Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

eric ciaramella posted:

there's nothing close to a seal around the nose (bad), and it will fog your glasses (worse)

this is the real problem with any mask that doesn't have the metal band to conform to the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1259229897576329228

dont walk the virus without a leash

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

jisforjosh posted:

Serious question, if a state/county has in their orders "All public or private gatherings of ten (10) persons or more occurring outside a single
household or living unit are prohibited" am I completely batshit or should the 30+ people staff meetings in a 20x20ft room not be allowed for a business? Especially if a third aren't using their masks correctly.

Definitely wasn't allowed here and in addition small meetings still had to comply with the social distancing requirements (at least 4 square metres per person and at least 1.5 metres between people).

That said, our rules were set at federal and state level, not by local government.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

CONTROL > ALT > DELETE
THE VIRUS

SAVE LIVES

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/TeslaratiApp/status/1258810403573755906?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

If someone sneezes you do the Neo from Matrix thing where you stop the droplets in midair and then they fall harmless to the ground.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zegermans posted:

remember when they added a mariokart game to play when you charge your car, except it physically moved the wheels in place when you steered, and wore out your tires

yeah that owned

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1259226909394767872?s=20

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

quote:

transmission risk dropped 1.5 per cent for every degree Fahrenheit above 77F (25C), they found

this does not seem insignificant. its already in the 80s-90s here, when its 95 every dang day here in the summer thats a 27% drop.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the article says the opposite of that. heat reduces transmission risk, just not at significantly enough measures to not social distance and wear masks and poo poo.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lol it's all larping, it's always been larping

these are overgrown children who refuse to leave their toys at home

that's not to say some of these lunatics aren't legitimately dangerous but the most conspicuous ones dragging around the largest and most expensive-looking arms they can get their hands on are almost all bluffing

at least when nerds cosplay with big weapons you don't fear for your life, generally

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this does not seem insignificant. its already in the 80s-90s here, when its 95 every dang day here in the summer thats a 27% drop.

Finally some good news. I can just turn up my heat to 143 degrees and be 100% safe from the virus.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so many loving people out without masks lol we are so hosed

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Salt Fish posted:

Finally some good news. I can just turn up my heat to 143 degrees and be 100% safe from the virus.

please be a dear and cover yourself in olive oil, a bunch of thyme and a healthy sprinkling of salt when you do

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yeah, people in the south can go do stuff in the summer and probably be fine. It's the people doing stuff in the air-conditioned indoors who are hosed.

So if you want to play sports in the park, go for it. If you want to play magic the gathering at your local game shop, you're taking your life in your hands.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I mean that's great for outdoor poo poo but most transmission is inside buildings and I don't think walmart is jacking up the heat to 100 in the summer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Everybody's gonna be on HRT and exclusively doing outdoor activities for recreation. We're all gonna be hot as gently caress by the fall

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Ive always thought this for the flu for years and no one has been able to tell me why it doesnt work.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, people in the south can go do stuff in the summer and probably be fine. It's the people doing stuff in the air-conditioned indoors who are hosed.

So if you want to play sports in the park, go for it. If you want to play magic the gathering at your local game shop, you're taking your life in your hands.

Yes, a 27% reduction in transitivity means you're 100% safe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Salt Fish posted:

Yes, a 27% reduction in transitivity means you're 100% safe.

I said "probably". And that 27% is only from the temperature, you're not including the reduction from being outdoors.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Starks posted:

I’ve always thought this for the flu for years and no one has been able to tell me why it doesn’t work.

Finns are immune to flu due to nonstop saunas

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

how am I supposed to control the virus? I'm not Bill Gates :shrug:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gripweed posted:

I said "probably". And that 27% is only from the temperature, you're not including the reduction from being outdoors.

My enchanted mask of filtering +2 gives me a 15% bonus to virus resistance so I can visit dave and busters its not a problem.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

don't change viruses mid stream

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

China isn't using AC anymore, they're way ahead on this

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

so many loving people out without masks lol we are so hosed

:911:

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know anywhere you can get cool and fun dust masks (not n95)? I have to wear a cloth mask at my hospital job at all times (only bust out n95 for quarantine ward work) and the ones they're providing are garbage.

I ordered a Dale Earnhardt mask from Teenage Stepdad that's in the mail but I want better masks. The Orbit one listed above looks comfortable.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
hey, so, you know how pennsylvania has a county-by-county enforcement level for its shelter-in-place stuff

well it may shock you to hear this, but: several 'red' counties in pennsylvania are planning to ignore the governor's orders and move themselves from 'red' to 'yellow' because they feel like it

Schuylkill County tells governor its going rogue, easing coronavirus restrictions without permission

i'm pretty sure governor wolf's not gonna do poo poo about it, but what do i know

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
the sca needs to create a military branch or some poo poo and invite these people so they can run around and play paintball in the woods while getting winded climbing a 400ft hill and get giardia because they think they can filter water with a bandana and some moss

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

edging the roni

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Even if a vaccine is developed, tons of people will be killed by COVID-xx every year because:

1. Tons of people who are immunocompromised can't get the vaccine
2. There is a significant anti-vaxx population in the USA to begin with
3. Refusing to get the vaccine is going to be a partisan political marker, which will augment #2 in hilarious ways.

It's gonna be great.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Even if a vaccine is developed, tons of people will be killed by COVID-xx every year because:

3. Refusing to get the vaccine is going to be a partisan political marker, which will augment #2 in hilarious ways.

It's gonna be great.

we have a huge low key tb epidemic bc even non antivaxxers wont tolerate a small scar, same as how we dont vaccinate for smallpox even though it is a common biowar agent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's gonna be great.

4. it will cost 10,000$

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's gonna be great.

that study saying 33% of Americans would refused to get the vaccine because it would have Bill Gates mind control ability.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Funky_Boite/status/1259229531245817857?s=19

:captainpop:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

went to get coffee today. in the space of 15 minutes I saw two trucks towing boats and several vehicles carrying kayaks. it's the first day this year to reach the 80s.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

wanna make a drow DnD character and use this as the character's entrance music

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Spergin Morlock posted:

went to get coffee today. in the space of 15 minutes I saw two trucks towing boats and several vehicles carrying kayaks. it's the first day this year to reach the 80s.

america has surrendered to the virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Vancouver on Friday:

https://twitter.com/ianjamesyoung70/status/1259128029407703041?s=19