soured on KK just because he sits so drat close to the resident services door.

THANK YOU! I was hoping they'd patch it to put him further. idk