Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PookBear posted:

literally every rocker is pedophile and I have no idea how they've all escaped the metoo era.

Because the girls loving rock stars are doing it willingly rather than being forced into sex slavery like epstein or having their careers hosed with like with managerial or political rapists.

E: This was poorly worded. I'm in no way trying to defend the actions of the ted nugent types of the world.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Because the girls loving rock stars are doing it willingly rather than being forced into sex slavery like epstein or having their careers hosed with like with managerial or political rapists.

You wanna rethink asserting that 13-14 year old girls are consenting?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

"willingly"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Little Richard travelled with an underage girl, too, but supposedly as cover because being a kid fucker was more ok than loving dudes

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
these are the moments when you learn which posters have ephebophilia_vs_pedophilia.txt ready to go

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stultus Maximus posted:

You wanna rethink asserting that 13-14 year old girls are consenting?

I'm not trying to say that they could give active consent, nor am I saying that what happened is right. I'm just saying it happens a lot and used to happen even more. The reason you don't hear about it as much as people who are abusing positions of power is because there is a completely different power dynamic and set of choices being made. There's a completely different level of agency in a groupie vs sex slave situation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
David Bowie hosed a lot of teenagers. He was wrong to do so. You don't have a bunch of women saying that he raped them because they wanted to gently caress him. That's what I was trying to say.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

David Bowie hosed a lot of teenagers. He was wrong to do so. You don't have a bunch of women saying that he raped them because they wanted to gently caress him. That's what I was trying to say.

I get what your meaning, but it's still rape.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yikes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I get what your meaning, but it's still rape.

Agreed. I'm not arguing it isn't and apologize if I came across that way. I was just trying to answer the question of why we don't hear about it as much.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Edit NM, let me say: I know as matter of fact that Mr. Nice isn’t a rape apologist or misogynist.

Post removed.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 9, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not trying to say that they could give active consent, nor am I saying that what happened is right. I'm just saying it happens a lot and used to happen even more. The reason you don't hear about it as much as people who are abusing positions of power is because there is a completely different power dynamic and set of choices being made. There's a completely different level of agency in a groupie vs sex slave situation.

Several of these stars had both!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
There ya go. Saying the quiet parts loud like the grand ol party has been doing these past few years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Edit NM, let me say: I know as matter of fact that Mr. Nice isn’t a rape apologist or misogynist.

Post removed.

I appreciate it, shim. I was less than eloquent and could have articulated my point better.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Several of these stars had both!

Also true. There's a lot of really hosed up poo poo out there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/1259213144855138305

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im calling this veteran blackface from now on

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gravy Seals

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Goddamnit, I haven't gotten to that part of the FF7 remake it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Ugh. I don't how that girl's parents could do that.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Discussion Quorum posted:

these are the moments when you learn which posters have ephebophilia_vs_pedophilia.txt ready to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlr2ZMTc52E

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:yeshaha:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Discussion Quorum posted:

My childhood best friend that I held onto into my adult years hit me with that “well actually, ephebophilia...” poo poo one night and a ton of poo poo clicked and I came to realize he was a... something. Broken, for sure. We’re not friends anymore. That poo poo stung. Every 6-8 months he or his brother try to re-add me on Facebook and I’m just like... nope.

They introduced me to SA, they’re both goons. And I hope they get help and get better. They post almost exclusively in ADTRW.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

Ugh. I don't how that girl's parents could do that.

At the bottom of the article is a link to her story. She said Steven told her mom the papers were for school enrollment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

And I hope they get help and get better.

Sadly they won't, because they don't think there's anything to get better from. There's nothing wrong with them, you see, it's everyone else.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol nobody’s that dumb.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol nobody’s that dumb.

Hahahahahahaha

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

active consent

This implies the existence of “passive consent,” so nope nope nope.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Orunitier posted:

At the bottom of the article is a link to her story. She said Steven told her mom the papers were for school enrollment.

It gets even worse when you get to the part about him gaslighting her into an abortion, and that the only thing that saved her life in a fire at Tyler's place was remembering a fire safety PSA that starred Bill Cosby.

And his attempts to astroturf the story in his favor as much as possible.

He wanted her to get an abortion because he'd already "traded up" to Bebe Buell by that point in their "relationship." He's a gigantic piece of poo poo and I really wish I'd found out sooner.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 9, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

remembering a fire safety PSA that starred Bill Cosby.

Theres'a joke here but hell if I can figure it out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mlmp08 posted:

This implies the existence of “passive consent,” so nope nope nope.

Yeah that's not what I meant at all. I also wasn't trying to imply any rock star is less a predator than weinstein.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It gets even worse when you get to the part about him gaslighting her into an abortion, and that the only thing that saved her life in a fire at Tyler's place was remembering a fire safety PSA that starred Bill Cosby.

And his attempts to astroturf the story in his favor as much as possible.

He wanted her to get an abortion because he'd already "traded up" to Bebe Buell by that point in their "relationship." He's a gigantic piece of poo poo and I really wish I'd found out sooner.

Yeah, the whole story's sad as hell.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Roy of Siegfried and Roy has died from COVID.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Agreed. I'm not arguing it isn't and apologize if I came across that way. I was just trying to answer the question of why we don't hear about it as much.

I've seen enough of your posting to not jump to being a dick immediately. My comment wasn't a jab so much as an attempt to make sure everyone is on the same page.
We are all clumsy or bad with words.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

E: This was poorly worded. I'm in no way trying to defend the actions of the ted nugent types of the world.

Oh no I get what you mean, but its more that a lot of this poo poo was all public knowledge and we didn't really NEED anyone to come forward.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Ok hang on, that dude with a fake ma deuce on his shoulder taking a selfie is hilarious.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I really feel for the dude behind the counter. That is a textbook example of "I don't NEED this poo poo today" face.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MRC48B posted:

Ok hang on, that dude with a fake ma deuce on his shoulder taking a selfie is hilarious.

That ma deuce is made of wood.

I mean, I would almost think he's trolling them but he also has an AR on his back.

I'm the akimbo underarm single actions.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 10, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its the chud buster sword from ff7

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Orunitier posted:

Ugh, Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m sure that’s just what they said because pimping your own daughter isn’t legal.