Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spime Wrangler posted:

tribal sovereignty abolished in 5-4 decision

Isn't that crazy Oklahoma case still pending where like 1/3 of murder convictions should be thrown out due to the treaty that wasn't followed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

shovelbum posted:

NZ actually had good messaging and buy in even tho they're chud lite

Don't know anything about NZ except it's one of the few major anglo countries that managed to implement a non-first-past-the-post electoral system and abolished its senate. Not suggesting they're immune to the corrosive effects of modern capitalism on public life, but presumably the govt is slightly more representative and responsive than the openly undemocratic systems in the US and FPTP countries. Also has a functioning public-health care system, but the US really stands alone in that regard. Pretty interesting to see NZ may return to semi-normalcy while the rest of the world debates indefinite-shelter vs opening the bloodgates. Maybe institutions matter?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

moist turtleneck posted:

wow there are p;eople that actually gave a poo poo about the rona flybys lol

I kinda wanted to see the Blue Angels when they flew above Houston, but they were flying above Houston. So they were doing a 90 minute long route to try to get as much as possible and it was just like, welp, I guess I can stand here for an hour and a half and hope to see some planes fly by once far away, or go back home and jerk off.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1258538250173468672

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's a beer coozie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is that even a remotely effective covering?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

eric ciaramella posted:

that's a beer coozie
look, they had the beer coozies lying around and available to repurpose. what do you want them to do? make actual masks? think how that would eat into brad’s profit margins, he might have to put off buying that second yacht for another month!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it looks like neoprene, you can tell the edges are not stitched so it's not cloth and you can tell from the ear cutouts that it doesn't stretch comfortably. it's about 2-3mm thichk I really doubt air passes through it at all but it's probably super good at blocking viruses if you're OK not being able to breathe!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXc51kRWAAMa76j?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also look at how drat red his ear is in that picture

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's nothing close to a seal around the nose (bad), and it will fog your glasses (worse)

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

beer coozies not so popular when you cant invite libs to a cookout and own them

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I imagine it sorta concentrates the virus around your head, creating a more concentrated miasma in your immediate vicinity but possibly protecting someone who's just passing by you a little further away. It's for infecting friends and family.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Finfizzler/status/1258964077075972098

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/RepJoeKennedy/status/1258900004623835136?s=20

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I know of a good way to just cut out the middle part joe

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Obamacare, but for the legal industry. As a lawyer I think this is a great idea

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/politics/donald-trump-staffers-coronavirus/index.html

quote:

(CNN)President Donald Trump hoped this would be the week he emerged into a nation recovering from pandemic. Instead the pandemic came to him.

A day after breaking his White House self-isolation for a cross-country trip meant to signal the country's readiness to restart, Trump received word that one of his Oval Office valets tested positive for the virus.

Two days later, Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary also tested positive, setting off another round of tests, delaying the vice president's trip to Iowa and causing more hand-wringing inside the White House about who might be infected.

Ivanka Trump's personal assistant also tested positive for coronavirus, a source familiar told CNN on Friday night, although she has been teleworking for nearly two months and has not been around the President's daughter in several weeks.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/fda-chief-hahn-quarantine-pence-245646

quote:

FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn will self-quarantine for 14 days after exposure to White House spokesperson Katie Miller, who tested positive for Covid-19 on Friday, three administration officials said.

Trump: 1
Pence: 1 (Katie Miller so by proxy Steven Miller and Stephen Hahn)
Ivanka: 1

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

it’s May 9 I have no idea how to get a non home made mask or get a covid rest

You can buy non homemade masks pretty much anywhere right now. A bunch of apparel companies started making them in April and are through their order backlog so you get them pretty quick. You can even buy paper surgical masks on Amazon or hardware store websites at the moment.

It was impossible to get a non homemade mask a few weeks ago, but that's changes now.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
I have a neoprene mask. It works just like the cloth ones. It's just stiffer so it is more uncomfortable and gets hot quicker. Masks aren't airtight, they just limit the speed and direction of exhales. Dude is wearing one too small for his giant head so it is loving up his ears.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

You can buy non homemade masks pretty much anywhere right now. A bunch of apparel companies started making them in April and are through their order backlog so you get them pretty quick. You can even buy paper surgical masks on Amazon or hardware store websites at the moment.

It was impossible to get a non homemade mask a few weeks ago, but that's changes now.

Are surgical paper ones cheap in bulk yet? I'd rather wear one than the homemade cloth ones my wife makes or a dust mask, ive been saving my n95s for public transit

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A worthy challenger but still ultimately falls to the GOAT

https://twitter.com/rysimmons/status/1144283018825277440?s=19

https://twitter.com/MikeKnudsen3/status/1144321016660803584?s=20

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Thoguh posted:

i can't get a cool indonesian techwear one with a magnetic strap (msrp $18), they keep selling out instantly :mad:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

eric ciaramella posted:

that's a beer coozie

neoprene would be a horribly uncomfortable face covering too lol. it's putting a wetsuit over your mouth and nose

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loving worthless libs

just dont charge if someone's sick from covid
or anything else

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the individual mandate but for legal retainers

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Worldometer has USA at 79,244 deaths. Think you'll hit 80,000 by the end of the day?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Archaic posted:

Worldometer has USA at 79,244 deaths. Think you'll hit 80,000 by the end of the day?

Just the flu Bro and we aren't halfway through the year.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Listen to these TV lawyers talk about healthcare in an episode that aired on Feb 16, 1989.

https://twitter.com/iluv2computer/status/1259180416898158594

L.A. Law has been one of my quarantine shows and it's been great. I'm halfway through season 3.

PyPy has issued a correction as of 05:24 on May 10, 2020

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

The Archaic posted:

numbers are usually down on weekends, but i reckon it will

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

Are surgical paper ones cheap in bulk yet? I'd rather wear one than the homemade cloth ones my wife makes or a dust mask, ive been saving my n95s for public transit

$40 for a pack of 50.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086KMYNSS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_1cVTEbMC7JCE1

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rauros posted:

georgia started reopening on the 24th

How does anyone look at these stats graphs and think yes this is all high quality, confidence data to draw conclusions from.

What is this dipshit even looking at to suggest there is curve flattening?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

seems less than ideal

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1259182674691883009

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Thoguh posted:

Got any links? iv just been wearing a bandanna when i go out

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The Archaic posted:

The better question is: when is the US gonna hit a million deaths? I’m gonna guess some time in July

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Archaic posted:

Fake news!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bunch of corona patients gonna be jumping out of windows soon

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lmao I just read the reviews for those masks and all the negative reviews are people giving them one star because they come from a factory in wuhan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Lmao I just read the reviews for those masks and all the negative reviews are people giving them one star because they come from a factory in wuhan

We as a nation are truly too stupid to continue

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lady Militant posted:

Got any links? iv just been wearing a bandanna when i go out

Just do a Google search for face masks and you'll start getting bombarded with ads on Facebook and elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I personally know some of the people who did and the tweet turns something that's actually heartwarming into a joke

if you found any of that poo poo heartwarming, that poo poo that was designed to sell you ms. monopoly, your humanity is gone and you're a fucker for defending it